Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,779 members, 7,798,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup (29968 Views)

Chef Damilola Adeparusi begins 120 hours cook-a-thon to break Guinness records / Guinness World Records' Reaction To Hilda Baci’s Cook-a-Thon / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by niqqaclaimz(m): 8:04am On Jun 20, 2018
How to cook egusi soup(melon soup)

Egusi soup is one of the easiest and simple soup you can make within 45 minutes or more.
Egusi soup is also known as melon soup as melon seeds are used to make the egusi soup.
Now there is something unique about egusi soup, I bet most of you do feel the same way about it.
I tend to eat more fufu when I am eating it with egusi soup than other soup.I don't know if you guys experience this as well.
Now there are different methods which people use to cook egusi soup but this is my own preference on how to cook egusi soup so make sure you learn from this if don't know how to cook it.

Ingredients.

4 cups of egusi seed

3 cooking spoon of red palm oil

Stock fish or cow meat

Two tablespoon of crayfish

Ugu leaves (N100 ugu leave will do)

Salt and pepper and

3 stock cube.

Things you should get ready before you start cooking the egusi soup.

Grind the melon seeds and keep aside.

If you would use stock fish then you will have to wash it properly with hot water and leave it in the hot water to get soft to be able to be broken with hands.But if you are using cow meat then you will have wash the meat properly and if not cut in to pieces, then cut it yourself into small pieces and then cook it first by putting it in a pot, add water to it and also add a little salt and pepper.
Let it cook for about 20 to 30 minutes then turn off the cooker (gas or stove).

Next is to cut the ugu leaves into smaller pieces.

Now you are all set to start cooking the egusi soup.

How to cook the egusi soup

Now put the meat in a different pot or plate and then the water from the meat should be put back on the cooker, then add the grounded egusi to the pot and stir and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes.
Keep checking on it while it's cooking, if the water from the meat isn't enough then add a little water till the texture is ok.

After about 15 minutes, you will now add the red palm oil to the cooking pot, atleast 3-4cooking spoon of the red palm oil will be ok and if not ok yet add a little more and stir.

After about 5 minutes of adding the
Red palm oil, add the cooked meat and the ugu leaves which you've cut into pieces to the pot and stir.

Then lastly, 2 minutes after adding the ugu leaves,add your stock cubes, pepper and little salt to the cooking pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes then turn off the cooker.
And that is for how to cook egusi soup.Hope you enjoyed and learnt how to make egusi soup.

Now help tag dj cuppy to come learn how to cook egusi asap..lol.

Source- http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/how-to-cook-egusi-soup/

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Godfather92(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin Weldon, at least your wife won't starve you

9 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by niqqaclaimz(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2018
Godfather92:
grin grin grin grin grin Weldon, at least your wife won't starve you
Am telling you...
Is good a guy knows how to cook..it will help you not to spend much and eat out.
Even in university, if you know how to cook you will be able to do some savings.
It more better and economic.

16 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by niqqaclaimz(m): 8:29am On Jun 21, 2018
Cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Acidosis(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2018
4 cups of egusi seed?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by nurez305(m): 11:32am On Jun 21, 2018
My best soup

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Kissup(f): 11:32am On Jun 21, 2018
Egusi don cost joor.i stopped eating egusi since it became 200 naira for milk cup

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Grupo(m): 11:32am On Jun 21, 2018
This is how I cook my own egusi.

1. I steam meat and set aside.
2. Pour my ground egusi into a bowl. Add a little water and form the egusi into a paste.
3. Add little oil into a cooking pot, allow the oil to get warm a bit.
4. Pour the earlier prepared paste into the oil and fry.
5. Keep turning the egusi in the oil until a proper mixture is formed.
6. Pour the water from the meat and allow the whole mixture to boil for some minutes.
7. Add pepper, Maggi cube, salt, etc and allow to boil yet again.
8. Lastly. Pour in your vegetables and stir.

9. Allow the vegetables to simmer.

10. Enjoy your tastefully prepared egusi soup.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Lexusgs430: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2018
Heart attack on a plate.....
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Yewandequeen(f): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2018
Ah

This ur method get k-leg oh. But will give it to u being a man.

3 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by freemanbubble: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2018
egusi is my favourite soup.
but here in Benin city i think black soup na I'm win am

but the way my girlfriend cook ogbono soup ehnn is making me to rethink maybe ogbono is my favourite for now

16 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Acecube(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
How to cook egusi soup(melon soup)

Egusi soup is one of the easiest and simple soup you can make within 45 minutes or more.
Egusi soup is also known as melon soup as melon seeds are used to make the egusi soup.
Now there is something unique about egusi soup, I bet most of you do feel the same way about it.
I tend to eat more fufu when I am eating it with egusi soup than other soup.I don't know if you guys experience this as well.
Now there are different methods which people use to cook egusi soup but this is my own preference on how to cook egusi soup so make sure you learn from this if don't know how to cook it.

