Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

My Experience With A Plagiarist - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience With A Plagiarist (5204 Views)

How To Secure Your Story On Nairaland,prevent Plagiarist From Claiming Your Work / Inem Sunday Jackson Also Known As Iaminem Is A Plagiarist! !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
Oga Silverdam, the words 'playing along' says a lots about your person.
Souloho19 is not Soyinka as Soyinka is not Shakespeare, but the fact that his work is found on your blog shows how good he is. So just make peace with him instead of justifying..

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by rachealfst(f): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hmm....If I start to talk......

In my own case, I met with a script writer my story was given to, he was paid to convert it to a movie script. And guess what? the pliagiarist had already paid the guy #10,000 for the job. The reason why the script writer contacted me was that he later got to know I was the original writer.
This and so many are the things I've experienced, some pliagiarist will even go defensive on you. I remember one telling me she was doing me a favor.

I was hoping to start another story on Nairaland this month, but this Souloho19 experience weak me.

Is there any technology NL can employ that will not allow people to copy, just read only.

And the truth is that we are loosing our good writers because of this issue.

NL writers, please what is the way forward. Or is it how things will continue?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Akinwale14(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
silverdam:
Cast on top wetin? You're very funny...
Lol
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2018
Bibi294:

I knew you even before i started writing on NL, from the days you wrote about how a man who sexually abused me... Thats how you actually got on my bbm... Yeah.... I was a fan of your blog....
About plagiarising my work... Yeah... You did something related sometimes ago... I messaged you and you apologised... Told me you sent me a mail....remember?
2,3 writers are complaining about the same thing.... Yet, you don't find out disheartening...

I was the one who advised Souloho19 to chat you up actually... To let you know how hurt he was... Stop plagiarising people's stories...

No one is trying to pull or ruin your name... So man up and learn from your mistakes...
Peace.
Oh please, I never claimed the story was my mine and I didn't apologize for anything, stop acting all righteous. You were given credit as the writer, do you know what they call plagiarism? I give credits to every writer of every story, I don't claim people's story. I should man up and apologize after insulting me, saying I'm feeding on someone's sweat, saying God will punish me. You could have just told me to take down your story I will gladly do that. Instead of acting as if I stole your story...
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Oroolorun:
Oga Silverdam, the words 'playing along' says a lots about your person.
Souloho19 is not Soyinka as Soyinka is not Shakespeare, but the fact that his work is found on your blog shows how good he is. So just make peace with him instead of justifying..
Apologize, for what? After rubbishing my name, he would have come to me politely and ask me to take down his story instead of playing silly games. He would have messaged me privately and settle the whole thing amicably, instead playing all these silly games. Acting as if he works with a movie producer, who does that? There is no harm in taking your story off my blog. Instead of bringing the half baked chats and story on nairaland to get sympathy. You people will definitely be on his side because you're friends, I don't have issues with writer. Thank God Bibi294 approached me politely and I explained things to her and appreciated her story but I never apologized for anything cos I didn't steal or claim the story is mine. I've been doing this for a long time, if anyone is not satisfied with his or story on my blog, I will gladly take it off, just messaged me politely instead playing games. I'm also a writer, I know how painful it is when someone rips you, but the painful part is him accusing me of ripping from his sweat. It's appalling.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
Moreover, I never got this story from nairaland, my admin got it from another website. The story was everywhere on the net.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Akinwale14(m): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2018
Na Wa O
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2018
Oga Silverdam, I am a budding writer myself with over 15 published books. Taking someone work to your blog without first contacting him deserve apology no matter the approach the person employed. Sir, put yourself in someone else shoe, if you are

