Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child (6745 Views)

Chukwuma Bamidele Dies (Nnamdi-Azikiwe's First-Son) / Otedola In Trouble With Love Child’s Mum / Debe Ojukwu: My Father’s Love Child Was A “Hidden Agenda” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by migareigns(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2010
THE will of late Lagos lawyer, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, has been seen by the Saturday Tribune and this is authoritative.

In the will, it was revealed that the late lawyer and human rights activist had a child, Aishat, from a woman, whom he gave just a plot of land out of the large estate he left behind.

According to the will,  Aishat was the child of a third woman in Gani’s life, whose name his gave as Miss Bushiral Alabi.

Gani had only indicated in the will thus: “My child by Miss Bushiral Alabi is Miss Aishat Fawehinmi” and went on in No 8(d) of the document to say one plot out of the six plots of land he owned at Fagun Estate in Ondo town be given to her.

Other children that would share in the plots of land at Fagun Estate include a daughter of Gani’s first wife, Mrs. Rufukatu Fashipe (two plots); a son of his second wife, Mr. Saheed Fawehinmi (two plots) and the grandson of his late sister, Alhaja Ninilola Akinwande (one plot). 

Aishat’s mother, Bushirat, is to receive “a once for all assistance” of a sum not exceeding N1 million to enable her start a new life by trading or any other business and ‘remarry.’

“Once she is given that money, she must vacate the flat she occupies within two years of my death or if she is found pregnant by another man, whichever is earlier”, Gani had said in his will.

In the will left behind by late Lagos lawyer, houses and landed properties at Plot 9A and 9B at Ademola Close, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, comprising six houses and a gate house went to the deceased’s first wife, Ganiat; his first son, Mohammed and six other children from same mother.

He, however, gave strict instruction that the houses and the landed properties must not be sold in the life time of their mother and Mohammed, adding: “In view of the disability, Mr. Mohammed Fewehinmi, my eldest child and son, can choose where he may wish to live in any of the houses or any part of the houses in the premises except the small bungalow at the back of the premises which I built for my late mother.”

Consequently, the houses and landed properties at 28, Sabiu Ajose Crescent, Surulere, Lagos, comprising a bungalow with old boy’s quarters was bequeathed to his second wife, Abike and her six children namely, Rabiat, Aminat, Rukayat, Yusuf, Kamal and Taju. 

The second wife and her children are also to lay claim to Plot 138, Block 11 in Ondo State Housing Corporation Estate, Ijapo, Akure, comprising three bungalows.

Other relations of the late human rights lawyer and Nigerians generally also benefitted from the large estate and properties he left behind, and especially from Gani Fawehinmi Trust Account which he instructed should be created. This has been found to be in consonance with Gani’s philosophy and his large heartedness towards the down- trodden.

For instance, Gani directed that his large expanse of landed properties at Ugbo Ijebu, Off Okopa Road, Ondo, measuring 7.801 hectares should be sold at very good price by his Trustee and the proceeds be paid into Gani Fawehinmi Trust Account.

[url]http://gistboard.com/content/z-gani%E2%80%99s-will-made-lifetime-provisions-first-son-love-child[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
migareigns:

In the will, it was revealed that the late lawyer and human rights activist had a child, Aishat, from a woman, whom he gave just a plot of land out of the large estate he left behind.

According to the will,  Aishat was the child of a third woman in Gani’s life, whose name his gave as Miss Bushiral Alabi.

Gani had only indicated in the will thus: “My child by Miss Bushiral Alabi is Miss Aishat Fawehinmi” and went on in No 8(d) of the document to say one plot out of the six plots of land he owned at Fagun Estate in Ondo town be given to her.

Na wa oh.

So with all the choice properties Gani had scattered all around Lagos, all the 'love child' gets is a plot of land in Ondo town. . . . Not even akure  undecided

migareigns:

Aishat’s mother, Bushirat, is to receive “a once for all assistance” of a sum not exceeding N1 million to enable her start a new life by trading or any other business and ‘remarry.’

“Once she is given that money, she must vacate the flat she occupies within two years of my death or if she is found pregnant
by another man, whichever is earlier", Gani said

shocked shocked

Is that all she gets? Na wa oh.

