Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? (24450 Views)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives / Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by chichi234(f): 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
why does a husband beat his wife.sometimes you wonder:if they were forced 2gether.if they had not slept together,if they never loved themselves.what causes that turning point when a loving husband starts beating his wife?are there signs to see in one's future husband?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by 0hsisi: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2010
People can't hide their true colors that long.
While courting if your man backs you in a corner yelling in your face,makes a fist about to punch ,intimidates you to the point that you have absolutely no voice, it's his way or no way.
He is a potential abuser
If he ever pushes you or punches or slaps you while dating,please run far far away.
he can apologize from here to eternity, don't believe a word,he'll do it again and again.
He's already shown you a sample of things to come.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by jarkbauer: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2010
my cousin beat his wife silly last Saturday and rushed her to hospital.she was discharged today.she coudnt go to work for a whole week.he was too ashamed to her colleagues what happen.it is minor 'accident' .men can be wicked!i wonder you beat an extremely beautiful woman
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by ITgurlie(f): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2010
cold:

This issue has been discussed at length here on several occasions.It's the same as a guy beating up his g/frnd,it is wrong on so many levels but then again there are occassions when a guy/man is justified in his actions.

Pls note,i am not advocating violence,far be it from me,i just tend to look at the bigger picture most times.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why would a man ever lay his hand on a woman, I don't support disrespect but no matter what a real man will never beat his woman angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by 0hsisi: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2010
cold:

This issue has been discussed at length here on several occasions.It's the same as a guy beating up his g/frnd,it is wrong on so many levels but then again there are occassions when a guy/man is justified in his actions.

Pls note,i am not advocating violence,far be it from me,i just tend to look at the bigger picture most times.

@ the poster,I forgot to advice you to listen to the utterances too.
The above is a potential abuser.Choose wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by cold(m): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
0hsisi:

@ the poster,I forgot to advice you to listen to the utterances too.
The above is a potential abuser.Choose wisely.

Haha,it's ok you can say that,to each their own.You say this cuz you continually think inside the box,while i'm the direct opposite.I'm not your 'a man must never raise his hand against a woman under any circumstance' kind of man.& i hav very cogent rzns for my stance.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by MissyB1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
cold:

This act can never be justified. On no account should You raise Your hands against anatha person.  A real man takes the fight under the sheet.
Abuse of all kinds musn't be tolerated, Ladies.

chichi234:

why does a husband beat his wife.sometimes you wonder:if they were forced 2gether.if they had not slept together,if they never loved themselves.what causes that turning point when a loving husband starts beating his wife?are there signs to see in one's future husband?
It's impossible that there were no signs before they settled down.
One party must have thought it didn't matter or things would change.
Women need enlightenment on this issue . . . .Esp. African Women. cool
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by 0hsisi: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
Missy B:

This act can never be justified. On no account should You raise Your hands against anatha person.  A real man takes the fight under the sheet.
Abuse of all kinds musn't be tolerated, Ladies.
One party must have thought it didn't matter or things would change.

Women need enlightenment on this issue . . . .Esp. African Women. cool

Gbam!
That is the lie a woman tells herself
He will change when we marry,he will change if I don't provoke him
He will change when I born him male pikin
ashi ashi
The leopard never changes it's spots
If the woman likes let her born 4 sets of quadruplets
all males
a wicked man without self control is a wicked man without self control.
It will even get worse
The sound of the children making noise is enough to land her 3 hot slaps all in a row.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by adamse(f): 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
is either he is drunk orhe is practicing his boxing skills.shikenah!
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by deniyor: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
It has to do with your upbringing in most cases. For some it's the little insecure man in them that needs to have control and dominate the woman. Society does not help when you see a female senator been beaten in the NASS and nothing is done about it.

As for me, I can not raise my hand against my woman. But I am not your usual 'I will never raise my hand against a woman' kinda guy. For all other women. I have one and only one rule. Do not raise your hand on me. Cos you will never know what hit you. I will give it to you back in full plus interest for good measure.

As for my woman hitting me, she is allowed only on one occassion only. I sleep with her sister. Otherwise I'm moving out of the house.

