Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use (11020 Views)

New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People / Montana Passes Bill Blocking Tiktok Downloads / Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by koolkidcletus(m): 4:18am On Jun 20, 2018
Canada has become the first G7 country to completely legalize recreational weed.

Well here’s some good news for those of you living North of the border. It was just announced on Tuesday that Canada has legalized recreational marijuana use after the country’s two legislative chambers approved the Cannabis Act.

According to reports, the bill will allow anyone over the age of 18 to possess no more than 30 grams of marijuana. It also allows adults to sell cannabis as well as grow up to four plants in their home, making Canada the second country in the world after Uruguay to legalize recreational marijuana use, and the first G7 nation to do so.

“We’ve just witnessed a historic vote for Canada. The end of 90 years of prohibition. Transformative social policy, I think. A brave move on the part of the government,” the bill’s sponsor Sen. Tony Dean told the CBC. “Now we can start to tackle some of the harms of cannabis. We can start to be proactive in public education. We’ll see the end of criminalization and we can start addressing Canada’s $7 billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada.”

It’s reported that Canada will go legal within 8-12 weeks allowing provinces, municipalities, law enforcement, and other entities to prepare for the new law.

Now the real question remains when will the United States follow in suit? Hopefully sooner than later now.

SOURCE: https://thugmp3.com/canada-passes-bill-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana-use/

4 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by dynicks(m): 4:52am On Jun 20, 2018
Cus we're gonno be...eee.. forever you nd me..eee...; always keeping flying HIIIIGHHHH..H in the sky....

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by iceberryose(m): 5:04am On Jun 20, 2018
That Should Happen In Naija Too.

Them say e dey make people mad, how many mad people dey Canada and US combined compared to Nigeria?.

Hardship is the main cause of madness.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by okolet(m): 5:05am On Jun 20, 2018
recreational weeding.. cheesy

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Iruobean(m): 5:06am On Jun 20, 2018
angry
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by kolnel: 5:06am On Jun 20, 2018
Nice
It’s legal here in Massachusetts
The government is trying to make money from marijuana sales considering how much it’s being consumed

18 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 20, 2018
This shows you that the government doesn't and never wants competition.. wink wink

9 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by allanphash7(m): 5:07am On Jun 20, 2018
The kush nation

Babylon come and light it up on fire
Me a chant
Yes I'm a ganja planter
Call me di ganja farmer
Deep down inna di earth where me put di ganja

21 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Teacher1776(m): 5:07am On Jun 20, 2018
Noted.
Well, in my opinion, this is also like a two-edged sword.
While controlling the distribution could result in production of a more safe and healthy form of the product, it will not solve the problem of addiction.
On a light note, if this should happen in Naija...

6 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Harbkol234(m): 5:09am On Jun 20, 2018
It's a done deal, waiting for Nigeria to legalize it...... grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by weyreypey: 5:09am On Jun 20, 2018
dynicks:
Cus we're gonno be...eee.. forever you nd me..eee...; always keeping flying HIIIIGHHHH..H in the sky....

They said recreational...not your three course heavy weed meal mixed with codeine syrup.

Finally the devil goes knocking on Canada's door

3 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by delimit(m): 5:10am On Jun 20, 2018
Not a good bill to pass from my own opinion

1 Like

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Josenice(m): 5:10am On Jun 20, 2018
Canada again??
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by adorable29(f): 5:12am On Jun 20, 2018
When their flag has orange marijuana symbol why won't their kids be taking it like chocolate. Even Jamaica hasn't legalized it.

Say no to drug and substance abuse! angry

2 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Riversides2003(m): 5:12am On Jun 20, 2018
Without passing the bill, we have too many depressed and homeless people as a result of drug overdose, just be ready for the results of your actions pretty soon. This is why giving young people leadership position sometimes scares me. This Justin Trudeau guy is a big joke.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by dynicks(m): 5:15am On Jun 20, 2018
weyreypey:

They said recreational...not your three course heavy weed meal mixed with codeine syrup.
none of your business...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 20, 2018
grin grin viva Canada! Way to Go!
Everything was good and fine till Babylon decided to criminalize a happy plant! and thats the happiness the world wants!

and the Gullible, mentally enslaved African , who is naturally a herbalist Decided to follow suit!

As it was said in Luke 10: 21
What has been hidden from the wise and prudent, is now being revealed to the babes and suckling!!

11 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by michlins(m): 5:17am On Jun 20, 2018
I just hope Buhari and co doesn't make this a campaign promise.
Lia go be like "In furtherance to the promise of making this country and great which this administration is suffering to do and PDP refused to do die to corruption, we are happy to announce that Nigeria is the first African country and third in the world to legalize marijuana for people to become happy "
Him go be like this move go save Nigeria $50bn lost to illegal use which PDP allowed to flourish because of corruption
Funny enough PDP go counter am say na del put the bill in motion and it's part of handover policy the government gave to APC.
We're suffering in this country. God help us

6 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Raiders: 5:22am On Jun 20, 2018
adorable29:
When their flag has orange marijuana symbol why won't their kids be taking it like chocolate. Even Jamaica hasn't legalized it.

marijuana is not a drug but a plant

15 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by MarijuanaLORD: 5:24am On Jun 20, 2018
grin
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by MarijuanaLORD: 5:25am On Jun 20, 2018
delimit:
Not a good bill to pass from my own opinion
Is it your bill
Are you Canadian?

