Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53704 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
Ignore the guy because thats not true

Olubayo Adefemi would have added a very important youth on the right back if chosen

Peter Utaka (not John Utaka) would have finished clinically that placing that Yakubu missed before Obasi failed to score in an open net.

Solomon Okoronkwo would have brought the guile and pace needed to unlock defence from the right flank. He did this skillfully at the last olympics in Beinjing.

Anichebe would have given an option from the bench which Kanu Nwankwo was too old to give.

Even our best defensive pair from the selected 23 was not even used. Go and re-watch the two goals scored by Greece yesterday and pay attention to our central defenders. Some times they are just content at watching the opponent have a shut at goal and hope that it does not go in.

Largerback simply does not know our best players nor does he know the best formation to suit them. They claimed after the interview that the reason lagerback was hired was because he knew so much about our players but unfortunately our performances and his choices of players show that claim was another media spin by NFF.

im sure u went to a tertiary institution
is anichebe better than Obasi?
or are u saying we should have taken 24 players?

who d fck is solomon okoronkow and olubayo adefemi?
would they bench the people on parade?

whats ur point? drop the ones we have and take the ones u highlighted?

if the man had dropped Obasi, peeps like you would have asked why Obasi was dropped for Anichebe (a bench warmer in everton)

Peter Utaka? grin grin grin grin
dude ure a joke

maybe u didnt know h played friendlies for Nigeria; who should have been dropped for Peter? Yakubu?
hehehe or Martins

Lagerback doesnt know but u internet analyst knows better than him and amokachi

go and sleep somewhere
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
the problem is that the results do not support you argument or claim to superior knowledge.

we have lost 2 out of 2 in a 3 match group stage and are about to crash out of the world cup

so whatever it is you and your hired agent Lagerback know is simply not working

unfotunately you dont have the decency to admit it nor even them shame to keep silent.

what a shameless bunch.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
mikeansy:

the problem is that the results do not support you argument to superior knowledge.

we have lost 2 out of 2 in a 3 match group stage and are about to crash out of the world cup

so whatever it is you and your hired agent Lagerback know is simply not working

unfotunately you dont have the decency to admit it that or even them shame to keep silent.

what a shameless bunch.
Perreira is about to crash out of the world cup
whatever they hired him for is not workin too

Eriksson will not qualify for 2nd round with CIV (mark my words)

Its the quality of players you have; its not the coach

go and prepare for the next world cup grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

Perreira is about to crash out of the world cup
whatever they hired him for is not workin too

Eriksson will not qualify for 2nd round with CIV (mark my words)

Its the quality of players you have; its not the coach

go and prepare for the next world cup grin grin grin

when did you realise that the players are not good enough and why are you defending an NFF who fraudulently pays a Foreign Coach huge salaries deserving only of those who are trying to win the world cup knowing that our players are not good enough?

its such a shame how you guys are defending corruption openly and trust me when we crash out next week your source of income will surely take a hit.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
mikeansy:

when did you realise that the players are not good enough and why are you defending an NFF who fraudulently pays a Foreign Coach huge salaries deserving only of those who are trying to win the world cup knowing that our players are not good enough?

its such a shame how you guys are defending corruption openly and trust me when we crash out next week your source of income will surely take a hit.
abi u wan make i whoze you from internet?
wetin concern my income with SE?

im not defending NFF: On the admin part, the nFF will share the blame
The reason we are where we are is cos of the dearth of players; our NFF was bad in 1994 when we won the nations cup

maybe u need to dig up stories to refresh ur brains
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

You dont get it do you?
NFF are supposed to spot the right talents, coordinate football very well to acceptable standards
yeah i agree

will that make you breed another okocha? or win the world cup or not lose to Argentina

There is a dearth of talent right now and thats just my point. NFF , SE, fans are all Nigerians and we are all part of the problem

Someone was saying ex footballers should b allowed to run football in the country in order to stem the rot in the system and another ignoramus lauded the idea as the best post. I chose not to respond because , at this level, i shouldnt be engaging in a free for all banter

who are the people running the FA in England? is it Gascoigne or Lineker? or is it Paul Ince?
what about Brasil? Pele or Falcao? was Ogunjobi not an ex footballer with shooting stars?

