Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup (34813 Views)

Messi Overtakes Ronaldo As Footballer With Most Guinness World Records / Divine Oduduru Becomes Second Fastest African, Sets New Nigerian Record / Paul Onuachu Scores Second Fastest Goal In International Football History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
Colombian midfielder Carlos Sancez has become the first footballer to be shown the second-fastest red card in World Cup history.

The former Aston Villa player was sent off just three minutes into Colombia's clash against Japan on Tuesday, June 19.

The 32-year old blocked a goal-bound shot from former Manchester United star, Shinji Kagawa, with his right arm inside the box leading to his punishment by referee Damir Skomina.

The marching orders to one of their key players left Colombia devastated even as they went on to lose their opening Group H match against the Asian nation.

Jose Pekerman's side was defeated 2-1, with Kagawa opening the scoring for Japan from the penalty spot prior to Sanchez's red card.

Juan Quintero restored parity for Colombia in the 39th minute, with Yuya Osako making it 2-1 for Japan in the 73rd minute.

Despite Japan's stunning win against one of the strongest footballing nation, Sanchez's red card took centre stage of the tie's debate.

The Espanyol defensive midfielder wrote history as he received the second-quickest red card in World Cup history.

The red card is second after Jose Batista's in 1986 World Cup while in action for Uruguay.

The defender was red-carded after just 54 seconds during his country's group stage clash against Scotland after a horrible attack on Gordon Strachan.

Be that as it may, Sanchez's red is fascinatingly one of the longest a World Cup tournament has gone without one in a single campaign.
Senegal defeated Poland in the other Group H match by 2-1.

Thiago Cionek deflected home an Idrissa Gueye's shot to put the West Africans ahead in the first half while Mbaye Niang added the second after he capitalized on a defensive blunder.

Grzegorz Krychowiak pulled one back for the Robert Lewandowski's captained side but it was not enough as Senegal held on for the victory.

www.footballflaver..com/2018/06/sanchez-becomes-footballer-with-second.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2018
FTC grin

Negative History!! cry

I reject every form of negative history in my live and ministry in the name of Jesus...AMEN
Thank You Jesus for the Awswer!!!

Check my signature.

21 Likes

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by psychologist(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ronaldo's GOAT = Good only at tapin
Messi's GOAT = greatest of all time

Argue with Lai Mohammed

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Danelo(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
At least he's in the news.
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by devigblegble: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
I had a dream that Argentina lost to Croatia and Nigeria beat Iceland mercilessly

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Kellz193: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
And so?? Are we in Colombia?? Mtcheww
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
grin
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Organizer111222(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
First second fastest... I don’t understand
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by engrjacuzzi: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
there's still something missing in this World Cup.... VAR has really been of help., if not we are yet to see a clear goal been disallowed.
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Kingzd: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
This is a good record o
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by lanog317: 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
Painful but deservedly .
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by zombieHUNTER: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Kingzd:
This is a good record o

You dey watch football so?
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Arsenalholic(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
devigblegble:
I had a dream that Argentina lost to Croatia and Nigeria beat Iceland mercilessly
I want Argentina to RAPE Croatia.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by lexyman(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
What kind of record is this ? People are setting good record this one went there to sett funny record
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by geezynoni: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
Seems some kind mumu tins don dey enta record.

Me sef don set record.
I am the first seventeenth person to coment on this thread..

2 Likes

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by perdollar(m): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
devigblegble:
u WL take artemether-lumefantrine. daily for 3days. it WL help u bros

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
32 years old?
If na naija, dis guy for claim 23 years oh
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by GoldenJAT(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
devigblegble:
Help me touch ur neck! Is it hot?

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by sparko1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
uldouzwalace:
HOME OF DATA!
Get the Cheapest and most durable Data Plan from a reliable seller with 24/7 Customer Service with high prestige and confidence.
(+2347036206330/+17062501526)

� ​MTN DATA BUNDLE​
1GB=600
2GB=800
2.5GB=1000
3GB = ₦1200
4GB = ₦1500
6GB = ₦2000
10GB = ₦4000
Validity:3months (90days)
�ETISALAT DATA
1GB=600
4GB = ₦1000
4.5GB = ₦1500
8GB = ₦2000
14GB = ₦3000
Validity:1month (30days)
� AIRTEL DATA BUNDLE​
1GB=600
2GB=800
3.5GB =₦1200
8.5GB = ₦2000
15GB = ₦3000
�GLO DATA BUNDLE​
1GB=600
2GB=800
3GB=1200
4.5GB = ₦1000
9.5GB = ₦2000
15GB = ₦3000
To check bundle balance​​
MTN = * 461*2#
ETISALAT= * 229*9#
GLO = * 127*0#
AIRTEL = * 123*10

ALSO=
DSTV =1MONTH= #3,700.
4MONTH =#5,500.
6MONTH=#7,500
GOTV =1MONTH= #1,650.
4MONTH #2,100.
STAR TIMES=1M #1,250. 4M #1,950.
4M #2,000. 1YR #5,700.
✅To order now
Whatsapp/Call +2347036206330 or call our head office in USA via +17062501526
✅only interested MTN/GLO/9MOBILE & AIRTEL subscribers are expected to call or whatsapp me
✅Your data will be ​delivered​ � immediately your payment is verified.
✅ ​Connect easily with friends �
​Proudly supported by MTN, GLO, ETISALAT AND AIRTEL[color=#006600][/color]

you created an account not up to an hour and you want people to make payment first before data is sent, that is not the nairaland way, you want to be successful, you need to send at least 4 random people like a gig of data and then they testify to your authenticity before you think of making any of this crap work.

if you want to scam, well your guess is as good as mine, you have reached a deadlock!
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
devigblegble:

Smiles. May Ur dream come true

2 Likes

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by AABBIIMM(m): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2018
bro, u just nailed it. data scammers nowadays. even saying their head office is in USA. the data is even too cheap to be true. awoof dey purge belle. I pity d greedy ones sha.
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by AABBIIMM(m): 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
sparko1:

you created an account not up to an hour and you want people to make payment first before data is sent, that is not the nairaland way, you want to be successful, you need to send at least 4 random people like a gig of data and then they testify to your authenticity before you think of making any of this crap work.

if you want to scam, well your guess is as good as mine, you have reached a deadlock!

bro, u just nailed it.
data scammers nowadays.
even saying their head office is in USA.
the data is even too cheap to be true.
awoof dey purge belle.
I pity d greedy ones sha.
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by mrdna(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
This useless idiot cut my bet9ja ticket. I played NO RED CARD in almost all the matches to win big, but he collected red card 3mins in the match
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by AustineCJ: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
psychologist:
Ronaldo's GOAT = Good only at tapin Messi's GOAT = greatest of all time

Argue with Lai Mohammed
YoU GOAT.... Good on average thinking.

1 Like

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by lordkay10(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2018
Eastatlantaniqqa:
[s]Colombian midfielder Carlos Sancez has become the first footballer to be shown the second-fastest red card in World Cup history.[/s]

Colombian midfielder, Carlos Sanchez, has become the footballer to be shown the second fastest red card in World Cup history

www.footballflaver..com/2018/06/sanchez-becomes-footballer-with-second.html?m=1

Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by holuphisayor(m): 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
devigblegble:
in the end, its just a dream.

wake up! grin
Re: Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup by Maxcollins042(m): 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
This rare feat has earned him incessant death threats. We might see another Escobar anytime soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Deletes 'disrespectful' Tweet After Jose Mourinho Sacking / Jesse Lingard Mocks Arsenal After 3-1 Win (Photos & Video) / Ahmed Musa Wins League Title With His Club In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.