HELL NO

So i suggest you shut it or better still locate the nearest joint and smoke some good MARIJUANA because you really need it wink

10 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by JeromeBlack: 5:27am On Jun 20, 2018
Riversides2003:
Without passing the bill, we have too many depressed and homeless people as a result of drug overdose, just be ready for the results of your actions pretty soon. This is why giving young people leadership position sometimes scares me. This Justin Trudeau guy is a big joke.

From my research, medical marijuana has some health benefits

10 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by anyimontana(m): 5:29am On Jun 20, 2018
E don be

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by nightingalee: 5:30am On Jun 20, 2018
That's okay. Although smoking cannabis as a way to administer the psychoactive agent THC into the body is unhealthy. Vaporizers should be considered; it's a lot safer than the conventional combustion method. Cannabis are of three breeds, namely; Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis. Each breed carries in itself a significant concentration of THC, which is responsible for the type of HIGH you feel after/during consumption. If you wanna be really productive, don't consume pot, buh if you must take pot keep it controlled- everything in the right proportion. Welcome Online Canadians.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by MarijuanaLORD: 5:30am On Jun 20, 2018
Riversides2003:
Oh please shut up

The average canadian that smokes weed even when it was illlegal is miles ahead and better than you in almost every aspect of humanity and living. I am certain you are not smarter than a canadian junkie

The world is changing. Forfucks sake medical marijuana is healthy

Legalizing marijuan will reduce the intake of more harmful substance like meth coke and heroine

I wonder why black man wey get rigid reasoning go wan chook mouth for oyinbo matter. Face your dirty country. Marijuana is illegal here yet na mad people full everywhere

FACT: Almost every Nigerian is crazy cheesy.

SMOKE MARIJUANA TODAY grin

29 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 20, 2018
allanphash7:
The kush nation

Babylon come and light it up on fire
Me a chant
Yes I'm a ganja planter
Call me di ganja farmer
Deep down inna di earth where me put di ganja

Big stinkin' helicopter flow through di air kiss
What dem call it dem call it weedeater kiss
Dem never did there when me wa totin' water angry
Or when me did applying fertilizer angry
Yet outta di sky dem spittin fire tongue
And I'm a little youth man, with a hot temper cheesy
Me dig up me stinkin' rocket launcher cheesy
And in a di air dispense the helicopter shocked
Me ya chant

8 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 20, 2018
nightingalee:
That's okay. Although smoking cannabis as a way to administer the psychoactive agent THC into the body is unhealthy. Vaporizers should be considered; it's a lot safer than the conventional combustion method.
agreed, a good vape is quite expensive tho

2 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Guys will start looking for Canada Visa grin grin

If you want to win a free trip to Brazil, apply for this fellowship now.

Only people from 18 to 35 years old!
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by motherfucker: 5:38am On Jun 20, 2018
adorable29:

let me educate u.

First, admit you are ignorant like many Nigerians.

Secondly, the marijuana plant is called miracle plant for a reason. You know why? It can cure a lot of illness...

From cancer to epilepsy and many more.

Do your research and that is why it is hard for the smokers to fall sick.

What makes people high when they smoke it is THC content in it, which can be removed.

The west know what they are doing and I am in support of it.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Riversides2003(m): 5:39am On Jun 20, 2018
Codiene is medicinal, we all know which other ways it’s useful.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Riversides2003(m): 5:44am On Jun 20, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Or please shut up

The average canadian that smokes weed even when it was illlegal is miles ahead and better than you in almost every aspect of humanity and living. I am certain you are not smarter than a canadian junkie

The world is changing. Forfucks sake medical marijuana is healthy

Legalizing marijuan will reduce the intake of more harmful substance like meth coke and heroine

I wonder why black man wey get rigid reasoning go wan chook mouth for oyinbo matter. Face your dirty country. Marijuana is illegal here yet na mad people full everywhere

FACT: Almost every Nigerian is crazy cheesy.

SMOKE MARIJUANA TODAY grin

You are rude buddy, when you argue be objective and don’t abuse people.Am sure no no longer attend Jamb classes so I expect you to be more mature next time. Codiene that is medicinal what did you and your brothers turned it into? Pls respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by anyimontana(m): 5:46am On Jun 20, 2018
Riversides2003:
izit your Canada?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Tanzanian Soldiers Killed In The Democratic Republic Of Congo / 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day / Obama Is A Weak Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.