Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,579 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. (12302 Views)

Man Dumps Wife For Being A Bad Cook / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Kenyy: 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by DrKnow1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
In the dark, there is no difference between the housemaid and the madam!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
eldee:

Freaking arrogant plonkers . . . would it have been better if he were sleeping with a banker??
What's with the silly emphasis on the housemaid part.

I still don't get why it should be the job of the law to punish a man for preferring his housemaid to his wife.

Nobody is stopping him for preferring his housemaid but he should be man enough to pay the prize.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Osama10(m): 2:28am On Jun 11, 2010
Dr Know:

In the dark, there is no difference between the housemaid and the madam!

Oh la la, so the housemaid is sexier than madam?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 2:50am On Jun 11, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Nobody is stopping him for preferring his housemaid but he should be man enough to pay the prize.

What price?? Splitting his property into two and giving half to a woman that was only there to spend your money in the first place??
We have taken some useless things from UK law, but divorce settlements are on a whole new level.

UK divorce laws are still stuck in the age-old concept that women are less able to work than men, hence the need to compensate them for divorces.
But this is 2010, most women work/should work, so where's the justification for paying her that exorbitant amount of money??

I'm still yet to see someone that can bring a reasonable answer to this simple question.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by hbrednic: 3:30am On Jun 11, 2010
favouredjb:

Mad man,stooping so low to fuk his house girl,God ll judge him

i believe God has more important things to care of.
the word "stooping so low to fuk a house girl" is both derogatry and discriminating.
housegirls are no less women than the so called madams grin grin
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by hbrednic: 3:39am On Jun 11, 2010
Osama10:

Oh la la, so the housemaid is sexier than madam?

for respect, they are called "thick madams" instead of "fat madams" grin grin
yes the housegirls are slimmer and sexier cool cool
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by favouredjb(f): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2010
hbrednic:

i believe God has more important things to care of.
the word "stooping so low to fuk a house girl" is both derogatry and discriminating.
housegirls are no less women than the so called madams  grin grin

well,i know the house maid is human too, i agree with you,but do u think its fair?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by idifu(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
o ga o
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2010
favouredjb:

well,i know the house maid is human too, i agree with you,but do u think its fair?

You know what I think is not fair?? Staying in a marriage when all you want to do is sleep with someone else.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
eldee:

What price?? Splitting his property into two and giving half to a woman that was only there to spend your money in the first place??
We have taken some useless things from UK law, but divorce settlements are on a whole new level.

UK divorce laws are still stuck in the age-old concept that women are less able to work than men, hence the need to compensate them for divorces.
But this is 2010, most women work/should work, so where's the justification for paying her that exorbitant amount of money??

I'm still yet to see someone that can bring a reasonable answer to this simple question.

Why do you find it difficult to swallow the fact that splitting properties law has come to stay in Nigeria?. Are you threatened by it or what?. If you are not comfortable with the law, stop cheating on your wife chikena.

The man may have made the money but he wouldn't achieve his full potential if the woman was not doing her job at home. So, she deserves half his empire as her share of their marriage property, child support to feed, clothe and shelter the man's children and alimony to compensate for the heart break and embarrassment. That is why I suggest she gets 80-90% of their business empire and everybody will be even.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by spikedcylinder: 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
eldee:

You know what I think is not fair?? Staying in a marriage when all you want to do is sleep with someone else.

Then why did he get married in the first place? To find someone to boss around? To be at his beck and call? Many men sleep around regardless, it doesn't mean they don't love their wives or that they want a divorce.
Also, people are harping on the fact that he slept with his maid for the simple reasons in dating/marriage - it is quite unethical to sleep with your partner's friend, sister, brother, employee, mother or father. The fact that she's a maid and human is not the bone of contention here, she's an employee of his wife. Sleeping with her is not only disrespectful to his wife but his children and everything else his marriage stood for.
If there are no consequences for certain actions, laws that need to be re-addressed and put in place etc, everything will just be exercises in futility.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Why do you find it difficult to swallow the fact that splitting properties law has come to stay in Nigeria?. Are you threatened by it or what?. If you are not comfortable with the law, stop cheating on your wife chikena.

