Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. (2094 Views)

"She Lured Him Into Sex And This Happened" / Osun Election: What Happened To Prophet Mike Agboola's Prophecy? / Lady Dreamt That Someone Attacked Her Eyes With Needle, Then This Happened. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Martinez19(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
The scenario of one telling one's parents or guardian about one's atheism and that person being disowned and being deprived of pocket money, school fees and accommodation. Be it permanently or temporarily.

NB: I will block any post that derails this topic. angry

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Faust77(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
sadly yes...I just can imagine my parents reaction when they discover I don't believe in religion and sky daddies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Martinez19(m): 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
Faust77:
sadly yes...I just can imagine my parents reaction when they discover I don't believe in religion and sky daddies
yarn details for me abeg.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by johnydon22(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
Faust77:
I don't see how it is necessary for them to have that information then

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by dalaman: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
Many parents are against their children that are dependent on them going against their political choices talk more of religious beliefs. If you tell your parents that you are dependent on that you no longer believe just expect them to throw you out because to them you've become some satanist that kills people and drinks their blood according to their weird mythical beliefs.
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Heathen777(m): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
I told my parents I dont believe in god and they were (as expected) not cool with it, it didn't go to the extreme of not paying my school fees, but they told me not to talk about my unbelief again, otherwise I wouldn't be sent abroad for study , they also fear that this may lead me to debauchery and I may even start saying I'm gay -_-

I told them also I was vegan and that didn't really settle well with them either, for some reason it annoys them that I don't want killed innocent animals as food.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Faust77(m): 5:20am On Jun 23, 2018
Martinez19:
yarn details for me abeg.
yes...... from when I was really young i.e a kid...I thought jesus was real lyk ppl said or maybe it was because my parents always forced me to but something happened... I was 13 in my first science class (ss1... might surprise you but I'm really a young man....18nw)... the teacher...I don't know if he meant it but he changed my life that day....all he did was say at the beginning of the class that "SCIENCE IS NOT DOGMATIC"..he went on and told us that scientist always ask questions to validate a claim and that was how my life started...I did a lot of inquiry after that (m a very curious person) ND found out that religion was basically for insecure ppl... m happy I know that now.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Faust77(m): 5:24am On Jun 23, 2018
Heathen777:
I told my parents I dont believe in god and they were (as expected) not cool with it, it didn't go to the extreme of not paying my school fees, but they told me not to talk about my unbelief again, otherwise I wouldn't be sent abroad for study , they also fear that this may lead me to debauchery and I may even start saying I'm gay -_-

I told them also I was vegan and that didn't really settle well with them either, for some reason it annoys them that I don't want killed innocent animals as food.
that's was just the way my friends reacted when I told them too...they were lyk Faust shut up and just take it that god exists but m not much of a fairy tale believer
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Faust77(m): 5:26am On Jun 23, 2018
johnydon22:

I don't see how it is necessary for them to have that information then
I don't know how long it might take buh all I know is no one can shake my resolve
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Faust77(m): 5:28am On Jun 23, 2018
I've come a long way after that and it's shocking when u realize that most Nigerians can't think for themselves undecidedI've come a long way after that and it's shocking when u realize that most Nigerians can't think for themselves
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2018
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2018
and that explains why many of you escape and runaway from threads like this;
https://www.nairaland.com/4508539/when-scariest-moment-life/8
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by hopefulLandlord: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2018
Acidosis:

Escape and Runaway?

Tell us exactly how you feel

Edit: Just checked the thread, what's there in the OP that's worth running away from?

He visited a friend and the friend scared him bla bla bla bla.......... you then concluded atheists are running away?

could you tell me what in that OP concerns atheists? did the OP claim that gods exist because someone wanted to shoot/suffocate them?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by MrPRevailer(m): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2018
Acidosis:

Yes I used to have sleep paralysis before but after deliverance in mychurch, it ceased.

It used to be terrible. For example, in daylight, when i slept on my belly, I would wake up all paralysed and feeling something sitting on me. And when I tried to call Jesus even my mouth could not move. I had to say it in my mind.
The most memorable one was when I was sleeping on my back in a dark room. And a fearful demon started strangling me and gnawing at me. I was awake and fighting to breath. And I could not move. I don't know if I saw a demon in reallife or in a vision. It was so real.
I called Jesus severally. Most of these happened when I was living in Dubai.
It continued when I came to Nigeria but because of the firebrand church I attend here, it later stopped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Acidosis(m): 8:33am On Jun 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Escape and Runaway?

