Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking (2729 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Quit Smoking! / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors. / Gross Stuff About Smoking Cigarettes - 10 Gross Things To Help You Quit Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Mariaba: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2010
fellow nairalanders i need advice from you, i have a guy that really wants me for a serious relationship and i love him too but the problem i have with him is his smoking habit , though he is responsible, he does not smoke weeds just the normal cigarette. But am not so confortable with it but he said i can make him quit smoking i shouldnt leave him because of that, so my question is how can i make him quit, steps to take and all that though have been praying to God to change him but i still need advice from you guys , i will appreciate your contributions
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by omeja(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
Smoking is an addiction and it takes determination & support to abstain despite the fact that the smoker knows the danger it can cause to his or her health.
I will advise your boyfriend to check this out,
http://f50b4c01n1cn3z1k1a-75btz12./?tid=B51SQ2W8
a friend who was once a smoker gave a testimony that it was very helpful.
Best of luck.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Macfonse: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
Find several ways of giving him Garlic

ground it in your soup, stew and other foods. ensure it is no much so that would not know

Garlic has helped a lot of people to quit smoking

How? Once smokers started taking garlic, the smell of the cigar will begin to irritate him/her.

as simple as that

it works
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by ATBenja: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
Making him realise that smoking is not a real pleasure and that when he stops smoking he will not be depriving himself of a real pleasure and that he will enjoy giving up smoking.As a matter of fact,he can save the money he spends on smoking and as such increase his financial status.I should send you a book on how to quit smoking so you can give it to him to read,I believe the book will help.You can also put it in prayers.I wish you and your guy the best.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by cold(m): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
A.T. Benja:

Making him realise that smoking is not a real pleasure and that when he stops smoking he will not be depriving himself of a real pleasure and that he will enjoy giving up smoking.As a matter of fact,he can save the money he spends on smoking and as such increase his financial status.I should send you a book on how to quit smoking so you can give it to him to read,I believe the book will help.You can also put it in prayers.I wish you and your guy the best.
I see this looks like a strictly newbies thread,but anywhos let me add my 2 pence.whomeva posted the above is so wrong.None of these wld help a guy quit an addiction that he has probably been involved in for God knows how long.
The decison to quit must bgin with him.He nids to admit he has a problem & is ready to tackle it head on.If he doesn't taq this first step any other piece of advise is a complete waste of tym.Take it frm someone who has been there.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by ObamaUS: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2010
by giving him original sleeping drugs every 2hours or by simply killing him.Na person wey dey conscious or alive dey smoke
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by rockny(m): 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
giving him drugs dat will make him sleep always will simply add to the problem. If he really love u and u love him too let him knw that his smoking habit is a threat to ur relationship.
To quit a habit one has been wt for long needs the person's determination, bcs wtout determination every other frm anybody is a wast of time.
If he likes reading by bks hw to quit smoking for him to read.
If the mother is nt confortable with the son's habit , let her help by nagging.
Another persn who can help is a doctor bt becareful nt to refer him to a doctor who smokes also. 4 more detail on hw to quit smoking visit:
www.rockchimex..com
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by 4ward(m): 1:35am On Jun 13, 2010
I really thank God for your life that you are ready to quit the deadly act:
The reason that smoking is such a hard habit to break is the fact that nicotine is an addictive substance.
Most smokers have found that quit smoking tips like using nicotine aids or relying on sheer will power will not get the job done.
It takes a complete overhaul of your thought processes to convince yourself that you don't need that next cigarette. .but it not that easy to quit such a bad act .get my free ebook on that tex quit smoke to 07038641600
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by omeja(m): 10:58am On Jun 13, 2010
Nicotine replacement therapy, smoking cessation therapy and other ways of giving
up smoking wont work without the willingness of the sufferer to make it work. Professional support has been very helpful in the past and will continue to reccomends same.
A friend benefited from the four process of quiting smoking and therefore advise any sufferer to check it out
http://f50b4c01n1cn3z1k1a-75btz12./?tid=B51SQ2W8
Help your friends by passing it over to them, it will be a great news if you help one person to quit today.
Let us help humanity.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by godonce23: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2010
You Can Quit Smoking

Finally Revealed: The REAL Secrets To Eliminating Smoking From A 3-Pack-A-Day Ex Smoker Who Has Helped Hundreds Finally Kick The Habit Forever,

Discover The Easiest Way To Quit Smoking Without Suffering From
Withdrawal,

More than 200 Nigerians at home and abroad and have been able to learn how to
QUIT SMOKING with these free guide.

