Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29800 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
waoosa:

Sauron,
I don't know you and you don't me. But  I want to promise you something that may change your attitude about Nigeria.
am sure once experince this, you would want to come back home.

I love Naija o. . . . .don't get me wrong.
Everything about Naija is aiight except for the electricity issues(that drives me mad) and it's one of the reasons i hate OBJ with a passion.

next time you are coming to Nigeria, Let me know. I will pay your flight down to my state. Lodge you in any hotel you want while I take you round the city. For you not to think someone wants to scam you, I can meet you up and we report to any police office to let them know you are with me. I can do anything to improve the image of our country.

This is tantalizing. . . . . . .I'll def'ly holler you up.

@Tkb417,

Na your mate be that o.
All you have ever offered me are ashawos wey dey kuramo beach.
Nonsense Lagos Boy. grin grin grin grin grin grin

tkb417:

the cost of eating that pie is the probs we face day in day out
we are not complaining
grin grin grin

Sauron cannot afford that cost for now. . . . .
When i'm ready, i go holler you. cheesy grin

tkb417:

God bless u
the boi has been discussing with coys on how to come back home
b4 the end of the year, dont be surprised when he starts defending Nigerians living at home grin grin grin

I go do ma NYSC for Abuja first.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by jaybee3(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Alamsdee Vs tkb
ride on guys
keep it civil though grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
what percentage of your income goes to the so called "all forms of taxes "??
32%

i have facilitated enuff financing instruments mezz/debt /bond for the construction of SOCs in 9ja
how much in naira
deals are priced in dollars and if u know ur acctng u will know capex on SOCs are usually huge

imagine facilitating a long term debt from afc, like how much do u think that will be in naira
u guess is as good as mine
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tkb417,

Na your mate be that o.
All you have ever offered me are ashawos wey dey kuramo beach.
Nonsense Lagos Boy
hehehehe

what shd i offer u?

i still dey struggle, i never reach woosa level na grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by mployer(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
I noticed the same thing recently when a friends who has been in the US for 14 years asked me why i haven't asked her for anything since she returned. She says am feeling too proud of myself.

See wahala
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by mployer(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
Seems this Uk Guys are really broke shocked. Dat has always being my suspicion.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by lovemoneyn: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
LOVE MONEY PRODUCTION

Do you need a Sugar Daddy or Sugar Mummy who is romantically ready to spend money on you and also lives within your state/location in Nigeria?
Then contact us at lovemoneyNigeria@yahoo.com and we shall get you hooked up immediately.

To Sign up:
Send your State/Location, Age,Sex and Phone number(optional) to [b]lovemoneyNigeria@yahoo.com [/b]and we shall get back to you immediately.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

32%

deals are priced in dollars and if u know your acctng u will know capex on SOCs are usually huge

imagine facilitating a long term debt from afc, like how much do u think that will be in naira
u guess is as good as mine

32% income tax, in nigeria

mate, this is a public forum, no dey lie like small pikin.

help the poor man next door who is not sure of what he will eat the next day, i see so much suffering in the eyes of my people back in nigeria, if u and i and everyone can contribute to help the poor and less priviledged in the nigerian society, things will get better, u guys brag that u visit uk twice or 1oo'xs a year, let us ask ourselves how many british people visit nigeria in their life time? sorry i said grow up previously, it's just i feel so ashamed of myself when the few priviledged in the country go about bragging about their wealth rather than ponder on how to build the nigerian economy, it is not only the nigerian government that is tasked with the responsibility of managing our economy, the responsibility also includes u and i, nigerians that live overseas contribute to the growth of our economy with the £1 and $1 they send home to their families in nigeria, let us appreciate ourselves and not come on this forum to beef each other. just always ask urself when u cruise around town in nigeria, "what have i done to help this poor faces around me, do this people watch me in admiration cos i have a luxury jeep, or am i oppressing them to the point of envy", think of what u can do for nigeria and not what nigeria will do for u.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by waoosa(m): 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

@Waoosa, what about you extend this same to at least a million Nigerians living right there in NIgeria with you?
Kobo Junkie,
If you read well, i have been responding ONLy to SAUROn as I feel he is intelligent to be discussed with but somehow pissed about the state of our Country which I want him to start appreciating.