The man may have made the money but he wouldn't achieve his full potential if the woman was not doing her job at home. So, she deserves half his empire as her share of their marriage property, child support to feed, clothe and shelter the man's children and alimony to compensate for the heart break and embarrassment.  That is why I suggest she gets 80-90% of their business empire and everybody will be even.

Dude, just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right.
Yeah, it is wrong to cheat on your wife, but is it the job of the law to punish you for sleeping with your housegirl??
Since when did it become the job of the law to protect christian ideologies??

Are you being serious?? She deserves half of his property because she was cleaning the house and he was toiling hard building an empire??
This makes a whole joke of the UK-Wales and Nigerian legal systems, feminism and family life.

Like seriously . . . you think people should lose 80% of their property for having consensual sex with other people just because they're married.
Sometimes you guys just amuse me with this, copy the UK thing.

And these are the same people that are planning to imprison people for being gay.
Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Then why did he get married in the first place? To find someone to boss around? To be at his beck and call? Many men sleep around regardless, it doesn't mean they don't love their wives or that they want a divorce.
Also, people are harping on the fact that he slept with his maid for the simple reasons in dating/marriage - it is quite unethical to sleep with your partner's friend, sister, brother, employee, mother or father. The fact that she's a maid and human is not the bone of contention here, she's an employee of his wife. Sleeping with her is not only disrespectful to his wife but his children and everything else his marriage stood for.
If there are no consequences for certain actions, laws that need to be re-addressed and put in place etc, everything will just be exercises in futility.

There are consequences . . . moral and social retribution are powerful enough to handle cases of ideological differences.
The law is not there to punish people for being 'unethical' with Spikedcylinder's moral standards.
Truth be told, how unethical is it in a country where polygamy is not illegal.

A marriage is not a prison . . .and we shouldn't financially cripple somebody because he realised that he made a mistake in his social life and he wants out.
Fine she should get enough money to support herself and her children . . . but it should end with the amount needed to sstain the life of the average middle class Nigerian.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by spikedcylinder: 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2010
eldee:

There are consequences . . . moral and social retribution are powerful enough to handle cases of ideological differences.
The law is not there to punish people for being 'unethical' with Spikedcylinder's moral standards.

A marriage is not a prison . . .and we shouldn't financially cripple somebody because he realised that he made a mistake in his social life and he wants out.
Fine she should get enough money to support herself and her children . . . but it should end with the amount needed to sstain the life of the average middle class Nigerian.

He should not be punished for sleeping with his maid, he should be punished for cheating on his wife within the confines of their marriage (which is ordained by the law) as should be the case if it were the other way round.
My moral standards have nothing to do with an industrialist humping a tree, I was simply pointing out what was *common knowledge* regarding certain aspects of dating and marriage.
Marriage is not a prison, definitely. He wants out, fair enough. He should pay for going out. It's not a regular man/woman relationship that you can drop like hot lead. That's why people need to think carefully before going into such institutions because there are laws guiding them. If you are not marriage material and know your snake cannot remain in your knickers, don't get married.
Simples. cool cheesy
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by spikedcylinder: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
Plus, he should not just pay her for upkeep of the kids and basic maintenance. Living for 30yrs with him, she'll be used to a certain lifestyle and going below that (I forgot the term for it - Relative Income Hypothesis, I think) is economically errr detrimental. He should pay her such that she can keep up with her lifestyle whilst taking care of herself and her kids. cheesy
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
eldee:

Polygamy is only legal in Nigeria under the customary law. If you married in the court and cheats on your wife with another woman, she can legally kick you out of the very house you built before you married her and take over your business. It has happened in Lagos 2 times. So, be careful how you assert the law and zip up unless you want to end up under Ojuelegba bridge. Nigerian women of this age are no more ready to take BS from men like you. You cheat, you pay dearly. 93% of your net worth or nothing.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Lovemee(f): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
The man should pay dearly for his stupid act.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

