Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) (33497 Views)

UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant / Sick Man Slumps, Dies In Bank In Rivers; Denied Access To Money For Treatment / My Uncle Has Large Boils On His Head, Please Save His Health Condition (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by CastedBlog: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
A 33-years-old mum Shirley Kordie For the last seven years, she’s been living with hypoplastic MDS – a very rare form of blood cancer. Now, time is running out and her doctors at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham have said she urgently needs a stem cell transplant to survive.

Shirley’s brother Joseph, who works as a nurse in Ghana, is a perfect 10/10 match and ready to donate his stem cells to try and save Shirley’s life. However, the Home Office has refused his visa application to come over to the UK to donate. The reason given is that he doesn’t earn enough money.

The refusal letter from UK Visas and Immigration stated:
“While I am aware of the importance of family contact and the compassionate nature of your application, I must, however, also consider your personal and financial circumstances in Ghana when addressing your application.”

Blood cancer charities Anthony Nolan and the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust are working together to support Shirley’s case and help get this decision overturned.

Shirley desperately wants to be well again so she can return to work and go back to her home in Walsall, near Birmingham, to be there to support her son.
“My life is in danger - I need to get my life back for my son. I have my little boy, and I want to live for him.”

There are no other options for a donor on the international stem cell registers, and no way for Joseph to donate in Ghana. Shirley’s best chance of survival is for her brother to be allowed to come to the UK and donate.

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/man-denied-visa-to-uk-to-save-his.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by TobbieDfirst: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
It is well with her

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by dominique(f): 6:30am On Jun 24, 2018
The denial message was so darn cold! sad
African leaders fix your countries dammit!

288 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Amirullaha(m): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2018
That's a lame excuse!!!

8 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by akeentech(m): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2018
Blame Buhari for this. I was also denied a USA visa for no reason, Africa leaders should wake up, let us be denying those whites visa to our countries too, enough of this.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by opeyehmmy(m): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2018
DESTINY
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2018
TobbieDfirst:
It is well with her

Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by croxsugar(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2018
Hmmmmmm
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Richnero(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2018
There is a life at stake here so these guys should pls pity the poor man and grant him entrance.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by lilfreezy: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2018
This right here is why I hate African leaders. Using their greed to ruin the continent. If we had visionary leaders, who would wanna leave our beautiful continent.

51 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Googlelism(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2018
But the guy is not going for business there nah......
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2018
They are more interested in having that child up for adoption, useless country .

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by DonMoga(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2018
They know that nurses are highly needed in the UK and every part of the world and if this man is allow to go there, his eye will open and he will surely take control and dominate. #WICKEDPPLE

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by nick50(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2018
African leaders stop money laundering and fix ur continent I wish it is one of these politicians wife or children that has this issue I would have been jubiliating

13 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by olatade(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2018
how i wish they deny our leaders entry into their countries so that they would learn to sit up and do the right thing

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by DrObum(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2018
This is terrible
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by bouncin04(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2018
Dis one just weak me... cant she be flown down to Ghana for the fvcking transplant?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by koolaid87: 6:48am On Jun 24, 2018
They don't really care about us

Afrikans unite and save your continent

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Kophschmerzen: 6:50am On Jun 24, 2018
Wow!!! The white privilege on overdrive. These lots are going so racist on immigration and coming to the western world. Yet a lot of Nigerians on this forum support Trump and Europe right wing parties, I just can't understand y'all. African government should also start denying western corporations coming to pillage African natural resources.

14 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by symbianDON(m): 6:51am On Jun 24, 2018
whoever denied that man the visa is a cold blooded animal!!

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by spinna: 6:51am On Jun 24, 2018
White devils. Did they collect visa when they came to steal and rape here and elsewhere.? Their judgement is still coming

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by eleojo23: 6:51am On Jun 24, 2018
Very cold reply to his visa application.

How is his salary even important in this matter?
He just needs to go there to save his sister not to stay there permanently.

What if there are already people who are willing to raise money to send him there for the procedure?

Some rules are just stupid

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by naijapips04: 6:52am On Jun 24, 2018
The same UK that is asking the US to openup their borders and admit all manner of illegal aliens just because they brought kids with them. What hypocrites.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Youngmoney14: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2018
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by bjayx: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2018
shocked
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by kaen1317: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2018
After claiming London and speaking with a British accent
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by lifestyle1(m): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2018
While they still issue visa to some applicants with fake documents...

I don't blame them.
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2018
sad
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by chukxie(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2018
Honestly, sometimes I wish there were a magic wand one would wave over the African continent to transform it from the perpetual backwardness it has been stuck in for forever. Sometimes I wonder why we're the least developed in so many indices. We have everything to make us global powers, but yet we are poor! God wetin happen to us?

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by IronTete(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2018
Dem
Re: Ghanaian Man Denied Visa to UK to Save His Dying Sister (Photo) by snowland(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2018
akeentech:
Blame Buhari for this. I was also denied a USA visa for no reason, Africa leaders should wake up, let us be denying those whites visa to our countries too, enough of this.

Na wa o. When did Buhari become the president of Ghana?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Roadside Birth, God Is The Greatest! / Why Do Women Have Better Dentition Than Men? / Bankers In Nigeria Now Wear Gloves To Attend To Customer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.