Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,143 members, 7,780,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Zambia: Countrywide Power Outage Riles Smes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zambia: Countrywide Power Outage Riles Smes (268 Views)

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / Iris Kaingu Bounced From Meeting Prince Harry In Zambia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia: Countrywide Power Outage Riles Smes by kongashare01: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
Countrywide Power Outage Riles SMEs
A poor blackout yesterday hit about 8 provinces in Zambia at around 16:15 hours affecting business in industrial areas especially on the Copperbelt. “Countrywide Power Outage Riles SMEs”.

Small Medium Entrepreneur Moses Mpundu complained that delay to restore power which lasted for over three hours affected business.

He has since appealed to Zesco Limited to always notify customers whenever there are challenges being experienced in the supply of Power.

“In the middle of welding power just cut and I thought it was normal like it happens mostly, but shortly I started receiving calls that the power outage had affected a lot of areas, well business was affected yes because my work here entirely depends on electricity and I do not have a power generator as an alternative, so I was really disturbed just like many of my friends,” Mpundu said.

And when contacted, ZESCO Limited Public Relations Manager Hazel Zulu said the power outage which affected almost the whole country was due to a fault at the Leopards hill substation in Lusaka.

She said preliminary investigations revealed that the outage affected parts of Lusaka as well as Central, Eastern, Northern, North Western, Luapula, Muchinga and Copperbelt provinces.

Zulu said Southern and Western Provinces remained on supply.

She said power was however restored in Lusaka by 16:24 hours, while the rest of the affected provinces around 19:00hrs.

SOURCE:[b][/b] https://xclusiveafrica.com/countrywide-power-outage-riles-smes/

Re: Zambia: Countrywide Power Outage Riles Smes by Alejoc(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
We are still in the business of providing small and need driven power to those who need it most.... Mobile Power Solution to the rescue

See signature!
Re: Zambia: Countrywide Power Outage Riles Smes by Iamdmentor1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
Who else doesn't understand this?
Re: Zambia: Countrywide Power Outage Riles Smes by Timewilltell(f): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2018
All these stupid Southern African countries undecided. I tell you naija better pass them all in all indices .

(1) (Reply)

Thailand Cave Update: All 12 Boys Including Coach Rescued / Ugandan Constitutional Amendment Clears Way For Museveni Reelection After 32... / Michele Bachmann Says Obama, Clinton Should Be Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.