Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! (1557 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / "Will Ugly People Go To Heaven? If Yes, Will They Still Be Ugly In Heaven?" / Will You Still Make Heaven If Pastor Adeboye Miss Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
Whether you believe that nobody is perfect or can be perfect, Virgin Jesus is coming for a Virgin church, a perfect church without spot or wrinkle, blemishes or flaws. so if nobody is perfect or can be then it follows than nobody will make heaven or can make heaven. Let use start speaking the truth in our heart and with our mouth and stop deceiving ourselves. let us decide this day whom we should serve. let us decide for once and all if our cause is possible. and if it is let us be focused, determined on it and endure to the end so that we will be saved and counted worthy to inherit the kingdom of God. If we find this mission impossible then let use stop these pretenses and join the world and enjoy this little life while it is still with us. The apostle james said "A double minded man is unstable in all his way, he shall not excel" if this is so then we will not excel in our race to heaven if we are double minded, not single mined, harboring doubts, faithless and unbelieving. If we intend to reach heaven we should also intend to attain perfection cos Christ said "be perfect cos ur father in heaven is perfect". There is no other way. this is the only way. this explain better why there are few that find the narrow and strait way and few that go thereby and again why many will be called but few will be chosen. our example Jesus was a perfect one so be perfect like the person you are imitating. May the peace of God reign in the heart of the doers of this word, Amen.

True virginity/Christianity cannot be over stretched cos it is a demonstration of the virginity of the church and Christ.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2010
Ever heard of the righteousness of faith?
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
I am a bloody sinner, but i will make it to heaven before pastor chris grin
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I am a bloody sinner, but i will make it to heaven before pastor chris  grin

sad  Just for a moment I thought you were going to end your statement with,'', , and need no common grace!''
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
(Singing)

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;

Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
unclothed, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2010
U are referring to the salvation from sin- the sinners prayer.  i am talking about making heaven not becoming born again and Faith without works is dead. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=433323.msg5918832#msg5918832
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
chinedumo:

U are referring to the salvation from sin- the sinners prayer.  i am talking about making heaven not becoming born again and Faith without works is dead. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=433323.msg5918832#msg5918832

If you please, divide salvation into 3 phases or a 100, they would all still be of grace.

When believers are told of their being saved by grace, what does it mean to them? Wouldn't you expect only unbelievers to be told that?
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
Singing:

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Refrain

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He’ll never cast me out.

Refrain

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior’s Name,
Salvation through His blood.

Refrain

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

Refrain
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Be ye therefore PERFECT as your Father in heaven is PERFECT. Who said that? Jesus Christ.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by Image123(m): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
Be ye therefore PERFECT as your Father in heaven is PERFECT. Who said that? Jesus Christ.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2010
5solas:

If you please, divide salvation into 3 phases or a 100, they would all still be of grace.

When believers are told of their being saved by grace, what does it mean to them? Wouldn't you expect only unbelievers to be told that?
what i hear u talking about is the sinners prayer. or plz could u refer to me a scripture where already saved need another grace to be saved from sin or maybe a reason why it should be so. plz rely more on scriptures than those song than might be unbalanced. any song u sing is not for everybody some are for the unsaved other are for saved. that it is been sung in church is probably 4 the saved singing it for the unsaved, encouraging then and informing then. but certainly not to be sang by the unsaved 4 the saved or the saved 4 the saved
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by EvaYoung1(f): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
God is merciful though but we should not take his mercies for granted. We should all try to strive to do our best in getting it right, though as human beings its quite difficult. But our Merciful and Caring God will enrich us and give us the strenght to move on.

Remain for Eva Young!!!

www.evayoung.biz
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6K[b]nowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.[/b]

7[b]For he that is dead is freed from sin.
[/b]
8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10[b]For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.[/b]

11[b]Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[/b]
12[b]Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.[/b]

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14[b]For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.[/b]

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22[b]But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[/b]
23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

King James Version (KJV)
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
chinedumo:

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6K[b]nowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.[/b]

7[b]For he that is dead is freed from sin.
[/b]
8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10[b]For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.[/b]

11[b]Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[/b]
12[b]Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.[/b]

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14[b]For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.[/b]

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22[b]But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[/b]
23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

King James Version (KJV)

Please give me your understanding of Rom.6:1 , I believe it is so often quoted and misinterprinted especially when discussing grace.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
Image123:

Therefore we are perfect?
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
Eva Young:

God is merciful though but we should not take his mercies for granted. We should all try to strive to do our best in getting it right, though as human beings its quite difficult. But our Merciful and Caring God will enrich us and give us the strenght to move on.

