Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Free Online Sources To Learn Programming Languages - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Free Online Sources To Learn Programming Languages (764 Views)

What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? / Learn Programming, Graphics & Animation Free!!: Nairaland Group Project / I Want To Learn Programming, Where Do I Start From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Sources To Learn Programming Languages by Seanaq: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2018
Hello community! I'm a self-taught programmer and already coding for more than a year. As I went through a lot of different sources and ways in order to learn programming, today I want to share the sources that I found most useful and worth to try. Also, I would be interested to discuss about different sources and what other sites do you use for coding lessons. Here are my top suggestions:

1. Khan Academy - it is a non-profit online platform providing a completely free library of educational “micro-lectures.” Focusing on more traditional academic subjects, Khan Academy provides a mix of video and text-based materials in computer programming. Since Khan Academy is free for anyone to use, it’s a great to way to get a taste for a subject before moving onto a more advanced course elsewhere.

2. Codecademy - it s dedicated to teaching people how to code—and it’s available for free. The school offers courses on a number of languages—including PHP, Phython and Ruby—and students are often already building and deploying projects by the time they finish their course.

3. TeamTreeHouse - it is a subscription-based website that teaches interested users skills in the tech field. One of the great advantages at Treehouse is that, aside from the fact that their courses are fun and straightforward, their subscription fees are quite low. All the Teamtreehouse courses are very beginner friendly.

4. Bitdegree - it is a blockchain powered education platform that aims to revolutionize education and the blockchain technology. The platform offers students best online courses with a transparent a clear blockchain based achievement tracking and rewards system. Speaking about programming, they offer very good interactive coding courses for beginners, so I really liked the part that after going trough theory part you immediately do the practice.

(1) (Reply)

Promo: Get Your ".com" Domain For As Low As ₦3,500 Only No Added Charge / Allow Single Product Buy With Prestashop One Click Checkout By Knowband / Invalid Activity Appeal (google Adsense)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.