Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:47 AM

Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau (46108 Views)

Police Rescue 7 Abducted Travelers In Osun / Youths Looting An SUV After Travelers Were Attacked While Heading To Abuja. Pics / Irigwe Militia Attacks Fulani Herdsmen In Plateau, Kill Them & Cows. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Empiree:
you don't understand. There are ranches in the USA. Some are private owners. some are govt owned. Whether private or not govt still oversees private land to make sure it conforms with federal, state and local laws.

Herd's business is not exclusive to fulani people. Other tribes can do it as well but fulanis are known for this business just like other people. All Nigerians benefits from fulani business because at least we buy cows for ileya and other things. If there are ranches in the South West and East, this will also lower cost of buying rams and cows from North.

It is clear to me now the way you talk that you guys aren't ready to compromise anything. If I have land that is prone to govt reserve for ranch or grazing, wallahi, I will sell it at higher price to the govt. It is a win win situation for me.

This idea of "this is my ancestors' land, this is my great great grandpa land" should ditched. The same applies to the north. This is old method we need to do away with. Most of these lands are just there functionless.

And yet you still have problems with omo onile after buying land. In some places, you still don't own the land in Yorubaland even though you paid for it bcus the so called ómó onile still claim ownership many yrs later.

Instead of this nonsense, why not sell the land to the govt and get over family stuff?. Only in certain places should families permanently own land. This is how it should be. This is 21century. Sardauna's plan was correct and modern.

If you people don't compromise now, I'm afraid this killing will continue. And it is even worse if fulani buy lands permanently in the SouthEast and South West. They simply will claim the deed forever. It is better to have in control of govt.

Who doesnt want peace really? Most of these states have made a bill to ban open grazing and there is the demand for state policing just like they have in texas, isnt that the way to go?
Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Empiree: 8:56am On Jun 29, 2018
kattytamer:

Who doesnt want peace really? Most of these states have made a bill to ban open grazing and there is the demand for state policing just like they have in texas, isnt that the way to go?
This is easier said than done. This is theory. What did they do practically to actualize the theory?. We know nigerian politicians only talk talk talk and talk with no action. Because of their inaction is the reason for these incessant killings. Agree?

They agreed to ban open grazing bcus it makes sense as Sadarna's planned. But another time they speak from other side of their mouth. What's their plan about ranches in the country?
Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Empiree:
This is easier said than done. This is theory. What did they do practically to actualize the theory?. We know nigerian politicians only talk talk talk and talk with no action. Because of their inaction is the reason for these incessant killings. Agree?

They agreed to ban open grazing bcus it makes sense as Sadarna's planned. But another time they speak from other side of their mouth. What's their plan about ranches in the country?
You asking what they did? Really? Did they get the support of the fg concerning those issues? Or the fg is squarely against it?

Anyway like I said earlier the real fulani herders ought to liase with community heads to work out an agreement where they pay certain rentage annually or under whatever terms. In doing that the community knows ardo maisari and his 200 cattle herds have a designated plot for ranching and everyone respects his boundaries.

There are millions of northerners doing all kinds of businesses peacefully in the south and elsewhere without causing unnecessary problems, why is the fulanis case different? They believe they are above everyone. They are the only ones who have the guts to send threat warnings to farmers to vacate their farms for their cattle to feed on a given date.
Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Empiree: 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
kattytamer:

You asking what they did? Really? Did they get the support of the fg concerning those issues? Or the fg is squarely against it?

Anyway like I said earlier the real fulani herders ought to liase with community heads to work out an agreement where they pay certain rentage annually or under whatever terms. In doing that the community knows ardo maisari and his 200 cattle herds have a designated plot for ranching and everyone respects his boundaries.
Understood but was this plan agreed to, if so where is your evidence please?. Besides, i personally won't even agree with this. This leads to inflation. Herd business is something benefited by the entire country, and when it comes to buying their livestock you people know very well how to negotiate the price but you refused to compromise yours. Govt better off buying the land than dealing with family land owners where everyone in the family claims right to collect rent on the ranches. It is like you have 3 bedroom apartment and you rent rooms to 3 different people. Why not rent the apartment to one person or one family?. Herdsmen have to deal with different families who don't even agree within themselves. That's too much. We know how family property matters can be very complicated. Advance way is to let the govt buy the land and herdsmen pay tax to the govt. And it is cheaper and in turn affordable for the consumers to buy cows at low rate. But your approach is the evidence of inflation during ileya or any festival. Herdsmen approach is modem style just like Sardauna planned. That's exactly the way it is done in the West. Since SW and SE portray themselves as educated people,, why not go by Sardauna's plan?. Besides are there already reserved rances in the SW/SE?.

