Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29799 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by olaolabiy: 1:38am On Jun 09, 2010
IDIOTS, they are. they don't even know what holidaying means.

they claim to be confortable in nigeria yet, when they come to the uk, they don't usually know the way to hotels. they're always begging to be accommodated.
complete idiots who still don't understand what life really means.
idiots who can't pay for hotel rooms but spend hundreds of pounds on a watch.

99.8% of visitors from nigeria always beg to be accommodated in the uk (and they are on holiday? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin).

muppets!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by hatch: 2:08am On Jun 09, 2010
^^^ Why are you all playing the "they don't stay in hotel" cards ?
Outright jibberish talk ! Too bad it's an african thing so jump into a lagoon.

Please you guys that claim to stay in hotels anytime you visit home, please can you stand infront of mirror and repeat that statment righg infront of your reflection to notice your lying mouths !
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Jun 09, 2010
Roflmao!!!! African thing? ROFLMAO~

African thing to MOOCH off of others when you claim you can afford it all. lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by olaolabiy: 2:28am On Jun 09, 2010
hatch#:

^^^ Why are you all playing the "they don't stay in hotel" cards ?
Outright jibberish talk ! Too bad it's an african thing so jump into a lagoon.

Please you guys that claim to stay in hotels anytime you visit home, please can you stand infront of mirror and repeat that statment righg infront of your reflection to notice your lying mouths !

african thing? from your mouth? so it is not an african thing to attempt to ridicule those in diaspora? twit, you are!
whenever we visit nigeria, we either stay in hotels or houses belonging to our parents/grandparents. we don't frantically search for people's phone numbers.you guys can't afford uk hotels (99.8% of you). and, you guys claim to be rich. you guys call up every jack and harry on your way to the uk because of accommodation. why? i have slept in many hotels over here, and, i don't claim to be this or that.

immature weirdos, you all are.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2010
Your friends in Briton are not jealous but disgusted because they know the source of your money and from the way you spend it, that you did not work hard for it.
These day in Nigeria, by the time you put kids in good schools, try to live above water, suffer in car from one end of the City to another, you have little left to enjoy. A friend said it all, that in Nigeria they make others work for money for them but in Briton, you work for money yourself.
whats this one saying?

is this one well at all? i didnt work hard for my money?

who be this suegbe? grin grin grin grin
opaks na in u dey yarn, na person say make u get only yahoo yahoo boiz as relatives
go siddon for somewhere my friend
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 7:48am On Jun 09, 2010
99.8% of visitors from nigeria always beg to be accommodated in the uk (and they are on holiday?

rephrase pls

say 99.8% of ur relatives beg to be accomodated in the uk cheesy cheesy cheesy

na person say make una get destitutes as fams?

this thing tire person o grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by texazzpete(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2010
@topic
I hate it when people generalize,
I visit the UK at least once a year, and i come across lots of Nigerians living there. Some are struggling to eke out a living, some are pretty comfortable and some are so down-right comfortable, it humbles you cheesy

If you restrict your comparison to Nigerians studying on a lean budget, of course it's gonna seem like you're living a far better life in Nigeria. But do a comparison with your contemporaries - professionals of your age, working in pretty decent jobs and you'll quickly lose this faux supercilious attitude of yours.

For what it's worth, i usually stay with friends or family except when im in the UK on company business - it saves a whole lot of cash. And when i'm with friends, i try my best to help out, i've seen first hand how many visiting Nigerians don't do anything but head out to hit the shops.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2010
For what it's worth, i usually stay with friends or family except when im in the UK on company business - it saves a whole lot of cash. And when i'm with friends, i try my best to help out, i've seen first hand how many visiting Nigerians don't do anything but head out to hit the shops.

true;

i also think the reason why some 9jas stay with relatives is usually at the instance of the person abroad. Same applies when a relative comes to 9ja on a visit cos usually, since they have been separated for a while, it makes sense to stay together (if not married) to catch up on stuffs.
It has nothing to do with affordability or shrewdness as some are making it sound.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 09, 2010
I see this matter is still raging. Bottomline is that the poster and everyone else are all correct: it depends on a person's peculiar experiences. However, the part I can relate with is that a lot of the (struggling) guys there seem to 'obtain' you when you come around, and you just wonder. But then the very comfortable ones are a delight to watch.

But the fact remains that majority of Nigerians that scamper overseas (not only UK) do so in search of greener pastures. If they were lucky enough to hit it big back home, they probably would not be "runnaway soldiers", and would only visit the UK and elsewhere on holidays as often as they like - as against being stuck perpetually in a foreign land in search of the elusive golden fleece. Maybe there is a sense in which one can correlate this to what the poster latently meant.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2010
006:

^^^[b]
. I even spend money on them as much as I could to make them feel comfortable and their visit memorabl[/b]e.

