Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. (91205 Views)

Stop Wasting Your Money On Data!! / Affordable European Standard Samsung Led Tvs (used & New) / How Nigerians Access Instant Loans On Fairmoney Without Collateral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by olowobaba10: 9:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Olachase:
Please anybody that has either Sony, Samsung, or LG 32 inch LED that has little fault u don't use it anymore please help a brother na beg I day beg cry cry cry
YOU STILL HAVE A CHOICE OF 32' AND YOU SAID YOU ARE BEGGING.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by unmask: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
grossintel:
Last I checked the memory capacity of a compact disk (CD) is 737mb, so how exactly does a 2 hours movie on 4k which could take about 220GB or 2GB per min fit inside a compact disk, the way you guys talk eh, sometimes I wonder the people behind this monikers.
CDs in my post was used generically and as for your question on 4k we have 4k blu ray discs which was what I was referring to.....and yes I know what I am saying because I own what I am talking about.....so run along to your computer science class
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Itanna: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
VocalWalls:

Is your tv Netflix enabled? If not, you can set it up with your laptop, and connect the pc to your tv.

For internet, I use ntel
just seeing this. Thanks
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
Itanna:
just seeing this. Thanks

You can easily buy an Android box or Amazon fire stick/box then connect it to your tv rather than use your laptop.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
ollah2:

You can easily buy an Android box or Amazon fire stick/box then connect it to your tv rather than use your laptop.

Unless they are oem, I suggest you keep away from android boxes. Most of them are like cheap phones with poorly written versions of android. Unstable and unable to keep settings.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
oyb:

Unless they are oem, I suggest you keep away from android boxes. Most of them are like cheap phones with poorly written versions of android. Unstable and unable to keep settings.

Its his choice tho and I expect him to buy a make a good decision. I presently use a fire stick but wanna replace it with an an android tv while it relegates to the bedroom.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Itanna: 3:34am On Jun 26, 2018
ollah2:

Thanks so much. Where can i purchase it? Do i need internet 4 it? Pardon my naivety
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2018
Itanna:
Thanks so much. Where can i purchase it? Do i need internet 4 it? Pardon my naivety

Amazon and you need internet for everything.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Itanna: 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
ollah2:

Amazon and you need internet for everything.
ok Thanks
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 27, 2018
abumeinben:

Well.... I'm surprised you're bothered.
Same people that'll buy iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy s10 without having an idea what the devices are capable of save for camera and name.

Little do they know, if they knew little sef, that this iPhone X can deliver 4k video quality.
Like you rightly analysed there, common 5min videos can consume over 1500MB of storage or streaming data. Where do we get such data in this archaic country? Except Elon Musk fast forward his global internet satellite service.

You’re going too far, the iPhone 7 Plus offers 4K video quality not to talk of iPhone X

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Lakeside2134: 6:17am On Jun 27, 2018
kakarott:

Boy change your DNS to google DNS
Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4

What does that do I’m curious
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by kakarott: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
grossintel:
Last I checked the memory capacity of a compact disk (CD) is 737mb, so how exactly does a 2 hours movie on 4k which could take about 220GB or 2GB per min fit inside a compact disk, the way you guys talk eh, sometimes I wonder the people behind this monikers.
Boy blu ray bdxl can contain up to 300gb of data
Not to talk of hvd disk that can take 6tb of data
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by kakarott: 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
GraGra247:

Its not unlimited. It has fair usage restrictions from what users say.
As as I said tweak your DNS to google DNS
Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by kakarott: 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
ollah2:

Does this make it unlimited or stable or both?
Faster and stable
It prevent speed throttle
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by kakarott: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
Lakeside2134:

What does that do I’m curious
Faster internet , prevent speed throttle
There plenty of DNS out their
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by jidabod(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
dru23:

To all my uber / engine oil customers... especially the ones that are still using non imported engine oil.

On the email please title it USA spec Castrol free trial so that I know how to track the person.. Thanks

dru23@hotmail.com

Please check ur mail
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by dru23(m): 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
jidabod:

Please check ur mail

Thanks I got ur message...
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Lakeside2134: 8:14am On Jun 29, 2018
kakarott:

Faster internet , prevent speed throttle
There plenty of DNS out their

How do i change the DNS
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by OgbaOghene(m): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2018
Madeforlife:
sorry I was busy...

Avoid this scammer.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by OgbaOghene(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Madeforlife:
You want to buy/sell iTunes,bitcoin,payonner please contact me... check my profile

thanks

Do not try doing business with this individual, he's not to be trusted.

