Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character (15076 Views)

Genshin Impact/ Kokomi+ Xiangling Are Overpowered Together / 10 Most Annoyingly Difficult Video Games Of All Time / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
Omololu2121:
you're talking of PlayStation 1
No Sir!
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by virago(f): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Eddy Gordo - Tekken
Anyone who's played Tekken with a buddy will know the feeling of barely-suppressed rage if their pal ends up picking Eddy Gordo as their fighter of choice. Widely regarded as the series' "cheap" choice, he's a wildly overpowered character great for newbie players to score a few easy victories, because his frantic breakdancing style of combat (known as Capoeira) is just such a pain to both defend and attack against. Because Eddy can destroy opponents through sheer button bashing, he proves to be a challenging fighter to even the most skilled Tekken players.

Blocking is the key to taking him down, but even then, it's not exactly a walk in the park. On the other hand, if you're playing as Eddy, it's hilarious watching your friends get bent out of shape as you spam random buttons on the controller and win without even looking at the screen.

And because Namco are clearly trolls, they introduced a female equivalent of Eddy's character, Christie Monteiro, in Tekken 4.

Did you ever play Tekken I seriously doubt this , Eddy was one of the weakest characters , for amateurs that don't know how to play yes he may be a good choice as his combos are easy to do but that is where the advantage stops. Other opponents have combos that drain more life and a lot more difficult to dodge , parry or block. If two adept players are playing and one chooses Eddy , he knows he has lost the fight. Where you wan put Paul who can drain all your life if you stay too long on the ground , King with his unblockable grab moves , Nina , almost every character is stronger than Eddy

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Gerarstar: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
How about Zlatan Ibrahimovic in pes 2017

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by TIDDOLL(m): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
Anyone ever played Dynasty Warriors6??

Lu bu is just too hyped!! undecided

Just keep running for your life, till you are able to kill Dong zhao..!! angry

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by IanSholex(m): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Dante - Devil May Cry
In fairness, Dante is the son of a demon, so it's none too surprising that he's shown to be an absolute beast throughout his tenure in the Devil May Cry games.

That said, the original franchise did occasionally show him getting into a spot of bother, something which was completely thrown out the window in the decidedly more casual-friendly 2013 reboot, DmC. Compared to the insane difficulty of, say, Devil May Cry 3, DmC was a decidedly more streamlined game, allowing Dante to make short work of pretty much any enemy on the normal Devil Hunter mode, while even the more challenging Dante Must Die mode feels significantly nerfed compared to the same mode in the previous games.

Thoughplaying as Dante is still fun to a point, when a game is just too easy, it reduces the thrill, as it's easy enough to just coast through without having to pay too much attention or get too immersed in what's taking place on screen.

A little vulnerability endears us more to characters most of the time, and that's something the new Dante is totally lacking.
Yes, Dante was a bad*** but to say he's overpowered is not true, if you ever play DmC 3: Dante's Awakening you will know what am talking about, am talking about the original version here not the special edition. U can't just start cutting through hordes of enemies like the OP suggested, the combat system and fighting style is not the same for every boss you will fight. I bet the Op never played the game, damn that game was the most difficult game I played on PS 2 console.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
IanSholex:

Yes, Dante was a bad*** but to say he's overpowered is not true, if you ever play DmC 3: Dante's Awakening you will know what am talking about, am talking about the original version here not the special edition. U can't just start cutting through hordes of enemies like the OP suggested, the combat system and fighting style is not the same for every boss you will fight. I bet the Op never played the game, damn that game was the most difficult game I played on PS 2 console.

Where in the Post did I mention DMC 3 being an easy game? Infact I stated otherwise, go back and read the post,

Or is it now a crime to read a post carefully before you commenting
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Cybertext(m): 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Andriano and Ibrahimovic PES 04/05.... if you know you know

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by tdjubemi(m): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
What about Bayonetta or Kirby?

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by eCONTROL: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
sushieater:
Noob Saibot.

Enough said.

Sorry, but you can't compare Kabal to noob-saibot. the gap is too much. i'm an MK, UMK champion ... I know what I am saying.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Tellemall: 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Dante - Devil May Cry
In fairness, Dante is the son of a demon, so it's none too surprising that he's shown to be an absolute beast throughout his tenure in the Devil May Cry games.

That said, the original franchise did occasionally show him getting into a spot of bother, something which was completely thrown out the window in the decidedly more casual-friendly 2013 reboot, DmC. Compared to the insane difficulty of, say, Devil May Cry 3, DmC was a decidedly more streamlined game, allowing Dante to make short work of pretty much any enemy on the normal Devil Hunter mode, while even the more challenging Dante Must Die mode feels significantly nerfed compared to the same mode in the previous games.

Thoughplaying as Dante is still fun to a point, when a game is just too easy, it reduces the thrill, as it's easy enough to just coast through without having to pay too much attention or get too immersed in what's taking place on screen.

A little vulnerability endears us more to characters most of the time, and that's something the new Dante is totally lacking.

DMC 3 is a game worth remembering. Best game for its time. The details are memorable.

Yeah, Dante is kind of OPed, but as you said, he's the son of a Hellspawn. The cockiness of the character was annoying, though
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by IamTo3i(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
MrRichmond:

Wow, future fight that year!
I couldn't beat that Thanos guy even when I got my strongest character (female Captain America 2099) to Max level.
Twas crazy!!

