Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 - Sports (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 (38195 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 44% (111 votes)
Draw: 11% (28 votes)
Lose: 43% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

TV Broadcasters For Nigeria Vs South Africa / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos) / Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by annyplenty(m): 1:13am On Jun 23, 2010
Maybe they need to be locked up in a room and blow Vuvuzela into their ears for one full year, maybe getting used to Vuvuzela will them hear words.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by houvest: 1:14am On Jun 23, 2010
STOP PRESS. WANTED: A TOP STRIKER FOR EAGLES.(the adjective super is suspended for now.) POSITION HAS BEEN VACANT SINCE THE EXIT OF AGHAGHOWA. DEFENDERS POSITIONS VACANT SINCE THE EXIT OF UCHE OKECHUKWU AND PASTOR WEST. MIDFIELDERS NEEDED SINCE OLISEH AND JAYJAY STEPPED ASIDE. WINGERS MISSING SINCE AMUNIKE AND FINIDI BADE FAREWELL. OMG ITS LIKE ITS THE WHOLE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Princek12(m): 1:18am On Jun 23, 2010
houvest:

STOP PRESS. WANTED: A TOP STRIKER FOR EAGLES.(the adjective super is suspended for now.) POSITION HAS BEEN VACANT SINCE THE EXIT OF AGHAGHOWA. DEFENDERS POSITIONS VACANT SINCE THE EXIT OF UCHE OKECHUKWU AND PASTOR WEST. MIDFIELDERS NEEDED SINCE OLISEH AND JAYJAY STEPPED ASIDE. WINGERS MISSING SINCE AMUNIKE AND FINIDI BADE FAREWELL. OMG ITS LIKE ITS THE WHOLE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think the whole team needs to be disbanded, with the exception of Kalu, maybe Nsofor, and maybe Martins. But Martins missed a one on one.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by adconline(m): 1:22am On Jun 23, 2010
what's this coach's romance with Yakubu?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Princek12(m): 1:32am On Jun 23, 2010
This picture pretty much sums up Nigeria's performance today. In Yoruba tradition, we refer to it as "yepa"; "oriyami"'; "Olodumare"

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 23, 2010
This picture pretty much sums up Nigeria's performance today. In Yoruba tradition, we refer to it as "yepa"; "oriyami"'; "Olodumare"

@Princek12
LMAO grin grin  grin
No amount of words can really express the looks of disappointment on those faces; that one on Martins is a killer, I tell u. grin

Yakubu better defect or seek for asylum in Korea b4 it is too late cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 23, 2010
swoosh:

I said it from the very start that Tunisia would have been a better representative for Africa. Of all the African representatives, Nigeria's performance was the most horrible. Other teams lost but at least they played good football. Thank God there was an interesting Wimbledon match going on
And recall that it was Amiodu who was coach then.For those ppl saying that Amiodu should be brought back as national coach to the super eagles they should remember that Amiodu Shaibu said it with his wn mouth that all our local players are no good and that he will continue fielding foreign based players.If Shaibu is brought back to the super eagles what magic can he perform?
Abeg we need someone who is ready to work and not someone looking about for ready made materials.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 23, 2010
Buzugee i agree with what u said.Americans are arrogant and racists and they are the ones who are quick to throw racial slurs at anyone with a dark skin.98 percent of Americans are hard core nazis and here is a proof of it.

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by bawomolo(m): 3:59am On Jun 23, 2010
i find it interesting that a country that is 98% hardcore nazi has jews in its supreme court and senate.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by truly: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2010
bidemi12:

think about it. the best football of our lives was displayed when westerhof was in charge. the man understood us like no other and knew what made us tick. like everything in Nigeria we never built on the foundation laid by him and automaticaly assumed that we can survive without planning. My advice; bring him back. find out what he did and how he did it and attach competent people to replace him when the time is right. i know a lot of people will cry foul with this suggestion but like everything in naija logic escapes most of us. they will say "move on, we don't need him". well i have news for you. we have moved on and it has been downhill ever since. My other advice; line every person in NFF agains a wall. it does not matter which wall and shoot them. blow them all to hell. BASTARDS.
What did Westerhof achieve after leaving Nigeria - virtually nothing
How many coaches after him had direct access to a vice president - none
Under what circumstances did Westerhof leave Nigeria after USA 94
Under what circumstances did he recently leave the Kwara Football Academy?

