Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? (15992 Views)

Poll: Is It?

Yes: 25% (15 votes)
No: 74% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by edogu(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2010
Is Port Harcourt the most expensive cities in Nigeria.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Spyker: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
Yeah, Port Harcourt is very expensive but being the most expensive? I don't really know but i know Port Harcourt is more expensive than Lagos and Most of the South-Eastern states but i think Abuja is more expensive than Port Harcourt especially in Accommodation.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Osama10(m): 12:58am On Jun 09, 2010
Yeah, I think Abuja would be no 1 and Port no 2.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by chelseabmw(m): 1:30am On Jun 09, 2010
1.Abuja

2.Portharcourt

3.Lagos

4.Enugu

That's the list above.Hope that helps
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 1:47am On Jun 09, 2010
I do not see PH as being expensive; its just that over enjoyment they kill some people wey no get control over their lean pocket.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by BigBenoski(m): 1:54am On Jun 09, 2010
chelseabmw:

1.Abuja

2.Portharcourt

3.Lagos

4.Enugu

That's the list above.Hope that helps

what's enugu doing on dat list? Okada operators live large in Enugu,
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Osama10(m): 2:21am On Jun 09, 2010
HeHeHe, Okada operators living large in Enugu.

I should be thinking of relocating to Enugu from Port.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by damola1: 5:09am On Jun 09, 2010
ABJ is not as expensive as people portray it to be.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2010
Abuja, PH and Lagos are my main cities in Naija. I shuttle them like hell. i strongly believe that Abuja is more expensive than PH while PH is more expensive than Lagos. But come to think of it, its really relative.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by microgiant: 7:57am On Jun 09, 2010
if slums are included I think
1. Abuja
2. Yenagoa
3. Port Harcourt
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 09, 2010
IJEBU ODE
AJ
ABA
EKITI

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 09, 2010
Port Harcourt isn't that expensive if you live within your means.
Unfortunately the oil boyz wanna make sure we don't wi th all their effizy.
But having said all that,accomodation/rent is quite on the high side compared with Lagos.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by wazobiang: 8:26am On Jun 09, 2010
nope, try abuja
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by zmurda(m): 8:46am On Jun 09, 2010
I have bad memories of PH, coming from Ibadan where things were dirt cheap, living in Abuja before things got too expensive, Now I cannot tell the difference,
PH was definitely more expensive some 10-15 years back, I doubt if things have changed much,
Accomodation wise though, Abuja takes the cream, you definitely collect more rent in Abj than PH,
I would also rank PHC as one of the least liveable cities in Nigeria, high rate of crime, grime,
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mojiit: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2010
microgiant:

if slums are included I think
1. Abuja
2. Yenagoa
3. Port Harcourt

Seconded grin grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by hollandis(f): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2010
Portharcourt is not worth the expense? An overhyped slum,There are only two expensive cities in Nigeria

1.Portharcourt
2.Abuja

The problem in lagos is the overzealous landlords who love to collect 2 years advance.
Portharcourt is expensive
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by mojounited(m): 9:11am On Jun 09, 2010
^^^ I think you are right on spot bro, Yenagoa is really competing with Port Harcourt in this regard but there's nothing intriguing about the city of Yenagoa (very boring, no whao!! factor whatsoever), especially with the incumbent governor at the helm of power. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Mcaudrey: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2010
With a bedroom flat going for 200,000 naira and 3 bedroom flat for 450,000, i would also rate PHC as the 2nd most expensive city in 9ja. Abuja remains at the top position. Food is expensive, Transportation is also expensive. I just came back from Lagos 3days ago and noticed that i paid 30 naira for a distance that would cost me a minimum of 80 naira in PHC. Besides, there isn't any distance worth 30 naira again in PHC
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by tushbobo(m): 9:38am On Jun 09, 2010
I ve lived in Lagos,abuja and port harcourt and can say that the list of the most expensive to the least goes thus:

1.Port Harcourt
2.Abuja
3.Lagos

Abuja only beats port harcourt in terms of accomodation.But u could get reasonable house rents in some of abuja's outskirts not too far from the city.
Transportation is also cheaper in abuja as a distance which will cost u 300 bucks in abuja will cost u nothin less than 700bucks in ph.
Its only in lagos that things are reasonably priced.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by gregg2: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2010
1) Abuja

