Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:18 AM

Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News (2485 Views)

Jonathans Abuja House To Be Demolished! Senate Threatens To Demolish Houses / Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Ourturn(m): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2010
Gov. James Ibori, seems to be finding himself in many troubles. His Abuja house was yesterday broken into.

According to an insider, the assassins overpowered the security outfit, and rounded up everyone inside. After that, they started asking for Ibori who they alleged came into Abuja the night before. They ransacked the whole house, looking for him. The looked for Ibori for about hr1:30mins. One of the boys was overheard saying, 'how can they come all the way from Bayelsa, and met nothing?'. They later looted the house, in an operation that lasted from 2am to 5am. They collected cash and salaries from the staff who were paid, the same day, sources said. No cash was found in his room, as alleged, except for clothings and shoes and bags, which they carted away. The house is totally empty now, as nothing is said to be there any longer. Sources confirmed that, Ibori called several times from his Dubai base to be updated.

As confirmed by other watchers outside the house, the Commissioner of Police, and the DPO of Asokoro Police station and Senior CID officers, were sighted throughout in the house, yesterday. Secret security is now being engaged to work hand-in-hand with the other outfit there.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Ourturn(m): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2010
Ibori and the many troubles hanging on his neck.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Enjoyment1(f): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2010
Our-turn:

Ibori and the many troubles hanging on his neck.

What? shocked shocked shocked Again? shocked. Heard the daughter's house was raided, about two or three nights ago! Please can anyone confirm all the above?
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by nduchucks: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2010
Methinks Ibori arranged the raid himself in a pitiful attempt to help his cause of seeking assylum in Dubai. He will rot in jail soon enough, olodo.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by tempest01(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Methinks Ibori arranged the raid himself in a pitiful attempt to help his cause of seeking assylum in Dubai. He will rot in jail soon enough, olodo.
It is now that he is about to be brought to book that he is a target for assassination. leave these people jare,
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2010
Nonsense story.Ibori is in dubai and assassins tracking him at home. makes no sense.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2010
@tempest01

ur sig is wierd but i like it. how did u get it?
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by tempest01(m): 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
babaearly:

@tempest01

your sig is wierd but i like it. how did u get it?
ha ha i just got it yesterday,  just get the site that has the emotions smileys or the pic or gif file (mine is gif) then in the spot of signature in your profile page, u put [img]http://thesite[/img ]. no space
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2010
Source Please?
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Ourturn(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2010
aisha2:

Source Please?

Abuja Police Command, Abuja Special Anti-robbery Squad, and Asokoro Police command.

Infact, it was gathered that, when the incident happened, and someone went to make a report as at 7am at Asokoro Police station, the officers on nite duty refused to document. Rather, they asked them to wait till the morning officers resumed. I learnt the CP was angry when he heard. so he ordered all the night duty officers that day be arrested.

You can verify from those departments mentioned above.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by stormm: 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2010
Now the sympathy stories begin. Another strategy in the lifetime of a crook. Blv dis, u'll blv anything.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by desgiezd(m): 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2010
Has technology now developed to a level where someone who is in Dubai could be assassinated in Nigeria? Sympathy seeking organised crime, nonsense.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Ourturn(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2010
desgiezd:

Has technology now developed to a level where someone who is in Dubai could be assassinated in Nigeria? Sympathy seeking organised crime, nonsense.

I never expected anyone to believe the story, but I have the pictures of the damages done to the house here, but I will not post it here until the main robbers are apprehended. I will do so in the next 48 hours and by then, the robbers would have been rounded up. Some have been apprehended already, and some items recovered.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Ourturn(m): 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2010
Dont ask me whether I am a police man or detective that likes Nairaland? It is my own business.

It is a forum, where the good, the bad, and the ugly exist.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Oboma1(m): 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2010
Our-turn:

Gov. James Ibori, seems to be finding himself in many troubles. His Abuja house was yesterday broken into.

According to an insider, the assassins overpowered the security outfit, and rounded up everyone inside. After that, they started asking for Ibori who they alleged came into Abuja the night before. They ransacked the whole house, looking for him. The looked for Ibori for about hr1:30mins. One of the boys was overheard saying, 'how can they come all the way from Bayelsa, and met nothing?'. They later looted the house, in an operation that lasted from 2am to 5am. They collected cash and salaries from the staff who were paid, the same day, sources said. No cash was found in his room, as alleged, except for clothings and shoes and bags, which they carted away. The house is totally empty now, as nothing is said to be there any longer. Sources confirmed that, Ibori called several times from his Dubai base to be updated.

As confirmed by other watchers outside the house, the Commissioner of Police, and the DPO of Asokoro Police station and Senior CID officers, were sighted throughout in the house, yesterday. Secret security is now being engaged to work hand-in-hand with the other outfit there.

Hmmm! There is no point tagging it assassination attempt. It was an armed robbery attack. Someone at the IG's office confirmed this story.
They are trying to conceal it from the press. I learnt the Assistant Commissioner of Police for CID, visited the location today on mufti. Also, some of the items have been recovered.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by rebranded(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2010
his workers living in the house, robbed the house, simple!
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Alxmyr(m): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2010
Will the wicked ever have rest?
Lesson to all other Iboris walking on soil of Nigeria in convoy of cars under the guard of corrupt policemen.
Your days are numbered.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by isimili: 12:15am On Jun 07, 2010
Rubbish. Ndu Chuks and desijned i agree with you completely.

When you calim asylum, you need to show that the state is interested in your affairs and you are being prosecuted by them. Pointblank!!!!!!! Ibori is a criminal and it is pay back time. Staging robbery in his house and arranging the burning down of his house in Lagos is no good. he needs to up his game to a more convincing level.

By the way where the hell where Nigerian immigration and security services when he smeaked out? They need to answer us.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 07, 2010
I hope IBB and Obasanjo are next lol
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by CyberG: 3:11am On Jun 07, 2010
I hope NO one is deceived by the Ibori drama! Ibori is the ONE orchestrating all this madness about assassination, burning his house and all the BS so as to keep delaying justice by claiming to the foreign authorities in Dubai that he is being persecuted and hounded by some people in Nigeria!

Pray, is there anyone who does NOT know that Ibori is NOT in in Nigeria? Therefore, if really anyone wanted to assassinate him, he (or they) will have to get a visa, fly to Dubai and kill him. Why go looking for someone in a place when you know he is thousands of miles away in another known location?
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Ourturn(m): 8:25am On Jun 07, 2010
Well, as I said earlier, I may not say much for security reasons. According to SARS in FCT, a woman with a two month old baby is in their custody.

In her house, clothings, shoes, bags and other items were recovered from her. She also confessed aiding the robbers with food (in the hotel they stayed) and information for the operation.
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2010
Please i will need a credible source for this news. Thank you
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by lagbaja(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2010
'how can they come all the way from Bayelsa, and met nothing?'

and the assasins will be so stupid as to name where they came from. a stupid attempt by Ibori and his cohorts at implicating GJ and getting public sympathy
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Seun(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2010
Source?
Re: Abuja House: Ibori Survives Possible Assassination - Latest News by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
Seun:

Source?
aisha2:

Please i will need a credible source for this news. Thank you
aisha2:

Source Please?
I will have to lock this thread until you provide a credible source, and please desist from posting personal Information about Ibori without posting a credible link and Source. Thank you.

(1)

EFCC Raids NFA Secretariat / Atiku Asks Court To Dismiss Suit Challenging His Waiver / Our Diversity Should Be Our Source Of Strength, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.