Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC (5846 Views)

UNIMAID Teaching Hospital Spends ₦67 Million On Diesel Monthly - CMD / OAU Spends N80m On Electricity & N2m On Diesel Every Month / Bulk Of Education Budget Spent On Public Universities’ 10,500 Professors – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Blue3k2: 2:55am On Jun 20, 2018
The Lagos State University (LASU) says it spent more than 70 per cent of its annual budget on purchase of diesel due to erratic power supply to the institution.

Olanrewaju Fagbohun, the Vice-Chancellor of the university made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Lagos.

Mr Fagbohun said that poor power supply was not peculiar to the university but all sectors of the country.

He expressed concern at the rate the university was spending the chunk of its budget on diesel.

“If we have spent over 70 per cent of the annual budget on diesel alone within six months of the year, I wonder how we would manage the university with the remaining 30 per cent for the remaining months,” he said.

The vice-chancellor, however, noted that the university was already thinking outside the box by looking for an alternative power supply as a means for regular electricity.

“Our Faculty of Science, Physics department in particular is already looking at the possibility of building a solar energy to be able to bail the university out.

“We are thinking out of the box and that we will launch soon,” he said.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/272994-over-70-lasu-budget-spent-on-diesel-vc.html
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 20, 2018
The institution spends that much on diesel for power generation yet,half the time large parts of the school are always without power supply

I suspect the VC did not factor in something: corruption within the system. If you ask me,someone is most likely/probably inflating something somewhere. Somehow.

I remember quite vividly how certain members of staff at LASU were fired over this same diesel issue sometime back[they were in the habit of stealing diesel]. They were running a "diesel cabal". A racket if you like.

The news should still be on the Internet.

I don't believe that has totally changed.

So,anything is possible.

This is Nigeria. When you see things like this... raise an eyebrow.
There might be someone somewhere misappropriating something.

True power supply is horrible but this storry. ..

sad

8 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Tintinnoty(m): 7:23am On Jun 20, 2018
How come giving Nigeria 24 hours stable light has become rocket science for even almighty Fashola

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by wonuks(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2018
Noted

Still looking for a beautiful and mobile friendly website design for your business or organization? No advanced payments required. Check my signature. Only serious people please*
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Owaincouncil: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2018
70% ke
What will now happen in the next 6 month.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Ziggylady(f): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2018
Good one...Buhari is working,therefore 2019 is sure for him undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Yinxies(f): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2018
This might be true as presented to the VC. and we all know how bad power supply is in the country. Who can contest the report undecided

1 Like

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Firefire(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2018
Blame the rocket science man. The man who promised to provide stable power across the country within 6-months.

4 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by UncleJudax(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2018
Solar Farm is "thinking outside the box"...lol

3 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by kalvoken(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2018
the security should be put to check too, you need to see how some of those men working with network providers move diesel to sell.
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by otokx(m): 7:27am On Jun 20, 2018
Diesel supply is one of the ways some corrupt staff use to enrich themselves in Nigeria. They always claim to buy so much and then deliver so little.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by NOC1(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2018
He is a big fat lier The LASU I know have power for atleats 18hrs everyday. Ask Lasu students for confirmation.

6 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Paperwhite(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2018
Tintinnoty:
How come giving Nigeria 24 hours stable light has become rocket science for even almighty Fashola
Abi o.The sophisticated fellas will not hold their over-hyped son-Fashola for lack of integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by desmond2pk: 7:29am On Jun 20, 2018
A university can't build her own electricity supply or solar electricity supply?
I wonder why they are called university

1 Like

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Tintinnoty(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2018
Paperwhite:
Abi o.The sophisticated fellas will not hold their over-hyped son-Fashola for lack of integrity.

The same Fashola who once said giving Nigeria 24 hours stable light shouldn't be rocket science has suddenly gone brain empty.

4 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Dc4life(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2018
NOC1:
He is a big fat lier The LASU I know have power for atleats 18hrs everyday. Ask Lasu students for confirmation.

You’re the one lying here.. The power supply in LASU is nothing to write home about. Very bad!

3 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:33am On Jun 20, 2018
CORRUPTION GALORE
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by kalvoken(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2018
BUT IT TRULY SUCK THAT WE CANT HAVE 12hrs LIGHT IN THUS COUNTRY, WHERE ONE PERSON CAN STEAL DOLLARS IN BILLION AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by SHOPPERS(m): 7:35am On Jun 20, 2018
Thinking out of the box is now working on Solar energy in 2018??

Naija sef.

1 Like

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by VicHots(f): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2018
And you called yourself VC?
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by darocha1: 7:38am On Jun 20, 2018
Good one
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by omooba969(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2018
Disgraceful.

They're still looking at the possibility of tapping into other areas for power supply...wowgrin.

Dumb VC + Dumb lecturers + Dumb students = garbage in, garbage out. cool

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Ilajeboy(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2018
kalvoken:
BUT IT TRULY SUCK THAT WE CANT HAVE 12hrs LIGHT IN THUS COUNTRY, WHERE ONE PERSON CAN STILL DOLLARS IN BILLION AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

Steal Billions in dollars
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by omooba969(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2018
kalvoken:
BUT IT TRULY SUCK THAT WE CANT HAVE 12hrs LIGHT IN THUS COUNTRY, WHERE ONE PERSON CAN STILL DOLLARS IN BILLION AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

We are not ready to take the vagabonds in power out yet, when we are truly ready they also will get the message that we ain't taking shît no more.

Lone ranger things, grin if you know what I mean. cool
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by Chukazu: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2018
But Fashola and Buhari says Nigerians have stopped using Generators ?
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by NOC1(m): 7:49am On Jun 20, 2018
Dc4life:

You’re the one lying here.. The power supply in LASU is nothing to write home about. Very bad!

i packed out from our family house at Franclas Iyanaba on 2nd of February, we use the same light with LASU, we equally have an apartment at Iba first gate who equally share same light with, Ojo barracks and Lasu. my brother i am not just saying what i dont know, i am speaking because i have stayed in that area for years.

2 Likes

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by kalvoken(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2018
omooba969:

We are not ready to take the vagabonds in power out yet, when we are truly ready they also will get the message that we ain't taking shît no more.

Lone ranger things, grin if you know what I mean. cool

will be too hard to archive that! our major problems are the likes of sadki, mad-ridguy, ngene et all.
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by zone51: 7:52am On Jun 20, 2018
So, what is the essence of electrical/mechanical department that can't develop a power generating plant enough to power the school? undecided
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by kalvoken(m): 7:53am On Jun 20, 2018
Ilajeboy:

cool
Ilajeboy:

Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by looseweight: 7:53am On Jun 20, 2018
I just wish our constitution should allow independent power generation. This will really help this country and also create jobs. This will also put our leaders on their toes when it comes to delivering dividends of democracy. A state can generate power and I sell to big companies and institutions.

In other words, check our latest testimony from the natural fat loss.
Re: Over 70% LASU Budget Spent On Diesel – VC by CodeTemplar: 7:54am On Jun 20, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/272994-over-70-lasu-budget-spent-on-diesel-vc.html

See them. They are only trying to build solar because they are running out of funds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A.T.B.U BAUCHI 2012/2013 DISCUSSION BOARD / Asup Strike / UNIBEN Post Utme Results For 2015/2016 is Out. Go Check Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.