Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? (17335 Views)

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner / When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by samlake(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
It's even the prayers of some coy to quote less this days...just maintain your standard no matter what.Meanwhile, install and maintain cctv.check my signature
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by mikaj(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
So I get a job with an organization and on the offer letter I see roughly 137k as salary. Mind you i was getting roughly 143k in my previous job.

Summary of the story is I accepted the job and I will tell you the 137k salary is scam. I earn roughly btw 400 and 450k.

Significance of my experience: Do your homework and sometimes everything works out for the best
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
mikaj:

Is there still vacancy in your place of work?
The kind of money am seeing you guys collect is already making me shed tears..Biko I ask again, is there still vacancy? am tired of searching cry

So I get a job with an organization and on the offer letter I see roughly 137k as salary. Mind you i was getting roughly 143k in my previous job.

Summary of the story is I accepted the job and I will tell you the 137k salary is scam. I earn roughly btw 400 and 450k.

Significance of my experience: Do your homework and sometimes everything works out for the best
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by Fraih(f): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
They should have their standard pay for that particular position...
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by mikaj(m): 11:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
[quote author=Manaria15 post=68669785][/quote]

smiley Unfortunately Ms I wouldn’t be aware if the organization is employing at the moment as I am really ever in the office/ check the job subscriptions

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by Mac2016(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2018
gbagyiza:
Dont worry, u r on point..If they r truly impressed with your performance, they will pay u a salary according to their scale in the organization..my present place of work asked me the same question n i told them my salary expectation should be according to their salary scale but i was asked to tell them what i currently earn which was 125k. And when i finally collected my appointment letter, i discovered my salary to be 500k.

This your account, ehn, seems fictitious. Do you know why?

I doubt if a reasonable HR would go from N125k to N500k just at a go unless it is a miracle or you have added indispensable experience & academic or professional certs that your earlier company did not factor in.

Anyways, wish you best of luck!
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by iamjames2222: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2018
opsyswagger:
The one sef wey I went for yesterday the man have already told us 60k.. only for us to be invited for the final stage telling us. That is going to pay 15k for trial for 15 days after the trial if we are sucessful. He will pay 35k everymonth.. na so. I look the man I tell am say I go get back to am.. stupid man....... rubbish....

Are you sure its not ANAEBO GLOBAL SERVICES?
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by opsyswagger(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Not anaego global service.. the company name is on nairaland na one stupidd company they no get office like that..
iamjames2222:

Are you sure its not ANAEBO GLOBAL SERVICES?
Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
[Alright...Mrs tho]

smiley Unfortunately Ms I wouldn’t be aware if the organization is employing at the moment as I am really ever in the office/ check the job subscriptions [/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? by Afrocentric: 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
gbagyiza:
Dont worry, u r on point..If they r truly impressed with your performance, they will pay u a salary according to their scale in the organization..my present place of work asked me the same question n i told them my salary expectation should be according to their salary scale but i was asked to tell them what i currently earn which was 125k. And when i finally collected my appointment letter, i discovered my salary to be 500k.
lies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? / She Sacked Me because Am A Lesbian / Realities Of Retirement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.