2) Port Harcourt

3) Calabar

4) Lagos
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by orgy: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2010
this is funny,
one bedroon flat (mini flat) in lagos, (yaba, surlere, ebute-metta, etc ) goes for b/w 200k to 300k
2brm flat 350k to 550k
3brm flat 500k to 850k

These are moderate prices in moderate areas of lagos. I know of the prizes cos i just moved into one in ebute-metta ( after about months of searching) for 750k, and somebody is telling lagos is cheap
hmmm,

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by orgy: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2010
, and you r required to pay for minimum of two yrs with 10% pa agent's each as commission and legal services.
This is not at all funny.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by lekanjohn(m): 10:02am On Jun 09, 2010
P/H is indeed the most expensive in Nigeria.I did my NYSC there years back and despite the bumper allowance by the state and local govt, I got nothing to show for it.Traders believe evry body are oil workers.

When I got back to Lagos after the service, I bought many things in the market without collecting change 'cos i was used to paying more for items in P/H. Traders have to call me back on a number of time for my change.

P/H is most expensive in Naija no doubt.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by DisrealAm(f): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2010
orgy:

this is funny,
one bedroon flat (mini flat) in lagos, (yaba, surlere, ebute-metta, etc ) goes for b/w 200k to 300k
2brm flat 350k to 550k
3brm flat 500k to 850k

These are moderate prices in moderate areas of lagos. I know of the prizes cos i just moved into one in ebute-metta ( after about months of searching) for 750k, and somebody is telling lagos is cheap
hmmm,

Oga Hang your bag where your hand reach.

Lagos Cheap paa P.Town
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Bawss1(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2010
orgy:

this is funny,
2brm flat  350k to 550k
3brm flat 500k to 850k

hmmm,

Very funny indeed. You should compare Abuja rent. The going rate for a one bedroom apartment is 650k. With that amount you can get a very comfortable 3 bedroom apartment in Port Harcourt and certain places in Lagos.
Nah, for the most expensive city in Nigeria I think you should give it up for Abuja  grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by gregg2: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2010
sin assembly:

this is funny,
2brm flat  350k to 550k
3brm flat 500k to 850k

hmmm,

You have obviously not traveled wide.
Move out of Lagos and try Abuja and Port Harcourt
In Abuja, a 3 bedroom cost you about 2.2m naira or more and in
PH about 1.5m naira annually. Lagos is not as expensive as these
cities, oga.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by orgy: 10:38am On Jun 09, 2010
, lol.
I did not have in mind places in lagos like Ikoyi, VI, , etc them where a 3brm flat cost a minimum of 5.6 million pa (as least my bros rented on for the amount)
I came back from lugbe side of abj late last year and my rent was 150k pa for the miniflat i lived in b4 relocating to lag.
, so?

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by Bawss1(m): 10:55am On Jun 09, 2010
orgy:

I came back from lugbe side of abj late last year and my rent was 150k pa for the miniflat i lived in b4 relocating to lag.
, so?

Lugbe is not in 'Abuja proper' (more like a satellite town) so,
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by sizzlers(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2010
Abj is more exp in terms of accomodation but for EFIZZY, TRANSPORTATION & SHOPPING I think P.H is high. cool
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by oisehumen(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2010
orgy:

this is funny,
2brm flat  350k to 550k
3brm flat 500k to 850k

hmmm,

I contest these figures seriously. What areas of Lagos are u referring to?
I live a decent 3 bed room apartment in a good location and i don't pay up to that.
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by HARDDON: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2010
is there a more money crazy place to lay other than PH?

go figure!
Re: Port Harcourt The Most Expensive City In Nigeria? by jodeci(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2010
gregg2:

You have obviously not traveled wide.
Move out of Lagos and try Abuja and Port Harcourt
In Abuja, a 3 bedroom cost you about 2.2m naira or more and in
PH about 1.5m naira annually. Lagos is not as expensive as these
cities, oga.

I doubt if you hv been to PHC before,there is no where in PHC that 3 bedroom will cost u as much as 1.5m annually,even in the GRAS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Usa Student Visa Stories / Deplorable State Of Road In Ikwuano, Abia State (Pictures) / Which Country Have You Visited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.