Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Best Modem/plan - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Modem/plan (1954 Views)

Best Modem Right Now / Advice On The Best Modem In Town / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Modem/plan by Knight1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
pls what's the best modem to use especially in places where there's only gprs? cost effectivness top priority
Re: Best Modem/plan by jaysay(m): 1:16am On Jun 07, 2010
zain. although zain is now operating HSDPA/WCDMA which is 3G+ it isn't in all places yet. but with edge technology (gprs) you caan enjoy a steady speeed with your zain.
Re: Best Modem/plan by Philcool(m): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
jaysay:

zain. although zain is now operating HSDPA/WCDMA which is 3G+ it isn't in all places yet. but with edge technology (gprs) you caan enjoy a steady speeed with your zain.
lipsrsealed Jaysay, what about a situation that I face whereby using GPRS signal - MTN as they do not have more than this and the speed is not fine. What do I do to get a little bit better to enhance my browsing/downloading speed (if any) until they fix 3G signal please? Thanks
Re: Best Modem/plan by Knight1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
thanks mehn. know how much it costs?
Re: Best Modem/plan by jaysay(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Philcool; go to the Menu of the dialogue box of your modem, click tools.
then select options,
from options you select netwok. in the network, as you are having a slower connection change to GRPS only/ GSM only.
do
not take WCDMA/HSPDA as the case may be. this will give you browsing with EDGE which is still ok.

@khool; check zain website for the price of their modem. But I have modems for sale that you can use with all four existing GSM networks.
get intouch with me.

Re: Best Modem/plan by infomillionaire: 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2010
The best modem to use is the universal 3g modem, this is because it has the ability to use all gsm networks for internet connectivity.

apart from this it has a 3.6Mbps or sometimes 7.2Mbps download speed which is very fantastic

it operates on hsdpa but if u r in an environment without 3g network it gives u the edge network automatically.

apart from this you can use the zain 3g modem which has a download speed of 7.2Mbps or the mtn fastlink which has a download speed of 3.6Mbps.

each of the above can be unlocked to use any sim card.

further more if you use any of the modem i can also help you around with browsing the internet totally free without paying a dime to the network service operator.

the benefits of this is that

i. you dont pay monthly subscription
ii. it has an incredible download speed
iii. you can chat directly with yahoo messenger on it
iv. you can trade forex with it
v. browsing speed is high especially if you are using a 3g modem

for details on how you can enjoy this service contact me on 08034897371 or vickomnet@gmail.com

note i also sell the 3g modem

stay cool
Re: Best Modem/plan by kfcinfo: 4:49am On Jun 20, 2010
infomillionaire am interested in d universal modem need more info though like download limit,nuthing is ever free for long so what is the average download speed and for how long do i get access to free browsing
Re: Best Modem/plan by greatfuldead: 8:41am On Jun 20, 2010
infomillionaire
how much is the universal modem? which is better unlocking the mtn modem or buying a universal modem? i assume that the unlocked modem can be used to browse fee of charge ?
thanks.
Re: Best Modem/plan by infomillionaire: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2010
@greatfuldead

i advice you to unlock the mtn modem so it could use any network, it is more economical for you

to unlock the modem just contact me on 08034897371

after unlocking the modem you can use it to browse for free, book an appointment to meet me @ my office i could do d installations for you

stay bless
Re: Best Modem/plan by infomillionaire: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2010
@Kfcinfo

hi the universal modem goes for N10,000 it works with all networks and in regards the free browsing i ve being using it for 2years now so that tells you how much cost i have saved myself.

interested in the modem call me on 08034897371 then i can arrange to get it over to you.

stay bless

(1) (Reply)

Website To Check The Ip Address / Q10 Hotspot Connection Issue / Download The Latest Bluestack 2 For Windows With New Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.