Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash (40630 Views)

I Met Two pretty Intelligent Guys Who Deliberately Dropped Out Of University / Akintade Abdullahi Got Buhari’s Scholarship For Emerging Best Scientist / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Automotive1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJZ1eHU_JZg

Do you know the best and safest place to sit in an aircraft ?

The Discovery Channel did an experiment in 2012 where they deliberately crashed a Boeing Boeing 727-200 airliner loaded with test dummies and sensors.

The experiment was designed for scientists to study the crash-worthiness of the aircraft's airframe and cabin as well as the impact of crashes on the human body.

The aircraft's original owner was Singapore Airlines before being sold to last US's Broken Wing LLC of Webster Groves, who planned and executed the experiment.

The Boeing 727 airliner took off with the flight crew and a small group of passengers with a Chase Plane following close behind.

They later parachuted to safety and flew the aeroplane by remote control from the Chase Plane to the crash site.

The aeroplane hit the ground at 140 miles per hour ( about 230 km/h), breaking up into several sections.

The conclusion for this test with the front hitting the ground first was that passengers at the front of an aircraft would be the ones most at risk in a crash.

Passengers seated in the middle third of the plane had a 39% fatality rate, aisle seats in the middle had a 44% fatality rate and seats in the front third had a 38% rate.

Passengers seated closer to the airplane's wings would have suffered serious but survivable injuries.

The test dummies near the tail were largely intact meaning passengers there are likely to suffer minor injuries unlike those in front.

In other crashes where the tail or back of a plane hits the ground first, the reverse might apply.

Flying is still the safest form of transportion. Remember that the chances of dying in a car crash are 1 in 112 while the odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 8,000.

Which side of the plane is your favourite and why?

https://autojosh.com/scientists-deliberately-crashed-this-aeroplane-to-learn-what-happens-during-a-crash/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Aldebaran(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
Impressive grin

I call that a CAR an AEROPLANE CRASH TESTS grin

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by dejt4u(m): 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
interesting

congrats to Super Eagles.
Thank you MTN for that one minute free call to celebrate our winning eagles..

How many likes for MTN

157 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Zonacom(m): 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
I prefer sitting in the Cockpit.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by encryptjay(m): 1:09am On Jun 23, 2018
Mad scientist grin I just love these guys; they're willing to go deep in a research.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Onyenna(m): 6:09am On Jun 23, 2018
Kudos to them! Great research!

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by ednut1(m): 6:22am On Jun 23, 2018
Why not crash it in a forest or mountanoues area. U go know say kaki no be leather. Most times na d seat dem gv u. U go sit

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Partnerbiz3: 6:51am On Jun 23, 2018
I wonder what the world would be like if oyinbo ppl no dey..

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by GreenArrow1(m): 7:11am On Jun 23, 2018
Very nice. At least the plan wasn't to die hence the location and use of dummies. To really find out, they should load it up with fellow scientists and try it real-time. If they lack scientist test-subjects, they should inform Nigerian authorities like the NDLEA to give them a good supply of science students to be used for such tests.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by gerrardomendes(m): 8:08am On Jun 23, 2018
[quote author=Automotive1 post=68729162]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJZ1eHU_JZg

Flying is still the safest form of transportion. Remember that the chances of dying in a car crash are 1 in 112 while the odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 8,000.
]Now give us the figures for Nigeria

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by DONADAMS(m): 8:38am On Jun 23, 2018
informative

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by ghettowriter(m): 9:28am On Jun 23, 2018
Watch how the scramble for back seats grow after realising the result of this experiment to the public.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Dronedude(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2018
The best place to sit is before my phone screen watching the crash test n many other plane crashes.

Sarawole...

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by maxiuc(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2018
cheesy grin

Dana and Azman Airline right now

Why will you destory such Nice plane when we can use it to make more money for you here in Nigeria

Dana and Azman food wasted just like that

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Authoreety: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2018
No be today oyibo begin crash stuffs na... ds isnt new
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by SarkinYarki: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2018
Saw this documentary then
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Speakdatruth: 9:42am On Jun 23, 2018
That's how far they go to prove something. But surface of crashes aren't the same and the impact could be more damaging than the other.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by kaycyor: 9:42am On Jun 23, 2018
wink
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 9:43am On Jun 23, 2018
Wow! Cool info but this people sha get money to waste o
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by DIKEnaWAR: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2018
Difference between a people in quest of knowledge and those that rebuff it.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Exwizard: 9:45am On Jun 23, 2018
Very clean iPhone 6s for sale

Price 130k
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by delishpot: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2018
See how they develop their world while our own people are arguing over how many wives a man is allowed to marry, lecturers are thinking how many girls to bed using their grades as ransome, women are more focused on snapping backsides in Dubai and wearing the Naija jersey. See where normal humans have evolved to.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by BedLam: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2018
2017 was the safest year in flying history. This tells us that the world is getting more safer no matter what you dare to believe. It's easier to die on your bed than on airplane. I love flying.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 23, 2018
Onyenna:
Kudos to them! Great research!
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2018
Perfect vid as am about to fly. Thanks for reminding me about plane crash
Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Paperwhite(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2018
shocked shocked grin grin cheesy I used to watched the video on YouTube & thought it was a real plane crash incident. cheesy

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by hucienda: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2018
oyibo and analysis.

from dia findings, be like say na middle sure pass.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by madridguy(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2018
Impressive.

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by BedLam: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2018
delishpot:
See how they develop their world while our own people are arguing over how many wives a man is allowed to marry, lecturers are thinking how many girls to bed using their grades as ransome, women are more focused on snapping backsides in Dubai and wearing the Naija jersey. See where normal humans have evolved to.
Do you know that i flew Turkish airlines to Lagos yesterday and the moment the pilot landed nigerians started clapping? This is the 3rd time I'm experiencing this. At first it was a flight to Ghana and then Dubai. I'm so shocked to see that even the well traveled in among us aren't intelligent.

The pilot would have crashed the plane or what? Or we aren't suppose to land that warranted the clap ?

Many nigerians care more about the trivial things that doesn't require the most functional part of the brain.
A girl was saying yesterday that she doesn't like Turkish and the country. I was like you from a shitty country is abhoring a country were things work and people grow ?
I was sick of her. Tells me some of us are immune to progress.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash by Paperwhite(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2018
yeyerolling:
Perfect vid as am about to fly. Thanks for reminding me about plane crash
So if you fly & experience "air turbulence nko? Wetin go happen? Crash? Go enjoy flying joor. cheesy

3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) / Umaru Shehu, Biography Of First Professor Emeritus In Northern Nigeria (photos)