Kai! Men!  grin grin

See conditions given to her.  Kai!!!

Another reason NOT to date married men (the guy had 3 wives already)
Another reason NOT to be a man's babymomma without a formal wedding!!!  undecided
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by otokx(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
As a Muslim he is entitled to 4 wives.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
this type of thing actually gives women the incentive to date married men.

some [not all] of them will provide for you and your child/ren, and after their death you're still included in the will.

though i suspect the woman may want more.

tricky situation sha, but not unusual. lipsrsealed
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by EzeUche(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2010
This is what Yoruba men are known for. . . undecided

We Igbo men known how to treat our ONE wife and do not normally cheat on them.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
cool
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
EzeUche:

grin cheesy grin

Warreva!!
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
tpia.:

this type of thing actually gives women the incentive to date married men.

some [not all] of them will provide for you and your child/ren, and after their death you're still included in the will.

though i suspect the woman may want more.

tricky situation sha, but not unusual. lipsrsealed

This one na yeye incentive.

Anyways, he's nice. He didn't ask for the kid to go through a DNA test unlike some other men.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2010
^gani is (was) smart.

he probably already did a dna test or else had a precise calculation of the time of conception.

whatever the case, looks like he had everything figured out in this matter.

the will seems very detailed.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by yemi2005(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good Nigerians
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by netotse(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2010
funkybaby:

Na wa oh.

So with all the choice properties Gani had scattered all around Lagos, all the 'love child' gets is a plot of land in Ondo town. . . . Not even akure  undecided

shocked shocked

Is that all she gets? Na wa oh.

Kai! Men!  grin grin

See conditions given to her.  Kai!!!

Another reason NOT to date married men (the guy had 3 wives already)
Another reason NOT to be a man's babymomma without a formal wedding!!!  undecided

ah ah funkybaby. . .you know i'mma always do right by you now. . .dont tu our asiri in public
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2010
e fi pelepele lo dating section oh wink
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2010
tpia.:

^gani is (was) smart.

he probably already did a dna test or else had a precise calculation of the time of conception.

whatever the case, looks like he had everything figured out in this matter.

the will seems very detailed.

Very very detailed.

See the wordings in the said will:
'one off payment'
'not exceeding'

Meaning, after the one mill given to her, she must not be given one kobo if she comes back to ask for more.

'2years to move out from the flat'
'but if she gets preg by another man, she moves out asap'

Kai !!!

The guy harsh. I always thought mistresses got the best treatment  grin grin
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2010
netotse:

ah ah funkybaby. . .you know i'mma always do right by you now. . .dont tu our asiri in public

Iwo ati tani

My personality repels married men grin grin
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by adconline(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2010
except the small bungalow at the back of the premises which I built for my late mother
He still respected and loved his mother till death.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by yemi2005(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2010
hello funky baby are u there?
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by netotse(m): 10:36pm On Jun 05, 2010
^^ yes, who are you. . .from where to where? young man this is not a dating section, we are discussing serious business here tongue
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by DrKitaun(m): 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
Yes! Funkybaby= serious business . . . or what do I say about someone who broke my heart cos am not from her hometown ?
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by netotse(m): 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Yes! Funkybaby= serious business . . . or what do I say about someone who broke my heart cos am not from her hometown ?
are you sure it was not because of your financial endowment. . .among others
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by DrKitaun(m): 12:42am On Jun 06, 2010
Do I have to resemble Dangote to keep Funkybaby ? Afterall she told me SHE LOVED ME MORE THAN HERSELF !
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Shock(m): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2010
Such precise will!

I suppose in the end, everyone understood what they meant to the old man!

The will also went further to show the level of respect he had for his first two wives who weathered every storm with him.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by netotse(m): 1:27am On Jun 06, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Do I have to resemble Dangote to keep Funkybaby ? Afterall she told me SHE LOVED ME MORE THAN HERSELF !

aww, make you dey dere. . .she told me i was her 'forever lover' grin [size=5pt]or what was it that guy said in MJ's 'the girl is mine'[/size]
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2010
yemi2005:

hello funky baby are u there?

yes? ki lo de?

