Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria (1365 Views)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold / Grace Over Sin / Prophet Iginla Weeps Over Nigeria, Prays Against Happenings In May, June, July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
Join me in speaking grace daily over Nigeria for the next 31 days instead of complaining and saying negative things about this great country and its leaders.

Words are very powerful and speaking the right words has formidable effect.

Let's pull out words of power to change the course of Nigeria to its divinely ordained path.

God bless you amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
Day 1

Scriptural reference:

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:4‭-‬7 NIV

Speak:
Merciful Father, today I pray that you would make the leaders of Nigeria nation men and women of mercy. I pray that those in leadership at every level would taste of your mercy, your grace, and your salvation. May they extend that same mercy to those they lead. May power be given only to those who will use it in accordance with your righteous mercy.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
For how long..??

While 5 Prominent Men of God assisted a live murderous beast to power in 2015......who has killed over 10000 Christians across the country since June 2015. You want us to PRAY while he KILLS on.

Nay...!! Tell the believers to remain vigilant and ready to defend our spaces of dwelling. They may blend it with Prayers but the core is to fight back with anything available and stop these wailing upandan as weaklings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2018
Day 2

Scriptural reference:

Praise the Lord , my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord , my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Psalm 103:1‭-‬5 NIV

Speak:

Lord Jesus, I thank you today for the forgiveness you have extended to me, a sinner redeemed by your love. I ask for your forgiveness over Nigeria; may your restoring love run swiftly through our people and our land. I pray that the people in Nigeria would be convicted of all unrighteousness and turn toward you for forgiveness. May your healing and redemption come quickly to our land.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
Day 3

Scriptural reference:

the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, and the voices of those who bring thank offerings to the house of the Lord , saying, “Give thanks to the Lord Almighty, for the Lord is good; his love endures forever.” For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before,’ says the Lord . “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In this place, desolate and without people or animals—in all its towns there will again be pastures for shepherds to rest their flocks.
Jeremiah 33:11‭-‬12 NIV

Speak:

I thank you today, God, for the gift of your pardon. I repent of all the ways I have sinned against you and pray that you would cleanse my heart of all iniquity. As I consider the truth of your Word and your heart for all people, Lord, would pardon your people in my community. Cleanse our hearts of iniquity, and rebuild us as a unified Body known by our love in our nation today.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:09am On Jul 04, 2018
Day 4

Scriptural reference:

And the Lord has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession as he promised, and that you are to keep all his commands. He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God, as he promised.
Deuteronomy 26:18‭-‬19 NIV

Speak:

Father, I come before you as one of your people— your Church—your chosen and treasured possession. I pray today that you would guide the hearts of your people in Nigeria to walk in the honor and holiness to which you have called us. Give us wisdom, Lord, to bring honor to your name as we engage in our families, in the Church, and in the world around us.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by nans24: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2018
ProPastorChris:
Join me in speaking grace daily over Nigeria for the next 31 days instead of complaining and saying negative things about this great country and its leaders.

Words are very powerful and speaking the right words has formidable effect.

Let's pull out words of power to change the course of Nigeria to its divinely ordained path.

God bless you amen

But your God has already told you that in the lasts days men will become wicked. Why waste energy praying to a God who has already told you how hard and difficult life will be before the world ends?

You are very funny.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 6:27am On Jul 05, 2018
nans24:

But your God has already told you that in the lasts days men will become wicked. Why waste energy praying to a God who has already told you how hard and difficult life will be before the world ends?

You are very funny.

