Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban (711 Views)

Biden Nominates Ketanji Brown Jackson To The US Supreme Court / Biden To Appoint Candace Jackson-Akiwumi As US Supreme Court Justice / President Biden Ends Trump’s Travel Ban On Nigeria, Muslim Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by iko123: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
The United States Supreme Court has upheld President Donald Trump's controversial order blocking entry by people from several Muslim-majority countries, rejecting a challenge that it discriminated against Muslims or exceeded his authority.
The 5-4 decision on Tuesday is the court's first substantive ruling on a Trump administration policy.
The court held that the challengers had failed to show that the ban violates either US immigration law or the Constitution's First Amendment prohibition on the government favouring one religion over another.
Lower courts had previously blocked the travel ban, the third version of a policy Trump first pursued a week after taking office in January 2017. But on December 4, the high court allowed it to go fully into effect while the legal challenge continued.
The challengers, led by the state of Hawaii, argued the policy was motivated by Trump's enmity towards Muslims
The White House maintains the ban targets individuals from countries that have failed to provide enough information to allow for proper vetting of prospective travellers. Trump also says it is needed on matters of national security.
The current ban, announced in September, prohibits entry into the US by most people from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen.
It has been widely criticised by human rights and refugee advocacy groups.

http://www.currentgist.com.ng/2018/06/us-supreme-court-upholds-trump-travel.html?m=1

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
The right thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by coluka: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
That's good news

2 Likes

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by tolexy007(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
nice one

2 Likes

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by obixcel(m): 11:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lol... It seems the Trump haters are hiding in their safe space...imagine if the ruling was the opposite? You will see flooding comments of mockery. I knew in the end the Decision on the travel ban would be upheld. Good one I must say.

3 Likes

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 1:20am On Jun 28, 2018
obixcel:
Lol... It seems the Trump haters are hiding in their safe space...imagine if the ruling was the opposite? You will see flooding comments of mockery. I knew in the end the Decision on the travel ban would be upheld. Good one I must say.
No one is hiding. We are not selling gala like you on Abuja Streets. Maybe when you get that US visa, you will know what it means to live in an organized society. Meanwhile , keep harping on a useless Dotard.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abbeybailey:
No one is hiding. We are not selling gala like you on Abuja Streets. Maybe when you get that US visa, you will know what it means to live in an organized society. Meanwhile , keep harping on a useless Dotard.

He is back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
stanech:

He is back
That's giving you a migraine headache. How is that gala hawking going for you with respect to gala hawkers that have brains. It's an honorable hustle except for you that get your priorities wrong in life.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abbeybailey:
That's giving you a migraine headache. How is that gala hawking going for you with respect to gala hawkers that have brains. It's an honorable hustle except for you that get your priorities wrong in life.

Its fine

grin
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
stanech:

Its fine

grin
You must be happy with Trampy now I guess but don't worry we decent and good hearted Americans will laugh last. I must confess that's it's a good week for the Dotard but bad week for Americans. We will not stop resisting him because that's the foundation of our 1st Amendment rights and Democracy.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You must be happy with Trampy now I guess but don't worry we decent and good hearted Americans will laugh last. I must confess that's it's a good week for the Dotard but bad week for Americans. We will not stop resisting him because that's the foundation of our 1st Amendment rights and Democracy.

It was actually a Good week for Americans depending on the side you are on mister

1 Like

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
stanech:

It was actually a Good week for Americans depending on the side you are on mister
What do you know about America except the junk being fed to you by the racists ruining my beautiful country. I wish you and your uninformed friends are here and see how much hatred the people you support have for your kind. If they treat Latinos and Latinas like that, imagine how they will treat someone like you they call " mud people ".
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by obixcel(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
stanech:

He is back
The deranged libtard grin
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by obixcel(m): 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You were hiding while taking a dose of Maxine grin grin grin
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
obixcel:
You were hiding while taking a dose of Maxine grin grin grin
And you were selling gala on the streets of Abuja. You have a lot of gala to sell to raise the US visa fee. More grease to your elbow. That visa i can assure you with Trampy in the office will be an eternal illusion for you.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Jokerman(m): 8:45am On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
What do you know about America except the junk being fed to you by the racists ruining my beautiful country. I wish you and your uninformed friends are here and see how much hatred the people you support have for your kind. If they treat Latinos and Latinas like that, imagine how they will treat someone like you they call " mud people ".

Who made you an American You better come back and let's change Nigeria for the better....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 10:05am On Jun 29, 2018
Jokerman:

Who made you an American You better come back and let's change Nigeria for the better....

cheesy
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:

YEA WE HAD THAT B4 THE ELECTION. HE STILL WON.

2 Likes

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
stanech:

YEA WE HAD THAT B4 THE ELECTION. HE STILL WON.
And You are still in Nigeria dealing with Bozo Harem, Miyetti Allah and the deadly inferno on Lagos Ibadan express way. Charity begins at home. Your country is caving in and you who can't escape the calamity is foaming in the mouth about a country you can't even get a visa to travel to. Beware before the ritual killing in your village gets to you.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
And You are still in Nigeria dealing with Bozo Harem, Miyetti Allah and the deadly inferno on Lagos Ibadan express way. Charity begins at home. Your country is caving in and you who can't escape the calamity is foaming in the mouth about a country you can't even get a visa to travel to. Beware before the ritual killing in your village gets to you.

Dont worry i will be fine
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by Abbeybailey(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
stanech:

Dont worry i will be fine
The people being butchered by Boko Haram, Mishetti Allah and the ones incinerated yesterday used to say the same thing. Your country is tearing up at the seams and a loudmouth is showing his ignorance everyday on Nairaland.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban by stanech: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
The people being butchered by Boko Haram, Mishetti Allah and the ones incinerate yesterday used to say the same thing. Your country is tearing up at the seams and a loudmouth is showing his ignorance everyday on Nairaland.

Like I said dont worry about me

(1) (Reply)

Two Woman Trump Is Considering For Supreme Court One Is A Nigerian. / Developments Across Africa / Rwanda President Warns: Stop Dictating To Africa. Your System Has Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.