He should not be punished for sleeping with his maid, he should be punished for cheating on his wife within the confines of their marriage (which is ordained by the law) as should be the case if it were the other way round.
My moral standards have nothing to do with an industrialist humping a tree, I was simply pointing out what was *common knowledge* regarding certain aspects of dating and marriage.
Marriage is not a prison, definitely. He wants out, fair enough. He should pay for going out. It's not a regular man/woman relationship that you can drop like hot lead. That's why people need to think carefully before going into such institutions because there are laws guiding them. If you are not marriage material and know your snake cannot remain in your knickers, don't get married.
Simples. cool cheesy

Under the law, a marriage is a contract.
When contracts are severed, compensation is based on what you brought to the contract and not halving the defecting party's property.
The law is not there to halve people's property because they made a simple mistake and arguably victimless, it makes a mess of the legal system.

In your own logic, when I sign a contract to work for a company for a period of time and I quit without a reason, they should come and take half of my investments.
Or isn't the workplace contract an institution ordained by the law too??

It is totally unreasonable and out-of-place for the law to be used as a tool for revenge when love goes sour.
The law is wrong . . . and it needs to be fixed, it's already getting enough criticism in the UK, I'm sure Nigeria is waiting there like the obedient dog waiting for them to correct theirs first.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Plus, he should not just pay her for upkeep of the kids and basic maintenance. Living for 30yrs with him, she'll be used to a certain lifestyle and going below that (I forgot the term for it - Relative Income Hypothesis, I think) is economically errr detrimental. He should pay her such that she can keep up with her lifestyle whilst taking care of herself and her kids. cheesy

Oh I get it . . . so we should punish him for introducing the stupid woman to the good life??
WOW!!! How low can you guys go . . . this same woman did not go out and when he was building his business but now he should suffer for helping her out from her possibly poverty-stricken upbringing??

How then can we open our mouths and say we're helping women if we train them into becoming gold-diggers and all that??

Besides you say a marriage is not a prison, what's the difference between losing half your property and being locked up??
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Polygamy is only legal in Nigeria under the customary law. If you married in the court and cheats on your wife with another woman, she can legally kick you out of the very house you built before you married her and take over your business. It has happened in Lagos 2 times. So, be careful how you assert the law and zip up unless you want to end up under Ojuelegba bridge. Nigerian women of this age are no more ready to take BS from men like you. You cheat, you pay dearly. 93% of your net worth or nothing.

You are being daft here. . . so because I support a change in the laws guarding divorce rights, I'm a cheating husband??
Let's be reasonable here and avoid personal statements please.

As I said before, look at the big picture, the law is wrong. . . full stop.
Just because it's the law doesn't mean it's perfect . . . you still haven't given a reasonable justification for these laws.

These laws are as daft as the law banning improper positioning of stamps on envelopes.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
eldee:

As I said before, look at the big picture, the law is wrong. . . full stop.
Just because it's the law doesn't mean it's perfect . . . you still haven't given a reasonable justification for these laws.

These laws are as daft as the law banning improper positioning of stamps on envelopes.
It is the law accepted by the citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I think you should respect it. If it works for them who are you to come and tell them that the law in their Motherland is wrong?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by eldee(m): 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

It is the law accepted by the citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I think you should respect it. If it works for them who are you to come and tell them that the law in their Motherland is wrong?

I am Nigerian by birth, and if I am affected by a stupid law, I have the right to complain.
If the law needs change then it should be reviewed.

The fact that the daft Senators are more interested in stealing money while they just photocopy the UK Constitution isn't a valid reason.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by AloyEmeka5: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
eldee:

I am Nigerian by birth, and if I am affected by a silly law, I have the right to complain.
If the law needs change then it should be reviewed.

The fact that the daft Senators are more interested in stealing money while they just photocopy the UK Constitution isn't a valid reason.

