Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? (23035 Views)

I Am Been Rejected And Sacked Now At My Work Place. / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by TissuePaper: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ellabae:
Bros I'm with u o. No fvck to give
cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Divay22(f): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by feodan: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
Over a hundred times-I approach a lot of girls and hedge my bet one will come through.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by JARUSHUB: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by femi4: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Only dependent people get rejected.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by dangoteinlaw: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
Good thing for we smokers , we give -1 bleeps

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
Even the presidents of different countries also get rejection. Is a basic experience by everyone regardless of class.

Just slide it off your shoulders and fire on. No time to even check time.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by dangoteinlaw: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
femi4:
gbam
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Hector09(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
D fact is that if u reject me i we also reject u cus knw man is an island

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by LyfeJennings(m): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
My own rejection is in business. I started a business straight out of the university and in a period of 7 8 months I have gotten over 3 million in revenue. I had to raise money to expand my business. Here in Africa, most entrepreneurs raise money through competitions. I have applied to more than 50 and so far I have been rejected from them all. I managed to make it to the interview stage of two of them but still got rejected. What fuels me though is the vision i have for my business and the potentials it can achieve. Rejection should be my middle name now though grin grin. I know eventually I will get what I seek. tongue

U definitely will
I love ur sight
Your vision is bright enough to illuminate the world

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
sabenabeauty:

If u don't develop this plot of space u booked here, it will be confiscated within 30 minutes.

Signed,
Management.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
femi4:
I reject your opinion tongue

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
greggng:
The incident happened when I was in 100level. I met this beautiful angel that ended up rejecting my offer of sincere love. A few months later, her girl friend told me about her birthday and I decided to send a gift worth 20k and I attached a note to it.....it reads you are the greatest loser....you are worth more than this ....if only you are goid to me.....
the thing pain you well o. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Banter1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
Mine just happened last week for the first time in my life. She said language is a barrier for her, but we act like we are dating we kiss and romance but no sex cause babe still a VG.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Banter1(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
femi4:
kind of agree with you on this 99%

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
JohnspeakU:
How Did You Deal With Rejection?

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Human Development Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach)

I have always been rejected at some points in my life and career. That moment when some people think that you are either not talented or qualified enough for a particular task or opportunity. My most unforgettable experience was when someone I called a friend and shared my life secrets with told me "Johnspeak, you call me your friend, have you ever asked me if I take you as a friend '?

Almost everyone has been rejected in one way or another. Either in business, Career, workplace, by families and loved ones and most commonly by a girl or a boy they've crushed on. But the problem is not being rejected but dealing and managing rejection. Rejection if not properly managed can lead to depression, withdrawal from the society or suicide.

I believe that someone somewhere is going through one form of rejection at the moment and there are also some people who will experience rejection today or tomorrow, but the truth is, rejection is not a curse but a part of life. I will like to hear real life stories by people who have experienced rejection and how they were able to deal with it.

Please keep your comments coming because a life or two might be saved from reading your experience.

Succeed You Must

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by obajoey(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
I have been in this state sometimes ago. I felt so bad, in fact I was like will I ever get a great job/opportunity again. But God is always faithful and still in the business of exceeding our expectation.
Dyt:
OK
Let me share a story that happened a few days ago

I need a change of work place
I was so eager going for this interview
With the conviction I am getting the job
The interview went well
Like it was just left for me to sign the contract

A few days later I got a negative call
Well
I wasn't moved
But then I found out they recruited someone that wasn't even as half good as what I can offer them

It hurt me and I cried
I felt more dejected
Couldn't sleep for days like is this for real?

