Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup (29972 Views)

Chef Damilola Adeparusi begins 120 hours cook-a-thon to break Guinness records / Guinness World Records' Reaction To Hilda Baci’s Cook-a-Thon / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Austema:

Guy why did you want to intimidate me like this, I am a guy who doesnt know how to to cook anything, a final year student

Email me your whatsapp, I can teach you all that I know if you ready it's simple though that's if you're not lazy
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Obudupikin: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
Yewandequeen:

Not dissing him. Just that the procedure should v been done differently. But thumps up to him to be able to pull that being a guy. Some ladies cant even do this.

What's the different procedure please?
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by room089: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
Grupo:
This is how I cook my own egusi.

1. I steam meat and set aside.
2. Pour my ground egusi into a bowl. Add a little water and form the egusi into a paste.
3. Add little oil into a cooking pot, allow the oil to get warm a bit.
4. Pour the earlier prepared paste into the oil and fry.
5. Keep turning the egusi in the oil until a proper mixture is formed.
6. Pour the water from the meat and allow the whole mixture to boil for some minutes.
7. Add pepper, Maggi cube, salt, etc and allow to boil yet again.
8. Lastly. Pour in your vegetables and stir.

9. Allow the vegetables to simmer.

10. Enjoy your tastefully prepared egusi soup.

Wao!

That's nice!

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
Acidosis:

4 cups of egusi seed?
As in eh.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Deji63: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
I love egusi soup. Pretty bad my wife isn't into it. So we don't get to eat it that much at home.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Soulsymbol99: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
I prefer egusi with vegetable to bitter leaf cool
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by moshino(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
clive2u:
The simplest way to cook a sweet egusi soup is to call my mother. She is the best

Then drop her number here.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by blesoh(f): 5:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Kissup:
Egusi don cost joor.i stopped eating egusi since it became 200 naira for milk cup
Last week I bought 2cups for 700, it will take a long time before I ask the price of egusi.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Kissup(f): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
It's scary
blesoh:

Last week I bought 2cups for 700, it will take a long time before I ask the price of egusi.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by chulo132(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
Grupo:

2. Pour my ground egusi into a bowl. Add a little water and form the egusi into a paste.
6. Pour the water from the meat and allow the whole mixture to boil for some minutes.

Now that is how it’s done!

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Grupo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
chulo132:

Na xo bro. Enjoy
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by hometruth: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hi guys, please can any 'you help? I'm novice to all of these y'all talking about but I'm following the gist and catching some fun. So ...please.... this egwisi stuff....is it some kinda paste or butter stuff
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by usibengate(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
cheesy
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by 2shure: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
banga soup
black soup
santsna
pounded yam
grpundnut soup
well melon soup
mat ice
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Slimsly100(f): 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Kissup:
Egusi don cost joor.i stopped eating egusi since it became 200 naira for milk cup

My dear egusi son dear now o. For my area now a cup na 300. But if e like make e be 5H, I ho still chow am like DAT cos I love am
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Slimsly100(f): 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
chulo132:

Yeah, ur right but I don't fry my soups, especially egusi, and also I don't let my ugu simmer, I put it into the soup, turn it, and bring down my pot from the fire. The heat will do the remaining work on the leaves. That way the leaves retain their nutrient
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Slimsly100(f): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Acidosis:

4 cups of egusi seed?

I wonder how many people wan chop am o
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by aariwa(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
How to cook egusi soup(melon soup)

Egusi soup is one of the easiest and simple soup you can make within 45 minutes or more.
Egusi soup is also known as melon soup as melon seeds are used to make the egusi soup.
Now there is something unique about egusi soup, I bet most of you do feel the same way about it.
I tend to eat more fufu when I am eating it with egusi soup than other soup.I don't know if you guys experience this as well.
Now there are different methods which people use to cook egusi soup but this is my own preference on how to cook egusi soup so make sure you learn from this if don't know how to cook it.

Ingredients.

4 cups of egusi seed

3 cooking spoon of red palm oil

Stock fish or cow meat

Two tablespoon of crayfish

Ugu leaves (N100 ugu leave will do)

Salt and pepper and

3 stock cube.

Things you should get ready before you start cooking the egusi soup.

Grind the melon seeds and keep aside.

If you would use stock fish then you will have to wash it properly with hot water and leave it in the hot water to get soft to be able to be broken with hands.But if you are using cow meat then you will have wash the meat properly and if not cut in to pieces, then cut it yourself into small pieces and then cook it first by putting it in a pot, add water to it and also add a little salt and pepper.
Let it cook for about 20 to 30 minutes then turn off the cooker (gas or stove).

Next is to cut the ugu leaves into smaller pieces.

Now you are all set to start cooking the egusi soup.

How to cook the egusi soup

Now put the meat in a different pot or plate and then the water from the meat should be put back on the cooker, then add the grounded egusi to the pot and stir and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes.
Keep checking on it while it's cooking, if the water from the meat isn't enough then add a little water till the texture is ok.

After about 15 minutes, you will now add the red palm oil to the cooking pot, atleast 3-4cooking spoon of the red palm oil will be ok and if not ok yet add a little more and stir.

After about 5 minutes of adding the
Red palm oil, add the cooked meat and the ugu leaves which you've cut into pieces to the pot and stir.

Then lastly, 2 minutes after adding the ugu leaves,add your stock cubes, pepper and little salt to the cooking pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes then turn off the cooker.
And that is for how to cook egusi soup.Hope you enjoyed and learnt how to make egusi soup.

Now help tag dj cuppy to come learn how to cook egusi asap..lol.