Dr Kitaun:

grin grin grin grin

i have never hidden the fact that i have mad love for men from ijebu grin grin grin

Dr Kitaun:

***** sighs ******
grin grin grin grin grin grin

netotse:

aww, make you dey dere. . .she told me i was her 'forever lover' grin [size=5pt]or what was it that guy said in MJ's 'the girl is mine'[/size]

****** sighs ********
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by asiwaju: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2010
@funkybaby,

Are you saying Akure is better than Ondo?What is bad in giving a plot of land to a child in one home town?Ondo town is a great town,with wonderfull and great people.

Asiwaju.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by sjeezy8: 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
much respect I have uncles that are very wealthy and have beautiful Wives and take care of all of them.

Maybe ill be like that One day- If I dont marry ill probably just have different women to mother my children.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2010
asiwaju:

@funkybaby,

Are you saying Akure is better than Ondo?

yes. in terms of the monetary value of land in akure compared to ondo town

asiwaju:

What is bad in giving a plot of land to a child in one home town?

absolutely nothing wrong.
but other kids got choice property at ikeja, surulere and akure

asiwaju:
Ondo town is a great town,with wonderfull and great people.

i know.
they are very enterprising as well smiley
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 07, 2010
“Once she is given that money, she must vacate the flat she occupies within two years of my death or if she is found pregnant
by another man, whichever is earlier", Gani said
ROTFLMAO!

Even when dead. . . . . even when dead.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by oyinda3(f): 4:15am On Jun 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

much respect I have uncles that are very wealthy and have beautiful Wives and take care of all of them.

Maybe ill be like that One day- If I dont marry ill probably just have different women to mother my children.

family history definitely tells a lot about a guy.
i'll make sure to research my future hubby's family backgroud b4 going to the alter. make sure there are no divorces, polygamy and whatnot.

EzeUche:

I can't believe u even have the nerve to post this. after you cheated on me several times!!!
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by asiwaju: 7:36am On Jun 07, 2010
@funkybaby,

i dont know which state you come from,but believe me,you are absolutely wrong about a value of land in Ondo Town and Akure,a plot of land in Funbi Fagun,which Chief gave to his love child is worth millions,there is no cheap land in Ondo anymore.

And giving what you term choice properties to other children is chief personal decision,he knows why he did that,a plot of land in Ondo Town is also a choice and profitable property.

Asiwaju.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by funkybaby(f): 9:12am On Jun 07, 2010
asiwaju:

@funkybaby,

i dont know which state you come from,but believe me,you are absolutely wrong about a value of land in Ondo Town and Akure,a plot of land in Funbi Fagun,which Chief gave to his love child is worth millions,there is no cheap land in Ondo anymore.

And giving what you term choice properties to other children is chief personal decision,he knows why he did that,a plot of land in Ondo Town is also a choice and profitable property.

Asiwaju.

self proclaimed asiwaju of austria

i do not know which state you come from as well as honestly i do not give a Zap  undecided

its not rocket science to know that a plot of land in ijapo estate, akure or alagbaka GRA  is worth far more than a plot of land in ondo town.

and so you know, i know ondo very well so spare me any talk on land values.

you have your own opinion, i have mine, so stick to yours.

this is a blog. post your own opinions and i will post mine as well.
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
it all depends on the location in both towns concerned.

but akure real estate is very expensive. Prices are shooting through the roof, i think.

if the ondo land is situated in an exclusive area, it might match the akure prices, but i'm not sure.

Gani gave the children of the first wife mainly lagos property, while the children of the second wife got akure real estate.

just wondering about that. Looks like he wanted the first set based in lagos and the second set to have connections to akure. Is the second wife related to there?
Re: The A-z Of Gani’s Will - Made Lifetime Provisions For First Son, Love Child by DrKitaun(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
funkybaby:

self proclaimed asiwaju of austria

i do not know which state you come from as well as honestly i do not give a Zap  undecided

its not rocket science to know that a plot of land in ijapo estate, akure or alagbaka GRA  is worth far more than a plot of land in ondo town.

and so you know, i know ondo very well so spare me any talk on land values.

you have your own opinion, i have mine, so stick to yours.

this is a blog. post your own opinions and i will post mine as well.

ur red flag don dey wave ?

take time o . . . cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Man Of All Time, The Last 1000 Years. Here Is A List Top 25 / Police Ban Knock-Out This Season / Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.