Yep, he just had to pat himself on the back and toot his own horns! G'ahead, tell us more tales on how u spend zillions of Canadian Loon on your Biafran visitors! Liar!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by olaolabiy: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

rephrase pls

say 99.8% of your relatives beg to be accomodated in the uk cheesy cheesy cheesy

na person say make una get destitutes as fams?

this thing tire person o grin grin grin

you are a fool. if oyinbos didn't bring pricewaterhousecooper to nigeria, where would you be? omo ale.
what was your living standard before this job, mr weere?
now you can open your dirty mouth and talk rubish.
omo ai j'ebe ri ti n j'apo s'aya.
weereeeee.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by olaolabiy: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
this tbk is one of those idiots who beg to be accommodated.

we should blame those who gave you visas.
they will start to say the same thing about the us when they have their visa.
the us won't give idiots like him.

weeere
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by LeMoor(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
pro01:

I see this matter is still raging. Bottomline is that the poster and everyone else are all correct: it depends on a person's peculiar experiences. However, the part I can relate with is that a lot of the (struggling) guys there seem to 'obtain' you when you come around, and you just wonder. But then the very comfortable ones are a delight to watch.

But the fact remains that majority of Nigerians that scamper overseas (not only UK) do so in search of greener pastures. If they were lucky enough to hit it big back home, they probably would not be "runnaway soldiers", and would only visit the UK and elsewhere on holidays as often as they like - as against being stuck perpetually in a foreign land in search of the elusive golden fleece. Maybe there is a sense in which one can correlate this to what the poster latently meant.
Again the arrogance, Words like 'scamper, being stuck perpetually in a foreign land in search of the elusive golden fleece', and 'if they were lucky to hit it big' is still displaying the same mindset that started this thread and it is a tad condescending, even if you do not realize it. Perhaps the 'golden fleece'  isnt totally elusive, maybe they found what they wanted, you never know. How may pple have being 'lucky to hit it big' in Nigeria in comparison to those who havent?
I keep saying, it is always wrong to use your own realities/experiences and project that on a whole lot of people. There are Nigerians struggling in the UK (, there are Nigerians struggling in the US, but guess what? there are Nigerians struggling in Nigeria too, who would give anything to even be able to have the opportunity to 'scamper' and become 'runaway soldiers'  to become stuck perpetually in a foreign Land.

Y' all need to stay in your lane. So ok, they are stuck, not happy, jealous or whatever other adjective you want to use to describe them, but let them be.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by debest1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
ola olabiy:

IDIOTS, they are. they don't even know what holidaying means.
they claim to be confortable in nigeria yet, when they come to the uk, they don't usually know the way to hotels. they're always begging to be accommodated.
complete idiots who still don't understand what life really means.
idiots who can't pay for hotel rooms but spend hundreds of pounds on a watch.
99.8% of visitors from nigeria always beg to be accommodated in the uk (and they are on holiday? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin).
muppets!
well said sir,
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by AjanleKoko: 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
. . . and this topic made the front page. Wow. undecided
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
Na wa ooo.

You guys are taking things personal.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
ola olabiy:

you are a fool. if oyinbos didn't bring pricewaterhousecooper to nigeria, where would you be? omo ale.
what was your living standard before this job, mr weere?
now you can open your dirty mouth and talk rubish.
omo ai j'ebe ri ti n j'apo s'aya.
weereeeee.
what has oyinbo gotta do with Nigerians in Diaspora and at home?

did you go to a good school at all?

who gave me visa? i dont use visas ode
hehehehehehe
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
ola olabiy:

this tbk is one of those idiots who beg to be accommodated.

we should blame those who gave you visas.
they will start to say the same thing about the us when they have their visa.
the us won't give idiots like him.

weeere
complex dey catch this one o abi why is this man screaming as if someone has deprived him of his right to live abroad grin grin grin grin

did i come to live in your dingy aparte?

No sir!!! tell your broke backside relatives ure not always happy when they come visiting

dont come here to show frasutrations

na me chop your banana grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Dozzy3(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
AjanleKoko:

. . . and this topic made the front page. Wow. undecided
I always wonder when i see such quotes on some threads, so seriously name 1 topic that will make front page that we haven't seen before cry
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
Can't we have enough of these silly therads!

So what if some little minded people are jealous or feeling superior because of where they live undecided

The way some people jump to defend their locations here makes me wonder! Who's fooling who undecided

Abeg living abroad or living in Nigeria is not an issue. You'all sound petty having endless discussions about it! angry angry
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Katsumoto: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

complex dey catch this one o abi why is this man screaming as if someone has deprived him of his right to live abroad grin grin grin grin

did i come to live in your dingy aparte?

No sir!!! tell your broke backside relatives ure not always happy when they come visiting

dont come here to show frasutrations

na me chop your banana grin grin grin grin

tbk417
You are taking this too seriously and like Le moor said, it is wrong to assume that every Nigerian that goes to the UK stays in a hotel (if that's what you do). The fact is that some Nigerians stay with family and friends when they are in the US and in the UK. You also have to put into consideration that a lot of Nigerians visit the US and UK because they have people in those countries. Some stay because it makes their trip less expensive while some stay with family and friends who insist on that even though they can afford hotel accommodation. Afterall, we don't observe the same levels of visitation (holiday and not business, hustle, immigration) in the UK and US that one observes in other parts of the world. How many Nigerians holiday in Australia, Hungary, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, etc?

