Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Sex For Marks Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sex For Marks Rape (293 Views)

Auchi Poly Sanctions 27 Lecturers Over Sex-for-marks Saga / 'I Am Guilty' - OAU S*x-for-marks Lecturer Admits, Changes Plea / OAU Professor Dismissed For Demanding "Sex For Marks", Lands In Fresh Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex For Marks Rape by aribisala0(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
First of all what does the law say in NIgeriaa?

Chapter 30

Assaults on Females: Abduction

CRIMINAL CODE

357. Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, [b]if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, [/b]or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape.

I would like to relate this section to situations where women are coerced to have sex

1) For marks in schools i.e to enhance their marks
2) For marks in schools with the added threat of being "failed" no matter how they perform
3) For employment
4) already employed with threat of sack if uncooperative
5) All other situations where consent is obtained y intimidation

I bring this up in the light of news that the OAU sex for marks professor has been sacked.

Would a greater deterrent not be prosecution for rape?

Is prosecution for rape appropriate or an overkill
Re: Sex For Marks Rape by CodeTemplar: 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good topic. I will like to know who is a christian and a Muslim constitutionally if OP doesn't mind. The question has no relationship with the thread.

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirm Killing Of Zamfara District Head By Gunmen / Man Narrate His Ordeal In The Hands Of SARS / Airforce Personnel And 34 Others Arrested For Kidnapping, Robbery And Cultism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.