Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup (9718 Views)

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by mamagee3(f): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2010
It was just reported that he would be playing in the World Cup after healing from his injuries.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2010
montelik:

1) Onigbinde was only appointed to take Nigeria to Japan/Korea 02. He never signaled an intention to take up the job long-term, so I doubt you can say he was sacked.

2) Chukwu was sacked after about 3 years in charge during which we placed 3rd at the ANC and were fumbling to qualify for Germany 06. Eventually we failed to qualify.

3) Keshi has never been chief coach of the SE. The only instance of sacking was when he (as an assistant to Amodu) was fired after the nation cup in 02, despite helping qualifying us for the world cup after Jo Bonfere left us in a ditch.

To answer your question highlighted above. Yes he is in different class compared to the people you mentioned above. Amodu has a more impressive record as super eagles coach (rivaled only by Westerhof). He has qualified Nigeria for 2 world cups. Yet he has been fired even though he met the targets of his employment contract.

medjai:

Chidichris,
i told you earlier that Amodu once coached Orlando Pirates in South Africa but you keep saying that Amodu is so technically inept that no one wants him some where else. I think you are one of those that will never see anything good in Amodu

Both of you, be wasting your time trying to debate logically with someone that is not mentally balanced.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2010
Chidichris,
i told you earlier that Amodu once coached Orlando Pirates in South Africa but you keep saying that Amodu is so technically inept that no one wants him some where else. I think you are one of those that will never see anything good in Amodu
so you dont know amodu was disgraced out of Orlando pirates?

this is what i got on amodus page in wiki

After the dismal performance of the Super Eagles in the 2010 African Cup of Nations as a result of the obvious lack of Techniques from Amodu, he was demoted to serve as the coach of the Nigerian B-team (Home-Based Eagles).[4]
obvious lack of technique shocked shocked shocked
even wiki could not hold that away from his wiki page
shocking shocked
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2010
tkb417:

obvious lack of technique shocked shocked shocked
shocking shocked

Bruv, wiki is written by ordinary people like you and me with opinions.

That was just someones opinion.

I have edited things on wiki, do you want me to take corrective action on that page? grin
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2010
Sagamite:

I have edited things on wiki, do you want me to take corrective action on that page? grin
you dont get it

im sayin even wiki described our performance as dismal and they also echoed our chants here about amodus glaring technical incompetence

im not saying wiki are right but at least they share the same sentiments with some of us
thats my point

its another thing entirely if you dont agree with them
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by medjai(m): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
@tkb
Anybody can go on wiki and type stuff. Besides, the quote from Wiki says nothing about his performance at Orlando Pirates.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
medjai:

@tkb
Anybody can go on wiki and type stuff.
exactly

that person also believes our performance was dismal and the man thought amodu was inept

make someone who share ur sentiments sef go post on wiki o grin grin grin
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by medjai(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2010
@tkb
na u post am for Wiki
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2010
medjai:

@tkb
na u post am for Wiki
hehe

go post ur own na grin grin

how u see nadal na pally?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by medjai(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ tkb
oya help me edit Amodu na, abeg him don over try. As for Nadal, make him bite that cup well well because him no go see cup bite for Wimbledon grin grin
anyway Federer equal Sampras 286 weeks as no.1. Fed na chairman, u sef sabi na cheesy
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by chidichris(m): 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2010

obvious lack of technique Shocked Shocked Shocked
shocking

@tkb417,
will it be right to say here that amodu's annointing is on the coaching job of super eagles?

I have edited things on wiki, do you want me to take corrective action on that page?  Grin

@sagamite,
at the end of the day, u are successfully making mikel the most popular person on nairaland.
at the end of the day, no matter which source u trust, it must be writen, editted and published by ppl.
pls what do u mean by ordinary ppl?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
tkb417:

exactly

that person also believes our performance was dismal and the man thought amodu was inept

make someone who share your sentiments sef go post on wiki o grin grin grin

The person could be as crazed as chidichris, that does not make what they wrote relevant. grin
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by chidichris(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2010
sagamite,
why not start another thread on amodu and leave this one for the most popular guy on nairaland(mikel).
look at the number of responses this post is getting.
wow! mikel is a real brand name.
amodu is a born eagles coach. it is either eagles or no job.
the amodu of a man is not different from chief onigbinde when it comes to coaching nigerian team.
at the end of the day, amodu will be the next eagles coach at least the whiteman is leaving at the end of the world cup.
this coaching of the eagles is becoming amodu's birth right.
this time arround, he will have me to contend with.
as long as it is about inviting known players and pick 11 for a match and then hide behind the bars while matches are on only to speak to the pressmen at the end of the day, i will surely apply for the eagles job.
mumu sagamite, do u think u cannot do this, i mean what amodu is doing?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by sevo(m): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2010
me tink mikel was only being patrotic wen he said he cant play in d WC.una wey dey make noise abt d issue- would u have prefered he keep quiet abt his injury status and later become a -1 in d world cup?God forbids wat if haruna or/& etuhu gets injured in d world cup as well.who go replace dem?

@chidichris
make u dey waste ur precious time dey argue in favour of mikel.d popular saying "one man's meat na anoda man poison" suppose 2 guide u.back pass side pass and yet him dey play for chelsea regularly wen him no dey injured.una wey dey play front pass where una dey?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by sevo(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
I meant 2 sai make u no dey waste ur time dey argue.some people just no like d guy face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdullahi Eager For Super Eagles Send-off “party” Vs DR Congo / Reasons Why Sport Betting Is Not Good For You / Morocco Vs Tanzania : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 17th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.