Source- http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/how-to-cook-egusi-soup/
kudos
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by clive2u(m): 9:05am On Jun 22, 2018
moshino:

Then drop her number here.
0068434118 diamond bank
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by moshino(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2018
clive2u:
0068434118 diamond bank

Haba, women n Moni? They take am swear for una!
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Timagex(m): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
I die here grin wink cheesy. But, op, wat if I cook with these steps and the tin no sweet nko? undecided angry
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Nancy1986: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
niqqaclaimz:
How to cook egusi soup(melon soup)

Egusi soup is one of the easiest and simple soup you can make within 45 minutes or more.
Egusi soup is also known as melon soup as melon seeds are used to make the egusi soup.
Now there is something unique about egusi soup, I bet most of you do feel the same way about it.
I tend to eat more fufu when I am eating it with egusi soup than other soup.I don't know if you guys experience this as well.
Now there are different methods which people use to cook egusi soup but this is my own preference on how to cook egusi soup so make sure you learn from this if don't know how to cook it.

Ingredients.

4 cups of egusi seed

3 cooking spoon of red palm oil

Stock fish or cow meat

Two tablespoon of crayfish

Ugu leaves (N100 ugu leave will do)

Salt and pepper and

3 stock cube.

Things you should get ready before you start cooking the egusi soup.

Grind the melon seeds and keep aside.

If you would use stock fish then you will have to wash it properly with hot water and leave it in the hot water to get soft to be able to be broken with hands.But if you are using cow meat then you will have wash the meat properly and if not cut in to pieces, then cut it yourself into small pieces and then cook it first by putting it in a pot, add water to it and also add a little salt and pepper.
Let it cook for about 20 to 30 minutes then turn off the cooker (gas or stove).

Next is to cut the ugu leaves into smaller pieces.

Now you are all set to start cooking the egusi soup.

How to cook the egusi soup

Now put the meat in a different pot or plate and then the water from the meat should be put back on the cooker, then add the grounded egusi to the pot and stir and allow it to cook for about 15 minutes.
Keep checking on it while it's cooking, if the water from the meat isn't enough then add a little water till the texture is ok.

After about 15 minutes, you will now add the red palm oil to the cooking pot, atleast 3-4cooking spoon of the red palm oil will be ok and if not ok yet add a little more and stir.

After about 5 minutes of adding the
Red palm oil, add the cooked meat and the ugu leaves which you've cut into pieces to the pot and stir.

Then lastly, 2 minutes after adding the ugu leaves,add your stock cubes, pepper and little salt to the cooking pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes then turn off the cooker.
And that is for how to cook egusi soup.Hope you enjoyed and learnt how to make egusi soup.

Now help tag dj cuppy to come learn how to cook egusi asap..lol.

Source- http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/how-to-cook-egusi-soup/
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Collins4444: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
Egusi is very much available for SALE, both peeled and unpeeled. Big bag of peeled Egusi is #66,000 including transportation. big bag of unpeeled is #53,000 including transportation. Discount is available. call 08164195788 for more information and supply. NOTE: if you buy 3 bags and above, you get a massive discount.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Nedlog01(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by imoh4king(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Collins4444:
Egusi is very much available for SALE, both peeled and unpeeled. Big bag of peeled Egusi is #66,000 including transportation. big bag of unpeeled is #53,000 including transportation. Discount is available. call 08164195788 for more information and supply. NOTE: if you buy 3 bags and above, you get a massive discount.

Chai!! Ibo people...una no dey slack.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by bio118(f): 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Wholesales Sun dried Ijebu Ponmo,
Orobo (small) size 1300 For 50 pieces, 650 for 25 pieces
Lagata(Medium) 3200 for 50 Pieces, 1600 for 25 pieces
Bajaj ( Large) Size 5400 for 50 pieces , 2700 for 25 pieces
Honda (Extra Large) 9500 for 50 pieces, 4750 for 25 pieces)
Call or WhatsApp 07032075655. Payment on delivery within lbadan

Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Raymagnate(m): 2:58am On Jul 18, 2020
I really love this soup so much...I've been in the UK for over 8 months without Egusi soup. I had to forced myself to prepare one, even though I wouldn't get a good leaf for it.

Check out the video.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVqOuSo49k
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Collins4444: 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Anyone interested in buying peeled and unpeeled Egusi at affordable prices should contact 08164195788. And other food items are available.
currently we selling a big bag of machine peel for #47,000, hurry and make your orders.
FOR MORE INQUIRIES CALL 08164195788.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Collins4444: 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Anyone interested in buying peeled and unpeeled Egusi at affordable prices should contact 08164195788. And other food items are available.
currently we selling a big bag of machine peel for #47,000, hurry and make your orders.
FOR MORE INQUIRIES CALL 08164195788.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Vecto(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2021
Grupo:

Bro i liked and shared this comment of yours because i found it really helpful. The egusi make sense no be lie. grin
Please can you give a similar easy step by step guide on how to prepare stew? Just like the way you outlined this one. I'm a student and I'm trying to economize resources. smiley
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Grupo(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2021
Vecto:

Bro i liked and shared this comment of yours because i found it really helpful. The egusi make sense no be lie. grin
Please can you give a similar easy step by step guide on how to prepare stew? Just like the way you outlined this one. I'm a student and I'm trying to economize resources. smiley

Wow. I'm happy you found the comment helpful.

I'll do the one for stew later in the day.
Re: Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup by Vecto(m): 10:22am On Aug 19, 2021
Grupo:

Wow. I'm happy you found the comment helpful.
I'll do the one for stew later in the day.
Thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ichapi Peter: Man Who Delivers Food To Workers With Okada In Makurdi / Would You Have This For Lunch? / 10 Delicious Foods That Were Invented By Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.