Tell us exactly how you feel

Edit: Just checked the thread, what's there in the OP that's worth running away from?

He visited a friend and the friend scared him bla bla bla bla.......... you then concluded atheists are running away?

could you tell me what in that OP concerns atheists? did the OP claim that gods exist because someone wanted to shoot/suffocate them?

I have a few questions for you;

What exactly is atheism to you?
The nonexistence of gods/God? Spirits? Mystical powers? Which?

If you experienced this (just one of the many experiences from the thread you 'ignored');

Fran..ky..oy1:

Thirdly! Where I rented an.apartment an.upstair in a suburb outskirt of town, a little girl comes there to do menialnjobs with her mum for stipends, one lonely nd tiring night, I heard shouts at bout 2am, I was too weak to get up, really weak,I know I heard my name, then by 3am, I looked out my window,nd sw this rough looking girl,look so beautiful on white, I felt I was hallucinating,and then.she said ucle........, so u could not even help ,,,,, but pls just take care of mama pls! My head swelllllll, I clean my eyes,my blood congiled! I stayed awake all.nit,but too scared to step out, wen I eventually did in.the morning, saw d mum sobbing uncontrollably with lots of people,over d body of her baby daughter, same girl I saw.looking so beautiful, lay looking tattered with stab wounds to her abdomen, happened her mum was attacked.nd she tried to fight.back, those moments scared and broke me till dis day! At least d mum is always on.My monthly stipends, even if she has never been the same again

Would you change your belief?
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2018
MrPRevailer:

Yes I used to have sleep paralysis before but after deliverance in mychurch, it ceased.

It used to be terrible. For example, in daylight, when i slept on my belly, I would wake up all paralysed and feeling something sitting on me. And when I tried to call Jesus even my mouth could not move. I had to say it in my mind.
The most memorable one was when I was sleeping on my back in a dark room. And a fearful demon started strangling me and gnawing at me. I was awake and fighting to breath. And I could not move. I don't know if I saw a demon in reallife or in a vision. It was so real.
It continued when I came to Nigeria but because of the firebrand church I attend here, it later stopped.

wow, the most memorable one must have been a very terrific experience. Don't stop fighting till it ceases permanently. It doesn't matter whether others believe it or not.

There is a yoruba adage that says it's only someone who has not seen the extent of another man's farm that will always boast that his dad's farm is the biggest in the world. So those without your kind of experience will never understand the metaphysical and spiritual side of the world.
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2018
Martinez19:
The scenario of one telling one's parents or guardian about one's atheism and that person being disowned and being deprived of pocket money, school fees and accommodation. Be it permanently or temporarily.

NB: I will block any post that derails this topic. angry

First off, Atheism is not a permanent title, at least should not be taken as such. In dealing with parents' and friends' issues, there is no point telling them that you do not believe in God or that you believe in one.

The best thing to say, is that that though you do not believe in God that you believe there is a Creator of Energy, which forms the basis of all matter, both living and non-living. And I understand that in the Physical Universe, Energy can not be created nor destroyed, but then, one must know that Energy had to come from somewhere and that 'somewhere' is not the physical plane within the universe.

That itself in sincerity will make the position of atheism very unstable, cos I know where you are on the journey cos I have been there. Energy had to come from somewhere. You know where it comes from, but you have forgotten.

You just need assistance being reminded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2018
Acidosis:

If you experienced this (just one of the many experiences from the thread you 'ignored');

I'm more interested in how you came to the conclusion that atheists ran away from a thread that has nothing to do with religion, a thread in which someone said he almost got shot which the shooter was later revealed to be a prankster

a thread with posts like "The day I saw a hairy pussy" "the day I almost drowned" amongst other inane posts
But we ran away because we didn't take our time to read till page 6?

Go and take several seats

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2018
MrPRevailer:

What if the Sleep paralysis was actually induced so that you can call a 'Savior', and believe in 'him' ?

Wars are created to sell guns/bullets and also generate blood sacrifice, so it will not be out of place for inventors of religions to set up cosmic trappings to lure people into the Savior Programs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by MrPRevailer(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Organism000:

What if the Sleep paralysis was actually induced so that you can call a 'Savior', and believe in 'him' ?

Wars are created to sell guns/bullets and also generate blood sacrifice, so it will not be out of place for inventors of religions to set up cosmic trappings to lure people into the Savior Programs.

And who induced it?

Ohh Saviour programs!! ;Laughing seriously
Who and How was it induced into my sleep?
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
MrPRevailer:

And who induced it?