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2018
just a writer with no blog and someone did something like that to your work without your knowledge, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Forget his way of approach, make peace with him because we are all human and like flowing water, we would surely meet again.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Bibi294(f): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2018
Oroolorun:
just a writer with no blog and someone did something like that to your work without your knowledge, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Forget his way of approach, make peace with him because we are all human and like flowing water, we would surely meet again.
Now, you're getting it...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
God blessed all Nairaland writers for their selflessness.
flow (flow555), shewrite, bibi294, larrysun, ishilove, centino, blessedman, souloho19, and a host of others I can't remember now.
Reading your work made me realized how selfish I am.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2018
Kudos to this selfless writers rachealfst madera001 ghostwritter audery timms repogirl flow1759 d9ty7 therock555 kingzpen bibijay123 oyinprince princesa domawoleye foxyflow donkross1 davidflo yemi2plus classcaptain flakkydagirl safarigirl etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Oroolorun(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][color=#006600]
silverdam:
The story was everywhere on the net.
Souloho19 is not good, just an upcoming and yet his work is everywhere on the net.
(Thank God Soyinka did not write in this age)

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
Oroolorun:
[color=#006600][/color][color=#006600]
Souloho19 is not good, just an upcoming and yet his work is everywhere on the net.
(Thank God Soyinka did not write in this age)
Okay fine, I'm not disputing that... My stories, written by me are everywhere on the net as well. How many people do I want to fight with? As long as I am credited as the writer, no problem
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by souloho19(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
silverdam:
Apologize, for what? After rubbishing my name, he would have come to me politely and ask me to take down his story instead of playing silly games. He would have messaged me privately and settle the whole thing amicably, instead playing all these silly games. Acting as if he works with a movie producer, who does that? There is no harm in taking your story off my blog. Instead of bringing the half baked chats and story on nairaland to get sympathy. You people will definitely be on his side because you're friends, I don't have issues with writer. Thank God Bibi294 approached me politely and I explained things to her and appreciated her story but I never apologized for anything cos I didn't steal or claim the story is mine. I've been doing this for a long time, if anyone is not satisfied with his or story on my blog, I will gladly take it off, just messaged me politely instead playing games. I'm also a writer, I know how painful it is when someone rips you, but the painful part is him accusing me of ripping from his sweat. It's appalling.

Guy you don't get it?
The problem is not that the story is on your blog. After all its on lots of other blogs. The difference is the little dialogue box after the story, I'm talking of the 'about the author...' info.
You are not the writer, so why the Bleep is your picture there.
Look man just be a man...this damage control is dead on arrival..I don't care about ruining your name, I don't even care about your name for bleeps sake.
You have the nerve tho...we in cyberspace...there's a lot of space to misbehave so who do I blame?

The only reason I didn't shoot direct was because I do not need an apology from you. Which is what you would have done then tomorrow you turn around and do it to another unsuspecting writer and the cycle continúes.
And please don't try to spin this any other way man, you and I both know I never had any dialogue with you before two weeks ago and there's nothing new here apart from the established fact that when it comes down to it..your'e nothing but a liar and a thief!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by honourable356(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
I read with great amusement from both sides of the issue...common sense should prevail here. I am not interested in the chat,i am more interested on what caused it.

Souloho19?? apart from reading his exceptional stories which were written for FREE on nairaland,i don't know him personally from adam and neither do i know who silverdam is nor have i read any story he wrote before...

But...

One thing is clear,if you must take any writer story or stories to you blog without FIRST speaking to the original owner due to one reason or the other that you cant reach him or her,you MUST ensure that you acknowledge the writer...IT IS A MUST otherwise it is a crime...Nigeria might not be focused on persecuting those who commit such offence now,but in developed nation the original writer can sue you and you will obviously be persecuted.

Silverdam,go back to your blog and acknowledge him that is if you have not done so,and then apologize sincerely to him,that is all...you wont die and it is the right thing to do.

Souloho19,things like this happen,you obviously cant control it...not in Nigeria.

Smh....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
souloho19:

Guy you don't get it?
The problem is not that the story is on your blog. After all its on lots of other blogs. The difference is the little dialogue box after the story, I'm talking of the 'about the author...' info.
You are not the writer, so why the Bleep is your picture there.
Look man just be a man...this damage control is dead on arrival..I don't care about ruining your name, I don't even care about your name for bleeps sake.
You have the nerve tho...we in cyberspace...there's a lot of space to misbehave so who do I blame?

