Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:22 PM

Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos (27035 Views)

Boy Alinco Celebrates His 53rd Birthday (Photos) / Regina Askia Celebrates Her 53rd Birthday With Stunning Pictures / Adewale Akinnuoye-agbaje Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by FlirtyGist: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2018
GistMore.com

Ali Baba was born in Warri, Delta State, on June 24, 1965 to the Royal Family of Agbarha Otor, Ughelli North Local Government Area. The first son after several girls. He spent the first 8 years of his life in Warri (Delta State, Nigeria).

His father is a retired soldier who served in Lagos. Schooling therefore was at Ojo Primary School and Command Secondary School both in Lagos.

After acquiring a degree from the then Bendel State University, Ekpoma in 1990, he relocated to Lagos,[1] having discovered his comic talent and funny bone in his 3rd Year in University. He had planned to return to Ekpoma to read Law but that was not to be, since he discovered he could make more money from making people laugh than defending them.

He began his professional career with corporate events, appearing on television shows with the likes of Patrick Doyle, Charly Boy and Danladi Bako. He also made cameo appearances on radio shows with Bisi Olatilo, Sani Irabor and Mani Onumonmu. He also worked briefly with Dapo Adelegan of DP Lekki Limited as executive assistant in 1991.

He had made up his mind that he was going to do everything to enhance himself, improve his skill and the service he offered in other words be professional. However at the time there was hardly any precedent to follow because the funny men then were not into Stand-up comedy. Patrick Doyle, John Chukwu, Bisi Olatilo, Femi Segun, Femi Jarret, Leo Onwudi, Smart Otemu, Tony St. Iyke and many more were funny, very funny but did not do full-time comedy.

Through guts, sacrifice and creative dynamism, Ali Baba carved a niche for himself as a comedian for both corporate and non-corporate events. In less than 4 years, he had also become the preferred Master of Ceremony at some events. Ali Baba made the rules, broke them and sometimes even discarded them depending on how effective they were. These days no event is considered complete without a Comedian to MC that event.

In 1993, he registered his company Alibaba Hicuppuray 3rd and from then on his focus was on ensuring that the perception of comedians being never do wells changed and instead is seen as a profession and a respected way of life.

In 1998, he hired billboards in strategic parts of Lagos Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island; Osborne Road, Ikoyi and the Marina paying for two years. The message was simple and one he has come to be known by Being Funny is Serious Business.

Ali Baba, has lived with the philosophy that his business is big enough for all who want to make their chosen profession. As such, he has supported, mentored and presented several comedians helping to ensure that standards are maintained and professionalism encouraged. It is no longer strange to hear a comedian charge impressive fees for events. The industry, yes, the Comedy Industry though yet to be standardized, is growing fast and strong to the credit of the God Father of Comedy.

He has been a professional stand up comedian for the past 25 years and has in the last 13 years received several awards.

Gist from Gistmore :: http://www.gistmore.com/comedian-alibaba-celebrates-53rd-birthday-see-vs-now-photos

5 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by FlirtyGist: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2018

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by FlirtyGist: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2018
angry

Alibaba is a legend but he has an unhealthy sense of entitlement. Talk about a man with too much ego

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by stefanweeks: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2018
King ko

King ni
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by GistMore: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by SIMPLYkush: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy birthday ugly old comedian who can't even make anybody smile with his wicked face

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by torin: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Hbd

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by sunnysunny69(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Grandfather of comedy in Nigeria if not African as a whole, happy birthday .

3 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by daretechy: 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
He's handsome sha.

Meanwhile, I have verified UK AdSense for sale at a very cheap price.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by IME1: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
smiley
Wishing
George
Ojay
John d B
Anita x2
Happy birthdays among others marking their day today
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by IME1: 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
wink
Happy birthday to him
We must give it to him that he don try for him industry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by princeade86(m): 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
hbd dear role model.
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy birthday great man
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by zombieHUNTER: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Speak up against the corrupt politicians

Speak Up against the killing of Christians in the country

Alibaba do more in this regard

Hbd

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by otunbadan(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Haters plenty here oooooo... But happy birthday to the baba and role model of many big Nigerian artist at the moment...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Davidfrosh: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
K
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by letsgetgoing: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy Birthday Big Bros.
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by enemyofprogress: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
I ate this guy with passion
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by jayjaymay(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I ate this guy with passion

hating on someone can never make u better....it leaves you bitter bro.
Happy sunday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by enemyofprogress: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
jayjaymay:

hating on someone can never make u better....it leaves you bitter bro.
Happy sunday
leaf me Jo,I ate him
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by omamush(f): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
grin
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by omamush(f): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
I ate this guy with passion[/quote]

don't ate him finish oo grin

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by HoodBillionaire: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
fuc u
ugly
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by springtech(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy birthday sir.
I celebrate you on this auspicious occasion of your birthday.
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by brodalikeme(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Happy birthday bro and congrats. If you can make it in Nigeria without someone to copy from, then you have tried.
Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
Maybe your problems are too much for you to smile about
SIMPLYkush:
Happy birthday ugly old comedian who can't even make anybody smile with his wicked face

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Toks2008(m): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
sunnysunny69:
Grandfather of comedy in Nigeria if not African as a whole, happy birthday .

You must be of the indomie generation.

Gbenga Adewunsi of the funwatan fame is the grandfather.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry

Alibaba is a legend but he has an unhealthy sense of entitlement

He also epitomizes the worst sense of style i have seen in a full grown man.. ALL EGO-DRIVEN

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Princenady(m): 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
If this man can make it in Nigeria then anybody can, just like his boy AY. I still wonder how dey made it wt their dry jokes.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by QuietHammer(m): 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

He also epitomizes the worst sense of style i have seen in a full grown man.. ALL EGO-DRIVEN
FortifiedCity:
angry

Alibaba is a legend but he has an unhealthy sense of entitlement. Talk about a man with too much ego

To slap your heads just dey hungry me

Re: Ali Baba Celebrates His 53rd Birthday. See Then Vs Now Photos by Princenady(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

who no like Ego (money) tell me u r not ALL EGO-DRIVEN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banky W: Ending SARS Is Just Step 1 / Freeze Replies Kiibati Bankole: I'm Not Broke, This Has Nothing To Do With Money / Anita Okoye Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.