I wonder why you did not complain or demand for a change in the typical Nigerian  culture that relegates women to the back seat. A culture where the man can wake up any day and send the woman packing to her fathers house with or without her children, replace her with another woman and still threaten to make life miserable for her?. How come you started complaining because your ego is threatened by the fact that women are over running the Nigerian judiciary and the law is slowly working towards their favor?. Just respect yourself and your wife otherwise your azz will be on the street. It is the new Nigerian order, get with the program as soon as possible if you know what is good for you. Bella-Power ebeano!
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by tayo4me(f): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2010
With the way women are being treated, I dont think I will get married o, because I cant tolerate all the rubbish men dish out to women. After suffering with a man when he was a nobody, he suddenly wakes up one day after becuming somebody and decides to get married to sum1 else, and tell u to ur face u didnt contribute anytin to his life.

I tell people that care to listen that if I eventually get married and then smell a rat, I wont hesitate to leave the marriage. Many women suffer in marriages especially in Africa but refuse to leave because of their children. Honestly the best is to leave, because the children you claim to be protecting will not forgive you later if the situation gets worse. After leaving, I will make life difficult for the man and the so-called new woman.

Some men are just really ungrateful
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 1:27am On Jun 12, 2010
~Sissy~:

it doesnt matter as long as you both are married and own properties whether shes a housewife, officewife, kitchenwife, bedroomwife, trophywife and what have you, she gets a share in the property. so, her contributions/not in the business doesnt hold water.

thats what you get for stooping too low, next time do it the proper way.

Because? shocked shocked shocked shocked

So na monkey they work, Baboon dey chop?

Aloy+Emeka:

I don't know why Nigerian men go bananas whenever issues boils down to losing part of their fortune to their wife during divorce proceedings.?. A real man should be able to let his wife walk with as many as possible without winking because a real man is confident in himself that he will make another one. Nigerian men are no real men in short.

You don dey take Igbo? grin

Shey na because of WC euphoria, abi wetin?

A man should dish out his life's sweat to a woman to show he is a real man? grin

stillwater:

N1 billion is too small.

Ehn! I know.

Na Nigeria's annual budget make she ask for. grin

Seun:

Why does who he cheated on have anything to do with what portion of his wealth she deserves?
As far as I'm concerned, if she didn't contribute to the business, she only deserves child support.

Thank you!

I wonder where in the legislation does it state judges should make judgement on punishment for cheating.

If she is hurt, then she should dump him. N1bn me arse!

OYINKANSOW:

She certainly deserves some compensation and I am not talking about child support angry. It may not be anywhere near 1billion though. Lets look at this from the woman's perspective. Women give up sooooooo much to get married and stay married. I am sure the man married her because she was not not as rich as he was at the same time. Now she supported him, emotionally, physically, sexually (to release business tension), spiritually (fasted and prayed endlessly for him) and so on. She fed him well, encouraged him, stood in the gap for him atimes anytime he travelled, tended to his physical needs, took care of his in-laws, shared his fears and troubles, served as his back, dealt with miscellaneous in the house, managed housekeep money, made her lifestyle to fit his, stayed awake for him several times, etc.

Because of this he was able to build on what he had and make more.

Professor, I really did not know these is the secret to building a solid business.

I used to think it was mainly due to brains, ability, knowledge, network, hunger and hard work.

I didn't know all those were irrelevant. undecided

OYINKANSOW:

Men with good wives make it better than men without because a good wife will effectively take care of the home front and the children so that the man can concentrate on his business. She did all the babysitting (if he was abroad he may have done part of it) and all the housekeeping so he could wake up easily, eat good meals (that made him sharp), wear clean clothes, go to work relaxed and come back to a cosy home. The woman kept the house cosy/cool for him.

There are a lot of rich men, who have servants doing this, whilst the wife lives her life. They did not pay a majority of their wealth to this servants.

So I wonder how this is relevant to his success.

