Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? (34024 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / Maradona Gives Nigeria A Middle Finger During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by MD45: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ball-to-hand or handball...... If it had been the other way round the penalty would have been given. We failed to bury Argentina with two clear chances that were blown away by Ighalo (he should have done better) in the second half. Ihenacho was playing against us in the first half, Etebo was just playing for personal glory from the very first game. Umeruo showed his gross lack of football intelligence with poor marking of Messi that resulted in the goal. Two of our key players, Mikel and Moses never came to this tournament with fire and fury (especially Victor Moses). Rather it came from strange quarters (Ahmed Musa). Argentina was clearly on their knees. Overall, we had the game in our hands and we blew. Think of the fact that we could only score Argentina from the penalty spot shows that we never had a future in the tournament. This exit (disaster) was bound to happen..... maybe in the next game if we had qualified for second round today. The coach is a man am proud of as this is the only promising team i have seen in a very long time. I personally feel he should stay on and continue with the good work he has started.....

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by bidak(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
My observations
1. We lose possession too easily
I guess the game plan was to sit tight and defend then play on counter attack but we should have done better when we were possession of the ball ( we did better against Iceland even Croatia)
2. People talk about our defense and midfield but our attack is where our major issue lies , All our attackers are not good enough ( even during the World Cup qualifiers our wingers scored most of our goals).
3. Rohr should have done made the substitution earlier, obviously the boys were getting tired ( onazi and iwobi should have been introduced the former should come do some dirty making and the latter should come try drive ball and win fouls
Plus: There was no ojoro in the match, the Ref did a nice job and the team that needed the match more won

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by ALAYORMII: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
translux:
Bunch of Average players

What do you mean by average players??

They are below average
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by mojysiola(f): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
chinachris111:

WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, I WRITE THIS:
I am very sure majority of Nigerians left
everything they were supposed to do today to
honour our players as they struggled to reach a
positive end.
--------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I wish to congratulate our #players
for the wonderful performance they put out this
evening. I am sure we all saw that.
Yes we lost the match, oh yes I know we lost
the match. But did we really loose this match on
a normal ground?
My fellow Nigerians, I know how bad things are in
our country but let us put that aside for now
and consider the present situation.
......RACISM, OH YES RACISM!!!!
They treated us with contempt, denied us our
# right in the presence of the whole world and
made us look as if we are not humans. I know
very well that our players struggled, of course
they really struggled with everything in them, yet
their efforts were ruined, ruined not by normal
circumstances but with by hatred, and
magnanimous racism. Yes I know I may be
sounding stupid to some people but I am just
expressing myself the way I feel, and I know
very well that a lot of you out there are not
happy with what happened today.
Well, "the oil has spilled and cannot be
regained".
I suggest we appreciate our players for their
efforts and not criticize them(using the present
problems we are facing in Nigeria) because they
really did well.
Oh!!! It pains, it really hurts to be treated with
contempt, but I know one thing.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!
God bless you for this write up. After the match, the simple question I asked was that can Racism ever end? Because clearly that was what the referee exhibited today.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by chigo5(m): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
Oluwadamilare118:
Our keeper is not good enough, or better say, he's not moving toward a ball and not always prepared. Long ball is a weakness to him

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by chigo5(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
Oluwadamilare118:
Our keeper is not good enough, or better say, he's not moving toward a ball and not always prepared. Long ball is a weakness to him
yeah if you look at da Messi's goal he no compose him sef he was still checking his angles Bfr reacting to d ball, I think he could have save the Messi shot, my opinion though

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Indestructible: 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
chinachris111:

positive end.
a normal ground?
regained".
really did well.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!
yh,but can't we do something about it... lyk maybe write an appeal to FIFA
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Shollay20(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
money good..,

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Sunmolar(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
chinachris111:

positive end.
a normal ground?
regained".
really did well.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!
yes it was a handball. African countries should just stay a way from next world cup. let them continue to cheat themselves.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Martinez19(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
grin grin grin

1) The coach was stupid. Argentina were under more pressure and had much to lose and much at stake compared to us. Given that, I expected us to play an attacking formation, pass and hold the ball and keep them chasing. It was foolish for us to defend and let them attack.

2) Iheanacho was wasteful and selfish in the first half. Probably was trying to be hero like Musa.

3) We made the mistake of not marking Messi and letting him run free and finding space in the first half.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by tunex22(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Dedetwo(m): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
Soccer players use artistry to display self –esteem. Most Nigerian players look lost on the field of play. Anyway, it is after all Africa, a continent which did not vote one of the world’s soccer greats, Jay-Jay Okocha, as Africa’s footballer of the year. Most people of world tend to marvel at crass stupidity exhibited by most Africans.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by maduxs: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
You can’t be butchering innocent citizens in the name of herdsmen and expect to win a major competition . The gods are wise
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by taiwiki(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
1. The coach doesn't know the players well enough
2. Ighalo is useless
3. The commentator was so bias
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by mimimile93: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
Super Eagles coach is a fvcken racist.
That's my observation.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by opribo(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
Our football still have a long way tp go.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by tunex22(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
1. so out of a population of about 180 million, igalo who plays in China emerged as our only best striker ....... what do you expect from such a person? as he can only perfom a bit if we're lucky to be matched against China national team.