Remain for Eva Young!!!

www.evayoung.biz

Amen!
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
(Singing):

AMAZING GRACE
Amazing grace! how sweet the sound—
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
chinedumo:

what i hear u talking about is the sinners prayer. or plz could u refer to me a scripture where already saved need another grace to be saved from sin or maybe a reason why it should be so. plz rely more on scriptures than those song than might be unbalanced. any song u sing is not for everybody some are for the unsaved other are for saved. that it is been sung in church is probably 4 the saved singing it for the unsaved, encouraging then and informing then. but certainly not to be sang by the unsaved 4 the saved or the saved 4 the saved

I just so love singing the old, old songs. Please point out to me any aspect of these songs you consider unscriptural .
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
it is by the grace of God that we exist. but remember that to whom much is given much is expected. that is why in this era of grace the standard of expectation is higher than before and punishment for failure is more harsh HEb10: 27,28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?
so lets us start this way, prove to me through scriptures that that Christ died for sinners to make heaven(and not to save them for servitude to sin) and if new converts don't make heaven the fault comes from Christ. and that the righteousness by faith is sufficient to take a convert to heaven. i want to remind u that when one is saved his spirit is renewed and not his body or mind hence the injunction to already Christians at Romans 12:1,2 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. again grace is unmerited goodness of God to us . having said that it is inappropriate 4 one to dis regard the grace and love of God and also not putting it into use. "a good turn deserves another" therefore we ought to reciprocate God's act of Love by showing love and Grace to God and by working in Love and grace just as Jesus did. John 1:14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. Christ staked his integrity with the father when he sanctified us with his blood giving us access to the father and throne room, putting and giving use the same privileged and status he had with the father let us not disappoint him and frustrate him. he did that because he knew that man will never be free on his own without God's input, that is why he made use joint heir with him. it is left now for us to use our exalted position with the Son to take care of every form of Unholiness and sin
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2010
5solas:

Please give me your understanding of Rom.6:1 , I believe it is so often quoted and misinterprinted especially when discussing grace.

Roman 5:20 is the chapter and verse presiding Romans 6: 1 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
Paul had already stated a point here. he then ask that if someone thinks he is smart to take advantage of the increasing grace occasioned by increasing sin to continue sinning, that he/she got another think coming cos Galatians 6:7 God is not mocked whatsoever a man sows that he will reap. so Paul is saying that God increases Grace not to permit or accommodate sin but to eradicate it. whaT MIS INTERPritatioon do u read into this? almost like he is saying that u will not need grace if there is no sin or that the abundance of Grace does not prove the absence of sin but can signify the abundance of sin
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
sinners and the unsaved are not sons of God. the grace that saved u from sin makes u a son and God ur father. Jesus has this injunction for sons of God BE PeRFECT as ur father in heaven is perfect
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
chinedumo:

prove to me through scriptures that that Christ died for sinners to make heaven(and not to save them for servitude to sin) and if new converts don't make heaven the fault comes from Christ. and that the righteousness by faith is sufficient to take a convert to heaven

Chinedumo

Sorry I have not responded b4 now. I did not runaway grin. I was commenting on another thread, you can check it out https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461983.0.html .

I started by mentioning the righteousness which is by faith, I would have elaborated but for the fact that I was derailed. It was needful to say that because, though you were saying something good - the need to strive towards perfection, you were saying it at the expense of other truths. You implied that we must be perfect to get to heaven, that to me is speaking as though Christ did not die or died to no purpose. As for your post above, Christ' death ensures all who believe will certainly get to heaven. God with whom we have to do cloths the believer with the righteousness of faith and will present them faultless and irreproachable in His presence on the last day. Of course, it does not imply that they are to do no good works.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
5solas:

Chinedumo

Sorry I have not responded b4 now. I did not runaway grin. I was commenting on another thread, you can check it out https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461983.0.html .