OYINKANSOW:

Also marriage sort of limits women's destinies. They can't reach their full potential. They have to sacrifice part of it. MEN DON'T SACRIFICE ANYTHING. THEY HAVE IT ALL wink wink wink. Childbearing and childraising reduces women's productivity/productive life.Tending to the husband's needs (soooo compulsory) also does the same. Most Nigerian women once married turn their back on any personal stuff and live solely for the husband, kids and in-laws. Very few women have managed to combine career and family successfully.

They have to be there at all times for the husband, kids and in-laws whether they like it or not and whether it is convenient or not. Women give more in marriage than men do and gain less. Men gain well-behaved, well-brought-up kids (thanks to the mother) since in Africa men own the children. Men also gain a fully productive and fully supported life. They do not adapt to the wife, its the wife who adapts to the whole setup and sacrifices a lot.

Also, from the womb, women are made to prepare for marriage cheesy cheesy cheesy. "you better learn how to cook", "You better respect your junior brother cos he is a man", "You better dress well so that men can call you" etc. They have to be perfect cheesy But men do not have any preparation. No pressure. Also women are told not to be too rich or too brilliant or too tall grin so that men will not see them as uncontrollable. So women actually lower their productivity in order to get married.

Some people believe women should not use a car or live in their own houses before getting married. So the poor girl has to be trekking about so that men will "seeee" her. A lot of female doctors cannot even use their titles before marriage because it looks too big for them e.g. Dr Miss Yar' Adua looks somehow as men will be scared of her. And they do not get married easily because of their "too high intelligence" .Its not me ooo, I have heard several of my male colleagues say that.

Now tell me after all this, pls if you are a man put yourself in this woman's shoes for a second (pretend that you are a woman, don't worry it won't happen grin grin grin) won't you do more? Then after suffering with her husband (even if she has her own wealth or potential e.g.CFA, PhD she has to bury it for the sake of her husband's ego) he dumps her for a common housemaid. Imagine the humiliation, side talks, insults this woman would have endured at the hands of this housemaid, her family and the public. The housemaid now shares her husband with her, matrimonial bed, etc. She now has to start her life again. Upon all he is denying her her child despite knowing that the child will do better with her.

If I was her, I would leave him to God. If he escapes retribution on this earth, he will not escape afterwards. God is not partial.

What is with all this whining?

I am not too sure what part of Earth you live on, but where I live and I have lived, marriage is an option, not by force.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 1:39am On Jun 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Because he breached the contract of their marriage. There are consequences and unless we take it serious, men will continue to act like a he goat.

LWKMD!!!

What contract?  grin grin grin grin

Lets look at it. The traditional marriage vows would go as forth:

“I, (Sarah/James), take you (Sarah/James), to be my (wife/husband), to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do us part.”

“As God unites us in the presence of our family and friends, I give you my firm commitment to be faithful and loyal to you, in sickness and in health, good times or bad, in sadness and in joy. I do promise to love you unconditionally, to help you make your dreams come true and to respect and honor you. I cherish you, my dear (name) for as long as we both shall live.”

Then if this is a CONTRACT, then surely courts should be applying punitive measures for contract breach to any individual instigating a divorce since the contract says "till death do us apart?"  undecided

Mate, it is not a contract. It is just sweet, nice things you whisper to one another.

Aloy+Emeka:

Why won't she receive 1bn?. It is 50-50 as long as they are legally married coupled with the fact that she keeps the children and the house so she deserves the lion share. How will she maintain his children who are used to high standard of living?. How will she maintain their house which will definitely be a money guzzler and other occassional trips for holidays in Europe and America she and her kids got used to while married to her need to be taken care of.

She should live the life she can afford for herself or her (new) partner can provide for her.

Why should any individual pay for your lifestyle because you are used to it?

Aloy+Emeka:

Finally, what is he doing with the few change due to him anyway, his  newmaid wife can manage him with N10M. He doesn't deserve more than that in my opinion.

Nigerian men needs to understand there are consequences to cheating and embarrassing their wives in public. One of the consequences in losing your fortune to YOUR WIFE.

Seun, if you cheat on your wife, you lose nairaland to her, chikena. You can go get some job at Abeokuta to piece yourself together.

