Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,622 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men (938 Views)

The Ordinary Skincare For Dry Skin On Face: How To Build An Effective Skincare R / Organic Skincare Training / In Need Of A Very Good Online Skincare Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by gideonjeta(m): 2:21am On Jun 23, 2018
Men generally care less about their skin than women . But skincare for men is very important . Men , just like women , also need to follow a daily routine to keep their skin healthy . The right skincare habits can go a long way in keeping your skin looking its best for years to come .
We ’ve put together a simple list of the best men ’s skincare habits for healthy- looking skin .

Exfoliate two to three times a week
Men have thicker skin , so an exfoliator will help to buff and remove the dead skin cells on your face that can make your complexion look dull . A face scrub provides an even deeper clean than a face wash . Exfoliation shouldn’ t be a daily habit , though . Deep cleaning your face too much can actually irritate your skin , so only exfoliate a few times a week .

Apply a moisturiser
The right moisturiser for your skin depends on your skin type . Our skin tends to lose moisture as we grow up and that ’s why you must moisturise daily . Applying a cream in the morning and at night helps to lock in the moisture, which also helps in preventing signs of ageing .

Pick the right razor for you
For men that shave , choose a razor that fits your skin sensitivity and beard coarseness . Otherwise , you end up irritating your skin and dealing with painful bumps and ingrown hairs.

Make after - shave your new best friend
After-shave hydrates and soothes the skin ; it also seals in the skin after a shave . Make sure you pick an aftershave that is alcohol- free as alcohol dries the skin .

Never leave home without applying sunscreen
Men who don ’t use sunscreen increase their risk of getting sun damage , which may result in redness , irritation and skin cancer . Stay forever young by applying sunscreen every day .

Watch for acne - triggering products and habits
Acne isn’ t a teenage thing; it can follow you right into adulthood . Make sure you’re not using products that trigger breakouts by testing all new skincare on the inside of your elbow. Also , pay attention to how you take care of your skin , eating habits and environment . Eating a healthy and balanced diet ( and drinking plenty of water ) leads to great skin . Make sure you change your pillowcase and bedsheets regularly as unwashed and dirty sheets can harbour dirt and bacteria that can enter your pores and cause breakouts.

https://www.nigerialog.com/beauty/six-effective-skincare-habits-for-men/new/#new
Re: Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by maisauki: 3:44am On Jun 23, 2018
daily routine? count me out!
emi ko raye gbediye sin, if there's time, what I know is to pour water on d body, rub soap over and pour water again. go out. put on clothes and off for the day's activities
Re: Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by hisgrace090: 6:26am On Jun 23, 2018
Not for men.
Re: Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by denisa15: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
It's a great list but I don't see many men actually going through with all of it, especially the part about exfoliating 2-3 times a week. I don't know any man who actually does that.
Re: Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by Demariz(m): 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
denisa15:
It's a great list but I don't see many men actually going through with all of it, especially the part about exfoliating 2-3 times a week. I don't know any man who actually does that.
I do actually, doesn't make me less of a real man,

** about the sunscreen hardly you see one that doesn't leave white cast and make you look ashy and less expensive,maybe you have a recommendation?
Re: Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by denisa15: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
Demariz:

I do actually, doesn't make me less of a real man,

** about the sunscreen hardly you see one that doesn't leave white cast and make you look ashy and less expensive,maybe you have a recommendation?

It definitely doesn't make you less of a real man, it actually makes you an amazing man. I just wanted to say that the majority of men prefer to spend their time doing other things. It's actually fantastic that you take the time to care for yourself.

Regarding the sunscreen, you could try the Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen. It's one of the most affordable. For something so essential, you would think that someone would make it more affordable so that everyone can use sunscreen daily. Apply a bit and the massage it into the skin and then a bit more and massage it again, it should blend in better if it's applied in layers.
Re: Six Effective Skincare Habits For Men by Demariz(m): 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
denisa15:

It definitely doesn't make you less of a real man, it actually makes you an amazing man. I just wanted to say that the majority of men prefer to spend their time doing other things. It's actually fantastic that you take the time to care for yourself.

Regarding the sunscreen, you could try the Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen. It's one of the most affordable. For something so essential, you would think that someone would make it more affordable so that everyone can use sunscreen daily. Apply a bit and the massage it into the skin and then a bit more and massage it again, it should blend in better if it's applied in layers.
I saw the Neutrogena clear face sunscreen on jumia,goes for 7k

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Cucumber, Aleo Vera And Egg Yolk For Face Glow / 11 Times Ifu Ennada Served Us Chic Natural Hair Styles / Brand New Pull & Bear Brogue Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.