Get yours today!!!

text SD 6151 to 35811 to get this GUIDE for 100% free TODAY. SMS cost N100 only.

Available in

MTN
Glo
ZAIN
Visafone
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by godonce23: 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2010

Get yours today!!!
You Can Quit Smoking

Finally Revealed: The REAL Secrets To Eliminating Smoking From A 3-Pack-A-Day Ex Smoker Who Has Helped Hundreds Finally Kick The Habit Forever,

Discover The Easiest Way To Quit Smoking Without Suffering From Withdrawal,

Get yours today!!!

text SD 6151 to 35811 to get this GUIDE for 100% free TODAY. SMS cost N100 only.

Available in

MTN
Glo
ZAIN
Visafone
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by adenzo: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
use a trick known as PAIN AND PLEASURE.
this is how the trick works
*add pain to if he doesnt stop smoking. like if he doesnt stop it, he might be at risk of cancer which might leads to death and you dont think he would like to die at an early age because you would like to spend the rest of your life with him.
add pleasure to if he stop smoking he would not be at risk of cancer. then both of you will spend the rest of your life happily and healt
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by candicee: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2011
Unlike traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are additive-free. Tobacco is known to be harmful in that it contains a high number of harmful substances along with additives, in order to enhance the duration of the smoking process, during the manufacturing process of cigarettes. By switching to electronic cigarettes, you will be bypassing this health issue and smoking your way into a healthier lifestyle. It is definitely safe to say that electronic cigarettes are free from the after smell of cigarette smoke and the best part is that you are improving your health in a positive manner by use of an alternative to traditional smoking.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by dsmith10: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
I would also recomend Electronic Cigarettes. The best thing about them is you can buy ones that look like the real thing and because you still mimic the same motions as smoking a real cigarette it is very effective. You can buy e liquid that either has nicotine in or get a nicotine free e liquid.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Gurv: 9:42am On Feb 14, 2012
Leaving or quitting from smoking habit for chain smoker is a tough job because it is an addiction. For quitting from smoking, one have to make a determination to eliminate this awful habit.
Electronic Cigarettes are a modern way to reduce smoking. They are an alternative to the traditional tobacco cigarette. It is an electronic device comes in the form cigarette which converts nicotine liquid into water vapor. Trust me friends, these cigarettes are no less than a miracle. They look just like the ordinary cigarette and taste almost the same. But the best part of them is that they liberate no smoke, contain no tobacco or any of those 3000+ harmful chemicals except nicotine (highly filtered) that a usual cigarette contains plus It does not liberates no tar or carcinogenic substance as the tobacco cigarette would end up doing.

http://www.smokerelief.co.uk/
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Gurv: 9:43am On Feb 14, 2012
Leaving or quitting from smoking habit for chain smoker is a tough job because it is an addiction. For quitting from smoking, one have to make a determination to eliminate this awful habit.
Electronic Cigarettes are a modern way to reduce smoking. They are an alternative to the traditional tobacco cigarette. It is an electronic device comes in the form cigarette which converts nicotine liquid into water vapor. Trust me friends, these cigarettes are no less than a miracle. They look just like the ordinary cigarette and taste almost the same. But the best part of them is that they liberate no smoke, contain no tobacco or any of those 3000+ harmful chemicals except nicotine (highly filtered) that a usual cigarette contains plus It does not liberates no tar or carcinogenic substance as the tobacco cigarette would end up doing.

