Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? (2199 Views)

[Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hello programmers.

Please i want to learn programming but i want to limit it specifically to android mobile applications, (web based app included)

Please i want to know the best programming language to learn for this.

Thanks as you assist a novice like me.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by elninosft(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
vowsng:
Hello programmers.

Please i want to learn programming but i want to limit it specifically to android mobile applications, (web based app included)

For Android mobile Apps, You can use Java, C++ or Kotlin.. I advice you learn Java anyways..
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by rexben(m): 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
Java, C++, React Native, Kotlin, Flutter
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by SilverG33k(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
rexben:

You're one if the people that discouraged me when I wanted to start developing apps, chai, 5 languages and you didn't even explain one or give him a preferred language.... You're wicked lol

As for the OP, Google should be your friend at all time, anyways go learn Java, its the basics for android dev

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by rexben(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
SilverG33k:

You're one if the people that discouraged me when I wanted to start developing apps, chai, 5 languages and you didn't even explain one or give him a preferred language.... You're wicked lol

As for the OP, Google should be your friend at all time, anyways go learn Java, its the basics for android dev
Hehehe. I only answered the question ooo. I listed so that the OP will pick one. Kotlin is the official programming language for Android, Java used to be. Kotlin is simpler than Java. So, if you wanna use Android studio, you either use Java or Kotlin or C++
For Xamarin, C++. You can build one App for three platforms, Android, iOS and Windows.
React Native for Android and iOS
Flutter for Android and iOS

Above all, before you can start programming, learn how to use Google search engine.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by vankaid: 10:39am On Jul 09, 2018
vowsng:
Hello programmers.

Alongside all the options listed so far, theres another easier option...

It requires knowledge of HTML and Javascript and its hybrid mobile app development

Google cordova, ionic framework etc

4 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by PrinceDsr(m): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2018
Android Apps are developed in Java and Kotlin. Kotlin is a new language that Google has made as an alternative for Java.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by ToyinDipo(m): 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Fortran for the mobile version, and Basic for the web version of android mobile dev.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=which+languages+are+suitable+for+android+development
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by mruwaifo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Android platform supports Java and kotlin both of which are Java virtual machine based languages. Don’t wast your time with any other language alternatives as they have limited support right now .
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ordinary Javascript will build u a nice android app. React native is a js framework that does exactly that.

Even with ordinary html5 will do.

But u can go 4 java, kotlin etc. Android apps are basically built in Java and xml
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by jpmoriarti(m): 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2018
With Xamarin Forms, you use c# and xaml to build apps that target android, iOS and UWP using Visual studio
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? by netbeans1(m): 12:23am On Jul 15, 2018
rexben:

"Dart" with flutter framework

Flutter is not a language

Anyways, i advise the op to learn either Java, Kotlin or Dart (with flutter)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The CEO Of Zera Technologies - Charles Ichulo / Please download and review my Practical Mathematics App / Physics, Math Solver And Surd Calculator Android App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.