Prayer is more than asking and receiving, it's an inter-mingling of spiritual entities where we fellowship with the Father. So we don't waste energy rather we grow in Him the more we pray WITH Him
Yes things will become hard and difficult only for the unsaved but our prayers can bring them out and save them.
Am not funny but am very very serious
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2018
Day 5

Scriptural reference:

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
1 John 3:16 NIV

Speak:

Thank you, Jesus, for your sacrifice and devotion to me. I pray that in everything I do, you would show me how to demonstrate your love and devotion to the lost. Reveal to me, Lord, how I can lay my life down for the sake of others, making sure everyone has a chance to hear about your great love. May my heart be devoted to you and to the people you have placed in my life.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2018
Day 6

Scriptural reference:

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

Speak:

Lord, thank you for rejoicing over me. May I serve you with joy and bring you delight through my thoughts and actions. Help me to understand that your delight is a gift unearned that I would walk freely in your song of rejoicing. I pray that you would reveal to the people of Nigeria your delight. Help us to notice the care and beauty with which you have made the world unto a recognition of your power and your delight.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 9:29am On Jul 07, 2018
Day 7

Scriptural reference:

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29 NIV

Speak:

Father, I ask for you to heal the broken places of my own heart and emotions in your gentleness. May my emotions, my thoughts, my words and my actions be touched by your gentle and restoring grace. I pray for the government of Nigeria as well, where emotions run high and conflict often reigns, that Nigeria’s leaders would experience your peace and gentleness. Reveal yourself as the gentle Shepherd to my country’s leaders that they would turn to you and enter into your rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2018
Day 8

Scriptural reference:

For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord .
Psalm 117:2 NIV

Speak:

I thank you, Lord, for your kindness to me. I praise you for the kindness you have shown to our nation Nigeria in the past. I pray today that you would work through me, especially whenever I participate in the political process, to show kindness to your people and to the lost in Nigeria. Give me a kind heart, God, and reveal to me your kindness for your people
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2018
Day 9

Scriptural reference:

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
Matthew 9:35‭-‬36 NIV

Speak:

Jesus, I pray that you would open my eyes in compassion to those who are weary and scattered, to the lost who are like sheep without a shepherd across Nigeria. In everything that I do guide me in your compassion. Open my eyes to the deeper needs of those in my community and the work of alleviating the distress of others. May the voice of your people today be one of compassion in response to the great needs facing our country Nigeria at this time. May the leaders of our Nigeria be filled with compassion amen.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2018
Day 10

Scriptural reference:

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:12 NIV

Speak:

Oh God, your salvation is a gift so generous we could never calculate its worth. I thank you today for the countless ways you have shown generosity to your people, and the generosity you have shown Nigeria. I pray, Lord, that you would move your Church to embody your radical generosity to the poor and oppressed in Nigeria. Make our hearts generous and lead us in spreading the joy of your salvation to every home in our land.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2018
Day 11

Scriptural reference:

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,
Romans 15:5 NIV

Speak:

Today, Lord God, I lift up every leader who serves in any position of influence in Nigeria’s government. I pray that each and every one would be a person of patience. Mold their hearts after yours, Jesus, making them like-minded toward the people they are serving. Give them patience to bear the burden of leadership. Make them steadfast in doing what is just and right for all the people in Nigeria.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by 0temSapien: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
More like saying, 31 Days of Wasting Time...
To get things done, you act, you don't pray or wish for too long...

Homo Sapiens III 15:12
12. sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow human beings.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2018
Day 12

Scriptural reference:

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
2 Corinthians 1:2‭-‬3 NIV

Speak:

Your grace, Jesus, is so clearly seen through your sympathy— the sympathy you displayed when you entered our world in human flesh. I thank you for that incredible gift, and I pray that you would make me sympathetic like you. Help me, as I pray for the people of Nigeria; to enter into the feelings and experiences of my neighbors. May the people of Nigeria be filled with sympathy for one another. Help us to see each other through a lens of sensitivity, and not one of fear or self-interest.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Day 13

Scriptural reference:

As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
James 5:11 NIV

Speak:

Father, I thank you for your tenderness toward me and toward Nigeria. I am grateful that your purposes are full of tenderness and compassion. I pray, Lord, that our leaders would encounter your tenderness and become men and women of tenderness. May the purposes of their hearts come into alignment with your purposes. I pray for loving and gentle hearts to serve the people of Nigeria in the same tenderness with which you treat your people.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 9:21am On Jul 14, 2018
Day 14

