Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

The World Cup Vs Your Salat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The World Cup Vs Your Salat (4102 Views)

Observing Salat In A Building That Was Built Over A Graveyard / 14 Must Do Things During Salat / Ruling On Wearing Shoes/Sandals When Performing Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Kunle28: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2018
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,
My dear brothers and sisters in Islam, it is worthy to start by mentioning a hadith reported by Abu Huraira: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The first action for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded. If they are lacking, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, then the Almighty Lord will say: 'See if my servant has any voluntary prayers that can complete what is insufficient in his obligatory prayers'. The rest of his actions will be judged in the same way.”
Sunan al-Tirmidhī 413

Then let us ask ourselves whether we fulfil the obligatory prayers themselves let alone the voluntary prayers.

As the world cup season begins, it is pertinent to note that the 3 matches played on every match day coincides with the 4 prayer times of the obligatory salats.That is, around 1pm for dhuhr, around 4pm for asr and from around 7pm to 9pm for magrib through to isha'i..there is therefore a point to make as to whether you'd rather follow the congregation and earn its rewards and pleasure of Allah while missing some few minutes of the game or you'd rather follow up on the game and make for the salats later.
Let us ponder on the reason we would give if we were to die while forsaking the salat for this game; 'We were watching football'..You can't give your boss that excuse, let alone his Creator!!
Let us remember that we shall be asked over our salats and never over the scores..
Don't watch your team win while you lose to Allah..
Let us miss those minutes of the field and please the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth..
Let us say du'a and dhikr and miss those moments of shouting and foul language..
Let us remember that Allah watches over all our affairs, and if we remember Him, He remembers us..'and verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace..
May Allah make it easy for us all..
Jazakumullah bi Khair..

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by OLAJADON: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
jazakumllah aikran

2 Likes

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by phreakabitoo: 9:51am On Jun 29, 2018
Which salad be that?
Salad cream abi Mayonnaise don finish for market?
Abeg, I go watch the World cup!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Manholl: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2018
phreakabitoo:
Which salad be that?
I go watch the World up!
You get Family P DAT one no concern me
Abeg try get small sense!!!

1 Like

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by tuhamworld: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2018
Its pretty simple

Person can watch the World cup and when its time for solat, he/she should go observe solat.
After solat, he/she can come back to watch the world cup

Afterall solat doesn't take up to 15minutes..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Manholl: 10:05am On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=phreakabitoo post=68926022]

Go and wash your prick with kettle. angry[/qu
Go siddon slowpoke.... Go say that to your
Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Manholl: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2018
phreakabitoo:

Go and wash your prick with kettle. angry
Mumu oooo

2 Likes

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2018
Jazakumullahu khairan

1 Like

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by phreakabitoo: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Manholl:

Mumu oooo

Later now by 1:00pm you'd go and do fruit/vegetable salad.

1 Like

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by toffyz(m): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2018
walahi, @OP you're very right... I have missed some salats due to the ongoing world cup, I pray I make I amends .

3 Likes

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Gadaffi9ja(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2018
Animals like you are the reason why we have crisis everywhere, who ask for ur contribution, if is not related to u.
phreakabitoo:
Which salad be that?
Abeg, I go watch the World cup!
Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Quality20(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2018
really pathetic, some even die of heart attack while watching that nonsense called W/Cup, some may b robbed or even av their houses burgled
Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by hollah123: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2018
Quality20:
really pathetic, some even die of heart attack while watching that nonsense called W/Cup, some may b robbed or even av their houses burgled
the only thing fools like u are interested in is having sex with a minor.we know u

6 Likes

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by AKENIBIAJE: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2018
Thot you will address if one is a player.....and the time of prayers comes in.
Do I refuse to play for my nation or if it's even in professional team where I earns a living. Thanks
Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by modupe2: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2018
jazakumllah aikran

1 Like

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Yian1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
May Allah be pleased with the OP and increase him in knowledge. Allah said it in the Holy Qur'an that "I didn't create the Jinns and human beings , except to worship me". So our first and primary priority of being created is to worship Almighty God and be totally submissive to Him, according to that verse. He is our Lord and anything he commands us to do, must be our main priority in life, anytime, anywhere. Have we forgotten that He has power over everyone of us? The God that created the heavens without pillars, created the water bodies and different creatures inside them. He spread the land for us to live and move on it comfortably and created the mountains without any helper or partner. He is the one we run to, when we are in need or facing difficulties. This God shouldn't be disobeyed!
God didn't say we should not watch sports or or play. The solawaat don't prevent us from watching World Cup. Each one only takes maximum of 15 mins and you go back to watch the match. These times are not too much to worship your God who created you and has Total Dominion over you. Fear God, people have been watching football before you started watching it and some of them have died. They are in their graves right now making accounts how they spent their time of worship (Rejoicing or Regretting).
My brothers and sisters, don't let us join some people who say they can worship their Lord anytime they feel like. No, It is not so in Islam. The obligatory acts of worship have been stated for us, with their respective time and periods. Note this: "Disobedience to Almighty Allah only leads to Ultimate Destruction, no other way!" .I pray God strengthens us in Islam and make us better Muslims, and overlook our shortcomings...As-Salaam alaekum!

1 Like

Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Yian1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=Manholl post=68926160][/quote]

Go and wash your brain with Dettol
Re: The World Cup Vs Your Salat by Lilaex: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lol
phreakabitoo:
Which salad be that? Salad cream abi Mayonnaise don finish for market? Abeg, I go watch the World cup!

(1) (Reply)

Steadfastness: Lessons From The Story Of Prophet Musa, His Mother, And Pharaoh / The Moon Has Been Sighted Today / Muslim Affiliates: Earn Rewards & Cash For Promoting Islamic Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.