Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,726 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies (16536 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by mamagee3(f): 1:29am On Jun 08, 2010
We all knew Nollywood used to produce classic movies before they began pumping out junk

So, what are some of the Nollywood classics?

Mine is Living in Bondage.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by obinna5000(m): 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
Glamour Girls
Domitilla
Osuofia in London
Saworoide
Yellow Card
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Parnassuss(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2010
Sakobi
Igodo
Rituals
Across the Njger
that Amata movie on slavery, can't remember the title.
and that RMD movie where his son steals from a corpse and is haunted by it, something 'diamond' i think. undecided
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by vokeefe50: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2010
mine is true confession
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by obinna5000(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2010
Parnassuss:

that Amata movie on slavery, can't remember the title.
and that RMD movie where his son steals from a corpse and is haunted by it, something 'diamond' i think. undecided

@Parnassuss
"Amazing Grace"
"Diamond Ring"
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2010
I really love Diamond Ring, starring RMD,Teju Babyface,Bimbo Akintola,etc, That movie signalled Tade Ogidan (producer) as an exemplary story teller.For me,after Tunde Kelani,he is just about the most professional movie-maker we have in naija, very good,balanced scripting and casting for the movie.It is just an evergreen movie.A true thriller.If you have never seen that movie,then you NEED to,cause its one of the best EVER. smiley
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by indie22(f): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2010
Mainframe's "thunderbolt", the one where the stupid husband laces his wife with magun.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by timpaker(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
Mine are
Living in bondage
christ in me
arrested by love
betrayal
etc.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by tosinaded(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
AMAZING GRACE
YELLOW CARD
SAWOROIDE
THUNDER BOLT MAGUN
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by tosinaded(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
HOW COULD LEAVE OUT

DIAMOND RING!!!!
THATS WUT U CALL A CLASSIC JOR
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Kennyblues(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
mine is
Asiri Nla by Oga Bello and Iya Rainbow
Ti Oluwa ni Ile Babawande and Mainframe
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by indie22(f): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
yes!!!!

Saworoide and Ti Oluwa ni ile!!!

Hehehee!!! Just thinking about baba wande in ti oluwa n'ile is cracking me up!
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by djslam(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
Oleku
Ti oluwa nile
Thunder bolt
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Homonide: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Mine are definitely movies made by Tunde Kelani's Mainfraime Pictures- Ti Oluwa ni ile, Saworo ide, Agogo Ewo, Abeni, Thundebolt, The guy is surely a professional, he doesn't just make movies for money, he makes movies that projects the culture and virtues of Nigeria to the outside world. He makes movies of International Standard.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
I like this thread, it reminds me of the old movies we used to watch those days
well

Living in bondage
The Last Vote
Moving Train
Osufia in London
Circle of Doom
Igodo

Can't really remember all of them, lol

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by lourash(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ti oluwa nile. sawore ide anything by mainframe, diamond ring.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by cooltobex(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
I can't say they are classics, but i'll say i love them very well,
Mass Destruction (Carol Ekanem)
Bless Me (Mike Ezuruonye and Rita Dominic)
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by kaz4sure: 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
koto aiye
saworoide
ti oluwa nile
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by hollyjolly: 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
am not a big fan of nollywood but i think they have made some memorable movies for me its.
Diamond ring
letter from a stranger(Genevieve Nnaji) love her
rituals
Thurder bolt
Dangerious twins(Ramsey noah was at his best)
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Parnassuss(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
thanks Obinna5k, though i think i should have added Circl of Doom, don't remember it thoroughly but it was fun.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Emperoh(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
Nneka The Pretty Serpent!!
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by shadrach77: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
owo blow
iyawo alhaji
bukola omo daddy
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by funlover1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
oleku,ti oluwa nile,saworoide,sitanda
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by jmoore(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
I have forgotten their names. And I can't remember the last time I watched a Nigerian movie
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by warripekin(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
mine are
Living in bondage,
glamour girls,
Igodo,
Ukwa,
violated
keeping faith,
love without language
etc etc
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by tunyus(m): 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
MADAM DEAREST
SAWOROIDE
BROAD DAY LIGHT.
cant just stop watching this movie
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by olap001(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
Iru Esin.
Iwo ni
Yemi My Lover
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by ncpat(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
dem dey talk of classic movie some people they mention osufia in london, abeg that one na heavy lie lie drama plz. people should always talk of movie of this nature below

AMAZING GRACE

plz. house help me to remember the name of this movie where this girl from a rich family fell in love with the boy from a poor family but the guy is brain loaded in the university and when dey both try to run away with beetle car also knwon as tortoise car and they where been chase with helicopter and i think the name of the director is Tade Ogidan
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by AndreUweh(m): 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Festival of fire-featured Saint Obi and twin sister-Regina Askia.
circle of doom.
Rattles snake 1,2,3.
Rituals.
Die Wretched.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Freiburger(m): 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
All are still garbages except for diamond ring and maybe Ukwa cuz of the comedy stuffs in it
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by rickie4us(m): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
I like the GARDENER starred by Tunde Obe, amongst some other films already listed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zeeworld: Thursday Update On Young Dreams Episode 60 - 61 / NTA TV Shows Of Those Good Old Days / Angel Evicted From The Big Brother All Stars House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.