We should look for a coach with current achievements, not people basking in past glory!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by truly: 4:06am On Jun 23, 2010
tom28:

And recall that it was Amiodu who was coach then.For those ppl saying that Amiodu should be brought back as national coach to the super eagles they should remember that Amiodu Shaibu said it with his wn mouth that all our local players are no good and that he will continue fielding foreign based players.If Shaibu is brought back to the super eagles what magic can he perform?
Abeg we need someone who is ready to work and not someone looking about for ready made materials.
In what ways have the local players impressed us
How many of them did Lagerback use at the end if the day
Imagine what we would have said if Amodu had been in charge in SA
It is not the job of national coaches to discover talent
Clubs do those
How many talents have capello, del bosque discovered since they took over national teams?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by novaman: 4:30am On Jun 23, 2010
I wish the guys at the NFF or NFA will be replaced by people like Kojo Williams who understands football as well as the business aspect of it, John Fashanu who is also a successful businessman and an Ex-Footballer; we DON'T need people with that have never handled business solely built from scratch into a multimillion dollar business but they must have shown serious commitments to the game. We need people who understands the language of money, who don't feel threatened by the figures in Naira or Dollars, but possess the ability to control them; we need men or (and) ladies that have handled businesses of their own that is way past $100Million; we need people in the quality of Danny Jordan CEO SA2010, we need men of character.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by novaman: 4:47am On Jun 23, 2010
I know not many people will like it, but I feel we should immediately ask Siasia to handle the next phase of the team for the Nations Cup, assisted by John Obuh who will handle the U-21 as well as U-23, both of them can join hands to create a STRONG SQUAD, they should be task with the responsibility of reaching the Semi-Final or Final of the next nations cup 2012, while the nations cup in 2013 (one year after due to the change by CAF) they should aim for the cup, then the next will be the World Cup qualifiers and the World Cup in Brazil 2014.

As an aside, we need to improve on the development of our league, I have made suggestion here in the past, am going to dig that out and work on it again for your review and recommendation.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Sike(m): 5:26am On Jun 23, 2010
Before d count to 3, i want dat STUPID MEGA-FUCKIN WINGLES EAGLES to meet me here in 9ja 2nait. Make dem no even wait till 2morow.
(Pshwt!! Wey my Paracetamol self)?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 23, 2010
truly:

In what ways have the local players impressed us
How many of them did Lagerback use at the end if the day
Imagine what we would have said if Amodu had been in charge in SA
It is not the job of national coaches to discover talent
Clubs do those
How many talents have capello, del bosque discovered since they took over national teams?
Were not the players of Eyimba local players?
How many eyimba players are in the super eagles?(apart frm ex eyimba player vincent eyeama)
Did England appoint Capello two months to the world cup ?
The point is that we nigerians love the fire brigade approach.As usuall we will fire Lagerback and maybe oppoint Amiodu once again and our football would be going on a merry go round.Preparing two months to the world cup is not enough.Imagine yourself preparing two days to the exam u would expect nothing but failure.It is the duty of the coach to scout for boys while the local league matches begin and nigeria should start preparing in time for major football fiestas like the the nations cup and the world cup.Enough of our fire brigade appraoch.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 23, 2010
bawomolo:

i find it interesting that a country that is 98% hardcore nazi has jews in its supreme court and senate.
Has the gang killings in chicago ceased yet.158 ppl dead from the gang war currently going on in chicago, phew!
Sounds like WW3.American cops are too fat and lazy to fight crime.

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by bawomolo(m): 5:45am On Jun 23, 2010
black gangbangers killing black gangbangers is definitely the fault of white people. oh yeah that makes sense.

no-snitching policy was made by white people right?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by dayokanu(m): 5:49am On Jun 23, 2010
^^ Na everybody you dey answer? Dont you know white men are the cause of Yakubus atrocious miss
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2010
bawomolo who cares if its black americans killing themselves in chicago.both black and white americans are hateful towards other ppl and they are all the same anyway.i just pray america gets eliminated frm the world cup very soon.look at the racist bs they are spittin on ESPN and mind u ESPN is an american sports channel.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by mbulela: 6:10am On Jun 23, 2010
novaman:

I wish the guys at the NFF or NFA will be replaced by people like Kojo Williams who understands football as well as the business aspect of it, John Fashanu who is also a successful businessman and an Ex-Footballer; we DON'T need people with that have never handled business solely built from scratch into a multimillion dollar business but they must have shown serious commitments to the game. We need people who understands the language of money, who don't feel threatened by the figures in Naira or Dollars, but possess the ability to control them; we need men or (and) ladies that have handled businesses of their own that is way past $100Million; we need people in the quality of Danny Jordan CEO SA2010, we need men of character.

guy no dey make this kind comment for public forum o!!
How you go dey mention Fashanu as man of Character an successful business man?
Which character and which business has he been successful at?
He may be an ex footballer but that does not make him a good football administrator.
He wants to reap where he did not sow.
He refused to identify with our football and now wants to reap from the same football now that the harvest is ripe.
We need real men, yes but not hustlers like John Fashanu.
We need men that would face the mess our football is in, realistically.
Not name droppers like Fashanu.
We need change, yes.
but not change for the sake of it.
No more hustlers.
We have had enough of them ruining a game that brings happiness to both the rich and the poor.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by MandingoII(m): 6:27am On Jun 23, 2010
bawomolo who cares if its black americans killing themselves in chicago.both black and white americans are hateful towards other ppl and they are all the same anyway.i just pray america gets eliminated frm the world cup very soon.look at the racist bs they are spittin on ESPN and mind u ESPN is an american sports channel.