abeg, Nigeria got independence in 1960 and it took the country many years to qualify for world cup
was it because the NFA in those years were poor? The country only won the nations cup for the first time in 1980 on home soil b4 another victory in 1994. How come, we couldnt win between 1982-1992 was it cos the NFA was bad?

at a point in time of a nation, the country will experience all these, even Cameroon is experiencing the same thing; it may be long or soon, all i know is Nigeria will be back to its best

Even our best from time immeorial has been 2 nations cup victories and a round 16 berth in world cup
make we relax abeg

@tkb417,

I get it very well. You and I are on opposite sides of the fence. You say there is a dearth of talent right now based on what statistics? The number of Nigerian Players playing in european clubs? Or what? Have you gone out scoouting for talent and found that there is a dearth of talent? I mean check am all the talents that Clemence westerhof discovered for USA 94 where they all playing for European clubs? The talent that won the first ever  FIFA U-17 World cup held in China in 1985 were some of them even playing for reputable clubsides in naija? My position is what happened to the mentality of grooming genuine talent at the youth level? There used to be inter- Secondary School competitions where clocal clubsides can go and scout for pprospective players for their clubs or even national team coaches especially at the U-17 level can go and scout for talent that would represent the country at the junior level and then start from there to ensure a steady progression to the U-20 national team and then eventually to the Super eagles. The whole Gamut of talent hunting has not been exploited yet we are quick to say that there is a dearth of talent. Ah ah. I mean if anothe Jay jay and Kanu are going to be found it will come from seeking hidden talents in this way and they are there  I assure you. The problem is we have so detracted from what is right that it is now very difficult for the current generation to even trace out how things ought to be done. We are basically in Limbo and it is exemplified in statements like "there is a dearth of talent". I mean really that statement is based on what statistics? bearing in mind that modern day nigerian footballers who have found themselves in european clubs    may not have necessarily got there by shear astounding performances. Some have but not all. And we know that one thing leads to another, I know Kanu and Kanu knows Boris and Boris is a coach of a division 3 team somewhere in belgium can actually bring people over to play for clubs here in europe. To butress this point all those boys that won the 2007 U-17 World cup where are they now? So it's not necessarily by ability that people go to europe my brother so if you have based your talent count on the availability of players in European clubsides who are actually making waves, then you need to count again because no be am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Krayola(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2010
How can people blame the coach for kaita kicking at an opponent? I think that's kinda silly.

I think kaita is to blame, but I have forgiven him already. I've done some pretty dumb shite too! I think we all have. Difference is the world wasn't watching , and my stupidity never broke the hearts of 150 million people. Damn!! Ok maybe he deserves the stick grin grin

crucify him!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Krayola(m): 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2010
Do u Guys really think lageback could have discovered all our "amazing" talent and turned them into world cup contenders in less than 60 days of preparation?

Our team was never goin to do much. No be beans. The other teams no come sell groundnut. When naija did well on the world scene, we took this stuff serious and had an administration that didn't mess around with football cause that was about all they could offer nigerians besides mass embezzlement.

Vote for IBB if u ever want to see football glory again grin

Babaginda for presido!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2010
@Ajayi
i like the way you argue. Good thinking

yes, the country should go grassroot and dig up the youngsters!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you know when the responsibility of the federation stops as regards unearthing talents?
it stops as soon as they have given opprtunities for these players to showcase what they have on the global scene ( U-17 and U-20 world cups)
what else do you want the Federation to do in unearthing young players?
maybe you dont know, Nigeria have won the U-17 tourney more than most countries of the world so its never a case of not developing young talents

Do u know know where the Yemi Tella boiz are right now? do you know they are not doing well for themselves after the youth competition? personally, players need to develop themselves, get into good clubs, develop ur footballig abilities and bcome a household name in european clubs.
When our players metamorphose from youth competitions to household names in europe, be rest assured our SE will be hawt and one of the best teams. Thats the reason why the Ivoriens can match some of the european teams.

One of the reasons why our youth players tend to fade into oblivion after excelling in youth competitions is cos they are always overaged whenever they represent the country. The 1985 team u talked about must have been U-35 but competed with U-17 chaps all over the world. why wont they win the competition?

Even the Yemi Tella boiz. One of those boiz had a naming ceremony for his baby immediately after the competition and looking at the wife, she'll probably be around 27. So how come the Husband was U-17?

those are the things that i think the NFF should look into. as per unearthing talents, they might not be the best but i doubt if they are not trying their best.