2. this match made us discover that even with the VAR, you can still be cheated and robbed by the referee for one reason or the other .

3. Any unfit, finished, below average players should not be allowed in the team, as the will weaken the 11 players on the pitch, and also weaken the bench. players like onazi, Joel obi, igalo, and other useless players.

4. any player that moves to China, Vietnam, Thailand, and other stupid lower league for money should never again be allowed in the team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
chinachris111:

positive end.
a normal ground?
regained".
really did well.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!

See the response from Amanda Davies of CNN on Nigeria...Nigeria is an afterthought. The black race is in trouble.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by sannde: 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
they didn't wear the celebrated Jersey, they can't win.
verify with Croatia, Iceland,.. get d point.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Rocktation(f): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
We still don't have strikers..After allllll these years and with a population of 170 million plus people...
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!!! angry
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by madjune(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
suregalluv:
They were too slow afteer they scored the first goal. Too dull!

That's in their vein.
It's always been typical of eagles to get dull once they equalize a goal and then wait for the opponent to score.

This team can do anything differently in the next 4 yrs.
They would always fear an average or stronger opponent.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by icon007(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
The same thing keep happening to Nigeria. Even though this set of players are not impressive at all. I can still give it to the defenders, they tried. I remember Argentina beating us in 1994 world cup just like this! Then it was Roberto Baggio cool cool cool
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by fabianiyobosa(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
Our right back was totally useless.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by lexy2014: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
eluquenson:
The major setback was the coach using three strikers in second half, why bring in ighalo when we have defenders on bench

Our strikers are mere onlookers, they can't score but rather protest.

So many mistakes from the coach and super eagles players are mere average players.
if u want 2 blame d coach, am with u a 100%. D performance of d players is a function of d mentality of d coach. When I hear people say some players are average and some are world class, u guys forget 2 realise that world class players aren't born, they are made. They are moulded by coaches. That's what a coach like arsene Wenger did 4d likes of thiery henry&Vieira who were worse than average players b4 going to arsenal. So our foreign coach is d biggest let down as far as am.concerned
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by lexy2014: 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
icon007:
The same thing keep happening to Nigeria. Even though this set of players are not impressive at all. I can still give it to the defenders, they tried. I remember Argentina beating us in 1994 world cup just like this! Then it was Roberto Baggio cool cool cool
baggio in Argentina

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Matinho: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ighalo had already blocked comments long time ago being the proud pig that he is if you know him in real life, hes a proud fool and a blockhead.

SexytorresE:
U won't believe Igahlo block people from commenting on his IG post, but I still took my anger to Iheanacho's post on IG. Am ready for his fans that will support him base on what I I said . Anyway one dude came out and trashed poo I gave him his match #idiots bunch of garbages in forms of players
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by MD45: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
icon007:

Guy.... Check wetin you write again..... Check.... Check
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by 3kay945(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
TissuePaper:
I believe the referee was not biased ...but nigerians would always look for who to put the blame on

Modified

So this was actually what happened grin...if it is true then i take back my earlier statement

You no well o bro grin
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by gannod(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
Cletus77:

I don't know why etebo keep holding the ball even when he is surrounded

He should have been substituted in the 70th minute. Iwobi would have done a bett job. No discipline,no urgency and the coach is one of the dumbest coaches I have ever seen. He doesn't read matches very well. After we equalised, he should have brought Iwobi and Ebuehi in for etebo and Idowu respectively. I also wonder what Ogu was Doing on the bench...

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by lexy2014: 10:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
Rocktation:
We still don't have strikers..After allllll these years and with a population of 170 million plus people...
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!!! angry
we have strikers but our foreign coach was very poor in his selection and his tactics
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by SexytorresE(f): 10:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
Matinho:
Ighalo had already blocked comments long time ago being the proud pig that he is if you know him in real life, hes a proud fool and a blockhead.

Jesus! I wouldn't know. I phina dnt follow celebrities, he is foolish then, cos he already knows what he will do at the tournament
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Windflower(f): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
Our coach: he doesn't feel passionate about the game, like he isn't giving his all. I saw Argentina's coach, the way he patted his team when they made their entrance for the second half. You could see from his reaction that failure was not an option.
The team itself: There was no good communication between the team in terms of passing the ball, Argentina was so well coordinated, it's was almost like they were communicating while passing the ball, they were a team on that field. Nigeria team was like a bunch of different people with individual differences.
Flexibility and Agility: clearly Nigeria lacked the ability to run around the field, Argentina was everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daniel Daudu, Basketballer Dies In The USA (Photo) / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His Mother's Birthday; Shares Cute Photos With His Parents / Nigerian & Ugandan Players Dancing With Paul Okoye Of Psquare.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.