I started by mentioning the righteousness which is by faith, I would have elaborated but for the fact that I was derailed. It was needful to say that because, though you were saying something good - the need to strive towards perfection, you were saying it at the expense of other truths. You implied that we must be perfect to get to heaven, that to me is speaking as though Christ did not die or died to no purpose. As for your post above, Christ' death ensures all who believe will certainly get to heaven. God with whom we have to do cloths the believer with the righteousness of faith and will present them faultless and irreproachable in His presence on the last day. Of course, it does not imply that they are to do no good works.

the way i see it u have missed the point i am trying to illustrate. let me start by asking u who do u think will judge the world on the last day? these scriptures may help John 5:22,23 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. Acts 17:30, 31 "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

let me help u again
Note the conditions required one the last day, and who is making the requirements
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

i will give u another
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

"i know that the basic common sinners prayer is "come into my life and be my lord and savior" the character above recognized the lord ship of Jesus but what was he doing? mouth service but doesn't do the LORD's command ,will. his work level is zero let see Christ command to his disciples
Matthew 5:16 (New International Version)

16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
5solas:

It was needful to say that because, though you were saying something good - the need to strive towards perfection, you were saying it at the expense of other truths. You implied that we must be perfect to get to heaven, that to me is speaking as though Christ did not die or died to no purpose. As for your post above, Christ' death ensures all who believe will certainly get to heaven. God with whom we have to do cloths the believer with the righteousness of faith and will present them faultless and irreproachable in His presence on the last day. Of course, it does not imply that they are to do no good works.
this is the part of your post that i find interesting cos i will like u to elaborate more on it and what made u feel that i made the death and resurrection of Christ of non effect.
MATTHEW 24:12,13Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Revelation 3:5He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

The work of Christ one earth in his first coming is to give u the ability to do things(righteousness, holiness, sonship) but Christ will and did not do those things for u. u have to do those things for urself. the difference is that if Christ had not come u cannot do those things even if u wanted but now that he has come u have being given the ability to do those things but those things will still remain undone now that u are a christian, not because u cannot do it but because u have not done it or don't want to do it or maybe also because u don't know that u should do them or that u can do them,Philippians 2:12b-13 12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

John 1:12(KJV)But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Kng James translators note:
power: or, the right, or, privilege
Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
gave he power-The word signifies both authority and ability, and both are certainly meant here.

so therefore by believing u receive the ability to be sons of God. by WORKING out that faith u live, demonstrate, act and experience the life of sonship
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
chinedumo:

the way i see it u have missed the point i am trying to illustrate. let me start by asking u who do u think will judge the world on the last day? these scriptures may help John 5:22,23 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. Acts 17:30, 31 "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

let me help u again
Note the conditions required one the last day, and who is making the requirements
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

i will give u another
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

"i know that the basic common sinners prayer is "come into my life and be my lord and savior" the character above recognized the lord ship of Jesus but what was he doing? mouth service but doesn't do the LORD's command ,will. his work level is zero let see Christ command to his disciples
Matthew 5:16 (New International Version)

16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

First of all, let me make this observation: a lot of errors in doctrine occur when/where we fail to draw distinctions when/where we should and when/where we draw distinctions when/where we shouldn't. [/b]For the case at hand I do not see the need for this distinction, knowing the Father and the Son are of the same mind and they who are accepted by the Father are necessarily accepted by the Son. Who is being referred to in Jude 24,25 the verse I had in mind? Whether God or Christ, since the Son approves only what the Father does, your distinction is irrelevant.

Secondly , who are those Christ will say to thus, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world'. Chinedumo, they are , [b]believers!
And those to whom He would say, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels' are unbelievers. This interpretation is in perfect agreement with John 3:16. Those going to heaven there, are going on the basis that they were believers. Being believers ,their lives were characterized by good works.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
5solas:

First of all, let me make this observation: a lot of errors in doctrine occur when/where we fail to draw distinctions when/where we should and when/where we draw distinctions when/where we shouldn't. [/b]For the case at hand I do not see the need for this distinction, knowing the Father and the Son are of the same mind and they who are accepted by the Father are necessarily accepted by the Son. Who is being referred to in Jude 24,25 the verse I had in mind? Whether God or Christ, since the Son approves only what the Father does, your distinction is irrelevant.

Secondly , who are those Christ will say to thus, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world'. Chinedumo, they are , [b]believers!
And those to whom He would say, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels' are unbelievers. This interpretation is in perfect agreement with John 3:16. Those going to heaven there, are going on the basis that they were believers. Being believers ,their lives were characterized by good works.

let me point something out to you. a kingdom was prepared from the foundations of the earth, yes. we are not told that it is prepared for any particular individual other than saints and believers. meaning that ANYONE who believes shall be saved. it is prepared for those who will live out a Christ-like life. as for sinners we are not told that they are cursed from the foundation of the earth, even eternal fire was not made for them, but devil and his angels but if they do not live a christ-like life they might have to be included. Ezekiel 33:11
11 Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'

since u don't see the reason behind the distinction, i will show u then. when u bring into consideration that Christ will judge u will perish the idea that the blood will protect u. especially someone who has not lived up to the expectations of one who was once cleansed by the blood Hebrews 10:28.29 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
if the blood is all that is needed then Christ will have no need judging u at all. but all will be judged of all tribe tongues, nations Romans 2: 12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
if Paul thought it necessary to mention and to distinguish and to refer to it specifically as his gospel, then it is important and relevant. let me give u a clue. One the last Day u will see Jesus in human form judging you. it won't be any other creature or being but human being that is why they will look on him who they have pierced and the inhabitants of the earth will mourn.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
LEt begin with that book of JUDE

