Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

The Devil In The Suit - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil In The Suit (89603 Views)

The Devil In The Altar / Devil In Red (story) / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Ann2012(f): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
Interesting story you've got here

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by lonesome501(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
iwrite,,do sumthng abt d updates,,it z coming too slow..and ar u d one posting dz same story on wattpad??

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
Thanks Ann2012. I'm really sorry about the updates @lonesome501 and yes i'm also the one posting on wattpad. It's my story. Glad you follow it on wattpad. Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by xaviercasmir(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
The update is very intresting and nicely composed. Your descriptive about the whole thing is really cool. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Silver1996(m): 8:28am On Jun 27, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2018
Chapter 6
Chapter title: in which she fights back.

"She's a keeper, Mr. Coker" Mr. Ajayi commented, giving Daniel a friendly pat on the back.

Daniel nodded lost in his fascination that was her. How did she know so much about the new brand? so she had a brain after all or maybe she's an alcoholic. His mind forayed Genevieve getting drunk in a bar and wearing indecent clothes. He shuddered at the thought. He was unaware that all the board members took their leave already.

"Sir, are you alright? You zoned out" Genevieve looked worried and confused, raising a brow discreetly. He shook his head, a thought coming to mind. He knew she was expecting a positive commentary regarding her contribution but he wasn't going to give in just easily.

"You didn't tell me you were an alcoholic Genevieve" he gave a conceited, irritatingly smug. He watched her gamut of sudden negative emotions displayed on her facials. Her chagrin expression was definitely one to save forever.

"I'm not sir" she replied in disbelief and exasperation as they strolled to his office.

How can he say that to me? she thought. An alcoholic. Seriously?

She was about to tell him she worked for his company as a BA few weeks ago but his voice interrupted her.

"It's nice to actually know that you find pleasure drinking our beers"

"Sir i-"

"No need to explain yourself Genevieve, I have a lot of work to do. I'll call you if I need your assistance" he dismissed her swifty and took his seat. Genevieve rolled her dark brown eyes as she came out of the office, spotting Sofia.

"You! didn't you learn your lesson the other day? What are you still doing here?" Sofia sneered, eyeing Genevieve.

"I'm working if you could excuse me" Genevieve lips rose into a lop-sided smile, making sure to cross her legs over the other as she sat on her chair. She was aware that Sofia's eyes were almost as wide as China, following Genevieve's every movement. Sofia was dumbfounded but she soon recovered and huffed going into the CEO's office.

"Sir, the documents you asked to produce. I made sure to add the company's logo on each paper"

Daniel heard Sofia say. He motioned to his desk and she dropped it, bending over and knowingly exposing her cleavage to his view but he didn't even spare to give her a glance.

"Sir" Sofia voiced out, trying to get his eyes fixed on her boobs. But his eyes remained rooted to his screen as he replied with a "yes?"

"You look tired sir, can I bring a cup of coffee to help lessen your stress?" she offered, eyeing him coquettishly.

He shook his head "Genevieve will get it"
She groaned internally, straightening up.

"Can I help you with anything else sir?" she smiled, batting her false eyelashes. Daniel looked up from his laptop. Oblivious to her intentions. He shook his head muttering a 'thank you'

"But sir-"

"I said I don't need your help Sofia, I have a PA who does that, now go back to work and get Genevieve!" He roared, visibly maddened at her persistence. She squirmed and scurried out of his office like a weeping magpie.

Daniel put his head on his table, frustrated. His father just had to pass the company's ownership to him even before he retired. He should be out with his friends screwing hot models but here he was.

Without his PA telling him, he knew he had meetings to attend to since they were now refurbishing the 'Spirax' beer's content. He suddenly felt a hand lightly touch him like soft feather fanning his fingers. He brought his head up and stared at Genevieve, she was suddenly invading his thoughts. He looked at the anxiety in her eyes that made him wonder how it would look like if she was happy. Her fulls lips and tender face like an angel, taking away his sorrows and drowning them with fulfilled wishes and betterments. His mind suddenly displayed their
Writhing bodies atop silk sheets. He shook his head, returning from erotic land. He peered at her lips, it moved but it didn't make out words until he finally heard her clearly.