http://www.smokerelief.co.uk/
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by agiboma(f): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2012
He has to want to quit for himself and he has to see the health benefits of quitting smoking. You can help him by getting a necotine patch he can wear it on his skin it helps to reduce the cravings to smoke. If you live together ask him to smoke outside so you are not exposed to secound hand smoke which is more dangerous.
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by GWslim(f): 10:36am On Feb 15, 2012
Doing this alone all be yourself is hard, you may not be able to change him with some many ways of showing love and sex. I think people who have overcame this change in the past was able to do so through spiritual help and encounter. it is my desire that you will him him to see God for help to quit. Thanks
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Issaq(m): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2012
Some affective tips for quit smoking are
Group Support like Quitting Programs
Cold Turkey (Will Power)
Positive Reinforcement
Prescription Medication
Natural supplements
Diet and Exercise
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Liqua(m): 4:56am On Jul 03, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Famous European E - Liquid Brand Liqua is looking for distributors in Nigeria.
We believe that Nigeria has the highest potential with regards to E - Cigarettes and E - Liquids in Africa.

That is why we want to offer you the opportunity to become one of our resellers.
We want to capitalize on this potential together with you.

Our product has a very stable Italian Flavor which continuously delivers satisfaction to consumers all over the world.

Please check our website www.ritchy.com and also check

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=liqua+e+liquid+review&sm=3

Here you can see random individuals testing our flavors.

If you are interested in becoming a reseller or you need some additional information then please email me on;

henk.bruinsma@gortichy.com

Kind Regards,

Henk Bruinsma

Business Development Manager
Ritchy Group

Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by Bonethugss: 7:56am On Sep 07, 2014
Are you interested in quitting smoking for good; here's a new product - electronic cigarette . It feels like the regular cigarette, tastes like the regular cigarette but is healthier than the regular cigarette as it contains ABSOLUTELY NO TAR, TOBACCO AND A NUMBER OF OTHER CHEMICALS.
It also doesn't give off that normally offensive cigarette smell, as such you can smoke the e-cigarette indoors and no one would perceive a thing.
Its electronic and as such you don't need a lighter to light it up
It comes in various flavors : Menthol, Strawberry, Cappuccino, and captain Black -
TO help you quit it comes in varying degrees of nicotine, we have the:
1) High
2) Medium
3) Low
4) Zero level of nicotine

What are you waiting for, pick the healthier choice now. We are currently doing clearance - crashing the price down to N600 per stick, additionally, if you buy 2 sticks you get one ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE.
Each stick cost N600 only

Contact me on ecig19@gmail.com

Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by lucky222(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hello, i agree with previous posts about trying e-cigarettes or electronic cigarettes. I too used to be a smoker but have since switched to using eCigs. eCigs are less harmful to the body and are overall a safer alternative to smoking cigarettes. A new brand from the US just launched in Nigeria. You can try them out and see what he thinks. I'm not too sure which stores you can find them right now, since they are new. Some stores on the Island currently carry their product. You can also order them online. I've tried them out, and they are very good. The brand name is eVosh Electronic Cigarettes

Their website is www.evoshcigs.com

www.evoshcigs.com.ng

You can also order on Konga [url]/eVosh[/url]
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by LizNaira: 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mariaba:
fellow nairalanders i need advice from you, i have a guy that really wants me for a serious relationship and i love him too but the problem i have with him is his smoking habit , though he is responsible, he does not smoke weeds just the normal cigarette. But am not so confortable with it but he said i can make him quit smoking i shouldnt leave him because of that, so my question is how can i make him quit, steps to take and all that though have been praying to God to change him but i still need advice from you guys , i will appreciate your contributions

You can not make him quit, its his decision and dont push him if you do not like it quit the relationship
Re: How Can I Make Him Quit Smoking by reyvape: 11:26am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello, i will advise you to get him nicotine gums and an ecigarette that conatains a significant amount of nicotine to help him quit smoking.
you can check on [url]reyvape.com[/url] , nigeria number one smoking accessories store

(1) (Reply)

How To Whiten Teeth Without Seeing A Dentist. / Your Genotype And Bloodgroup Is Your Life: Know Them Now! / Gym Equipment Shop In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.