Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nani Out Of World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nani Out Of World Cup (930 Views)

Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) / John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury / Nani's Showboating: Great Or Unnecessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nani Out Of World Cup by gregejige: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
Portugal winger Nani has been ruled out of the World Cup after suffering an injury to his collar bone.

Manchester United's Nani picked up the injury in training on Friday in Lisbon before flying to South Africa.

"After tests we conclude he is unfit to participate in the World Cup," said a team statement. ,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8728478.stm
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by gregejige: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
Is this World Cup event jinxed??
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
wut da fckc is happening too all this players?
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by gregejige: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2010
I tire o!

It is scary . . really
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2010
This is the right time for an African country to win this Worldcup.

We can do it.

Apart from Mikel from Nigeria, all other countries from Africa aren't having issues with Injuries, (Drogba is sure going to make the worldcup).

Who in Africa is close enough to be counted as a contender?
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by chidichris(m): 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2010
This is the right time for an African country to win this Worldcup.

We can do it.

Apart from Mikel from Nigeria, all other countries from Africa aren't having issues with Injuries, (Drogba is sure going to make the worldcup).

Who in Africa is close enough to be counted as a contender?

@honeric01,
which part of ur body is responsible for thinking in ur system?
africa winning the world cup? so brazil, argentina, england, portugal, spain, italy, germany, and other soccer power houses are in south africa for fun?
are u not aware that essien is out injured with muntari still a doubt?
beckham, ballack, nani, etc are all out with injuries and all their countries will do is just pray for them but with mikel injury, ask nigerians what they have to say?
injury is part of football especially in desperate situations.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by gregejige: 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
chidichris:

@honeric01,
which part of your body is responsible for thinking in your system?
africa winning the world cup? so brazil, argentina, england, portugal, spain, italy, germany, and other soccer power houses are in south africa for fun?
beckham, ballack, nani, etc are all out with injuries and all their countries will do is just pray for them but with mikel injury, ask nigerians what they have to say?

grin grin
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2010
chidichris:

@honeric01,
which part of your body is responsible for thinking in your system?

Stop sounding like a dead mic, if you read my comment pretty well, you'd see that most of the sentences was asking questions and i even ended the comment with a question, i wasn't saying an African is sure going to win it, i was only saying things might favor an African country.

Brazilian first choice GF is injured, they didn't come with most of their performing players so they are also not as strong as you think.

All the rest that you listed are likely to remove eachother before the quarter final stage, check the pairings, all the African countries need to do is first get out of their groups, once that's done, the round of 16 might still favor them.

All these depend on the Determination on the part of the African countries.
All the same, no one should rule out the possibility of an African country doing something extra-ordinarily.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by dominique(f): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
good response there honeric smiley

@topic
i'm not of the belief that a player makes a team. infact, the player's absence can be a platform for a promising player that has been overlooked before.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by gregejige: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
dominique:

good response there honeric smiley

@topic
i'm not of the belief that a player makes a team. infact, the player's absence can be a platform for a promising player that has been overlooked before.

True. But still sad when players you expect great things from are breaking down before the main event.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by Emperoh(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2010
African team winning World Cup MY FOOT!!!
What is the joy of watching the greatest soccer show on planet earth without its best gladiators?
Nani's injury is hurting me not cos am a United fan but he's one of the players i was out to watch at the mundial!!

South African's had better tell us with is wrong!! angry sad shocked
Essien, ballack, mikel, drogba, robben now Nani. . . . . . who's next?
Maybe Xavi and Messi?
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by chidichris(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2010
Stop sounding like a dead mic, if you read my comment pretty well, you'd see that most of the sentences was asking questions and i even ended the comment with a question, i wasn't saying an African is sure going to win it, i was only saying things might favor an African country.

Brazilian first choice GF is injured, they didn't come with most of their performing players so they are also not as strong as you think.

All the rest that you listed are likely to remove eachother before the quarter final stage, check the pairings, all the African countries need to do is first get out of their groups, once that's done, the round of 16 might still favor them.

All these depend on the Determination on the part of the African countries.
All the same, no one should rule out the possibility of an African country doing something extra-ordinarily.

@honeric01,
do u think u are not making the matter worst by this life of assumption of urs.
ok, obama might play for the usa team in sa.
goodluck jonathan might be our goalkeeper in sa.
if only wishes are horses.
do u know why 3 goalkeepers are allowed in every team?
do u know the current brazilian coach's choice of number 1 goalkeeper can be another coach's choice as number 3?
that number 1 injured is not a good reason like someone rightly pointed out here, that might be the long awaited opportunity for the number 2 goalkeeper to showcase his abilities.
in chelsea, the injury of bosinga paved way for ivanovic and if u are current with the situation, u will know what it will take for bosinga to take back that position fromivanovic.
from ur calculations, i can't help but believe that u are an arsenal fan because while others are playing and enjoying their winning ways, arsenal fans will be drawing and calculating the rest matches of the season.
what is the guarrantee that the so-called african countries will come out of the lions' mouth in the name of group stages?
who are those players that are wonderful that these countries left behind?