I work hard for my money and don't have such to spend on Nigerians in or outside Nigeria but maybe able to spend some thousands just to correct the image of our country nigeria and not to show off wealth on the prompting of people.

some charitable work or community work i do is also to stop and intervene whenver i see our policemen harassing innocent Nigerians. I will stand to defend anybody as long as he/sghe is right. You may like to know that I have helped quite a few nigerians to get back on track when deported. Most are now working and earning a living instead of running from police and doing illegal business abroad.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
32% income tax, in nigeria

mate, this is a public forum, no dey lie like small pikin.
??

and u expect me to continue chatting with u?

what do u know about the new tax regime in Lagos/Nigeria?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
Income tax is not 32% in Nigeria . http://www.firs.gov.ng/individuals.aspx
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by superstar1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
Na wa oooooooooooooooo, u na don start dis your we (nigerians in 9ja) versus dem (nigerians abroad) war again, don't u get tired of this beef talks? wherever we find ourselves in life, lets make the best use of it and be the best of it, i rest my case
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

see, ask questions

ask anybody in Lagos

the more you earn, the more u pay

thats the way it works in Lagos

are we clear?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

??

and u expect me to continue chatting with u?

what do u know about the new tax regime in Lagos/Nigeria?

maybe 32% income tax of a salary that is made up of 80% non taxable allowances
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
waoosa:

Kobo Junkie,
If you read well, i have been responding ONLy to SAUROn as I feel he is intelligent to be discussed with but somehow pissed about the state of our Country which I want him to start appreciating.
I know that but there are many "Saurons" right there in Nigeria who will appreciate that help too. Why try to "convert" the one that is not with you there now when there are over a million right there with you needing it more?
waoosa:

I work hard for my money and don't have such to spend on Nigerians in or outside Nigeria but maybe able to spend some thousands just to correct the image of our country nigeria and not to show off wealth on the prompting of people.
Maybe spend that thousand right there in Nigeria on your fellow FULLTIMERS to correct the image of Nigerian they have.
waoosa:

some charitable work or community work i do is also to stop and intervene whenver i see our policemen harassing innocent Nigerians. I will stand to defend anybody as long as he/sghe is right. You may like to know that I have helped quite a few nigerians to get back on track when deported. Most are now working and earning a living instead of running from police and doing illegal business abroad.
Good for you. And I believe if you continue to do just that you would not need to spend those thousands you plan to on "CONVERTING" the saurons who live abroad.  Once they start to notice the change you effect, they are more likely to get the image of Nigeria you are trying to sell them then.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

see, ask questions

ask anybody in Lagos

are we clear?

That is how income tax works even out here. The income tax rate in Nigeria IS NOT 32% according to FIRS itself. If you can be more specific as to tell us how much you made last year and how much you paid, we can look at it.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

firs deals with FED govt peeps
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

see, ask questions

ask anybody in Lagos

are we clear?

let me ask the question properly:

40% of £100000 = £40000
32% of N****** = N*****

Can u complete your own part of the equation pls?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

firs deals with FED govt peeps

Are you saying you only pay STATE taxes and not Federal?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is how income tax works even out here. The income tax rate in Nigeria IS NOT 32% according to FIRS itself. If you can be more specific as to tell us how much you made last year and how much you paid, we can look at it.
LOLOLOLOL

ok kobo

lemme look at my slip properly and the rates as stipulated by LASG

ill get back to u on that grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by waoosa(m): 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobo junki,
thank you very much. guess you are here to forment trouble. am out. God bless.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

LOLOLOLOL

ok kobo

Take it that you are trying to teach those of us who may have plans to move down to Nigerian to do business soon or are already doing business but trying to figure out how exactly tax system, and rates have changed as against how it used to work.

waoosa:

Kobo junki,
thank you very much. guess you are here to forment trouble. am out. God bless.

All this because suggestions were made that probably made YOU uncomfortable? Good for you!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are you saying you only pay STATE taxes and not Federal?
companies pay to FED while individuals pay to states
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
alamsdee:

let me ask the question properly:

40% of £100000 = £40000
32% of N****** = N*****

Can u complete your own part of the equation pls?
are we comparing Nigeria with UK?

the reason why people are even up and doing presently as regards tax payment is cos of the way the state govt has been going on about collections. Tax in Nigeria is not the same with UK so dont go there
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

companies pay to FED while individuals pay to states
Not according to the FIRS site.