"Sir, is everything alright?"

He shook his head, angry at himself for sinking so low, thinking of his PA in a shameless way. He needed distraction- something to erode those thoughts. He cleared his throat, getting up.

"When I said I didn't want you dressing like a kid, I didn't mean you should dress like a stripper instead, trying to seduce me. Are you?" he accused, facing her with a bland expression drawn across his face. Genevieve was shocked to the maximum her brain discarding all forms of serenity.

"What?!" But he didn't complain about the clothes earlier so why now?. Firstly, he called her clothes inappropriate and now he called her a stripper out of all names. To hell with the job. She was going to put him in his place and if he wanted to fire her he could go ahead or maybe not she'd prefer.

"You heard me"

"With all due respect sir, I've never tried to impress anyone in my entire life, so why should I start now? You barely know me sir and you- you accuse me of this!!"

"How dare you raise your voice at me-" he started but she wasn't going to give him a chance to speak. The tables turned.

"How dare you accuse me of seducing you. Why would i wanna- Look, look at this. It's almost getting to my ankles" she tugged at the hem of her grey skirt. "My shirt isn't even see through compared to Sofia's"
she paused, advancing and stopped in front of him. He towered over her and she thought she was tall. She was a 5'9 but she seemed like a 5'4 in front of his 6'3 nonsense. She stared directly in his black eyes, all emotions drained from her face. The fragile dam she built around her temper, bursting at his utterance of the word 'stripper' and she continued.

"Now I know you clearly don't know the meaning of a stripper. If I wanted to be one. I would be blinking rich by now but no- I chose to work instead, never depending on anyone. I-i" she choked, her eyes glistening with tears. She wiped it out furiously. She wouldn't let him have the satisfaction of seeing her weak.

"I don't care what happens from here but I know that one day everything will be alright with me but you?" She looked at him in irritation then whirled around, walking away.

Daniel stood there dumbfounded, a wave of anger surged through him as he stared at the door. No one ever spoked to him in that manner. He knew he hit home when he called her a stripper but he didn't know she was a ticking bomb ready to explode in just a contact. Many thoughts raced through his mind leaving him in a pile of frustration. He couldn't fire her, he knew he couldn't. The board loved her and there was nothing he could do about it. No one was bold enough to raise their voice here but she did in a blink of an eye. He needed to sit and he did, he clenched his jaw. It was his fault for pushing the button he knew that but he never knew the surprises that came with doing that minuscule act. And he thought he needed to go for anger management class but she certainly did.

Genevieve sighed, sitting on her office chair, she knew she would be fired anytime soon, she saw it coming though. Speaking to the boss in such a despicable manner. Who was she? his mother? She let out a harsh breath as the voice of the boss sounded through the intercom.

"If Mr. Morris comes just hand him the duplicated copy. No guests needed"

"Why would you talk to your boss like that now eh Genevieve. You shouldn't have" Mrs Miller disputed "what if he decides to fire you"

"Mum, he called me a stripper and it's not my fault I let anger blind my vision. If he decides to fire me then I guess it wasn't God's plan from the beginning" Genevieve shrugged, she wasn't going to feel guilty for opening her boss's eyes to the truth. He totally deserved it all.

"But you need to be careful my child. He has power and the authority remember?"

"I know mum, I know" Genevieve sighed exasperatedly as she got up from the couch, muttering a "goodnight mum" before going into her room and jumping on her bed. She looked at the ceiling unable to flutter her eyes shot. She needed the pay. She couldn't help but wish he wouldn't strip her off her job the next day if he did, it meant that she had to start over again, going online searching for jobs.

Her iPhone beamed beside her and she snatched it from the bed. She stared at the phone, trying so hard to stop her beating heart. It felt as if it was going to escape from her ribcage. It was a message from Daniel. Her mum hasn't seen the phone yet, she was scared, what was her Mum going to say about the expensive phone.

Her fingers shook, apprehension surged through her as she opened the message. Was this how he was going to dismiss her? Through a text?

Daniel: Tomorrow at 8 sharp, no excuses.

