Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? (24451 Views)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives / Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by TeeJay6(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2010
@post

Men who beat their wives are animals fit only for the jungle, they are cowards who cant stand up to fellow men,
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by tpiah: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2010
hmm, just seeing this thread.

michelin, your post has been reported and need i remind you you are a real b.astard and need to kill your mama for not raising you right?

ko ni da fun e lailai, omo ale.

cold, you will reap what you sow.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
tpiah:

hmm, just seeing this thread.

michelin, your post has been reported and need i remind you you are a real b.astard and need to kill your mama for not raising you right?

ko ni da fun e lailai, omo ale.

cold, you will reap what you sow.

Whatever!!! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by tpiah: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2010
wife batterers on this thread:

cold and jackbauer

husband batterers on the thread (hope they- ie the husbands- survive)

michelin
[s]
she also thinks she's funny. what a joke[/s]
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by tpiah: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
michelin89:

Whatever!!! tongue tongue tongue

oh, witch, you think its funny, ehn?

aye e ti fo.

let's wait and see what happens to who.

note this day.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
Today is such a beautiful day. . .go and take a walk! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2010
Duh!!!

A man would beat his wife only if he's a violent person and there are so many reasons .

It's either he's hot tempered or he's controlling ot he's just an egoistic maniac who loves being in charge and in control of everything or issue.

Not all men beat their wives though.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by luap: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
Some women are just incompatible in intimate relationships. Many times domestic violence is a generational problem. I have had one close relationship, and it was intense. She was very jealous and would tell me I wanted every women that walked by. We got into it one day, she ended up scratching my arms with her nails. She was begging for a fight and I threw her across the room. She kept egging me on, and I could see in her eyes she was passionate. We broke up and I said never again. She always had problems with men.

My lesson, stay away from crazy biotches. Myself, I moved on and learned to stay away from crazy women.

My friend had sort of the same problem with a hater(lady) She cut his tires up and scratched his car up with her keys. He wanted to beat her, but just broke it off.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2010
I know most women deserve a little bit of beating over here in the U.S. especially the Nigerian women.

The Nigerian women seem to seek defense in the fact that if their husbands beat them up, he would get locked up and charged with battery.

So, they do anything they want, some even go as far as abusing their husbands because they have the law by their side.

Really annoying!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by rubaslipa: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
luap:

Some women are just incompatible in intimate relationships. 
What has that got to do with husbands beating their wives? Plenty of men should never marry. It's no excuse on either side.

luap:

Many times domestic violence is a generational problem. 
True. But for those who have the problem, how does this help?

luap:

I have had one close relationship, and it was intense.  She was very jealous and would tell me I wanted every women that walked by.
Is this an excuse that other men can use? As if some men are not unreasonably jealous.

luap:

We got into it one day, she ended up scratching my arms with her nails.  She was begging for a fight and I threw her across the room.
Very sensible of you. You can't usually compare an attack by a man with violence from a woman. I wish you had mentioned what caused that particular fight though.

luap:

My lesson, stay away from crazy biotches.  Myself, I moved on and learned to stay away from crazy women. 
Crazy women is not the reason for most domestic violence by men. Power and control is.

luap:

My friend had sort of the same problem with a hater(lady) She cut his tires up and scratched his car up with her keys. He wanted to beat her, but just broke it off.
And her reason for doing this was what? Abi you and your friend just meet plenty of crazy women? In any case, how is beating the woman going to solve that situation? It is not really equivalent or proportionate. I don't understand why some guys feel they should beat women as if they are children who have done something bad. your friend made the mature decision.

mama-gee:

I know most women deserve a little bit of beating over here in the U.S. especially the Nigerian women.
"Most women deserve beating". Are you alright?*

mama-gee:

The Nigerian women seem to seek defense in the fact that if their husbands beat them up, he would get locked up and charged with battery.
So what? If you  have to do something back, do something adult. Women are not goats. The reason why they would get locked up is because it's assault. I notice with such men that when another man on the street does them something , they think twice and three times before decking starts. Why should they treat their own wife worse than that? Ah,  I know,  because the woman is weaker. Nothing to do with the seriousness of the offence.

mama-gee:

So, they do anything they want, some even go as far as abusing their husbands because they have the law by their side.