You dont need a soothsayer to know we are short of talents in this country cos most of our players play in grade B clubs apart from Mikel. when u have players in the top clubs in europe, ur national teams will be a force to be reckoned with all over the world
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
The thing that worries me the most is the tendency to base the reason for fielding these mediocre players on the dearth of talent in Nigeria. When it is obvious why some of these players continue to play for the eagles inspite of the fact that they are fat, heavy and unfit. For your information, especially in the English Premier League, to continue playing for the clubs you need to play at least 80% of national assignments for your native country. So to me this poses direct pressure on our beloved Nigerian Grandfathers who play in this league to ensure that they play for their country to achieve that 80% target so as to continue playing for their clubs and keep their jobs basically. The result is a long and consistent disgraceful outcomes like what we are experiencing now with the standard of the national football teams for as long as these guys continue to play football. Again to me in our tradition the only way to make this possible is by "EGUNJE" and these guys have got plenty of money to spend to ensure this. I mean simply put influential people on payroll so that basically "if I continue to play you continue to live large". These are some of the possibilities that could be happening behind the scenes, off the pitch, that you don't need to be told first; you work out the "Maths" if you know the information above. Not all these talks about dearth of talent. That's why it seems we are going through a long spell. It is so unfair. Maybe somebody should organise a training session for these guys so that they can know how to invest the money they have already made and from that they won't feel under pressure to continue playing to earn money thereby preventing the wealth of talent in the country that need to come forth and consequently curtail these embarrassing occurrences of persistent defeats in important events like the world cup especially where everyone was keeping one eye open for Nigeria to lead the charge of African countries in this mundial with the "you never know what they are capable of" approach. It is very painful. Look we need to change our ways and we need to do so fast if we are going to make any positive impact on our economy, on our lives, and on our football in the world stage. I don talk my own-o. Make una take am or leave am. E go be. wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

@Ajayi
i like the way you argue. Good thinking

yes, the country should go grassroot and dig up the youngsters!!!!!!!!!!!!
do you know when the responsibility of the federation stops as regards unearthing talents?
it stops as soon as they have given opprtunities for these players to showcase what they have on the global scene ( U-17 and U-20 world cups)
what else do you want the Federation to do in unearthing young players?
maybe you dont know, Nigeria have won the U-17 tourney more than most countries of the world so its never a case of not developing young talents

Do u know know where the Yemi Tella boiz are right now? do you know they are not doing well for themselves after the youth competition? personally, players need to develop themselves, get into good clubs, develop your footballig abilities and bcome a household name in european clubs.
When our players metamorphose from youth competitions to household names in europe, be rest assured our SE will be hawt and one of the best teams. Thats the reason why the Ivoriens can match some of the european teams.

One of the reasons why our youth players tend to fade into oblivion after excelling in youth competitions is cos they are always overaged whenever they represent the country. The 1985 team u talked about must have been U-35 but competed with U-17 chaps all over the world. why wont they win the competition?

Even the Yemi Tella boiz. One of those boiz had a naming ceremony for his baby immediately after the competition and looking at the wife, she'll probably be around 27. So how come the Husband was U-17?

those are the things that i think the NFF should look into. as per unearthing talents, they might not be the best but i doubt if they are not trying their best.

You dont need a soothsayer to know we are short of talents in this country cos most of our players play in grade B clubs apart from Mikel. when u have players in the top clubs in europe, your national teams will be a force to be reckoned with all over the world

@tkb417

you have spoken well.It is indeed due to the fact that these boys are overaged that is why theyfade into oblivion. I agree. And that is why we need to start telling the truth. We need to start to develop a culture of what I call responsible accountability. Because if we go to the grassroots and find boys who are genuinely U-17 and they go far in an U-17 world-cup, they would be bought by european clubsides after the tourney. They don't need to win it first and they won't need to develop themselves after the tourney to attract scouting managers if they haven't already attracted them during the course of the tournament. It is just this attitude of telling lies, even about things like age, that makes it look as though we don't have talent. Because it makes the wrong talent available to the world that won't last after a few years of playing due to their real age and is counter productive to these european clubsides and then the whole thing backlashes on our standard of performance in the beautiful game at the world stage. it's very disgraceful and painful.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

im sure u went to a tertiary institution
is anichebe better than Obasi?
or are u saying we should have taken 24 players?