But Over here we pay Federal, State and City Taxes. Not that I am complaining cause once you sort of get used to it, you really don't bother much about it until some politician comes in to raise it . lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by lee007(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
I just returnd from my first 3weeks vacation in the UK and before i left I heard stories about how naija peeps in the Uk treat thier friends and even close family members when they visit the UK. Despite the fact that i was to stay with an old friend who have promised to take care of my accomodation i went armed with enough 50pounds notes that can accomodate me for two weeks in the UK cool

Well to my suprise, i was shoucked at the level of hospitality and warmness i recieved throughout my stay even from people i met while i was holidaying, however i must say that some of my friends dissapointed me, even those i had no plans of staying with while i was there, i wonder if the think we come to the UK to beg, for me to plan a vacation i save  towards it and plan to enjoy myself to the brim with my own hard earned naira=pounds, well i just ignore such people and move on grin

looking back now ill say it all depends on individual and the relationship you have with people you know in the UK, am sure there are a lot of naija peeps who dont feel jealous when u visit, diffrent srtokes for diffrent people though
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by alamsdee: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
tkb417:

LOLOLOLOL

ok kobo

how much tax do u pay a year in total (estimate)

this is not to ridicule u, but for u to understand our nigerians living overseas support the various governments of the countries they sojourn in. i am using the uk here as an example. when people say nigerians in the uk are stingy, they dont understand what it is to pay heavy taxes and still shove out money for bills. yes we pay out a lot. but the standard of living in the uk including the poor man living off benefits from the job centre is still better than most average nigerians in nigeria cos of selfishness, greed of government officials and aristocrats.

pls stop bragging and beefing people who are proud to sweat it out to get their daily living. there is indeed pride in labour and being able to help out in the subsidies made for the next door poor fella.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
waoosa:

Kobo Junkie,

I appreciate your kind gesture. . . . . .I am well pleased. grin

Kobojunkie:

I know that but there are many "Saurons" right there in Nigeria who will appreciate that help too. Why try to "convert" the one that is not with you there now when there are over a million right there with you needing it more?Maybe spend that thousand right there in Nigeria on your fellow FULLTIMERS to correct the image of Nigerian they have.Good for you. And I believe if you continue to do just that you would not need to spend those thousands you plan to on "CONVERTING" the saurons who live abroad.  Once they start to notice the change you effect, they are more likely to get the image of Nigeria you are trying to sell them then.

Kobojunkie, Haba. . . . .Please don't queer the pitch for me na!!!
There's ONLY one Sauron. . . . . .Where did you see thousands of Saurons in Nigeria?
Woosa wants to take me on an excursion to his State(all expenses paid) and you are discouraging him. . .
We go fight for here oooo.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by nikkygal(f): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Kobojunkie

Am not trying to defend Tkb here but just trying to clarify issues. . . .

First off, FIRS does not deal with income of Individuals except those in the military, diplomats etc. LSBIR (Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue) is in charge of taxes of Individuals resident in Lagos & the tax is being administered on a graduated scale. . . . . any income above 25k or 30k (i've forgotten now) is taxed @ 25% . . . . which is obviously where tkb belongs. Of course this is purely on your salary alone, minus other 'creative taxes' the LASG have recently introduced.

Bottomline is, Lagos State tax administration is no longer like you all used to know. . . .The tax administration of LSBIR is now very robust & vibrant and their tax dragnet is in every nook & cranny of the state extending to all the traders, market women  & even signage owners.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Kobojunkie, Haba. . . . .Please don't queer the pitch for me na!!!
There's ONLY one Sauron. . . . . .Where did you see thousands of Saurons in Nigeria?
Woosa wants to take me on an excursion to his State(all expenses paid) and you are discouraging him. . .
We go fight for here oooo.

Na only you im go offer free excursion? Why e no offer am everybody for here? Me sef I fit Pretend say I no like Naija. lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
@Kobo

this is the way it works

there are different bands of taxable income

assuming u earn 1,000,000 per month

and the bands include

0 - N10,000
10,0000- 50,0000
50,0000- 150,000
150,000 and above
they tax like 20% for each band and like 25% for the last band

so if u make more money, u'll pay more

i'll get the right band and tax rate for u. just asked someone to send to me

ill post here
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But Over here we pay Federal, State and City Taxes.

congratulations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

You Cannot Insist On Due Process For Igboho, Kanu & Deny It To Abba Kyari - FFK / We Don't Want Wike As Our Next Vice President - MURIC Tells Atiku / Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.