Really annoying!

So in your book, abusing your husband deserves a thrashing. Please see * above. I hope you have that type of husband yourself. Abi you've taken something? You are backward.

Personally, even if a woman attacks me physically, the worst I can do is throw her away from me. More than that is not necessary. Most violent women will then know their limit, and the majority of women are not even violent.

If a woman abuses me, I will simply tell her what she seriously won't want to hear.

I save my fighting for men who step to me.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
ruba_slipa:

"Most women deserve beating". Are you alright?*
So what? If you have to do something back, do something adult. Women are not goats. The reason why they would get locked up is because it's assault. I notice with such men that when another man on the street does them something , they think twice and three times before decking starts. Why should they treat their own wife worse than that? Ah, I know, because the woman is weaker. Nothing to do with the seriousness of the offence.

So in your book, abusing your husband deserves a thrashing. Please see * above. I hope you have that type of husband yourself. Abi you've taken something? You are backward.

Personally, even if a woman attacks me physically, the worst I can do is throw her away from me. More than that is not necessary. Most violent women will then know their limit, and the majority of women are not even violent.

If a woman abuses me, I will simply tell her what she seriously won't want to hear.

I save my fighting for men who step to me.
You have no idea what you're replying about, Nigerian women tend to be disrespectful to their husbands when they go abroad cause of the law.

The law tends to protect them so they become abusive themselves to their husbands.

That's exactly what I'm trying to get across.

Stop yarning Bangladesh!!!
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mukina2: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Stop yarning Bangladesh!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

[color=deeppink]I[b] know most women deserve a little bit of beating over here in the U.S. especially the Nigerian women.[/b]

Mama gee you have finally lost it!

how can you say some women deserve a little bit of beating?

so women are now little kids that needs to be beaten when they misbehave?

so beating is the way to punish a woman(a little child in your opinion) when she misbehaves?

kai, mama gee, i weep for you and your future daughters
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
Once again, someone has a hard time comprehending the English Language. . .

I wonder how most users here created an E-mail account talk less of registering for an account in this forum?
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2010
Women dey beat men. They give slaps and even kick them in their balls.

Fact is no woman should hide under the weak vessel label to be a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Once again, someone has a hard time comprehending the English Language. . .

I wonder how most users here created an E-mail account talk less of registering for an account in this forum?

oh yeah, go ahead and spew all sorts.

in your view because the law is on their side therefore whenever they are disrespectful to their husbands, they deserve a little beating to correct them.

tell me more
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2010
michelin89:

Women dey beat men. They give slaps and even kick them in their balls.

Fact is no woman should hide under the weak vessel label to be a nuisance.

yes, men abuse women (more) and women abuse men

there is no excuse for domestic violence be it man or woman

but i find it very disheartening that a young lady would have the mindset that most women deserve a little beating because of some silly justification. it makes me wonder the kind of thing she would tell her daughter when she finds out she was beaten by her husband for "disrespecting" him
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2010
Even mama-gee would break a chair on a man's head if he hit her even though she disrespected him.

All I am saying is that as we have said a man whould never beat a woman, women shouldn't take advantage of this to be idiots. If he must learn how to control his hands, we as women must learn how to control our tongues.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
with this her mindset? i doubt it. she will probably think she deserved it because she provoked him first

yes, men and women should learn to control their angers. women annoy and provoke, men annoy and provoke

however, there is no justifications for raising on your hands on a person in marriage. there are other ways of resolving conflicts that doesnt involve abuse.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2010
~Sissy~:

oh yeah, go ahead and spew all sorts.

in your view because the law is on their side therefore whenever they are disrespectful to their husbands, they deserve a little beating to correct them.

tell me more
Emmm. . .Yeah, that should bring the issue of "Wife Battering" into more surveillance.

Most Nigerian Women over here tend to beat their husbands and abuse them cause the govt is on their side when it comes to violence.

Let's be real, What kind of man would be patient enough to watch a woman spit on his face and abuse him cause of a sexist law that bans beating a woman up? undecided

To me, that's ridiculous!

michelin89:

Even mama-gee would break a chair on a man's head if he hit her even though she disrespected him.