She sighed in relief, closing her eyes.

A/n i can't believe we lost the match sad I still thank God we made it this far. Back to the story. What do you think y'all? how would she survive working for him without repeating that scene . the next episode will be exciting. A turn of events, so stick around for it guys. (Wink). Thank you

5 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks Xavier and silver

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by xaviercasmir(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Ann2012(f): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the update

Daniel doesn't want to accept the fact that he's interested in Genevieve, he sees her as someone who he can't be romantically involved with.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Opeade939(f): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
Lovely Story Bae.....

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Bluehaven(m): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2018
Iwrite, how often should we expect updates?

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Lovruemu(f): 8:01am On Jun 28, 2018
Well done Iwrite,it's fascinating and I love it.am a fan . please keep me updated with this post.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by hAlexandro(m): 8:28am On Jun 28, 2018
Thrilling I love this piece kindly mention when it's updated plssss

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Lizilicious(f): 8:58am On Jun 28, 2018
I've been checking my phone since yesterday for an update but it didn't happen..
Pls can you just try and be posting two chapters cos one ain't enough for me..

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2018
Please o, UPDATES!!

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by avrigge2345: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2018
WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT TRAINING IN LAGOS, FOR FREE

Do you want to become a professional web designer?
Are you interested in learning how to design websites?
Do you want to acquire ICT skills that will make you self employed?
Do you want to learn a skill that is not only financial rewarding but highly sought-after?

If the answer to the question above is yes, then you have come to the right place.

7th of July, 2018 is the Date
Website Design and Development is the course
FREE, as in Zero Naira is the fee
Practical Training Session is the Game
Ikeja, Lagos is the Center
Bringing your Laptop along with writing material is the requirement
And UNLIMITED INTERNET WIFI for FREE for Early participants

N.B: The participants for the Last FREE program are blessed ICT-Centrically and grateful for this incredible platform
Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2018
Chapter 7
Chapter title: When he hits rock bottom.

It's been a month since Genevieve started working for the company. And Daniel Coker wasn't subtle on making her days a living hell but the huge salary was all she could think of.

Everyone was shocked seeing her last a month, they expected her to runoff or probably get fired by the boss. She was still there, which made the headlines in their own worlds. Tope even went ahead, couldn't stifle her curiosity anymore.

"It's been a month and you're still here Genevieve, how do you do it now?"

Genevieve simply gave a humorous chuckle "you really don't wanna know. But I thought he had a PA before me and she didn't run off"

"Who told you that?" Tope laughed hysterically, trying to even her breath. Genevieve frowned, wondering if she wore a cartoon character.

"Mr. Augustine of course, he said she went on a maternity leave" Genevieve eyed Tope as she settled on her chair. Then Tope followed.

"I doubt that. I don't think that's the reason"

"But she was your coworker, didn't you see her tummy?"

Tope gave her a blank look "Tesha always look like she's expecting a child"

"What are you trying to say Tope" Genevieve snickered, holding her chest.

"I-its L-like she, she. Oh my gosh! She has the whole uni- universe in her stomach. Genevieve stop, you're killing me here" Tope laughed looking at Genevieve who had slumped on the tiled ground, curled up and laughing like a loon.

"Tope I'm dead. You killed me!" Genevieve yelled clutching her stomach. The hilarity was so tense that her stomach ached "ah, my stomach!"

"Genevieve, quit acting like a child joor, get up na. I will-" Tope stopped gaping at a figure behind Genevieve's chair in alarm. Genevieve noticed Tope's sudden silence. She knew who it was. It was so embarrassing, seeing her literally on the floor. She sighed, getting up.

"Sir, i-" she started.

"Get me my coffee" Daniel said briskly and walked in his office. Tope stared at Genevieve, eyebrows rose in puzzlement. But Genevieve only shrugged. She was too familiar with Mr. Coker already.

It was already 8pm and it was obvious to a blind man that it was about to rain, a torrential pour. The lightening sounds were prominent enough to scare the bogey man. Genevieve scurried for the files, shuffling them in a haste. It was her mum's birthday and she promised to get her a cake. She sighted Daniel coming out of his office and she got up, going to him.