The only reason I didn't shoot direct was because I do not need an apology from you. Which is what you would have done then tomorrow you turn around and do it to another unsuspecting writer and the cycle continúes.
And please don't try to spin this any other way man, you and I both know I never had any dialogue with you before two weeks ago and there's nothing new here apart from the established fact that when it comes down to it..your'e nothing but a liar and a thief!
Can you kindly go through my blog again and see it again? I never claimed I own the story, the author you're talking about is my admin profile on WordPress, that is how it appears on all the posts on my blog. That's just for the admin, the profile of the person (admin) that posted the story on the blog. About the author is for admin that published a post on the blog. I never claimed your story. I have never done that for over 5 years now

Then secondly, you could have approached me in a proper manner and I would gladly apologize and take down the story but trying to play stupid games and coming to Nairaland to seek sympathy, nah. I'm never going to apologize for this, I'm not a difficult person but this has gone beyond. It's rather annoying and childish, I would advise you to visit every other blogs to pull off your story then. I'm a thief and a liar on top your story? Lol! It's not your fault anyway... Enjoy the sympathy from nairalanders, I pray you make millions from your stories. Good luck to your writing career.
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by silverdam(m): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
honourable356:
I read with great amusement from both sides of the issue...common sense should prevail here. I am not interested in the chat,i am more interested on what caused it.

Souloho19?? apart from reading his exceptional stories which were written for FREE on nairaland,i don't know him personally from adam and neither do i know who silverdam is nor have i read any story he wrote before...

But...

One thing is clear,if you must take any writer story or stories to you blog without FIRST speaking to the original owner due to one reason or the other that you cant reach him or her,you MUST ensure that you acknowledge the writer...IT IS A MUST otherwise it is a crime...Nigeria might not be focused on persecuting those who commit such offence now,but in developed nation the original writer can sue you and you will obviously be persecuted.

Silverdam,go back to your blog and acknowledge him that is if you have not done so,and then apologize sincerely to him,that is all...you wont die and it is the right thing to do.

Souloho19,things like this happen,you obviously cant control it...not in Nigeria.

Smh....
I would never apologize, never... After all his tricks, insult and ruining my name. I would gladly remove his story from my blog. Writers with common sense, don't go about it this way, pretending to be Elvis Chucks' associate, does he think I'm a fool and I will fall for that cheap tricks. He's even accusing me of plagiarising his story. Will take his story off my blog.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by lonewolftzar25: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
silverdam:
I would never apologize, never...
I will advise you to change your blogs name because you don cast, and stop stealing other peoples work.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by phoenixchap: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2018
See player, playing along after you have been caught in the act, negotiating for another man's sweat... Please plagiarists deserve worst punishments
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Akinwale14(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2018
lonewolftzar25:

I will advise you to change your blogs name because you don cast, and stop stealing other peoples work.
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Akinwale14(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2018
The Thing Wey Dey Make Me Vex Is That The Guy No Wan Accept His Mistake.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Akinwale14(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2018
Na His Site Be The First Site{Tosinsilverdam.Com}Wey I Dey Read Deff Stories From Like (Adebimpe The Facebook Girl)I Like His Blog Like Madt,But The Thing Wey He Do Now Mk Me Dislike His Blog Like Police.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by ewawumi(f): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2018
Oga silverdam, I strongly believe now isn't the right time to prove righteousness. Common courtesy of informing the writers before pasting their stories on your blog would have prevented all these!
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by rayvelez(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
silverdam:
what nonsense is dis, did u approached or mesaage him privately bfr u copy the story on your blog.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by kayo80(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mr. Silverdam, let's forget your author profile at the bottom part of the story, did you put the original author's name at the beginning of the story? Did you acknowledge the author (souloho19) anywhere in the post/story on your blog? If you didn't, what you did is totally wrong.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by light4life(f): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2018
silverdam:
Lol! I knew it was you, I knew all along that it was you. I decided to play along, please what's so special about your story? Next time try harder, so you think I feed on your story? I feed on your sweat. And people believe this, I was expecting this. Please did I end up meeting you This person was the one disturbing me, I don't even reply the chats cos I'm not interested. I was never interested in meeting you that's why I didn't pay attention to this person. Cos it was written on my website that the story was by Souloho or whatever his name is. This is so childish, do you know how long I've been doing this? You decided to bring your stupidity here and think you can dent my image. I will bring out all the screen shots of how this person was disturbing my life, calling me as well. Playing stupid games.

