Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London (8359 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless / Picture Of Slums In The Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2010
We all remember the documentary Welcome to Lagos on BBC 2 some weeks back now

If not click check or read about it here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431355.0.html

From the dump slums of Lagos to the streets of London

We welcome Vocal Slender & Esther to UK

God is good

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2010
OMGosh!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy  shocked

I am lost for words.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by manmustwac(m): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2010
i saw the documentary but what are they doing here? what is the purpose of their visit?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2010
More

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2010
more

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Poster, what is the story?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
manmustwac:

i saw the documentary but what are they doing here? what is the purpose of their visit?

promote him and make their dream come true

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, what is the story?

this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431355.0.html
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2010
No @Poster. Why is he in London? What is with the camera crew that seems to be following him ? What is the story this time?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
is that opobo's grandson?

is he aiming at some public office or CNN job because i dont get the point.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

No @Poster. Why is he in London? What is with the camera crew that seems to be following him ? What is the story this time?

he sings and he is struggling in Lagos trying to raise money to do his music

after watching the show on BBC, some pple get together and locate him and try to organise some shows for him in London

get him a visa and now he is here
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2010
more

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by manmustwac(m): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
r231:

promote him and make their dream come true

this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431355.0.html
so what about blessing then? what is the purpose of her visit? although i do remember her having dreams of coming to london to further her studies.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
^^^^^they are trying to raise money for her as well to study
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2010
r231:

he sings and he is struggling in Lagos trying to raise money to do his music

after watching the show on BBC, some pple get together and locate him and try to organise some shows for him in London

get him a visa and now he is here
Wow, really. PPl actually did that?

Ope o!

Anywaz, why is he dressed like that? undecided
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Wow, really. PPl actually did that?

Ope o!

Anywaz, why is he dressed like that? undecided

he has Arab money grin smiley
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by manmustwac(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
r231:

^^^^^they are trying to raise money for her as well to study
so if we want to help how do we go about it? coz i would like to meet blessing if it was possible.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by stormm: 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2010
What's it about the teeth? Eh bro, u gotta manage the fame and stop da big teeth like an hyena. ok?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2010
manmustwac:

so if we want to help how do we go about it? coz i would like to meet blessing if it was possible.

you can do that directly at the concert or the website we setup which will be announced soon.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
Eh! You ppl even set up a concert?
Abeg, help me too, I want to go to to UK.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2010
b4

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2010
FL Gators:

Eh! You ppl even set up a concert?
Abeg, help me too, I want to go to to UK.

u be ma Ekiti sista and u r living large alrdy grin cheesy grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ahaha, and how do you know? I might be. . . NVM lol

I hope he actually does go to UK to further his education. . . . not like his bros who went to UK, then on the 6thday, na oyibo ibeke he don dey go target.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by denzel2009: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2010
Who is Esther? Is she the lemonade puss?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by stormm: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2010
r231:

b4

Dis teeth again? I tire grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2010
denzel2009:

Who is Esther? Is she the lemonade puss?

yea

the chick dat stays on the beach with her bf

FL Gators:

Ahaha, and how do you know? I might be. . . NVM lol

I hope he actually does go to UK to further his education. . . . not like his bros who went to UK, then on the 6thday, na oyibo ibeke he don dey go target.

grin grin grin grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2010
I'm so happy for him o. grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by ElRazur: 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2010
Respect to Vocal Slender and those who helped him.

I had tickets for the show, but exam was in the way.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2010
I knew something would come out of this. I am happy for him and I hope he achieves his dream.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by mamagee3(f): 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
Who is he and why is his visit to London a big deal?

Eww, those ladies look slutty, the one in red looks like Cossy.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by olaolabiy: 10:33pm On Jun 05, 2010
good luck.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
ElRazur:

Respect to Vocal Slender and those who helped him.

I had tickets for the show, but exam was in the way.

he didn't make it for the show, he just came in on thursday

but he is going to be @ Troxy tomorrow
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Save Nigeria Group Debunks Pastor Bakare's Suspension Story / Photo:nigeria Army Officers Pleading With Shiites Yesterday To Stand Down / Northern States PDP Chairmen Endorse Agbo, Maibasira, Kabiru For NWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.