My other question is, what's Islam and Muslims have to do with this. This is what CAN and many are promoting instead of addressing the issue.

There are millions of northerners doing all kinds of businesses peacefully in the south and elsewhere without causing unnecessary problems, why is the fulanis case different?[thank God you dial the truth for once. Herd's business is bigger and the entire country benefit from it. It is equivalent to chain markets in the US. Govt control chain supermarkets even if it is owned privately.

[quote]They believe they are above everyone. They are the only ones who have the guts to send threat warnings to farmers to vacate their farms for their cattle to feed on a given date.
I don't think so. It is obvious they are acting on whatever agreement reached. But I don't agree with killings. That's absurd. Let me tell you that the easiest way is for the land owners to sell the land to the govt so that herd's people don't have to deal with families and inflation. There is no regulation there but with govt there will be.

#myopinion
Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Empiree:
Understood but was this plan agreed to, if so where is your evidence please?. Besides, i personally won't even agree with this. This leads to inflation. Herd business is something benefited by the entire country, and when it comes to buying their livestock you people know very well how to negotiate the price but you refused to compromise yours. Govt better off buying the land than dealing with family land owners where everyone in the family claims right to collect rent on the ranches. It is like you have 3 bedroom apartment and you rent rooms to 3 different people. Why not rent the apartment to one person or one family?. Herdsmen have to deal with different families who don't even agree within themselves. That's too much. We know how family property matters can be very complicated. Advance way is to let the govt buy the land and herdsmen pay tax to the govt. And it is cheaper and in turn affordable for the consumers to buy cows at low rate. But your approach is the evidence of inflation during ileya or any festival. Herdsmen approach is modem style just like Sardauna planned. That's exactly the way it is done in the West. Since SW and SE portray themselves as educated people,, why not go by Sardauna's plan?. Besides are there already reserved rances in the SW/SE?.

My other question is, what's Islam and Muslims have to do with this. This is what CAN and many are promoting instead of addressing the issue.

My friend you are forgeting nigeria is multi-cultural, what works in a more unified western country wont work here, what you want wouldnt work because of that, more especially with the govt is today where a particular section of the country benefits far more than others though its the least of worries. No one wants to wake up tomorrow to see strangers become the owners of their lands with federal backing. It wont happen.
Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Empiree: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
kattytamer:
No one wants to wake up tomorrow to see strangers become the owners of their lands with federal backing. It wont happen.
So what difference does it make if fulanis buy lands or if govt buys lands?.

You once said

kattytamer:

Fulanis should buy lands

If they buy lands they own it permanently. That's why I said that for fulani to buy the land is worse case scenario. It should be govt.

Now you claim that plan that I proposed won't work. Why then you people so much about Western and modern when you can copy them on everything but you cant emulate on this?. See double standards. Fulanis' proposal makes sense.

Your plan will inflate cost of cows especially during festivals like ileya bcus Yoruba for instance will not stablize price. You can see that even with ordinary rental property. And also herdsmen have to deal with landowner family issues. You know what that means, don't you?. And remember, if govt buys land it only means that you as a yoruba man may also buy lands permanently in the North or East vis a vis if for instance you decide to relocate.

We need to move past ancestors stuff. And I don't even see the so called favoritism being on one aside. Every politician is guilty of that including citizens. It is all politics. All that can be desolved if law can be upheld to punish descrimination, favoritism, nepotism and all that.
Re: Graphic Video Of Birom Attack On Muslim Travelers In Plateau by Decent09(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
More

Had it been Nigerians knows Biroms, one of the worse tribes on planet earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Landlady Hires Robbers To Rob Tenant In Lagos (Photo) / Chinese Boss Filmed Whipping Men Tied To A Tree Jailed In Rwanda / 4-Year-Old Girl Identifies Staff Who Defiled Her Inside School’s Toilet In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.