Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job (20468 Views)

Onuachu Replaces Osimhen In Nigeria’s Squad For Algeria, Tunisia Friendlies / AFCON 2019: Prize Money For Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria To Be Received From CAF / Rohr Releases Super Eagles Squad For Algeria, Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by innocential3032(m): 8:06am On Jul 03, 2018
frank41:
Our problem in this country is that we don't value what we have until we loose it.
and u are one of those causing the country problem, supporting a failure? I pray you receive sense cuz u lack it
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by BabaO2: 8:07am On Jul 03, 2018
He's not good enough or he was being dictated to by some overbearing greedy people that always want their people to dominate national team even when they are not good enough.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by webincomeplus(m): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2018
If Nigeria had sacked Clemens Westerhof in haste, he wouldn't have won us the nations cup in 1994. If we had sacked Bonfrere Jo in haste, he wouldn't have gotten the Olympic gold medal. None of these coaches delivered outstanding results from the outset, but with time, they got it right.

In my opinion, I think Rohr should stay.

6 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Gullah: 8:11am On Jul 03, 2018
He is under contract with us until 2020, Algeria should be ready to pay us a huge sum if they want him but our NFF sef is in crises. Who is our NFF president now? Is it Giwa or Pinnick?
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by wizkidblogger(f): 8:16am On Jul 03, 2018
he should leave sharp sharp abeg. a coach that doesn't know how to sub when it really matters is a no no

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by AngelicBeing: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2018
myners007:
I would rather prefer them to enlist Buhari for the position of President in their country
shocked

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by scholes23(m): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2018
let the man remain with us. getting another coach will not be the solution to our problem. take the current Germany coach for example, despite the poor outings they've had in the past, they still stood by him until he finally won the world cup despite the odds. putting someone under pressure without breathing space is very detrimental.

G: Give
R: Rohr
A: Another
C: Chance
E: Eeeeehhhhh
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by victorazyvictor(m): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2018
The ma. is very good, he brought back our wayward eagle.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by phase1: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2018
Sound is not too bad but most times I wonder if he really knows the strenghts and weakness of his players.

He should employ technical assistants and scouts to study his players properly. Putting your his faith in the likes of statue Ighalo really puts a lot of question mark on his technical abilities.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by perdollar(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2018
I hope dey bring back oliseh so DT he WL retire igahlo, Mikel, edoho, onazi, kelechi, iwobi, musa n moses. our team should b built around etebo n ndidi
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Carmal90(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
super eagles will regret lossing this coach , he did a good job in world cup, the first match would have been draw , the first match was misfortune, the two goals were error, and that of Argentina, he did quite well, he cannot come and be ighalo shoot in the net or he turn himself to iheanacho , he used most experienced available material players we have abroad , sad we do not have enough quality to compete with even Africa, but we have upcoming talented young ones who can turn up the table in Future ..

I agree with first !match, but he gave the last match to Argentina

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Carmal90(m): 8:29am On Jul 03, 2018
scholes23:
let the man remain with us. getting another coach will not be the solution to our problem. take the current Germany coach for example, despite the poor outings they've had in the past, they still stood by him until he finally won the world cup despite the odds. putting someone under pressure without breathing space is very detrimental.

G: Give
R: Rohr
A: Another
C: Chance
E: Eeeeehhhhh

Germany never had bad outing under low
With the exception of 2018 world cup
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by frank41(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2018
innocential3032:
and u are one of those causing the country problem, supporting a failure? I pray you receive sense cuz u lack it

Amen I receive sense IJN but remain senseless As u have always been. IJN
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2018
He is not a great coach..

Mehn I miss westerhof..
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by innocential3032(m): 8:48am On Jul 03, 2018
frank41:

Amen I receive sense IJN but remain senseless As u have always been. IJN
Reverse this to yhu in the name of mahanta
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by chemicool: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2018
Teewhy2:
If he see better work make he go ooo, is it going to stay with this NFF that is not organised, Chris Giwa that FIFA has suspended for 5 years is been supported by the Sport Minister to take over the federation, if he eventually take over who is he going to work with.
this kind of thing make the country look like a joke.

Unfortunately, you can't buy sense in the market.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2018
Odobopa:
He is not a great coach..

Mehn I miss westerhof..
But Westerhof couldn't qualify us to Italy 1990. Westerhof became successful as a Nigerian Coach in his 5th year (1994) while he was in charged of Super Eagles. To me Rohr needs more time.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by holluphemydavid(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2018
He is a good coach, Nigeria should retain him
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by shurlermoz(m): 9:00am On Jul 03, 2018
They can have him abeg.

