Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) (62557 Views)

Largest Steel Factory Set For Commission In Kaduna Early Next Year-photo / They’ve Been Building This Steel Factory For 40 Years And It Has Produced NOTHIN / Ajaokuta Steel Factory Gears Up To Start Production. After 40 Years - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by FriendNG: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2018

Nigeria's largest steel plant will finally start production, four decades after it was built.

The Ajaokuta mill has cost the country more than $8bn, but has never produced any steel.

It is hoped that getting the facility off the ground will save Nigeria billions of dollars in steel imports.

Built on a 24,000 hectares (59,000 acres) site in 1979 with the coke oven and byproducts plant larger than all the refineries in Nigeria combined is reported to finally start production, four decades after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqVyWiYdKQA

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/06/nigeria-steel-factory-open-40-years-180616102446497.html

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by FriendNG: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
More

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by FriendNG: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
More pics

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by FriendNG: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
Flash: April 1985 Head of state Muhammadu Buhari commissioned the 110 Megawatt Thermal Power Plant & Road bride connecting Ajaokuta to the Eastern of Kogi State.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by buhariguy(m): 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
But the legislootors want to be an obstacle to the progress.
Paperwhite:
This will be a commendable development of the APC government if Ajaokuta can not only roar back to life but recommended steel production.
This project have been a haven of monumental corruption all along.
you are now reasoning like human being .

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Paperwhite(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
This will be a commendable development of the APC government if Ajaokuta can not only roar back to life but recommended steel production.
This project have been a haven of monumental corruption all along.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by agwom(m): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
I hope this is not another APC propaganda? Just the way you guys "started" Ogoni clean up since August 2015 yet NOTHING has been done 3 years after...

247 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by yemmight(m): 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2018
Me I know Buhari really mean well for the nation if not for the likes of Saraki and co.

215 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by godfatherx: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
If Tons of steel starts rolling out of that factory before 2019 elections, I will change my mind and vote for Buhari.

Hope this is not another Lai Mohammed project.

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by musa234(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
Time will tell if this is true, baba will get my respect if really he can bring this steel back to life

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by CSTR1003: 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
The technology there is obsolete.

I hope they improve on them and get that shitt running again churning out millions of tons of steel.

I am not optimistic about it though. I have zero confidence in the buhari administration.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Ovamboland(m): 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
FriendNG:
Flash: April 1985 Head of state Muhammadu Buhari commissioned the 110 Megawatt Thermal Power Plant & Road bride connecting Ajaokuta to the Eastern of Kogi State.

I thought they said he did not commission any project when he was head of state?

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by FriendNG: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ovamboland:

I thought they said he did not commission any project when he was head of state?

You dey mind the haters. They must have something to wail about.

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by diebuhari1: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Why not wait till it starts production?
Only a Yoruba muslim will take this rubbish you wrote seriously.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Okoroawusa: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
godfatherx:
If Tons of steel starts rolling out of that factory before 2019 elections, I will change my mind and vote for Buhari.

Hope this is not another Lai Mohammed project.
You are among the people that think that Buhari is a magician

Keep your votes. Buhari doesn't need it to win 2019 election

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by mankand(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
False story, nothing of such is happening. Follow Natasha Akpoti in Facebook and twitter to see for yourself that it's all propaganda. I wonder why the regime come so low q by playing politics on this

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by gssdobi: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
Those whose livelihood depend on the corruption associated with Ajeokuta steel won't like this. They will find a way to make this project futile. The sad part is that, They will use politics, hatred for Buhari and religion as their weapons of war fare , while the youths whose future is at stake hail them. Sad Fact! �

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by wonuks(m): 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Wawu! This is working. Bubu just stop herdsmen killing, boko haram, Police harassing innocent citizens, revive economy so the masses feel it and we'll vote you again.

Still looking for a beautiful and mobile friendly website design for your business or organization? No advanced payments required. Check my signature. Only serious people please*

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by seunny4lif(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
AJ don collect bribe.

Who still dey believe AJ
2019 election on the way and APC wan tell us Story
It's story telling time

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by CodeTemplar: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Propaganda news ?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by rentAcock(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
This is fantastic news. Steel prices are on the rise as Trump wages a trade war with China. Cost of labor is also creeping up in china, its only a matter of time before minimum wage in China will be close to that of America and where do you think all these manufacturing companies will relocate to? Beautiful mama Africa, the origination of man, the dawn of civilization and the next frontier. Good job by everyone who made this possible; for a country that produces steel creates industries.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Gangster1ms: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Up buhari grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by joelfm(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
President Buhari, we that voted for you in 2015 knew what we Voted for. Indeed, you have not disappointed me personally and many Nigerians. We are ready, come 2019, to Vote you again.

God Bless Me
God Bless Kayode Fayemi(JKF)
God Bless MMSD
God Bless APC
God Bless PMB
God Bless FRN

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by davillian(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Make Una sha keep money for maintainance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Opinionated: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by oluwasegun007(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
Somebody has feed AJ with LAI supplement..

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by BruncleZuma: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Who manufactures these lies for international consumption...

Unfortunately you're not smart enough to read what exactly has been plaguing that "nepostism manufactured" plant...please educate yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Olalan(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good development

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by MONITZ: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
yemmight:
Me I know Buhari really mean well for the nation if not for the likes of Saraki and co.

Ekpa leleyi sha!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Sunmolar(m): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
FriendNG:
national scrap, back to life?
praise God.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire razes David Mark’s residence in Benue / See The Controversial Front Page Of Sun Newspaper That Got Nigerians Talking / El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.