Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,070 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone (30817 Views)

10-Year-Old Italian Girl Accidentally Kills Herself By Trying Tiktok Challenge / 6 Ways You Are Unintentionally Destroying Your Smartphone / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Slimsly100(f): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2018
Hmmm!! lipsrsealed I'm just waka passing
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by safetyInspector(m): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2018
I have been doing that for years. It depends on the type of phone you are using. I have Nokia Z that I use for alarm, it stays on charge 2:4:7 and 7 days a week with no record of over heating.
SeniorZato:

Ok just countinue doing so sir
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by etibaba(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2018
Somethings are meant to be itemized, i cant read that shit.
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Constie(f): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2018
Wow... Very cool tips smiley

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Favourobyno27(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2018
The tips goes for people using techno or infinite mobile phone, cos those phones nah gbese undecided
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by kingchris30(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2018
nice write up but after everything, the phone will still spoil

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Jamesssng(f): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2018
Benz4pimp:
OP,please where did you get your certification from?or you feel once you own a phone or blog,you know about gadgets?abeg Park for brt lane.....What you don’t know is bigger than you....Research states that leaving your PC on prolongs the life of the components on its motherboard......same with your tv,laptops and phones......Most of you will just type trash just for likes......or you think it is rocket science that tv being used in the Uk or US for 10-12 years where electricity is stable suddenly develops a fault after 6 months of on and off here!!!
Thanks
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Jamesssng(f): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Why should I want to switch off my phone?? OP take ur time oo.. I can bet my left ballz that OP doesnst switch off his phone every day.

I do, even now grin
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Manuella4ace: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2018
lonelydora:

Be prepared to get a new phone

I do leave my phone to over charge, there's a difference between a phone and a smart phone, I use a Lenovo Vibe P1 and it's 3 years now the battery is still superb.
I noticed when my phone gets to hundred percent the phone will just block off excess charge.
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by jibs4lv(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2018
Charging over night is my style , make any phone wey wan spoil , spoil jare angry

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by JustCallMeTimmy(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2018
Olalan:
Majority are guilty of leaving their phone plugged in courtesy of PHCN unreliability

[color=#990000][/color] I'm SO guilty grin grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Ejadike(m): 10:49am On Jun 21, 2018
Wow.... Nice

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Ejadike(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2018
jibs4lv:
Charging over night is my style , make any phone wey wan spoil , spoil jare angry
lol.. I de tell you
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Ejadike(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Yomisky:
DOES POWERBANK DAMAGE BATTERY?
yes na...
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by melodyogonna(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2018
The Having your phone on 24/7 is not true for android sha, android runs a Linux kernel.
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Psoul(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Dranoid:

He said overheat not weaken battery life

Ur phone cannot overheat due to leaving it plugged in after reaching 100%.

It was not called smartphone for fun. Once it reaches 100%, the phone communicates to the charger and the current supply will stop. This is why u need to use original charger.
The only effect of leaving ur device connected long after fully charged may be the risk of overworking ur charger. This may weaken the performance of the charger or may even get burnt.
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Dranoid: 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Psoul:

Ur phone cannot overheat due to leaving it plugged in after reaching 100%.

It was not called smartphone for fun. Once it reaches 100%, the phone communicates to the charger and the current supply will stop. This is why u need to use original charger.
The only effect of leaving ur device connected long after fully charged may be the risk of overworking ur charger. This may weaken the performance of the charger or may even get burnt.

Ohh, thanks, I never knew
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Bimpe29: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
This is very nice tips to make our phones be in a good conditions and last longer.

1 Like

Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Psoul(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Dranoid:

Ohh, thanks, I never knew

Welcome. Now u know grin grin
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Eju2018(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Too much information dey spoil brain. Verify before posting. Many of us here are not olodo.
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by peculiar111(f): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
Dranoid:
He said overheat not weaken battery life
okkkk ....noted
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Nafizzey(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2018
Jamesssng:

Source
http://punchng.com/nine-ways-youre-accidentally-damaging-your-smartphone/amp/
I tried to install applications on my newly bought techno F2 was alerted that am about to install an applications from an unknown source..That I must untick install App from unknown source before I can install such App..
Now my question will installing such app have any effect on my newly bought techno? From experience users.
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Jamesssng(f): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2018
Nafizzey:
I tried to install applications on my newly bought techno F2 was alerted that am about to install an applications from an unknown source..That I must untick install App from unknown source before I can install such App..
Now my question will installing such app have any effect on my newly bought techno? From experience users.

There is a 20% chance it will. It's risky though
Re: 9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone by Nafizzey(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
Jamesssng:

There is a 20% chance it will. It's risky though
Advisable should I install or what's ur suggestion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Announce The Hot 12i: Price And Specifications / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. / Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.