Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) (62547 Views)

Largest Steel Factory Set For Commission In Kaduna Early Next Year-photo / They’ve Been Building This Steel Factory For 40 Years And It Has Produced NOTHIN / Ajaokuta Steel Factory Gears Up To Start Production. After 40 Years - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by BruncleZuma: 9:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Your MSc thesis is worth nothing if you can't understand the essence of this article.

Go and read it VERY SLOWLY and you would see how laughable all your comments on it have been

Al-Jazeera is showing how a 40-year old white elephant project is being actualized and here you are grunting and huffing.

Just give the phone to someone who can translate

Al Jazeera that messed up something as little as countries that voted for Jerusalem and Isreal's capital...SMH abeg go sleep. My last reply to you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by ezugegere(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
If Buhari did not stop this project when he overthrew Shagari, we won't be reading this knews today. But the idiot from Duara stopped the project in the name of probing Shagari's administration and sent the Russian engineers back home. Fooooool!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by MartinCorridon: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
BruncleZuma:

Al Jazeera that messed up something as little as countries that voted for Jerusalem and Isreal's capital...SMH abeg go sleep. My last reply to you.

;D ....not the sharpest tool in the.... grin.

Just be a man and own up to that initial dumb comment. Don't make it seem i wrote it and take the Nairaland likes to the bank for pretending i did grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
CSTR1003:
The technology there is obsolete.

I hope they improve on them and get that shitt running again churning out millions of tons of steel.

I am not optimistic about it though. I have zero confidence in the buhari administration.

Like you girl, who has zero confidence in your epileptic erection. tongue
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7293519_dkovflexoaeryd2_jpegbb9648cacf31d86c8de2b7632750471f

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Googleus(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
It's all propaganda.. There is nothing as such.. I reside in One of the estate in Ajaokuta, everything is dormant.. Even GEREGU power station supplying Ajaokuta and environmental is operating below capacity due to technical hitches.. Even Buhari publicly claims there is no money to resuscitate the steel company its only the legislators that are putting efforts to raise 1b dollars as a kick off...

Don't be deceived, the only money budgeted for the company is the rail road from Ajaokuta to South..

Ajaokuta has bn bough against next yr election.. This is the hand work of kogi state governor and Buhari hunch men..

Follow Nathacha Apoti, on Facebook for comprehensive details and developments.. She is the only person who has the interest of the steel mill at heart

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Fash20: 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
mankand:
False story, nothing of such is happening. Follow Natasha Akpoti in Facebook and twitter to see for yourself that it's all propaganda. I wonder why the regime come so low q by playing politics on this
NATASHA AKPOTI KOOR NATASHA BENCH NI.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by asawanathegreat(m): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bubu is working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by shekauvsbuhari: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
buhariguy:
But the legislootors want to be an obstacle to the progress. you are now reasoning like human being .
when will u guys stop all these falsehood n propaganda? Fayemi n apc govt had alteady concluded to give ajaokuta for concessioning to a foreign company b4 the reps waded in n stopped them. Why did de reps pass a vote of no confidence on fayemi? Was it not bcs of ajaokuta when he boycoted de hearing meant to stop de indirect sale of ajaokuta? If any organ of govt is to be praised for ajaokuta, it is de reps.apc exco govt said no money to go ahead. And BTW production has not started yet and may not start soon. A lot are being sorted out yet, especialy funding n de foreign partner to engage. Whether to go back to de original builder, de russians or not. PRODUCTION IS NOT STARTING VERY SOON. THIS IS APC PROPAGANDA. and when it eventualy does, thank de house of reps that took de bull by de horn. Buhari is indifferent so to say about ajaokuta.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
BUBU DON DEY PERFORM WONDERS OOO

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Nike6: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
mankand:
False story, nothing of such is happening. Follow Natasha Akpoti in Facebook and twitter to see for yourself that it's all propaganda. I wonder why the regime come so low q by playing politics on this
Al-jazeera covered it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by maisauki: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
another fact that Buhari is an achiever

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by laffwitmi: 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
You have my vote already,i changed my mind...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by bankylan: 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
yemmight:
Me I know Buhari really mean well for the nation if not for the likes of Saraki and co.

Same Ajaokuta steel that it's representatives were in the Senate some weeks back asking for some millions of dollars before the place can come to life......And the money hasn't be released o. Another propaganda by a deceptive govt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by D7thSage(m): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Behold the latest scam of the BMC. They make a paid video on Al Jazeera and expect to run with the narratives.