Ingredients.

4 cups of egusi seed

3 cooking spoon of red palm oil

Stock fish or cow meat

Two tablespoon of crayfish

Ugu leaves (N100 ugu leave will do)

Salt and pepper and

3 stock cube.

Things you should get ready before you start cooking the egusi soup.

Grind the melon seeds and keep aside.

If you would use stock fish then you will have to wash it properly with hot water and leave it in the hot water to get soft to be able to be broken with hands.But if you are using cow meat then you will have wash the meat properly and if not cut in to pieces, then cut it yourself into small pieces and then cook it first by putting it in a pot, add water to it and also add a little salt and pepper.
Let it cook for about 20 to 30 minutes then turn off the cooker (gas or stove).

Next is to cut the ugu leaves into smaller pieces.

Now you are all set to start cooking the egusi soup.

How to cook the egusi soup

Now put the meat in a different pot or plate and then the water from the meat should be put back on the cooker, then add the grounded egusi to the pot and stir and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes.
Keep checking on it while it's cooking, if the water from the meat isn't enough then add a little water till the texture is ok.

After about 15 minutes, you will now add the red palm oil to the cooking pot, atleast 3-4cooking spoon of the red palm oil will be ok and if not ok yet add a little more and stir.

After about 5 minutes of adding the
Red palm oil, add the cooked meat and the ugu leaves which you've cut into pieces to the pot and stir.

Then lastly, 2 minutes after adding the ugu leaves,add your stock cubes, pepper and little salt to the cooking pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes then turn off the cooker.
And that is for how to cook egusi soup.Hope you enjoyed and learnt how to make egusi soup.

Now help tag dj cuppy to come learn how to cook egusi asap..lol.

Source- http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/how-to-cook-egusi-soup/
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Assassin101: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2018
I wonder o!

so much for "Mr. cook"

Acidosis:

4 cups of egusi seed?

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Oselu28(f): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Oselu28(f): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2018
but I doubt if the egusi soup in the pix is from the procedure u just gave..... my opinion though

12 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 21, 2018
Does this boy know how much soup 4 cups of Egusi will cook?

Mr. Man are you cooking for the whole community?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Obudupikin: 11:39am On Jun 21, 2018
Make I learn.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2018
If you are guy that can cook gather here let's know ourselves

Like me there's no soup I can't make except ewedu angry

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by kpaofame: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2018
My Best Soup

grin cheesy
Kissup:
Egusi don cost joor.i stopped eating egusi since it became 200 naira for milk cup
I have only cooked it twice since the price hike, but eat out at Mama G place at same price per plate as usual

4 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by sirzent(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Ah

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by clive2u(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2018
The simplest way to cook a sweet egusi soup is to call my mother. She is the best
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by haconjy(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2018
Nice one stoll
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by latexxbro(m): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2018
I just hope I won't be wasting my money today....I will it later today...First time I will be preparing soup

5 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by junbi(f): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2018
4 cups bawo shocked
In this Bhuera

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Acidosis:

4 cups of egusi seed?
Lmao, na burial soup

11 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by zinnywonders(f): 11:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Hahahahahaha... I no fit shout ooo!

Mr Cook, u've cooked ugu 4 2mins, then cooked again 4 10mins
Chai! Na chaff u chop oooo!

You even added ur stock when you're almost done... Lwkmd! ... How will d meat be tasty without adding salt n stock at first?

You tried but.......

15 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by SUSSYASH: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Finally, you will sprinkle the crayfish on the soup when its ready and out of fire abi? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by wisestman(m): 11:57am On Jun 21, 2018
grin
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by zinnywonders(f): 11:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Ah

Na over K-leg dey worry de soup... Lmao oo! �

2 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Powerexpert: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2018
I do different combinations for my egusi
1. I fry oil a little, add dried egusi to fry along then later add water, pepper etc.
2. Fry oil, add onions, mix egusi with water and put into the frying oil.
3. Fry oil, add pepper, later add egusi with water
For 2 and 3, sometimes, I may just add it as dried egusi instead of mixing with water.
At least anyway na way. You can add meat water and other components as you so desire.

11 Likes

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by zinnywonders(f): 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
SUSSYASH:
Finally, you will sprinkle the crayfish on the soup when its ready and out of fire abi? grin grin

Hahahahahaha... Abi Ooooo!

This one na concoction Egusi soup.. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ichapi Peter: Man Who Delivers Food To Workers With Okada In Makurdi / Would You Have This For Lunch? / See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.