@ topic
Generalisations are wrong every single time. There are those who stay in Nigeria because they have no choice while there are those who stay in Nigeria because they prefer it there. Equally, there are those abroad who prefer to stay abroad while there are those who are stuck. At the end of the day, what matters most is individual preference and whether that preference that enables you to accomplish your life goals and dreams. Home is where the heart is. To be honest, this is a silly topic.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
Another NID vs NIN thread? Make I just jejely siddon dey watch grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
tbk417
You are taking this too seriously and like Le moor said, it is wrong to assume that every Nigerian that goes to the UK stays in a hotel (if that's what you do). The fact is that some Nigerians stay with family and friends when they are in the US and in the UK. You also have to put into consideration that a lot of Nigerians visit the US and UK because they have people in those countries. Some stay because it makes their trip less expensive while some stay with family and friends who insist on that even though they can afford hotel accommodation. Afterall, we don't observe the same levels of visitation (holiday and not business, hustle, immigration) in the UK and US that one observes in other parts of the world. How many Nigerians holiday in Australia, Hungary, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, etc?

true;

i also think the reason why some 9jas stay with relatives is usually at the instance of the person abroad. Same applies when a relative comes to 9ja on a visit cos usually, since they have been separated for a while, it makes sense to stay together (if not married) to catch up on stuffs.
It has nothing to do with affordability or shrewdness as some are making it sound.
Katsumoto
thats my response to texxazpete

i didnt say anythin about my personal experiences on this thread and i practically shared same opinion with you. again, the reason people stay with relatives is cos it affords them an avenue to catch up on lost times not because they cant afford the hotels
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Vavavoom(m): 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
The pros and cons of living within and outta 9ja. P u r e   c o m e d y   G o l d. Make una continue, LWKMD!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dremoney(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
lwkmd, I put this thread down to the ignorance of the poster.Talking about envy would only happen to a Nigerian living illegally in Uk.For chrissake,people on odd jobs after all the bills, are still better than majority of bankers in Nigeria.Guarantee!
Now lemme break your curiousity down>We dont envy,we only get upset when you come around and behave like you got billions somewhere waiting whereas,what you came to UK with might be 90% of the balance in your account(of course when you depart back to naija,struggle continues afterall you dont have any serious commitments at the end of the month).We live by the rules here,we dont owe water,electricity,council tax,phone,gas,insurance and other bills.We live like we dont have knowing Nigerians for what they are. When you eventually realise the truth in some cases,all you end up doing is tax and story and tax until you get the last.
c'mon guys,there's nowhere in the world where people live on equal means,mayb you've been squatting with mates God is yet to answer their Prayers but that in itself,is no indication of envy,they are merely disgusted with your backward thinking and moronic attitude.
This is jand mate,we do everything modestly!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by 006(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
bk/babe97:

Yep, he just had to pat himself on the back and toot his own horns! G'ahead, tell us more tales on how u spend zillions of Canadian Loon on your Biafran visitors! Liar!

. . . and he sees 006 and fires a shot. Disappointed. grin
Hey mister, our “special" thread is still there in case you’ve forgotten.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4293.160.html
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

im sure my rent is as high as what you pay in UK so dont even go there grin grin

and na me dey pay am no be my papa.

LIAR LIAR
PANTS ON FIRE.

The only bill you pay in that house is your DSTV subscription and that is ALL because of Man Utd and Berbatov. grin cheesy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

LIAR LIAR
PANTS ON FIRE.

The only bill you pay in that house is your DSTV subscription and that is ALL because of Man Utd and Berbatov. grin cheesy
see this one

i live in the tushest part of las gidi apart from Ikoyi so what are u talking about grin grin grin

my peeps live in Ikeja

go and tell ur agents they missed this one grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

see this one

i live in the tushest part of las gidi apart from Ikoyi so what are u talking about grin grin grin

my peeps live in Ikeja

go and tell your agents they missed this one grin grin grin

No one is disputing where you live. . . . .I know you stay in Dodan Barracks grin grin grin grin
The issue is you don't pay ALL the bills where you stay, chikena.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

No one is disputing where you live. . . . .I know you stay in Dodan Barracks grin grin grin grin
The issue is you don't pay ALL the bills where you stay, chikena.
so how did you know i dont pay the bills?

u be sorcerer? i pay all my bills

abi u wan come stay with me? no chance in hell grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by trublu1(f): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
ok, when I saw the subject title, my reaction was

'say WHAT'??

my dear poster - there are good and bad in both countries. *I'm talking about 'living standards'.

kudos to you for being able to travel 2x per year to the UK.

May be your 2nd cuz avoids to see you because he's just not that into you  *Don't be mad, I'ma just sayin'  grin

Some peeps over here may think that they can do better back home, in that case, then they should plan to return.  Afterall, that's the beauty of being permanently resident in the UK (if papers wasn't an issue) - the free will to travel.

However, there are many more who swap places with people in the UK - giving the sorry state of our country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Nosakhare Ogbemudia & Ekan Egonmwan's Pre-Wedding Photos / Vp Osinbajo Safe, Continues Engagements In Kogi / Unknown Gunmen Assassinate Gbenga Ogbara (APC Chairman) In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.