who d fck is solomon okoronkow and olubayo adefemi?
would they bench the people on parade
?

whats your point? drop the ones we have and take the ones u highlighted?

if the man had dropped Obasi, peeps like you would have asked why Obasi was dropped for Anichebe (a bench warmer in everton)

Peter Utaka? grin grin grin grin
dude ure a joke

maybe u didnt know h played friendlies for Nigeria; who should have been dropped for Peter? Yakubu?
hehehe or Martins

Lagerback doesnt know but u internet analyst knows better than him and amokachi

go and sleep somewhere

Adefemi and Okoronkwo are at least more fit than the players in the current squad. Football is mainly about fitness and maybe speed, the other requisites are secondary
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by mommamia: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
Those boys should just go home and stop wasting tax payers money as theres no need to play the last defeat game. What a big shame
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2010
na real wa! No be small grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by marutimon: 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2010
I agree with Adefemi and Okoronkwo. They could be gamechangers. The best players from the Olympic squad aren't playing (Emmanuel Ekpo, Solomon Okoronkwo) plus Rabiu Ibrahim at least should have been given a chance. Just watch Ghana - they don't worry about clubs and names. They even benched Sulley Muntari for a player who played in Ligue 2 last season.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2010
kAITA, you owe no one an apology, it's your job you did, 90% of people on this thread would have done the same, they are all here condemning another person.

Who even gave you all the right to decide who to be forgiven and who not to?

Kaita, what you did wasn't the first and won't be the last, people before you did worse and their team still went ahead and won, they are all looking for excuse to blame someone, they want a scapegoat lol,

Nigeria was already out even before the tournament started. From the bad Plane, to bad hotel, to bad weather, to bad coach to bad selection. Silly plonkers.

Germany is playing Serbia with one man down, yet they are terrorizing the Serbian post, you'd think it's the Serbians that are 1 man down.

The pressure has paid off, now Serbia has given a penalty to Germany but they finally lost it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Confusion: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2010
it has been proven that it was the noise of the vuvuzela that made kaita to match the guy

fifa is planning to ban the vuvuzela
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ranoscky(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2010
@Marutimo football is not all about personality or the club u play for, it's all about fitness and xpirience.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ajayi123: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2010
Confusion:

it has been proven that it was the noise of the vuvuzela that made kaita to match the guy

fifa is planning to ban the vuvuzela

Ha-ha-ha-ha grin grin grin grin. Abeg @Confusion,

My friend go and sit down. We dey talk serious matter here. Don't make me laugh. Ha-ha-ha. you are very funny grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by sylve11: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2010
honeric01:

kAITA, you owe no one an apology, it's your job you did, 90% of people on this thread would have done the same, they are all here condemning another person.

Who even gave you all the right to decide who to be forgiven and who not to?

Kaita, what you did wasn't the first and won't be the last, people before you did worse and their team still went ahead and won, they are all looking for excuse to blame someone, they want a scapegoat lol,

Nigeria was already out even before the tournament started. From the bad Plane, to bad hotel, to bad weather, to bad coach to bad selection. Silly plonkers.

Germany is playing Serbia with one man down, yet they are terrorizing the Serbian post, you'd think it's the Serbians that are 1 man down.

The pressure has paid off, now Serbia has given a penalty to Germany but they finally lost it.

na u sabbi! undecided tongue cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
Krayola:

How can people blame the coach for kaita kicking at an opponent? I think that's kinda silly.

I think kaita is to blame, but I have forgiven him already. I've done some pretty dumb shite too! I think we all have. Difference is the world wasn't watching , and my stupidity never broke the hearts of 150 million people. Damn!! Ok maybe he deserves the stick  grin grin

crucify him!!!

But Amodu was blamed for the goal Taiwo Taye caused against the Tunisians in Abuja, it's Amodu, so he should be blamed.

Same with the goal caused by the same TT against Egypt.

And all the missed chances our players lost against the opponents in the nations cup and qualifiers, when we were all here saying it was not the coach that was to be blamed, we were shot down, shouted at, now the same thing is repeating itself, una likes no wan blame coach, rather it's the players. Is it because he's white or what is going on here?

Anyways, i knew from ground that nothing was going to come out of this WC and it's gradually coming to past.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2010
whats this one talking about?
his job is to fight Kung fu onthe field
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2010
tkb417:

whats this one talking about?
his job is to fight Kung fu onthe field

He made a mistake and so what?

