Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Reason For New "Goatee" Look (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Reason For New "Goatee" Look (Photos) (732 Views)

Ronaldo Reveals Why He's Better Than Messi, Fans React (Photos) / Juventus Star Cristiano Ronaldo In Tears After Red Card Vs Valencia (Photos) / Ronaldo Reveals Why He Is Growing A Goatee Beard During The 2018 World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Reason For New "Goatee" Look (Photos) by GisthoodBlog(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo has finally revealed the reason for his new "Goatee" look at the World Cup.

The Real Madrid Ace has done everything for Portugal so far but its not just his heroics on the pitch that have had everyone talking.

Cristiano Ronaldo netted a stunning Hat-trick against Spain in a 3-3 draw earlier and again scored another crucial goal as Portugal defeated Morocco 1-0 this afternoon.

Against Spain he celebrated his free-kick goal by stroking his beard that had led to speculations he could have been taunting rival Leo Messi.

But despite the claims in the media, Ronaldo has cleared everything up, revealing it was all a joke with team-mate Ricardo Quaresma.

"This goatee? It's a joke I had with [Ricardo] Quaresma,“ Sports Illustrated quote Ronaldo saying.

"We were in the sauna [before Friday's match against Spain] and I started to shave and I left the goatee - I said if I score tomorrow I would leave it for the rest of the tournament.

“And it gave me luck, I scored that game, I scored this one, so it stays."

This Afternoon, Ronaldo became the he all-time leading international goalscorer for a European team with his goal against Morocco moving past Ferenc Puskás to stand alone at 85 goals - behind only Ali Daei's 109 goals for Iran in the all-time international standings.

Asked about his plans to catch Daei's record he said: “I don't care about the records. The most important thing was the win and to stay in a good position.

“​​The opponent was very strong, Morocco played very well, but we got the three points. We have four points now, so we're close to qualifying - that's our objective."

Ronaldo and his "Goatee" look � will take to the field once again on Monday in their final Group B match against Iran.

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/06/portugal-star-cristiano-ronaldo-reveals.html

Re: Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Reason For New "Goatee" Look (Photos) by youngest85(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Greatest goat of all time

Portugal will win this world cup
Re: Portugal Star Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Reason For New "Goatee" Look (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ohnnow I get the reason behind that funny celebration in the first game where he dey rub bear bear wey no dey.. Na goat but not GOAT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gold Game. / Rohr’s 24-man List For Seychelles Clash / Top 10 Bet9ja Sure Predictions Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.