Scriptural reference:

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
Ephesians 2:4‭-‬5 NIV

Speak:

Because of your love, oh Lord, I am alive in Christ. I am saved by your grace! As I pray for my country Nigeria today, God, I ask that you would infiltrate our land with your love. Give your people here your heart of love; may we think and speak and act through the filter of your love. May our actions and words be informed by your love, and may the officials who lead us use their influence for benefit of all our people and your creation Amen.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 6:31am On Jul 15, 2018
Day 15

Scriptural reference:

You who bring good news to Zion, go up on a high mountain. You who bring good news to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid; say to the towns of Judah, “Here is your God!” See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and he rules with a mighty arm. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40:9‭-‬11 NIV

Speak:

Father, I thank you today for the ways you have shown me care. I thank you for your care for your church in Nigeria. I pray, Lord, that you would fill the hearts of your people with your care for others. Give us your shepherd’s heart to meet the practical needs of those in our families and communities. Give us opportunities to proclaim the Good News to the lost in Nigeria.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2018
Day 16

Scriptural reference:

Commit your way to the Lord ; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:5‭-‬6 NIV

Speak:

Today, Lord God, I desire your approval. May my heart be open to you; and my thoughts be pleasing to you. “Do whatever needs to be done” in me. I pray today that the church in Nigeria would be receptive to you, ready to hear and obey your word, so that we might be stamped with your approval. May we never forget that you are the one who accomplishes the work of approval in our hearts; may we stand apart in Nigeria as a people who are not striving for acceptance but filled with your un-ceasing to love.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 6:15am On Jul 18, 2018
Day 17

Scriptural reference:

For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed ; the offspring of the wicked will perish.
Psalm 37:28 NIV

Speak:

God of peace, I pray that you would bring your calm to our land in the midst of every tragedy, scare, and trial. I cry out to you, that you would hush the storm and bring us out of our distresses. Give to us the peace that makes us calm, and help us to be a resting place for the anxious and worried.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 6:17am On Jul 18, 2018
Day 18

Scriptural reference

To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. Yet the Lord set his affection on your ancestors and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations—as it is today.
Deuteronomy 10:14‭-‬15 NIV

Speak

Jesus, the whole world—the universe!—belongs to you, and yet you have set your affections on me. This is grace overwhelming. I pray today that you would give me your heart of affection for my neighbors. Show me how my actions and words can demonstrate your affection for every person. I pray, too, that the leaders of Nigeria will consistently show true affection for the people they govern.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2018
Day 19

Scriptural reference

I will sing of the Lord ’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
Psalm 89:1‭-‬2 NIV

Speak

As I pray for Nigeria today, Lord, I lift up our leaders to you—all those who are governing now as well as those you might be preparing to govern in the future. Your fidelity, God, gives us safety and security like a roof over our world. I pray that the leaders of Nigeria would demonstrate that same kind of fidelity—a faithfulness to their positions and to the people they represent—that will bring a sense of security to the people.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:24am On Jul 20, 2018
Day 20

Scriptural reference

“For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back. In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord your Redeemer.
Isaiah 54:7‭-‬8 NIV

Speak

You have been softhearted with me, oh Lord, and I am grateful. I pray today that you would be softhearted with your people in Nigeria, and make us softhearted toward our neighbors. Show us how we can demonstrate your sympathetic heart to the needs of those around us. May our leaders have softhearted spirits. May they have sympathy for the people they govern, and may they be emotionally responsive to people’s needs.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2018
Day 21

Scriptural reference

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
Jeremiah 31:3 NIV

Speak

Father God, I thank you for your faithfulness to me. Thank you for your everlasting love. Thank you for your faithfulness to your people in my nation and to our land Nigeria. I pray, Lord, that in your faithfulness you would lead your people to your heart. I pray that you would form us into a faithful people, marked by your everlasting love.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
Day 22

Scriptural reference

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 6:19‭-‬20 NIV

Speak

Jesus, I praise you today for your steadfastness. I thank you that regardless of what is going on in our land, we have hope in you which anchors our souls, sure and steadfast. No matter what policies or leaders are in place, we can trust in the steadfastness of your kingdom and your sovereignty. I pray that you would remind your people of your steadfastness, that we would display the unshakable hope available in you, the living Christ.

Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 7:05am On Jul 23, 2018
Day 23

Scriptural reference

Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
Luke 12:22‭-‬23 NIV

Speak

Your thoughtfulness toward me, Lord Jesus, gives me peace and assurance. Today, I pray that you would give me your thoughtfulness. I pray that you would make your people in Nigeria thoughtful toward the world just as you have been thoughtful toward us. May we walk in an awareness of your thoughtfulness that makes us free from needless anxiety and distress. Bring peace to those around us and to Nigeria.

Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2018
July 24

Scriptural reference

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
1 Timothy 1:15‭-‬16 NIV

Speak

God, you have been long-suffering with us, your people in Nigeria. You have saved us, sinners, and you have given us mercy. You have been patient with us, even when we have complained against you. Today, I pray again for our governmental leaders. I pray that you would give them a spirit of long-suffering. Give them patience as they engage the challenges in Nigeria and give them the character to endure the hardships of leadership for the benefit of our people.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2018
July 25

Scriptural reference

Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?
1 Corinthians 6:2 NIV

Speak

Lord, I thank you for your acceptance—for your gracious welcome and salvation. I pray today that you would fill my heart with the acceptance you have extended to me. Show me how to respond favorably to those around me, to open my arms in gracious welcome just as you have welcomed me. May your gracious acceptance and salvation spread across Nigeria through your people.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by ProPastorChris(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2018
Day 26

Scriptural reference

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;
Psalm 34:17‭-‬19 NIV

Speak

I praise you today, oh Lord, for your availability. I thank you that every time I am in trouble, you are there, ready to rescue me. I thank you for mending my broken heart and responding every time I cry for help. I thank you that you are forever available to your people in this Nigeria. I pray that we would turn to you, remembering always that you are never too far to hear our cries.
Re: 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria by peterobosa: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
Pastor Paul Adefarasin to host The African Praise Experience (T.A.P.E.) & Travis Greene in Concert | Friday, July 27th

The highly anticipated 2018 Edition of The African Praise Experience (T.A.P.E) holds this Friday, July 27, 2018 at House on the Rock (The Rock Cathedral), Lekki, Lagos. The event which is a festival of praise, will celebrate Jesus our King in varying indigenous languages and local dialects.

This year’s edition promises to be explosive! For the first time-ever, T.A.P.E. which is a signature worship concert will be featuring the FEARLESS Concert & Travis Greene in the same night, hosted by Pastor Paul Adefarasin of House On The Rock Church.

Headlining The African Praise Experience (T.A.P.E) is a constellation of leading Gospel voices like Sammie Okposo, Onos, Frank Edwards, Midnight Crew, Ada, Eben, Bukola Bekes, Chioma Jesus and the Lagos Metropolitan Gospel Choir (LMGC).

The African Praise Experience will also host FEARLESS headlined by Tim Godfrey alongside the award-winning Xtreme Crew and Travis Greene, the “Intentional” crooner, internationally-acclaimed and best-selling Gospel Music Minstrel.

A statement by the church reads in part: “Since inception, TAPE has been an awesome expression of rhythm and sounds of worship with a stellar cast of worship leaders.”

The event starts by 8pm but you will want to come in much earlier if you are to get choice seats!

Date: Friday, July 27th, 2018.
Time: 8pm
Venue: House on the Rock (The Rock Cathedral), 4th Round-about, Lekki-Epe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Foundation Builds Free School / 36 Reasons 4 Rejecting Muhammed To Jesus -ex-muslim Narrates. 25 & 26 Is So Bad / Catholic priest Father Martins Enegbuma assaulted parishioner as she visited on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.