Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

HSE Professionals: Lessons And Recommendations From Lagos Tanker Fire Incidence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / HSE Professionals: Lessons And Recommendations From Lagos Tanker Fire Incidence (462 Views)

People Killed In Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire Outbreak (Graphic Photos) / Benue Buries Tanker Fire Victims (Graphic Photo) / Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HSE Professionals: Lessons And Recommendations From Lagos Tanker Fire Incidence by kilokeys(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2018
Your inputs might help create some form of awareness

Proactive and Reactive measures;
I do not have many details, but I am sure trucks have been rolling backward for while on that same road. many near misses I guess
The competence of the driver is questionable, we know how drugs and alcohol are sold in parks guise as agbo jedi.
The state of the vehicle; brakes, traction of tires
the reluctance of 'some' motorist to leave the scene immediately after the fall of the truck, hazard recognition, low priority
the state of public transports; poor functional doors, vehicle overloading

No statistical data to the near misses aforementioned
No database, no forensics to identify the victims
Poor safety culture ( theistic approach to every demise )
Nobody is held accountable, no consequences for people accountable
No legal claims for deceased, vehicular damage and other losses

when consequences of a behavior arent weighty or in existence there is a huge likelihood of recurrence. It will happen again

further suggestions are welcome
Re: HSE Professionals: Lessons And Recommendations From Lagos Tanker Fire Incidence by stephendamsoho: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2018
@kilokeys, please follow back I don't have access to my mail. if you follow back we can talk to each other directly and privately through Nairaland. you are free to unfollow when we're done. Thanks
Re: HSE Professionals: Lessons And Recommendations From Lagos Tanker Fire Incidence by dandig(m): 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
hello sir @kilokeys. please I came across your post "how I secured a job in this recession" please may I know how you applied for your NEBOSH cert. you can reach me on 07038784328 or danieldigitemie2015@gmail.com. thank you

(1) (Reply)

I Finally Got My Own Yacht ;D / Elder Statesman From Northern Of Nigeria Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead / Aggrieved Rider Calls Out Uber, Driver For Infringements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.