African team winning World Cup MY FOOT!!!
What is the joy of watching the greatest soccer show on planet earth without its best gladiators?
Nani's injury is hurting me not cos am a United fan but he's one of the players i was out to watch at the mundial!!

South African's had better tell us with is wrong!! Angry Sad Shocked
Essien, ballack, mikel, drogba, robben now Nani. . . . . . who's next?
Maybe Xavi and Messi?

@Emperoh,
u are not a gentleman. so u kept quiet all these while everyother players were getting injuries only to talk now that a man u player is injured, abi?
u never halla.
u did not even sympathize with us (chelsea) when all our championship materials(essien, ballack, drogba and mikel) were all ruled out. i now believe that u man u fans are still having grudges against us(chelsea) for beating u home and away as well as winning the epl.
anyways, am sorry for nani but i still believe it all relates to a long season. can't u see, arsenal players are safe because they had nothing to worry abt through out the season.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by naso2(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2010
even an average coach will assemble this injured players and win the WC------essien,nani,mikel,pirlo,arjen robben,ferdinand. . . . . . . wetin dey happen. make dis south africans go consult abeg.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by Osama10(m): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2010
Na wa oh, who is next?
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by gregejige: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2010
na_so:

even an average coach will assemble this injured players and win the WC------essien,nani,mikel,pirlo,arjen robben,ferdinand. . . . . . . wetin dey happen. make dis south africans go consult abeg.

David Beckham nko?
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2010
What is going on?

Who will play in this world cup?

Like play, Like play everybody else will get injured and South Africa will just win the world cup.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 10:30pm On Jun 08, 2010
chidichris:

@honeric01,
do u think u are not making the matter worst by this life of assumption of urs.
ok, obama might play for the usa team in sa.
goodluck jonathan might be our goalkeeper in sa.
if only wishes are horses.
do u know why 3 goalkeepers are allowed in every team?
do u know the current brazilian coach's choice of number 1 goalkeeper can be another coach's choice as number 3?
that number 1 injured is not a good reason like someone rightly pointed out here, that might be the long awaited opportunity for the number 2 goalkeeper to showcase his abilities.
in chelsea, the injury of bosinga paved way for ivanovic and if u are current with the situation, u will know what it will take for bosinga to take back that position fromivanovic.
from your calculations, i can't help but believe that u are an arsenal fan because while others are playing and enjoying their winning ways, arsenal fans will be drawing and calculating the rest matches of the season.
what is the guarrantee that the so-called african countries will come out of the lions' mouth in the name of group stages?
who are those players that are wonderful that these countries left behind?

Sorry but what are you trying to say here? i ain't getting you bro, can you please return back to earth?
Well, when i said it's possible for an African country to win the worldcup, you came all down on me as if i said some abominable words, what's wrong with an African country winning the worldcup? let me tell you something bro, football is not mathematics and you cannot say because Brazil is Brazil, they should automatically be given the call nor can you say because it's South Africa, then they should be the whipping boys of their group.

If Greece could win euro 2004 with countries like Portugal, Germany, Spain, England, Turkey, Croatia e.t.c present, then an African can win if they get their act right.

If Porto could win the UCL against teams like Liverpool, Barca, Arsenal, Madrid, Ac milan Man U e.t.c, then it's possible for Ghana to win the world cup if they know what they are doing.

If South Korea could finish 4th at the 2002 worldcup (they were not known for anything until that worldcup) against teams like Italy, Spain, England, Sweden Argentina, Denmark e.t.c then Cameroon can win the worldcup if they are determined.

There are alot of things that propel unexpected things to occur and this worldcup is not excluded from having such uncertainties.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2010
If Valencia could win the UCL against teams like Liverpool, Barca, Arsenal, Madrid, Ac milan Man U e.t.c, then it's possible for Ghana to win the world cup if they know what they are doing.

Which year was this, maybe I need to upgrade myself
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Which year was this, maybe I need to upgrade myself

sorry, i meant to say Porto, sorry bro it was a typo embarassed
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
EVen the best make mistakes
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2010
Yes bro, i was just trying to make some valid points here.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by otokx(m): 2:19am On Jun 09, 2010
no African team will play in the semi final talk less of winning the world cup. NANI can try again in 4 years time.
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by honeric01(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2010
otokx:

no African team will play in the semi final talk less of winning the world cup. NANI can try again in 4 years time.

What are you? A god or what?
Re: Nani Out Of World Cup by Jencejyde(m): 11:49am On Jun 09, 2010
Hmm, the effects of the long and excruciating EPL season has finally begun to take it's toll on the players. The only sad part is the fact that it coincides with this years world cup is taking place on the African Continent. And just like a fellow poster said "What is the joy of watching the greatest soccer show on planet earth without its best gladiators?" Honestly, a couple of teams may have a word or two to say after the tournament but the whatever grudges or complaints they have, the games must surely go on. I jus pray that these injuries do not kill the hype already in the air. What if it was Messi, Ronaldo or Rooney, think about how their counties would feel. It's certainly not the best but not one that can be prevented either. Let's just hope and pray that there would be minimal casualties.

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Special Award Reception For The Victorious Super Eagle. / Champions League Draw Manipulation! / 2015 AFCON Meaningless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.