"Sir, I wanted to ask if I could leave early today since I've completed the files and no other schedules till tomorrow" she pleaded.

"I'm not done with you yet. So I'm sorry, you can't" he spoke blankly, heading to the lift, she exhaled, following him.

"Sir please, just this once. It's my mum's birthday and I promised to get her something. please"

"I thought I heard myself say no" he snapped, clicking his tongue.

"Sir-"

"Go to my office, get those files on the table, the ones in a brown binder, review them and make necessary corrections" he ordered and got in the lift. She watched as the door closed, tears streaming down her eyes. She wiped them out furiously. She could do this, just review them and that's it. A piece of cake, she fortified herself before entering into his office but slumped on the ground, her eyes scanning a heap of papers disarranged, she let out a soft cry as she got on her feet, taking the documents to her office and lazily dropping them on the table with a harsh sigh. How could someone be this ruthless? she thought. She pleaded with him to let her go but he blatantly refused, adding more salt to her wounds. She was done for. How would she get them done without spending the whole night here.

It was 10:30 and she was just half way done. She saw Daniel go into his office, without sparing her a glance. She sighed, bringing her head to her desk and she couldn't stop the tears from flooding her face. She promised her mum she was going to buy a cake this year. She didn't know that she was fully crying and the harsh weather wasn't helping.

"Genevieve" she heard Daniel say, she jolted in her seat, bringing her very unappealing face in front of him. She blinked away the tears blinding her vision and wiped her nose in the process.

"I begged you sir, look, I can't even go home because of the rain" she whimpered, getting up.

"Genevieve" he fixed his eyes on her, saying softly, almost like a whisper. And was slowly making his way to her desk.

"How could someone be this arrogant? I asked just to go home earlier than before but you gave me more documents to review. You treat me like an animal!" she snarled, making sure to use her hands for effect. How would she explain to her siblings that her boss trapped her with essence work. They wouldn't understand. Especially little Joel. They were all ecstatic when they heard she was buying a cake but now He ruined it all.

"Genevieve" he whispered again. His black eyes clouded with a passion she couldn't decipher.

"Why do you hate me this much? How can anyone be this ruthless, mean, self-centered, selfish, despica-" she was cut short by a punishing kiss, keeping her utterances mute. It was soft at the same time seeking and demanding. Her lips were numb and her eyes wide until it slowly began to flutter close as if on reflex. She visibly relaxed under his touch, letting the fire consume her totally, he smiled, deepening the kiss but as she felt his tongue brush her lips, demanding her to open up. she jolted back to reality, pushing his hard clothed chest back. Her brain fully alert and returned from ecstasy.

Her eyes bristled with rage and she gave him a hard slap."How dare you! You- aargh!" she yelled, wiping her mouth vigorously to get rid of his scent but it was nearly impossible.

She picked up her bag and went straight to the lift. Her brain in overdrive. Daniel stood there gob-smacked, saying nothing. She got out of the gargantuan building, her hatred for Daniel increased to a whole new level. He stole her first kiss, something she willingly kept for her Mr. Right. She knew it was silly, waiting on prince charming under a full lit gazebo but she had her own fair chance of having a fairy tale Disney love romance.

"Madam Genevieve, ahh even your name sef carry weight. See figure, eewo! wetin dem dey call that pageant something? Eh, eh, MBGN. e fit you wella" Okon beamed, the security guard. He was on a night duty, Genevieve was very fond of him, always complimenting her looks and calling her a celebrity but this wasn't the right time. But nevertheless, she forced out a pale smile, nodding in acknowledgement.

"Chai! See teeth, madam you sure say you no be model? You con disguise yourself for here?" He continued his rusty banter, Genevieve knew she couldn't possibly put all her rage on him, so she politely said a 'thank you'

"Wetin con make you stay this late na? all employees don go already. E no safe here. Wait, make I go look for cab for you" he offered but she retracted him.

"Thanks Okon, I'll do that myself, you know you are on duty right now" she reminded.

"True o me sef don forget, oya take umbrella, you know say I no wan let your hair soak water" Okon laughed, handing her the company's owned umbrella previously resting on his knees.