All I am saying is that as we have said a man whould never beat a woman, women shouldn't take advantage of this to be idiots. If he must learn how to control his hands, we as women must learn how to control our tongues.
Oh well, I wouldn't expect a man to beat me up if I was respectful to him in the first place.

A woman should respect her husband just like the husband should respect his wife.

A woman shouldn't abuse nor beat her husband cause a government views them as the weaker vessel and always there to protect them.

The most annoying part of it all is that most of these women do it intentionally cause they feel they'll get away with it.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2010
Even insulting someone is a form of abuse. There are words that can hurt really bad. . .skin deep.

In cases like that a thousand strokes can't compare to the damage those few words have caused.

Both our tongues and hands are dangerous instruments when they perpetuate violence. I don't see why we should be more severe on one than the other. Both should be discouraged equally because they can equally hurt.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

[color=deeppink]Emmm. . .Yeah, that should bring the issue of "Wife Battering" into more surveillance.

Most Nigerian Women over here tend to beat their husbands and abuse them cause the govt is on their side when it comes to violence.

Let's be real, What kind of man would be patient enough to watch a woman spit on his face and abuse him cause of a sexist law that bans beating a woman up? undecided

like i said there is no excuse for domestic violence be it man or woman. beating never resolves anything
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by rubaslipa: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

You have no idea what you're replying about, Nigerian women tend to be disrespectful to their husbands when they go abroad cause of the law.

It seems as if you have no idea. Are you seriously saying that if a woman says something disrespectful to her husband his best response is to beat her up? I'm sorry for you.

I asked you - is that how your own husband behaves? You've kept silent on that part. Abi u no get husband or boyfriend, so na pure t'eory una dey tok? undecided

You are living in the 1800s, jo.

TWAI! TWAI! *slaps mama-gee forehand-and-return for 'disrespect' - and because she expects it*
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
~Sissy~:

like i said there is no excuse for domestic violence be it man or woman. beating never resolves anything
Oh well, the topic tends to state the issue of violence over the wife.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by skfa1: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama Gee is making some points tho.

Some men are just animal

while some women abroad are just nothing but a pain in the azz.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Oh well, the topic tends to state the issue of violence over the wife.

because they are the ones abused most.

[size=2pt]i see its never going to change
[/size]

beating is not conflict resolution.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2010
And who said it was?
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
"they deserve a little bit of beating" remember?
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mukina2: 12:25am On Jun 15, 2010
all of this men and women saying that women deserve a little beating, when someone seriously beats you up. husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend, i hope you stay put and smile, after all you deserved it.

Beating is  a cowardly act, there are million and one ways of settling disputes, raising your hand against anyone, man/woman makes you a coward.

I know some women have fire in their mouths, they will insult and push  you to the edge, some will go as far as bringing in your parents in it, just so you hit them, but people should learn self control, if someone insults you, wife/gf and you think the only way of getting even or make them shut up and realise what they have done is by beating, it just brings you to their level.
[s]
Women they love attention grin just ignore her she go shape up sharp sharp[/s]

Just the kinda topic you'll find my hot headed feminist ex wife tongue
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 12:46am On Jun 15, 2010
thank you for that mukina2.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 12:55am On Jun 15, 2010
^^What are you thanking her for?

She stated the same thing every user on here has been stating since the beginning of World War 2. grin

Women shouldn't hide under the "Weaker Vessel" theory to abuse and beat their husbands and men shouldn't beat up their wives neither.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 1:02am On Jun 15, 2010
mama-gee:

^^What are you thanking her for?

She stated the same thing every user on here has been stating since the beginning of World War 2. grin

Women shouldn't hide under the "Weaker Vessel" theory to abuse and beat their husbands and men shouldn't beat up their wives neither.

im thanking her because at least she doesnt believe in that your mind boggling line of thought "they deserve a little beating" justification

do you have a problem with me agreeing with what she said?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Things You Can Relate To If You Have Followed Your Mother To The Market Before / Be Sensitive To Your Wife’s Feelings Too! / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.