You are the biggest fool I've ever seen in history!!
See this idiot! After asking for credits to another person's work and even stupidly "playing along" as you called it in order to receive payment for another person's sweat, you now dare show your rubbish face here to spit nonsense!
Who is a fool here that you think you can use aggression and defense to cover up your evil deedsm
shame on you!!!! you don't have the brain to write your own stories...claiming works on Amazon and Okadabooks! those works might also be copied stories for all we know...after all that's all you know how to do.
COPY COPY!!!!!!
Let me inform you Mr Copycat! You will reap what you sow!! Everyone does, its the law of nature.
Before God deals with you, nature will first have its own justice.

You should know that's inescapable. Rethink what you want to reap so that you can sow right.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by light4life(f): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2018
silverdam:
Can you kindly go through my blog again and see it again? I never claimed I own the story, the author you're talking about is my admin profile on WordPress, that is how it appears on all the posts on my blog. That's just for the admin, the profile of the person (admin) that posted the story on the blog. About the author is for admin that published a post on the blog. I never claimed your story. I have never done that for over 5 years now

Then secondly, you could have approached me in a proper manner and I would gladly apologize and take down the story but trying to play stupid games and coming to Nairaland to seek sympathy, nah. I'm never going to apologize for this, I'm not a difficult person but this has gone beyond. It's rather annoying and childish, I would advise you to visit every other blogs to pull off your story then. I'm a thief and a liar on top your story? Lol! It's not your fault anyway... Enjoy the sympathy from nairalanders, I pray you make millions from your stories. Good luck to your writing career.

Yes ooooo Mr copycat! God and nature will repay him in millions and even billions for His earnest hardwork and sweat.
But you on the other hand, you will equally be rewarded. If in your heart of hearts you didn't steal the story, then your wealth will not be stolen. However, if you did steal the story...if you really took it to claim ownership, then as sure as the sun rises, your reward is coming to you. You can't escape it man....Whatever we sow definitely sprouts...eventually.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Amhappy(f): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2018
Nawa ooo. This is why people now do write and delete
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by Spongia1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
silverdam:
I would never apologize, never... After all his tricks, insult and ruining my name. I would gladly remove his story from my blog. Writers with common sense, don't go about it this way, pretending to be Elvis Chucks' associate, does he think I'm a fool and I will fall for that cheap tricks. He's even accusing me of plagiarising his story. Will take his story off my blog.
You are very stupid and I used to think you were intelligent. You stole a man's story, wanted to sell it, claimed credit and here you are talking rubbish. It will not be well with you. You know this is not your first time. Seems the masturbation (Top Radio) still dey affect you. Idiot
Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by AyotossFund(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
i wish God can give me the power of punishing people,
Goat for don plenty pass Human for 9ja undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Plagiarist by dumodust(m): 6:00pm On May 21, 2020
The plagiarism problem continues... Main reason I stopped posting in literature section. Sometimes people go a bit further, they take sections of your story and mash it up with others to avoid detection.
Some people have no talent but want to bear the toga... If you love literature, bend over and write

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Encounter With The Witch / Adventure Of Sam Tee(story Of A Young Teenager,love...and..crime) / How I Spent The Ramadan Holiday – Reflection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.