Jude3Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. 4For certain men whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

The deliverance of the isrealites from Egypt is like the salvation of man from his sins. the lamb's blood sprayed on the door post- the passover lamb is a representation of the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the World. but even after that great deliverance, 20 years and above perished in the wilderness, never made it to the promised land which is a symbol of heaven a land flowing with milk and honey.
Hebrews 3:7So, as the Holy Spirit says:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert,
9where your fathers tested and tried me
and for forty years saw what I did.
10That is why I was angry with that generation,
and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
and they have not known my ways.'
11So I declared on oath in my anger,
'They shall never enter my rest.' "[a]
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by chinedumo(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
JUDE 1:24To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

are u trying to imply that Christ will force us against our will? assuming someone already wants to backslide. u have to allow him to keep u from falling and follow his lead. what good will it do if he is leading and u are not following. this is very simple. it means that he has made what ever needs to be done within ur power. nothing will overcome u or overwhelm u. there is no more excuse that u cannot do things. the problem now is if u want to do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
When Christ died the veil in the temple was rent from top to bottom. u don't need to wait for the last day u to enter the presence of God. by the blood already you have access into the throne room but whether u will make it to heaven on the last day will be determined by if u lived up to expectations of someone who is a son of God and has access to the throne room.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
chinedumo:

let me point something out to you. a kingdom was prepared from the foundations of the earth, yes. we are not told that it is prepared for any particular individual other than saints and believers. meaning that ANYONE who believes shall be saved. it is prepared for those who will live out a Christ-like life. as for sinners we are not told that they are cursed from the foundation of the earth, even eternal fire was not made for them, but devil and his angels but if they do not live a christ-like life they might have to be included. Ezekiel 33:11
11 Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'

since u don't see the reason behind the distinction, i will show u then. when u bring into consideration that Christ will judge u will perish the idea that the blood will protect u. especially someone who has not lived up to the expectations of one who was once cleansed by the blood Hebrews 10:28.29 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
if the blood is all that is needed then Christ will have no need judging u at all. but all will be judged of all tribe tongues, nations Romans 2: 12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
if Paul thought it necessary to mention and to distinguish and to refer to it specifically as his gospel, then it is important and relevant. let me give u a clue. One the last Day u will see Jesus in human form judging you. it won't be any other creature or being but human being that is why they will look on him who they have pierced and the inhabitants of the earth will mourn.

Don't misunderstand my post. All I said was that they was no need to distinguish who was going to be the Judge- God or Christ. If we agree that Jude 24,25 refers to Christ, then I am at a loss to know why you are still talking of distinctions.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
chinedumo:

Jude3Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. 4For certain men whose condemnation was written about[b] long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.
5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord[c] delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

The deliverance of the isrealites from Egypt is like the salvation of man from his sins. the lamb's blood sprayed on the door post- the passover lamb is a representation of the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the World. but even after that great deliverance, 20 years and above perished in the wilderness, never made it to the promised land which is a symbol of heaven a land flowing with milk and honey.
Hebrews 3:7So, as the Holy Spirit says:
   "Today, if you hear his voice,
    8do not harden your hearts
   as you did in the rebellion,
      during the time of testing in the desert,
9where your fathers tested and tried me
      and for forty years saw what I did.
10That is why I was angry with that generation,
      and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
      and they have not known my ways.'
11So I declared on oath in my anger,
      'They shall never enter my rest.' "[a]

I understand these passages. I am for living right. If you don.t understand this, you would be arguing to no purpose. [b]What the argument is about is if it is the good we do after our conversion that takes us to heaven.[/b]You talk of 'making heaven' , I say the term as you have used it in your post is misleading and unscriptural.
Re: Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! by 5solas(m): 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2010
chinedumo:

all never enter my rest.' "

I hope you are also aware of these men : ¶

Philippians 3

1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4 ¶ Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, ¶

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 ¶ Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Paul's starts his epistles by warning against their teachings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remember The Poor / Loud Praying Neighbour. Help! / Where Are The Catholics? Who Is Observing The October Devotion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.