[size=16pt]JEALOUS[/size] and misinformed.

just because you in PAIN because your team is inept in scoring goals , don't take that crap out on other people.

At the end of the day , Nigeria will still be Eliminated, and Most Americans don't care about Soccer.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by omar22(m): 6:34am On Jun 23, 2010
the difference between Lagerback and Maradona

Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by princekevo(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2010
Princek12:

You need a coach to motivate them to fight for the nation. How can a foreign coach motivate the players?

I found it hard to believe the above statement. How can you say we need to motivate someone like Yakubu, Yobo etc, knowing what was at stake. May you expected the coach to equally with a cain for those that intetionaly chosed to be useless. Coach would have floged Yakubu for missing an open net goal or Martins for missing face to face goal. What again can a coach do for them with so many chances created that even a 1 year old kid could score. Yet our useless strikers wasted all.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Kx: 7:38am On Jun 23, 2010
In summary, nigerian players are below average players. little wonder they are bench warmers in europe.
Interestingly, our world cup record is [size=14pt]419[/size].
draw 4
win 1
loss 9

In a country that ranks high in corruption and other vices, is it a mere coinincidence?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by tkb417(m): 7:44am On Jun 23, 2010
Kx:

In summary, nigerian players are below average players. little wonder they are bench warmers in europe
excellent point
someone was talking about coach to motivate them?
isnt that absolute bullshi.t?

someone is supposed to play in WC and yet hes not motivated? so what motivates him?
warming bench in Hull city or polonia warsaw?

even Mourhinho will lose with these set of players that cannot put ball in an empty net?
the coaches work has shown, they could create chances, how on earth martins and yakubu have turned to what they are today is a wonder

we need new set of players

i dont know when or where well get them

maybe before 2020
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by marutimon: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2010
Interestingly, our world cup record is 419.
draw 4
win 1
loss 9

I think you missed the part where Nigeria didn't lose to Korea. They drew the game.
Win 4
Draws 2
Losses 8
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by djay4: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2010
The truth about everything is that corruption is working right from time the executive of NFA where given the job.

People who love football with great passion were not given opportunity to run the business.
Such people will not allow corrupt people to spoil the boys.
Such people will not let people select players or decide for the coach.
Such people will be consistent and plan ahead before the next world cup.
These people must be ready to die for Nigeria and the new boys to be selected.

Do Nigerians love Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by ajalio(f): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2010
Kx:

In summary, nigerian players are below average players. little wonder they are bench warmers in europe.
Interestingly, our world cup record is [size=14pt]419[/size].
draw       4
win          1
loss          9

In a country that ranks high in corruption and other vices, is it a mere coinincidence?

Well, if I can still count, the world cup record is 518

draw   5
win      1
loss     8

even if it may feel as like 419.

btw, the crossfoot in both cases is 14, Is it a sign to 2014?  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by djay4: 8:40am On Jun 23, 2010
EFCC needs to probe NFF. The President should give order to EFCC to investigate NFF.

What was the agreement between Lagerbarg and the officials of NFF. What was the agreement of monies between the two before the coach was given the contract. What were the exchange of monies during and before the final selection of players. Probe the entire thing before we start preparation for the next world cup.

DO Nigerians Love Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by Roforofo(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2010
d-jay:

The truth about everything is that corruption is working right from time the executive of NFA where given the job.

People who love football with great passion were not given opportunity to run the business.
Such people will not allow corrupt people to spoil the boys.
Such people will not let people select players or decide for the coach.
Such people will be consistent and plan ahead before the next world cup.
These people must be ready to die for Nigeria and the new boys to be selected.

Do Nigerians love Nigeria

Are Nigerians ready to die for Nigeria?   No.

Do Nigerians love Nigeria? Not really We love Nigeria in a nostalgic sense when discussing our "homeland" especially those abroad and of course we love our family and friends but corruption has turned Nigeria and Nigerians into  an "every man for himself" nation.

The bitter truth is that our leaders don't care about us, we also don't care about them or the country. Reason why any Nigerian with half a brain will dump their Nigerian passport and burn it if offered a chance to have an European or US passport. I am sure if a cruise ship arrived in Lagos offering people a chance to leave Nigeria to work as SLAVES in America today that ship will sink in Apapa Wharf due to overload. That is how desperate people are to get out of the country.  Like many of us our footballers are no different and they also do not send the country as they are rich, have or are aiming for foreign passports and they know that if they stop playing football nobody for Naija go send them. Second bass jare! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by SoJaded: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2010
^^^^^^^^
confirmed yarns make all the nigeria my country loudmouths go and sit down.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 by djay4: 8:57am On Jun 23, 2010
Super eagles are not patriotic and NFF too

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Decided To Leave Juventus (Photos) / Oliseh Vs. Enyeama And The Impending Doom / Lampard Rages At His Squad After Conceding 90th Minute Goal Against West Ham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.