"Thanks Okon this will do" she again feigned a smile, moving towards the streets, making sure to glance back if there was a bus heading her way. She made silent prayers, requesting God to get her home safely that she was going to give a seed if HE does.

She noticed a vehicle slowing running down the road, it's headlights, inducing fear in her. She trudged faster, clasping her hands in prayer but the car seemed to increase in it's pace. Then she stopped and turned back, no sign of Okon. The car stopped too, sauntering it's window in the process. Then a manly head came into view.

Genevieve heartbeat increased rapidly. Was she about to get kidnapped? She thought. Her mum didn't have anything to offer kidnappers or maybe they were ritualist in there. She gasped, but the stranger made no effort in coming out of the vehicle. He only opened his mouth, making out words.

"Hey, what are you doing alone, walking all by yourself? I've been watching you for a while now" the stranger spoke and she panicked, making no attempt to talk. If she dies, she would make sure her ghost haunts Daniel to oblivion.

"Why don't you hop in, let me give you a ride home" Genevieve's eyes grew wide at the blatant nonsense.

"No thank you. So that you can kidnap, rape or murder me for money" she hissed, hastening her speed. He followed, chuckling.

"I'm not, believe me. If I were. I would have easily mauled you. Look around, no one's watching. This area is secluded remember?"

Genevieve gave him a blank expression. That's what they always say. So cliché "thanks for offering, I love my life"

"Who doesn't? It's really dark and a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be seen walking this late"

She was about giving him a negative reply when she heard Daniel yell out her name, she turned back, eyeing Daniel in all his evil glory, running towards her. She suddenly changed her mind and jogged over to the passenger's seat, urging the stranger to open up and he did. She didn't wait a spilt second as she scrunched her umbrella and slipped in then closed the door shut.

"You said you wanted to help me out, now's a good time" she yelled, her heart racing against her chest in an abnormal rate, he chuckled, stepping on the gas.

I'm so sorry for the wait guys. I'll try to update daily. Pls do comment. Thank you for reading.

3 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2018
hAlexandro post=Thrilling I love this piece kindly mention when it's updated plssss

@hAlexandro, it's on

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by marychommy(f): 11:40am On Jun 28, 2018
I doubt if Genny will be able to sleep tonight an make it to work d following morning. nix update pls update soon

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by hAlexandro(m): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2018
now I would have to wait till. 2moa again for another episode

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by pweetygiftofGod(f): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
Well done

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Lizilicious(f): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
We will definitely appreciate if u do it two chapters a day..
I wish that guy will just cut Genevieve head and use it for rituals...
How can u run from someone u know into a car of someone you don't know cos of one kiss...
Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Lizilicious(f): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
We will definitely appreciate if u do it two chapters a day..
I wish that guy will just cut Genevieve head and use it for rituals...
How can u run from someone u know into a car of someone you don't know cos of one kiss...
Mtcheew[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by ADUKKY(f): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Good job Iwrite, please let the updates flow steadily.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by akpota(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
I'm very passionate about your story. Please update it!!!

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by LeoFish92(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Iwrite:

I sent u a friend request on facebook, would love to get in touch with you

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Xeynab(f): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nice story...more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
Thanks so much guys. This much recognition my story is getting is mind-blowing. hAlexandro, ADUKKY, akpota, pweetygiftofGod, marychommy, xeynab, lizilicious. I'm sorry the update is slow. It's still ongoing which means I write literally everyday to meet up. LeoFish92 no problem and thank u for viewing this post. Thanks y'all, your comments are my inspiration.

lizilicious, don't hate on our Genny now. She's just clouded with different feelings she couldn't decipher and seeing how persistent the stranger was, she gave in. Lol, that's just how I imagined it.

3 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by chikason68(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
It will be selfishness in my part if i dont appreciate this wonderful work. Nice story u got here @Iwrite but in olivers' vioce "give us more update"

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by pweetygiftofGod(f): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
Right here and waiting wink

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by IAmXcessiz(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lovely story..... Please don't leave us hanging

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Pablo95(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mention me in ur next update pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Witches And Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.