So, it follows that for Ajaokuta to work, we MUST have three key critical paths

1, National Iron Ore Minning Company (NIOMCO) must be functional

2, Itakpe to Ajaokuta Railway line must be functional

3, Blast Furnace operational

All three are not functional at the moment, so its clear Nigeria cannot make steel in Ajaokuta.

Nothing however stops a corrupt government official from importing billets and running them in the rolling mills to deceive tax payers.

So, when anyone tells you Ajaokuta will soon work ask them, can the steel plant work without NIOMCO, railways and a blast furnace?

Copied

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
If this comes to reality, all ex leaders that superintendended over this massive heist of our nation's resources should refund their salaries and allowances and be thrown into jail. If Buhari could crank the engines of this steel plant,that alone would make him have my vote.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by breakeven: 9:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
wonuks:
Wawu! This is working. Bubu just stop herdsmen killing, boko haram, Police harassing innocent citizens, revive economy so the masses feel it and we'll vote you again.

Still looking for a beautiful and mobile friendly website design for your business or organization? No advanced payments required. Check my signature. Only serious people please*
He cannot stop herdsmen killing because that is his primary assignment.jihad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by siraj1402(m): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
diebuhari1:
Why not wait till it starts production?
Only a Yoruba muslim will take this rubbish you wrote seriously.
I discovered two major problems are in your life. Yoruba and Muslims. May their progress always give you a lot of headache.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by felix10(m): 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
Has started work or will soon start work.Which one do we believe now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Organs(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
ezugegere:
If Buhari did not stop this project when he overthrew Shagari, we won't be reading this knews today. But the idiot from Duara stopped the project in the name of probing Shagari's administration and sent the Russian engineers back home. Fooooool!

Bros, dem take lie-lie born una? Why must you and all IPOB lie all the time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by maxzzo1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
I js don't believe for point of correction plant has worked b4....
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by colossus91(m): 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
does that make buhari mn of steel
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
They are some people no matter how hard you try to present yourself or make things work they will never see anything good because all they know is negativity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
The factory will certainly go the way of Nigerian airways,NITEL,NEPA & NNPC
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by NwaliE01: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
what I see there is machining operation on a lathe machine. It is not steel production at all.
Enough of all this deceptions here and there.
Let's wait until Niger steel roll out at least a steel of rod.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by alfonso36(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
godfatherx:
If Tons of steel starts rolling out of that factory before 2019 elections, I will change my mind and vote for Buhari.

Hope this is not another Lai Mohammed project.
I'm from kogi state and i can confirm this... Ajaokuta has suddenly come back to life with other companies opening up also.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Watch as Reno Omokri give credit for this to GEJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Jaqenhghar: 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:
They are some people no matter how hard you try to present yourself or make things work they will never see anything good because all they know is negativity.
Thats because there is nothing positive to celebrate. Name one positive thnbg in this shithole. Just one thing that works
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by olaade21: 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
siraj1402:
I discovered two major problems are in your life. Yoruba and Muslims. May their progress always give you a lot of headache.

Ameen, well said.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by lakesidetsnl(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
From what I saw in the video, the plant is ready for operation. But is a pity that those am seeing there can't run the plant.Government should just come down to Ikorodu Lagos and pack experience workers that have been trained by Indians for decades in companies like African steel,sunflag,Topsteel,pulkit,landcraft, Monac e.t.c. If this advice can b put into consideration, the Ajaokuta steel plant will produce for sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
Why do they wait for end of their tenure before doing what they suppose to do at the first year. We shouldn't fall for this, Nigerian shouldn't be gullible.
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by hunter21(m): 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
alfonso36:
I'm from kogi state and i can confirm this... Ajaokuta has suddenly come back to life with other companies opening up also.
what about the trains, are they working?
Re: Nigeria Steel Factory Back To Life After 40 Years - Aljazeera (Pics + video) by Ganamustgo(m): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
diebuhari1:
Why not wait till it starts production? Only a Yoruba muslim will take this rubbish you wrote seriously.

To slap you dey hungry me. Olori gbeske.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Epic Reply This Guy Gave Osinbajo On Twitter / Fire razes David Mark’s residence in Benue / El-rufai To Suleiman: Mention The Day I Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.