We need to plan long term and we need to do that with an indigenous coach.

Countries world over are trusting their own to lead them. Southgate does not have the resume of Oliseh or Siasia yet he is entrusted with the English team, same goes for Japan, Sweden, Denmark, France, Korea, Poland, Tunisia, Serbia, Germany, etc.

The NFF need to put a proper structure in place in terms of a permanent technical team and back room staff, then appoint a local coach with a solid 6 years plan to start with. All this foreign coach will NEVER take us to our desired destination.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by bedspread: 9:01am On Jul 03, 2018
robosky02:
Me; I think nigeria still needs him or

What do you think
SAME THINKING
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by lextube: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2018
Rohr is a good coach. So far he has done a good job. My problem is with our players, else we would have won Argentina.

Players like Ighalo should not play for Nigeria again and some other players. If we can get good strikers, and attackers, I think Nigeria will have a complete team. Our midfielders and defenders are okay.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by Arnoldo(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

you see if na Nigeria coach na we go dey beg make NFF fire am
A nigerian coach wouldnt hav made d super eagles play well He will end up invited the aged
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by danie25: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2018
Please shortlist Sai baba. We are tired of his style of coaching. I no mention name o!
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by aribisala0(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2018
Rohr should go if we must have forein coaches let us go to a country that has understanding of Nigerian football. The likes of Iwobi, Mikel,Idowu and Moses do not play our game. This has always been based on Wingers 7 and 11 that can run and players who can play the ball out of defence instead of forever passing the back to the goal Keeper.

I say go for a coach from Holland ,Brazil or Croatia.

We must also invest in serious funding to train dozens of coaches to work at the under 15 level.

We need a serious structure at the under 15 level. That s where the World Cup money should go

Finally we cannot make progress without a commercial league.

Somebody beg Dangote to forget Arsenal and invest in a Nigerian or Even a West+North Afrcican Super League .

Without our league we are wasting time. There is a huge clamp down in Europe on African players especially in the Premier League with very strict rules.

So for me the way to go is back to basics , invest in training coaches locally and internationally to work with kids from prmary school level with more structure to the under 15 development , develop National league to commercial viiability and consider a West African or West+North African League and figure out how to commercialize it.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by tatawesome(f): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2018
which jeans u come wear for Mikel?
you must be from Iyana ipaja side of Lagos... lmao
ogolomachi:
what's he waiting for
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by phase1: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2018
On the flipside, I wish the NFF can employ the Japanese coach. I would really love to see the Nigerian team play interesting football like the Japanese team.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by tatawesome(f): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2018
PLEASE put the blame on your MCM_ Ighalo a professional striker who could not strike mere looking at Messi's face. Rohr should remain here and coach us on.
phase1:
Sound is not too bad but most times I wonder if he really knows the strenghts and weakness of his players.

He should employ technical assistants and scouts to study his players properly. Putting your his faith in the likes of statue Ighalo really puts a lot of question mark on his technical abilities.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by tatawesome(f): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2018
The problem with our player is that they have chop baleful, we need skilful players wey don suffer inside villages wella struggling to come to limelight
NFF should hunt for such players, then you will will experience a different game entirely on the pitch.
but what we have in Naija is man-know-man. when you know you know. Rohr is a good coach as far as i'm concerned
lextube:
Rohr is a good coach. So far he has done a good job. My problem is with our players, else we would have won Argentina.

Players like Ighalo should not play for Nigeria again and some other players. If we can get good strikers, and attackers, I think Nigeria will have a complete team. Our midfielders and defenders are okay.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by enonche85(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2018
robosky02:
Me; I think nigeria still needs him or

What do you think

We still need him badly!...thanks to him we now have one of the most organised national team in a long while. Certain aspects of the team like the attack and goalkeeping dept still needs work to be done on them, so Rhor should finish what he started.
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by tatawesome(f): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2018
Another problem our players have is they lack flight and speed. the foreign teams outran us in all rams.
we couldn't fly too
Re: Gernot Rohr Shortlisted For Algeria Job by osothermal(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2018
He shouldn't be judged by Nigeria's World Cup performance off-course there are rooms for improvement .Aleast he did better than Joakim low of Germany

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man U Drops To 6th As Dallas Cowboys Remains Most Valuable Team / Westham Enter Top Three Spot After Defeating Liverpool 3 - 0 / "Will Sacrifice Trophies If Told To Get Jab "- NOVAK DJOKOVIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.