Ohh Saviour programs!! ;Laughing seriously
Who and How was it induced into my sleep?

The octopus did not even know that you are Non-Player Character. Such much was expected of a Cosmic AI virus.
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by MrPRevailer(m): 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Organism000:

The octopus did not even know that you are Non-Player Character. Such much was expected of a Cosmic AI virus.

What an unashamed pile of poo. Intelligent athiest grin hahahahahaaaa

What a dead-end. Sorry readers but Organism000's brain/false reasoning could go no further, hence the debilitated reply.
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by ScienceWatch: 12:59am On Jul 04, 2018
Faust77:
I've come a long way after that and it's shocking when u realize that most Nigerians can't think for themselves undecidedI've come a long way after that and it's shocking when u realize that most Nigerians can't think for themselves
Very interesting. Tell more about your own thinking, is it really your own thinking ?
If Nigerians can't think for themselves, how did you manage to do it ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by ScienceWatch: 1:29am On Jul 04, 2018
Acidosis:

wow, the most memorable one must have been a very terrific experience. Don't stop fighting till it ceases permanently. It doesn't matter whether others believe it or not.

There is a yoruba adage that says it's only someone who has not seen the extent of another man's farm that will always boast that his dad's farm is the biggest in the world. So those without your kind of experience will never understand the metaphysical and spiritual side of the world.
Great advice sir. Atheists do have lots of experiences of the scary dark metaphysical world, but they are too unintelligent to know what they are experiencing.

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by ScienceWatch: 1:46am On Jul 04, 2018
MrPRevailer:

You are very wise. You chose the only and most effective way to stop those terrifying demonic attacks.
Science is extremely impotent when a man need it most. You could have gone to the best psychologists and psychiatrists for a solution without any success.
It is a mark of insanity to fix a spiritual problem with idiotic science.

Once a demonic attack starts, the demon never leaves you on its own. Only a much greater spirit can force it to leave.

Atheists lack the intellect to understand this reality because their SATANIC bible, the Atheists Training Manuel commands them to trash all higher truths.
View Butterflyleo's repost of the horrific contents of the Atheists Training Manuel here;

https://www.nairaland.com/4601231/atheist-finds-refuge-peace-christ#69128077
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Faust77(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Very interesting. Tell more about your own thinking, is it really your own thinking ?
If Nigerians can't think for themselves, how did you manage to do it ?
simple....I stopped doing what everyone else was doing...nd yes Oga they are my own thoughts
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by johnydon22(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Heathen777:

The bolded got my attention. Mind if I ask, innocent as in what way?
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2018
I told my mom and she said she'd pray for me but she never forced me to go anywhere. She's kind of a liberal Christian herself. My pops is into this new age 'religion' and he's always on and on about "find your god" which doesn't have to be his version of God. Also I wasn't raised religious, and before my family came here in 2006 we never went to church or spoke of anything about religion. At the very worst I'd ask what God was/is and they'd explain to the best of their understanding.

My very first encounter with religion was as a 9 year old, on getting back here these Jehovah Witness people knocked on our door and gave us that stupid Bible stories book lol but after reading it from the beginning to the end I knew immediately it was horseshit.

Back to your question I did later on become somewhat religious (Christian) because people at school kept asking too many questions and for a while I actually deceived myself into believing it lol (actually quite a while) but with the help of Nairaland when I was in 200L I finally shed of every last bit of religious dogma attached to my person and nobody really seemed to care.

Before I switched to Christianity I did go with my dad to his place of worship till I became old enough to make my own decisions. He reads the Grail Message (which I've read and am still curious about) and from the questions I've asked it seems like a somewhat Deistic belief system. There are too many things I still find wrong with it though. Loopholes here and there.

In your case I'd probably advise you to fake it till you move out. Its annoying and its torture but it'll help everything become a lot easier.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by johnydon22(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2018
Faust77:
I don't know how long it might take buh all I know is no one can shake my resolve
No one can shake your resolve regarding God not existing?

Can it be done through good discussion then?

If not

Isnt that dogmatic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Jul 04, 2018
Faust77:
it might shock you to be shown many of the things you don't think for yourself
Re: Atheists, Has This Happened To You Or Anyone You Know. by johnydon22(m): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2018
Acidosis:

The non-existence of God

She was wearing white. I'm wondering why she was not holding a phone too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Music: Phil Wickham – Living Hope {full Album Download} / Native Doctor Impregnates Pastor’s Wife In Ughelli / Month Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.