Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

If He Says Any Of These 4 Things, He Is Probably Lying To You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If He Says Any Of These 4 Things, He Is Probably Lying To You (1757 Views)

This Lady Says Any Man That Does DNA Tests On His Child Is A B@stard!! [Photo] / Girls Are Quick To Lose Feelings When A Guy Makes These 4 Mistakes / Kenyan Lady Shares Picture Of Her Married Lover In Bed After Lying To Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If He Says Any Of These 4 Things, He Is Probably Lying To You by corenewsonline: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2018
Detecting deception utilizing verbal cues remains a difficult task. The best way or method to predict deception compares what a person says against external evidence or known truth. At best, certain statements can indicate a higher probability of deception, but there’s no one verbal cue that will accurately predicts deception.

However, certain words or groups of words can signal an area in an utterance wherein deception is likely to occur. If the conversation is important, knowing where potential deception resides can provide a distinct advantage, in business or social interactions.

The below 4 statements are signs someone is lying to you :

1. “That’s about it.”

The word “about” is a word qualifier, which indicates the speaker has more to say but does not want to elaborate. If the speaker told the entire story, his or her response would be, “That’s it.” The word “about” signals that the response falls short of the entire story. Truthful people relate all the facts without fear of legal or social consequences. A less truthful or deceptive person does not tell the complete story because there’s something they do not want to disclose.

2. “You can’t prove that.”

The word “prove” suggests that evidence exists to verify the supposition or accusation posited, but the speaker failed to discover the hidden proof. Honest people do not think in terms of proof: They know that no evidence exists because they did not do what the speaker accused. Less Truthful or Deceptive people know proof of their deception exists but the speaker has not yet discovered sufficient evidence to support the accusation.

3. “Why would I do that?”

Answering a question with a question is a huge red flag indicating the possibility of deception. Honest people make direct denials. They typically respond, “I didn’t do that.” Less Truthful or Deceptive people are evasive, and when they are caught off guard, they need extra time to think of a believable response. A response like, “Why would I do that?” buys the deceptive person precious time to formulate such a response.

4. “Are you accusing me?”

In addition to answering a question with a question, the accused may subtly try to turn the tables on his / her accuser, putting the questioner on the defensive. The unspoken words of the accused are, “How dare you accuse me? Prepare to defend yourself.” This subtle counterattack prompts the accuser to justify his / her accusations. In doing so, the accused buys time to press a counterattack or prepare a believable story. The simple answer to this question: “Yes, I am accusing you, or I would not have brought the topic up in the first place.” This response parries the counterattack and puts the accused back on the defensive.

Source : https://abelanthony.com/if-he-says-any-of-these-4-things-he-is-probably-lying-to-you/
Re: If He Says Any Of These 4 Things, He Is Probably Lying To You by wolverine1987: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
that number two..... an eye opener
Re: If He Says Any Of These 4 Things, He Is Probably Lying To You by rikithor(m): 7:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
After graduating from any school ,the course of study,not a trophy ,one starts a whole journey of new learnings daily on Nairaland , O nairaland over sabi no go murder before actually killing you !thanks to all the brains that swells the intelligence bank of Nairaland
una well done o

meanwhile ,
if you,no sabi how to drive moto car,no hide your face o ,just call,(lagos -bariga ,anthony ,costain ,ebutte metta,sabo,marine beach,ajegunle ,ilupeju n its environs )
whatsapp /call +2348109974859

(1) (Reply)

See Hot Photos Of Victor Ad's Girlfriend / Rome Is Famous For Its Pyramids.... / Couples N*ked Photoshoots Make Them Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.