He took payment from me for a gift card but refused to send it. His name is CHIJIOKE NJOKU—he goes as Bobby, with GTB account # 0164968236, email address bobbynjoku236@gmail.com and phone number 08063984186.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by dru23(m): 11:35am On Jun 30, 2018
jidabod:

Please check ur mail

To all my uber partners / customers : great news USA spec Mobil 1 still avaliable, same great low price 15500k 5quarts.. Best price in town.. Few days ago I started using Mobil 1 on my personal car .. Honestly I can tell the difference, car rides smoother ,my car is fun to drive now ... people are correct Mobil 1 best oil money can buy ....

Few more oil left.. Thanks to all the emails, very grateful to nairaland, without it I would not have discovered USA spec Mobil 1 .. Shout out to all my customers and I promise to keep the price low .. All extended performance is next due to popular demand.. Suitcase will arrive soon .plz be on the look out .

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by tolugar: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

Lol
See mumu
Delivered 2 months ago grin
How daft are you?

Delivered bro. Forgot to tell you since.

Thanks to Ntel

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ponti93(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
You hit the nail on the head. There is poor, rich and then wealthy
nope, there is dirt poor, poor, average, rich and then wealthy grin
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ponti93(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
4min video 2gig of data burnt
chai.

fear go let ntel users watch 4k video
on ntel isp.
u go just see ntel with sars
dey find men wey dey stream 4k videos online

e pay say men
i buy full HD
there is no stable light
fear go let u go plug am direct
wen nepa bring over loading u go just hear paaaaoooww
plasma don burn pack up
lwkmd... Guy u damn funny... D setup is 4 men na... Put solar panel installation and disconnet phcn
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by JohnWickLIVES(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
defash8:
You got it wrong, the TV manufacturers are not waiting for Nigeria to upgrade to 4K. In a short while DSTV & Others will be forced to deliver 4k content.

DStv offer 4K contents... They barely offer FHD contents (not 720p bollocks). I read an article saying the Exec is waiting to see how 4K goes as they believe it won't be like the 3D craze. Mind you this article was last year (2017).
I don't think set top box providers are ready for 4K contents. The standard now for streaming premium contents is 4K HDR (dynamic metadata like Dolby Vision and soon, HDR+). Streaming is always the future. Our hope is that capitalism doesn't kill innovation and Google Fiber reaches Africa or hell, Elon Musk satellite constellation reaches us during beta stages. Here's hoping...
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by faizsanusi(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2019
It's obvious OP is deffiencient in technological knowledge. Nice replies you got. I'll say next time before you come to upload stories, try and remove sentiment and be more objective with your judgement. As for this, it's trash...
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by segzy3(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
Buy tv for the future
Mtn is now running unlimited data package
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Jombojombo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
kellybently:

for u to enjoy the 4k experience from ur DVD or DSTV I must use a compatible HDMI (2.0) . if not u 'll not .

Pls can u share more light on what u mean by "compatible HDMI (2.0)?
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by kellybently(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jombojombo:

Pls can u share more light on what u mean by "compatible HDMI (2.0)?

HDMI have different specifications. Most HDMI available in the market are 1.6. U can't enjoy the 4k experience with it. 2.0 HDMI is higher version.

Most HDMI that come with Home theatre are 2.0.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Jombojombo(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
kellybently:

HDMI have different specifications. Most HDMI available in the market are 1.6. U can't enjoy the 4k experience with it. 2.0 HDMI is higher version.

Most HDMI that come with Home theatre are 2.0.

Thanks bro. So how do I identify the 2.0 HDMI in case I want to buy?
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by kellybently(m): 3:29am On Jul 22, 2020
Jombojombo:

Thanks bro. So how do I identify the 2.0 HDMI in case I w ant to buy?

In a nutshell, HDMI 2.0 is designed to handle more bandwidth than HDMI 1.4. Both can deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can transfer up to 18Gbps whereas HDMI 1.4 can only transfer up to 10.2Gbps.

If you want to make sure that your HDMI cable supports Ultra HD 4K resolution, you have to look for the HDMI High Speed Logo on the cable's packing. The cable itself normally does not carry the logo but should rather read the claim “HDMI High Speed”.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Jombojombo(m): 6:47am On Jul 22, 2020
kellybently:

In a nutshell, HDMI 2.0 is designed to handle more bandwidth than HDMI 1.4. Both can deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can transfer up to 18Gbps whereas HDMI 1.4 can only transfer up to 10.2Gbps.

If you want to make sure that your HDMI cable supports Ultra HD 4K resolution, you have to look for the HDMI High Speed Logo on the cable's packing. The cable itself normally does not carry the logo but should rather read the claim “HDMI High Speed”.

I very much appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Drone Spotted At Ojota Bus Stop This Afternoon(Photos) / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.