So if the jurisdictional arm is empowered to judge and punish for infidelity, and you can award monetary punishment on a partner for cheating?

So what will be the punishment for a married woman that cheats on her wealthy husband? They will give him the 5m she owns to add to his 1Bn?

Or the law should punish some and let others go scot free for the same offence?
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 1:56am On Jun 12, 2010
chaircover:

Yes she didn't support him in the day to day running of the business but she most probably did the following and that must be taken into account and rewarded;

1. She made the home conducive enough for him to be able to come home to after a hard days slog in the office

And how is that worth N1bn?

chaircover:

2. She gave him his own children

The ones she is asking the courts for custody of?  grin grin grin

So she did not GIVE him?  grin

I can swear in most cases, she also wanted to have children it was not his sole choice.

chaircover:

4. Must have as some point encouraged him, prayed with him, advised him, listened to him and been a friend etc during the course of his business

And so?

So do close family and friends, do they also deserve N1bn?

chaircover:

5. Must have at some time entertained his business partners at their home

And so?

chaircover:

6. Must have attended business events away from their home with him

And so?

chaircover:

7. Must have had to sleep alone and taken responsibility of the smooth running of the home when he went on business trips

And so?  grin grin grin grin

This one is funny. So it is part of the reason to be paid his sweat? So when he sleeps alone what is his compensation?

chaircover:

8. Believe it or not his being married would have given him some clout amongst his peers, family and community. I can only count very few single highly ranking politicians, pastors, traditional rulers etc

9. She kept the home affairs side of things going, so he could concentrate on his business

. . . . . . . And many more things that she has done in the background that must be considered. She should find herself a very good lawyer and fight for what is rightfully hers.

Only a jerk of a man refuses to pay his ex-wife a decent amount of alimony especially if he can afford it; moreso he is the main cause of the break-up. I have no respect for men who shy away from their responsibilities just because they have the power to do so.

If he has a conscience, then he should do the right thing

I am not going to go through the rest one by one.

Basically, my point is, she should be collecting what her effort and contributions is worth. What IF SHE HAD NOT done, he would not have made his wealth. That is fair and square.

If he had been single, that does not mean he would not have made his wealth, he would have just used domestics. It is ability that makes money, not because you have a wife that cooks and clean. Otherwise Simon Cowell mush have stolen his wealth.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 2:05am On Jun 12, 2010
Outstrip:

So you think because you can type you have now accomplished something. It does not even matter whether he cheated or not. It has nothing to do with it. It might add icing on the cake but it is not even important. The man is the one asking for a divorce after being married to her since 1987. He wants to divorce her, take the child and move on with his new wife. God will simply punish him and every single man that thinks like him. There is no way that kind of ignorance and wickedness can stand. The sad part is that it does not seem abnormal to any of you. It is just obvious that wickedness and maliciousness if woven into the fabric of Nigerian culture.

I hope you realise a lot of women dump men because they no longer find satisfaction in him and have found men that would pay them more/better "attention"? And all you hear from other women is them blaming the man for not "doing his job".  undecided

Should courts also punish such women for not staying in the relationship?

Outstrip:

The man himself is not the brightest person and I think when you are so consumed with your own ignorance you fail to even recognize common sense. How can you say that there is property and it is owed solely by you when you have been married for over 20 years. Only in Nigeria will someone dare say a thing like that. In any other place you would be scared to say that because it will be obvious to all that you are simply a malicious and evil person. In Nigeria someone says it and people come out and cheer him on. For real at some point you have to pretend that you have shame even if you do not feel it

If he is working for and the money is coming from his salary to pay for it. She uses her salary for something else, then it is his.

People should work for THEIR assets. Not say we were married so you work, I chop because I am used to you providing the chops.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 2:13am On Jun 12, 2010
chaircover:

What I don't get is why/how do people who used to love each other so much can become so spiteful.

What does the man stand to lose by paying for his wife to be comfortable after the divorce especially as he can afford it?

Would he rather she sold pure water or gala on the street? What is wrong with peoples consciences these days?