Note: I do not advocate violence grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by cold(m): 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
This argument is lopsided,has anyone eva met witha violent woman,has a woman eva poured dangerous liquids on your prized suits,slashed your shoes,or smashed the windscreen of ur 2008 Infiniti SL4WD? Or even stood in the door way whilst u were running late for work not minding if u get sacked & insisting u xplain certain issues inspite of incessant pleas to exercise a lil patience & wait for ur returrn? Oh puliz,som women just bring out the beast in a man.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by deniyor: 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
cold:

This argument is lopsided,has anyone eva met witha violent woman,has a woman eva poured dangerous liquids on your prized suits,slashed your shoes,or smashed the windscreen of your 2008 Infiniti SL4WD? Or even stood in the door way whilst u were running late for work not minding if u get sacked & insisting u xplain certain issues inspite of incessant pleas to exercise a lil patience & wait for your returrn? Oh puliz,som women just bring out the beast in a man.

grin grin grin I'm taking it all this happened to you   grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by cold(m): 12:00am On Jun 05, 2010
deniyor:

grin grin grin I'm taking it all this happened to you   grin grin grin grin
grin My broda,some women are more diabolic than satan.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by adamse(f): 12:16am On Jun 05, 2010
cold:

grin My broda,some women are more diabolic than satan.
dosent stil give you a right to raise your hands at them.that is so unmanly.only an animal will do that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2010
Some women are just a pain in the ass. There are a few I'd give one or two punches myself.

If murder was legalized for a day, a woman would be on my list.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by deniyor: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2010
adamse:

dosent stil give you a right to raise your hands at them.that is so unmanly.only an animal will do that

so wetin the guy suppose do? Abi u no see say the woman violent? Me I will run from her but maybe adamse might hv a better option (and there better be no double standards there) angry

cold, all the same u no suppose beat ur woman. Relationship no be by force.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by cold(m): 12:22am On Jun 05, 2010
adamse:

dosent stil give you a right to raise your hands at them.that is so unmanly.only an animal  will do that
My dear what is the difference between verbal abuse & physical abuse?U're not bein honest with urself.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by jarkbauer: 12:23am On Jun 05, 2010
i wont smile at a woman who neglects the care of my children or disrespect my mother or even refuses my bleeping advances .i would beat the hell out of her

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by deniyor: 12:24am On Jun 05, 2010
jarkbauer:

i wont smile at a woman who neglects the care of my children or disrespect my mother or even refuses my bleeping advances .i would beat the hell out of her

Na wao. That is some loving relationship
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by jarkbauer: 12:26am On Jun 05, 2010
michelin89:

Some women are just a pain in the backside. There are a few I'd give one or two punches myself.

why now
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by cold(m): 12:26am On Jun 05, 2010
michelin89:

Some women are just a pain in the backside. There are a few I'd give one or two punches myself.

u must hate Tpia that much  grin
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 05, 2010
jarkbauer:

why now

Some are plain retarded.

cold:

Killing her would be doing her a favour.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by jarkbauer: 12:28am On Jun 05, 2010
cold:

you better be careful cos she might kill you
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by adamse(f): 12:42am On Jun 05, 2010
cold:

?
see what we are talking about? i dont know when guys will start,
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by tunnytox(m): 1:31am On Jun 05, 2010
Most men who beat their wives are suffering from low self esteem or other form of mental illness. They need some treatment fast!
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Osama10(m): 3:14am On Jun 11, 2010
Mental illness shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by axeman85(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
thats cos they are not REAL men at all. i know of 2women who receives regular beating from their partners. and its sad. to some its a sign or showing supremacy and showing who is boss, not knowing they are only exhibting their foolishness and immaturity.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by SkySpirit(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2010
Suspicion
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Lovemee(f): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2010
0hsisi:

Gbam!
That is the lie a woman tells herself
He will change when we marry,he will change if I don't provoke him
He will change when I born him male pikin
ashi ashi
The leopard never changes it's spots
If the woman likes let her born 4 sets of quadruplets
all males
a wicked man without self control is a wicked man without self control.
It will even get worse
The sound of the children making noise is enough to land her 3 hot slaps all in a row.

Good talk my Dear. a lepard truly does not change.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 5:53am On Jun 14, 2010
Missy B:

thats not entirely true. in many instances there werent [b]ANY [/b]initial sign during courtship or early years in the marriage. many develop the habit in the marriage. so abusive signs arent clear caught during courtship as many tend to believe/assume.

youre right though that many women who are "fortunate" enough to see the signs early ignore it under the pretense that "he will probably change after the wedding"
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by johndavid1(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by rubaslipa: 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2010
Amazing that with such a pervasive issue in Naija society, the thread is so quiet. Is it that men are ashamed to comment, or do many of them just think it's not an important topic?

I'm so shocked that even among those few who have replied, the number of people supporting violence, not just men, but even some women! why is Naija society so primitive even when 21st century don enter well well? undecided

Men beat their wives because they have no self-control, and because they can get away with it. Mostly the latter reason. It's depressing. Even men who don't have control over themselves remember not to pick a physical fight with their wife's brother, no matter how he offends them. This is simply because another man will retaliate somehow, someway, and they fear that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Things You Can Relate To If You Have Followed Your Mother To The Market Before / Be Sensitive To Your Wife’s Feelings Too! / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.