Hey
I am better now
I have moved on
But damn
I felt really awful

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by OrireSA(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
Rejection is just life slapping you in the face and saying try harder nigga lol

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
Banter1:
Mine just happened last week for the first time in my life. She said language is a barrier for her, but we act like we are dating we kiss and romance but no sex cause babe still a VG.

cheesy

Fear God, VG for that una Nigeria?
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Akinbahm(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
Czar01:
As I shot my shot with one fine girl that I'd been crushing on, the conversation went very well o. That's how she said I should bring out my phone so she can give me her phone number. As soon as I brought out my Infinix from my pocket, next thing I heard from her was "Sorry I only put my number in S8 or iPhone". Omo I died inside no be small
Bro, u r not alone. Nah similar thing happen to me i summon courage go meet this girl nah e i request for her numb nd she talk say make i bring my phone may she gimme her number i jokingly give her my Nokia105 make she strike her numb as she con see d phn nah e make her talk say she go gimme her numb later i just borne am say d day i get anoda phone nah d day i go get her numb and register for her company...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Dyt(f): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
obajoey:
I have been in this state sometimes ago. I felt so bad, in fact I was like will I ever get a great job/opportunity again. But God is always faithful and still in the business of exceeding our expectation.

Yes yes oo
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Adewalefae(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
Rejection is part of life I have been rejected by a girl I love Its hurt but I moved on
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by kp3tech(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
Someone saying NO to what you are offering (like your service, time or expertise) is not necessarily a rejection.

As a matter of fact they might be saying I don't need what you are offering or I don't think I could afford it or you have not convinced me enough to give you the job or contract or money or to be in a relationship with you.

I heard lots of No, All I do is to ask questions to find out the reason for the "objection"...

If it is "trust" issue... I could offer you pay after delivery... And the No become yes.

If it is "I don't need it/ can't afford it". I smile walk way knowing that I miscalculated my Prospecting.

No one have the capacity to reject anyone unless you are God.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
Of course I have!
But I don't go to bed without scrutinizing the causes of my rejection. in fact, being rejected is a vantage to assure or prove what you worth . So, what you need to do when rejected is to take a chill, reminisce if you've got any amendments and then, move on for the next shot

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by foster212: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
TissuePaper:
Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying fvck if I'm rejected or not undecided

I live my life for no other person than myself ...if you don't like it, fvck off cool

You for kukuma Waka naked nah.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by AhmaduBello: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
kp3tech:
Someone saying NO to what you are offering (like your service, time or expertise) is not necessarily a rejection.

As a matter of fact they might be saying I don't need what you are offering or I don't think I could afford it or you have not convinced me enough to give you the job or contract or money or to be in a relationship with you.

I heard lots of No, All I do is to ask questions to find out the reason for the "objection"...

If it is "trust" issue... I could offer you pay after delivery... And the No become yes.

If it is "I don't need it/ can't afford it". I smile walk way knowing that I miscalculated my Prospecting.

No one have the capacity to reject anyone unless you are God.

True. only Allah can reject a man.

that they say no doesn't mean they are right or wise, they don't just have foresite because the are mere mortals.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by idonhammer: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
I don't give a Bleep!if you reject me,I flex and enjoy everything I have alone.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
idonhammer:
I don't give a Bleep!if you reject me,I flex and enjoy everything I have alone.

What if you have invested alot and got rejected afterward?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Timagex(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
I have been rejected many times, sometimes, embarrassed! But, all the rejections have shaped me to be a better me in some ways. I look forward to the next rejection so that something can challenge me.....#peace wink

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by illegalking: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
TissuePaper:
Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying fvck if I'm rejected or not undecided

I live my life for no other person than myself ...if you don't like it, fvck off cool
You are only talking about your family and friends on NL.. In physical life even animals do feel the pain. Except you are a typical bad person which I know this Moniker for.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Mofpearl: 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Depends. If it was a fair game and I lost, I often try to find out the reason why so I reflect and learn from it. You know, use the experience to grow. However, I have had situations where I was not given an opportunity, rather the opportunity was given based on favoritism and not merit. Honestly, it made me feel really low like I wasn't good enough but I healed and learnt that I don't always have to seek opportunities from others, I can create my own. In situations where I can't create my own opportunities, I can attract those who will either provide me with the opportunity or create one with me. Basically, rejection is part of life and one can use it as a means of improvement.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Career Jobs Can One Get As A Science Laboratory Tech Graduate (SSLT & ISLT) / Where Are The Great Microbiologist And Their Jobs: Advice,ideas And Experience / Buhari To Fire 6000 Workers In FAAN, NAMA NCAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.