LoL it's worst now dude is 10x stronger but dey hv added a lot of poweful xracterz...
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Tellemall: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
Jethrolite:
Kratos is definitely the true definition of a game character with too much strength. Even his normal moves are just insane and the brutality with which he kills gods, living statues and titans.

I remeber the first time I fought this boss, I was ehen? Make una come see new ruthless game o. The guy de kill anything. That should be 2005/06.

The best thing about Kratos is his brutality. Then, of course, his god- killing ability.

In fact, his humanity in the whole thing is ridiculous given all the characters he has killed. But I guess that's what endears us to him, being given the power to kill gods.

"Feel the power of the sun!"
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Ayomideen(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ashley86400:
Mortal Combat characters.
I have a personal dread and dislike in facing thousand-souled Ermac.

I will gladly face Sonya, Jason, Davorah, Tri-borg, the Netherealm gods and other overpowered characters in Mortal Kombat.

He's an ok guy in the movie. .But game Ermac is just too over powered. He's not one to fight or throw punches since he basically floats around.

You throw punches and do all combinations ,he waits till his health bar reaches like 20%. .you're happy you're winning with your almost full health bar. .and in one swift move, Ermac lifts you up in the air and power slams you to the ground. .90% of your almost full health bar is drained. If your health bar is mistakenly half way, you're dead.
I hate Ermac, freaking cheat, I hate him.
If you want to beat me, beat me and let me know I'm being beaten so I can strategize. .don't beat me and make me like "What the fucckk just happened? "

I swear down bro
U typed exactly wah I would have
Him n Kano are the ones I hate fighting against
Mortal Kombat X gan sef

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
alexistaiwo:
ZLatan Ibrahmovic in Pes 2017.

Whenever he receives the ball near anywhere after the halfway line.

Red card or Goal?

Choose wisely grin

Ouch! He is more slower in 2017 mehn. 2016 ehn? He can score from any angle.
A big scam of the game cheesy
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
fr3do:
Casemiro for outside 18 shot for pes13
Are you serious? For which club
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Kaycee7(m): 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
sushieater:
Noob Saibot.

Enough said.
Which MK game? Because this dude is average. Try Scorpion, MK9 Sheeva, Jade & Takeda.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Ashley86400: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ayomideen:

I swear down bro
U typed exactly wah I would have
Him n Kano are the ones I hate fighting against
Mortal Kombat X gan sef
Yeah Kano too.
They wont attack you much but when they do. .one attack from them will completely zap your health bar.
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by nelsonebby(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
psychologist:
Lionel messi

Pes 18
Fifa 18 undecided
During the ps2 days on pes

The ball was attached to his leg
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ahhh. The air on this thread even smells different, gamers lounge.
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Darksider131: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
Obeflacko:
if kratos can finish zeus,who is thor?kratos will dismantle;destabilise;and destroy thor..
if you have played the new God of war

You will know thor is one of the most powerful gods,,(Norse gods are more powerful than greek gods)
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Jethrolite(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
Tellemall:

The best thing about Kratos is his brutality. Then, of course, his god- killing ability.

In fact, his humanity in the whole thing is ridiculous given all the characters he has killed. But I guess that's what endears us to him, being given the power to kill gods.

"Feel the power of the sun!"
I remember playing the first installment of the game and following from Ares making him his assassin to watching Ares becoming his arch enemy.

My best console game ever, actually it's the only game I play on console.
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by jceaglewatch(m): 11:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
ehissi:
Noise!! Lemme use paul and face Eddy. E go be like Argentina vs Aso ebi boys rematch.....

Abi? Even Forest Law
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by ehissi(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
jceaglewatch:

Abi? Even Forest Law

Then when person don vex finish, just use yoshimitsu

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Tellemall: 5:53am On Jun 30, 2018
Jethrolite:
I remember playing the first installment of the game and following from Ares making him his assassin to watching Ares becoming his arch enemy.

My best console game ever, actually it's the only game I play on console.

Absolutely.

His change from Ares' lapdog into the guy who makes that guy drop is cool. There's nothing like playing to the point where you destroy Zeus himself.

Great game, it's something I revisit from time to time. I'm not really interested in the newer games.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by fr3do(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2018
Horlaboy51:

Are you serious? For which club

Real madrid, updated patch
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by fr3do(m): 8:15am On Jun 30, 2018
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2018
fr3do:

Real madrid, updated patch
Have you tried Ibrahmovic in PES 2018?
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by oxygenlove(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
TEMPLE RUN,, THAT GUY GO RUN ANYTHING RUNABLE

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by MrDojo(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2018
MichaelSokoto:
Op issa learner!
goan play against computer Brazil in Sega's international superstar soccer 98, u wee understand dat Harrybubu as a frustrater, is still a novice. Wen Carlos go stand 4 center of field shoot ball, wetin u go hear na, 'he shoots! Goal Goal Goooaaaal!'
Computer controlled teams deal wit ppl dat year oo!
cheese ball generation will not undastand grin

Sega mega drive 64bit grin cheesy

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by LucemFerre: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2018
Obeflacko:
if kratos can finish zeus,who is thor?kratos will dismantle;destabilise;and destroy thor..

Let me assume you have no idea who Thor is
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Kaycee7(m): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
LucemFerre:

Let me assume you have no idea who Thor is
Depends on which Thor he knows? Most likely, MCU Thor.

4 Reasons The God Of War Is Arguably 2018 Best Game / Used Old Ps3s (20, 60, And 80) Are Increasing In Value Compared To The Ps3 Slim. / Gameloop Offline Installer For Windows 7,8,10