Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

What Does Carryover Mean? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does Carryover Mean? (1266 Views)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / Does Carryover Count In Academic Transcript / TASUED Fresh Graduate Commits Suicide Over Possible Carryover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Carryover Mean? by hennyholla17(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2018
. what will be the effect of having an A when u retake it and how will a carryover affect your certificate?
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Heemcelph: 12:36am On Jul 01, 2018
The manner at which you spelt your name is already a carryover.

1 Like

Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by hennyholla17(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2018
Heemcelph:
The manner at which you spelt your name is already a carryover.
YOU ARE VERY STUPID FOR THAT STATEMENT! Very very very stupid. you think you can just come and be savage on a comment and walk freely. What's bad in tweaking a name? one day what u just did will reflect in your life but d sad part is that u won't remember that it's because of this useless comment u just made.NONSENSE
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by YhungPablo(m): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2018
hennyholla17:
. what will be the effect of having an A when u retake it and how will a carryover affect your certificate?
carryover can’t affect your certificate
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Heemcelph: 8:48am On Jul 01, 2018
hennyholla17:

YOU ARE VERY STUPID FOR THAT STATEMENT! Very very very stupid. you think you can just come and be savage on a comment and walk freely. What's bad in tweaking a name? one day what u just did will reflect in your life but d sad part is that u won't remember that it's because of this useless comment u just made.NONSENSE

Just so you know, it's super wrong to "tweak" names especially a Yoruba name (no reasonable person would see a name spelt like yours and think highly of you). And you think all the gibberish you wrote will not "one day reflect in your life?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by hennyholla17(m): 9:10am On Jul 01, 2018
Heemcelph:

Just so you know, it's super wrong to "tweak" names especially a Yoruba name (no reasonable person would see a name spelt like yours and think highly of you). And you think all the gibberish you wrote will not "one day reflect in your life?"
mtcheeeeeeew. next time walk pass if u don't av anytin helpful to say
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Heemcelph: 9:56am On Jul 01, 2018
hennyholla17:

mtcheeeeeeew. next time walk pass if u don't av anytin helpful to say
Your posts explains a lot about you and why you had your name "tweaked" in the first place. Regardless of your insults and all that, sorry I derailed your thread. Cheerios.
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by hennyholla17(m): 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
Heemcelph:

Your posts explains a lot about you and why you had your name "tweaked" in the first place. Regardless of your insults and all that, sorry I derailed your thread. Cheerios.
lol. u think I had d carryover? I've gotten my answers
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
YhungPablo:
carryover can’t affect your certificate
Of course it does to a large extend. Your GPA drops which invariably affects your class of degree. It is rare to see a carryover student make first class? Many universities are strict on grading their students. Once you have a carryover, your GPA reduces especially if the unit course is 3 units upward. So a student aiming for first class might not get it.
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Heemcelph: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
hennyholla17:

lol. u think I had d carryover? I've gotten my answers
You don't seem to understand where I'm coming from. Having a carryover is very normal thing, when I was a student I had carryovers in some cases, it's very normal and somewhat healthy too. Anyway, I wasn't referring to all that.
No matter what you say this time around, I'd remain mute onward.
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by earthsync(f): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
Heemcelph:

Baba you could have just answered the guy's question.
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Gerrard59(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2018
Heemcelph:

You don't seem to understand where I'm coming from. Having a carryover is very normal thing, when I was a student I had carryovers in some cases, it's very normal and somewhat healthy too. Anyway, I wasn't referring to all that.

grin grin grin

Healthy ko, mental ni

@OP: Having a carryover affects your CGPA whether you have 90/100 after retaking the course. In some schools, persons who retake their carried over course are not given an A even though they merit it. The argument is that they should have gotten it when they took it as a fresh course. While in others, they are given an A but the value is not the same as someone who took it for the first time. There is a way it's calculated, cannot recall.

How will it affect your certificate? Or you meant transcript? This depends on your pursuit after school. Some firms care so much about your transcript and how your progression was in school. Same also applies to schools if you decide to pursue postgraduate studies. Schools mostly pay attention to your last two years, so if you carried courses during your 3rd year (for a four-year course) or 4th year (for a five-year course), it can affect your acceptance. This depends on the school, course requirements, scholarship body, supervisor etc.
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Heemcelph: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
[quote author=Gerrard59 post=68998856]

grin grin grin

Healthy ko, mental ni

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by Heemcelph: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
earthsync:

Baba you could have just answered the guy's question.
Yeah, my bad.
Re: What Does Carryover Mean? by davbravo(m): 6:29am On Jul 02, 2018
Heemcelph:

Having a carryover is normal and healthy. You must be joking...

(1) (Reply)

Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja, 2019/2020 Hnd Form And Part-time Form Is Out Call / Covid19: Covenant University Alumni Provides Food For Alumni In Need(photos) / Duolingo Replacing IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Exam During This Corona Virus Period.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.