Didn't the same thing happen to Uruguay against France? what was the scoreline? the Uruguayans held their own and the game ended in a draw.

Let's face it, we lost because we were not GOOD ENOUGH. EOD.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2010
[size=18pt]Lagerback: Nigeria’s best players not in Eagles[/size]
By Our ReporterPublished 1/03/2010 SportsRating: Unrated
NIGERIA will have to brace up for a new team for the World Cup after new coach, Lars Lagerback, said he believes that several of the country’s top players have been shut out of the team.

“There are some good Nigerian players who are not playing for the national team at the moment, whom I strongly believe should be playing for the Super Eagles,” declared Lagerback, who will address a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday.

“I strongly believe that the best players of every country should be in the national team. I have been in touch with Nigerian players, both young and old, and I am quite familiar with their performances week in, week out. “I therefore plan to select the best for Nigeria because the best should be playing for the national team.” Lagerback continued:

“The players, just like in any team, have to accept the new challenge. They need to know that things may be done in an unfamiliar way.”
Besides his tactical shortcomings, former Nigeria coach, Shuaibu Amodu, was often criticised for his team selection, picking injured or off-form players to the dismay of many.

And then when push comes to shove it turns out that the same players used so far by Lagerback back are the very players he refered to as not the best. what happened?

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/37986/1/Lagerback-Nigerias-best-players-not-in-Eagles/Page1.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Confusion: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
Reporter: Why did you run away from home?
Child:       because everybody beats me

Reporter: So where do you hope to Stay now?
Child:      I want to stay Super Eagles

Reporter: Why do you want to stay with them?
Child:       because they dont beat anyone
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2010
TBK47

even Lagerback knows that he has not selected the best 23 in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by medjai(m): 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2010
What did Sani Kaita do that has never been done? Is he the first to be sent off in a world cup game. We are just making him the scape goat for our coach's technical naivity. Even when Kaita hadnt been sent off, we were purposeless. We scored a fluke goal. The same hapless display against Argentina was on repeat yesterday. The SE once again approached the game without a known game plan than to resort to Enyeama's heroics. Lagerback's credentials as a coach was put to test yesterday and we all know the outcome
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2010
But Amodu was blamed for the goal Taiwo Taye caused against the Tunisians in Abuja, it's Amodu, so he should be blamed.

Any manager who is worth his socks would know that the most vulnerable time for a team to conceed a goal is when they ve just scored thats why managers jump up to and tell the players to get back and concentrate and stay focus, 1 minute after the Tunisia passed due to lack of concentration they score, and thats how they equalised the first goal, but Amodu didnt show no concern, you would think his mind is a 1000 miles away from the game been played
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2010
medjai:

What did Sani Kaita do that has never been done? Is he the first to be sent off in a world cup game. We are just making him the scape goat for our coach's technical naivity. Even when Kaita hadnt been sent off, we were purposeless. We scored a fluke goal. The same hapless display against Argentina was on repeat yesterday. The SE once again approached the game without a known game plan than to resort to Enyeama's heroics. Lagerback's credentials as a coach was put to test yesterday and we all know the outcome

The whole focus on Kaita is diversionary

At least the Nation is talking about Kaita's mistake instead of the pedestrain nature of our team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2010

Didn't the same thing happen to Uruguay against France? what was the scoreline? the Uruguayans held their own and the game ended in a draw.

and did i say we were better than Greece on the day?
NO: we were not because of a lotta of factors

same way UTD lost to Bayern after they were cruising at 3-0

same way Germany conceded a goal as soon they were a man down

when factors u cannot control happen, u lose

Kaitas factor is one major factor, the jabulani ball, the injuries to Taiwo and Echejile;
those were the reasons we were not good enuff on the day
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by medjai(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
plus we have a prosaic coach
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2010

Question:

Why was David Ginola never invited to play for the national again?

Ans: France were 10 seconds away of qualifying for USA 94, before Ginola had a rush of madness which Kostadinov scored from,

Remember the guy the scored the own goal for Colombia?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

Sam Adekugbe's Mother Overjoyed At Her Son's World Cup Debut For Canada / Football Prophecy For 2016 / Teddy Bears As Spectators During Korea League Games (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.