Humans of both sexes can be heartless.

Also laws that are in itself injustices lead to such fighting. it makes one party think of how they can exploit and others to get too defensive to prevent it.

I think every country should in this day and age make it mandatory for every marriage to have a pre-nup. So you know what you get before you get into it.

Shebe if na contract for real, make you kukuma know in advance within be the penalty of each breach.
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 2:41am On Jun 12, 2010
texazzpete:

There's nothing in the marriage court papers that states that you'll 'pay dearly' if the contract is breached.
Also, what about Nigerian women? Who's to say women don't commit adultery? And as far as marriage is concerned, who's to say relentless nagging isn't a 'breach' of the 'contract'? AT least by her own statement the woman admits to harbouring and displaying distrust for her husband. You swore to love and trust your man. You don't anymore. doesn't that too qualify as a breach of contract?

I hope you do realize that the only way to be sure she gets at least 90% of his wealth is to have him killed? Just come out and say it plainly  grin

Thank you jare.  grin

I ask the question above. So what happens to an adulterous woman married to a rich man? The court still pass her assets to him as well? Or she escapes punishment, or worse still, even still get him to pay "for the lifestyle she is used to" despite cheating?

So what of the lifestyle he is used to? Does she continue to provide this too? E.g. constant s<x?

If she is a housewife, there should be some assets (but capped at a reasonable max for average national need) allocated to her and certain alimony for a short period until she gets her feet together (except she is at an age where employment is no more feasible, then alimony for life)

If she was a working woman during the relationship, then she should mainly take what she put in and live the life her ability can afford. Instead of looking for free lunch.

You share when you are in marriage, you stop sharing when you stop being married.

bish-2:

Not just in Naija, women all around the world are just "bloody opportunists",  From Abrahamnovic's of chelsea's wife to Tiger Wood's and this one on ground. Had it been the man was wretched will she sue for N1b or just follow her new toaster quietly? If truly she was hardworking, she should face her biz and let the man concentrate on his biz, but because she is lazy, she even doubts her ability to manage N1b and has to ask for an Extra N300,00 for future insurance against hunger when she squanders the N1b. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't feel sorry for Tiger or McCarthney.

Why did the bloody foools not sign pre-nups when they are already stupendously rich pre-marriage?

Let the women milk them jor.

eldee:

I think divorce laws need a review.

Truthfully what's the reasoning behind letting a woman claim money after divorce??
That tradition is set in Victorian Britain when women never used to work. . . if you don't get and education and work, then tough luck . . . why should I pay you 1BN because I prefer to be with the housemaid??

Is marriage a prison?? Should you pay just because you no longer find the woman attractive??

This is 2010 for heaven's sake . . .

Thank you jor.

Most of the argument of the women here is just a subterfuge. What they really are saying is that they are unhappy and feel insecure that it is inevitable they would lose their looks and they feel betrayed if a man leaves them after that and can pick up another woman whilst they can not really compete as effectively anymore. Hence the want the man to compensate them (or they milk him) for their biological foibles if it unfortunately happens.

Women dump guys for another guy that makes them happier, but the thing that surprises me is that, it is these same women who will turnaround and blame the guy that "he did not give her enough attention". They will not remember that "marriage is a contract then". But if a man does it: "He must not get away with it, he used her".  undecided
Re: Industrialist Dumps Wife For Housemaid. by Sagamite(m): 3:17am On Jun 12, 2010
Renoya:

There is no mention of the woman having done something bad, even though its the man that is asking for divorce. So my judgement ----  All the properties shld be shared 50/50 (they both worked hard for it - even though the woman did hers at home and the man, outside the home.) and the child shld be given to the woman (since the man is more interested in frolicking around at his old age)

I don't think there is any original thought to this. You just regurgitated whatever western philosophy you have heard.

I don't know since when housework is worth or can generate billions of naira, no matter how hard you do the housework.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Dad Is Having An Affair:Do I Talk To Him Politely? / Am Looking For My Father / Where And How To Meet Guys Ready 4 Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.